Witaj!

20-01-2011, 06:22 AM | Post: #21
Offline The_Crow2k 
90% of the females playing online games make male characters because they either prefer watching a male character running around (instead of an overly endowed female) or because they dont want guys harrassing them in the games they play.

90% of female characters in online games are actually played by men who either prefer watch a female character running around or more often because they like to pretend to be female for one reason or another.

BF2 didnt have females, BFBC2 doesnt have them, CoD Blackops doesnt have them. Why ? because the return on art investment to add them in a commercial game is nonexistant so im not sure you can make a very strong case for including them in a free game.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."
20-01-2011, 06:26 AM | Post: #22
Offline rukqoa 
(20-01-2011 06:22 AM)The_Crow2k napisał(a):  90% of the females playing online games make male characters because they either prefer watching a male character running around (instead of an overly endowed female) or because they dont want guys harrassing them in the games they play.

90% of female characters in online games are actually played by men who either prefer watch a female character running around or more often because they like to pretend to be female for one reason or another.

BF2 didnt have females, BFBC2 doesnt have them, CoD Blackops doesnt have them. Why ? because the return on art investment to add them in a commercial game is nonexistant so im not sure you can make a very strong case for including them in a free game.

Well, the commercial argument is kinda invalid because more genders = more clothes = more money.

But I agree with the other two statements. Sexual/Gender arassment is rampant in almost all games that have female models.

NEW stats chart: http://bit.ly/lDeAlV
Ballistics: http://bit.ly/fFJ0IK
Server Browsers: http://bit.ly/glSEgF
20-01-2011, 07:06 AM | Post: #23
Offline Rox.A 
(20-01-2011 06:22 AM)The_Crow2k napisał(a):  BF2 didnt have females, BFBC2 doesnt have them, CoD Blackops doesnt have them. Why ? because the return on art investment to add them in a commercial game is nonexistant so im not sure you can make a very strong case for including them in a free game.

Think about this, though: The whole pull of Heroes, and something that will be a big part of the business model for this game, is getting people to buy junk. People have spent hundreds of dollars just buying cool outfits for their BFH characters, and if EA play their cards right, people will be just as eager to play dress-up with their cooler, more realistic dolls-I-mean-action-figures in this game.

The more you can connect with your character, the more likely you are to wind up spending money on making it look cooler. The more you can customize them, the more likely you are to connect them. Some people more easily identify with female characters. If you could give them a female action figure to dress up, they'd be more happy to spend money on the game.

This business model is all about creating a link between the player and his dudes, so he'll be more inclined to throw his money at EA for cool trinkets. Creating two different models may be a technical hassle at this point, but if they could come up with a solution, I'm confident it would be worth the trouble.
20-01-2011, 04:35 PM | Post: #24
Offline SalTheSalamander 
(20-01-2011 06:19 AM)rukqoa napisał(a):  I feel like it'd be extremely weird to shoot at female enemies. I guess it's just an imprinted thing in my psyche that it's totally not okay to kill women and children

But then again, there's always harassment.

I agree with pretty much everything you said there Smile

[Obrazek: ddgfmv.jpg]

BFH handle:"slingshot182" (Ten post był ostatnio modyfikowany: 20-01-2011 04:36 PM przez SalTheSalamander.)
20-01-2011, 04:57 PM | Post: #25
Offline Knorpp 
We won't need a female character.
( . )( . )

[Obrazek: attachment.php?attachhash=78720ae81cc2b7...aa300484d2]
20-01-2011, 05:07 PM | Post: #26
Offline SupaSniper005 
Its war soldier, your enemy could be f***** godzilla, you take that awesome down.
20-01-2011, 06:30 PM | Post: #27
Offline MistahPhoenix 
Nah, it'd distract snipers. They'll probably get killed while staring at a player's chest, drooling...
20-01-2011, 06:44 PM | Post: #28
Offline Pharmacist 
99% of the people who say they want female characters because there are females playing are lying, majority of female characters in games are GIRL = Guy In Real Life
20-01-2011, 06:45 PM | Post: #29
Offline Stofen 
(20-01-2011 01:02 AM)Crazy_Catz napisał(a):  This same thing is trying to be implemented into BFH.

The devs confirmed in a Q&A chat a while ago that they had given up on adding female characters into BFH.
20-01-2011, 07:14 PM | Post: #30
Offline El-Nombre 
Go for it, put them in, as long as they're slow runners, not allowed to drive, can't shoot straight and their only abilities are cooking that heals the person eating the food and a cleaning ability the gets points for cleaning up destroyed vehicles

And just in case anyone thought I was being serious... I'm not.

I'm guessing they won't add them in for the same reason that they don't have them in BFH. Effectively doubles the amount of stuff needed when making new appearance customisation. Also the game will be rife with paedos making female characters to make all the randy teenage boys think they're some 18 year old hotty that "really digs them" Rolleyes
20-01-2011, 08:38 PM | Post: #31
Offline Guvna 
What kids think when they hear "female soldier"

[Obrazek: End-of-The-War_by-Idonk.jpg]

Reality

[Obrazek: majsonak.jpg]

Water shapes its course according to the nature of the ground over which it flows;
The soldier works out his victory in relation to the foe whom he is facing - Sun Tzu's Art of War
[Obrazek: signguv.png]
20-01-2011, 10:11 PM | Post: #32
Offline callmebigrichard 
I think there should be females but make them look like a real woman in battle. the one in the middle wasn't bad. Keep the clothes on. I have a female friend and she plays this but I have to agree with her the men aren't hot so why should the female? Hair always up or cut short. Let the ladies have a say on if they want to play men or woman. I don't think she would complain if guys picked on her hell she worked at hooters she is use to it. lol
20-01-2011, 10:15 PM | Post: #33
Offline cronotrigger30 
war rock does it lol
21-01-2011, 01:12 AM | Post: #34
Offline SalTheSalamander 
(20-01-2011 06:45 PM)Stofen napisał(a):  
(20-01-2011 01:02 AM)Crazy_Catz napisał(a):  This same thing is trying to be implemented into BFH.

The devs confirmed in a Q&A chat a while ago that they had given up on adding female characters into BFH.

Last I saw the users haven't given up

[Obrazek: ddgfmv.jpg]

BFH handle:"slingshot182"
21-01-2011, 01:29 AM | Post: #35
Offline iFreedom 
Is there a kitchen department on some maps? Then sure, add it.

Jokes.
21-01-2011, 02:26 AM | Post: #36
Offline Johnysnake 
(21-01-2011 01:29 AM)iFreedom napisał(a):  Is there a kitchen department on some maps? Then sure, add it.

Jokes.

In fact there is a kitchen in the house near B, on the first floor, the famous sniper camp spot.

21-01-2011, 03:16 AM | Post: #37
Offline iFreedom 
(21-01-2011 02:26 AM)Johnysnake napisał(a):  
(21-01-2011 01:29 AM)iFreedom napisał(a):  Is there a kitchen department on some maps? Then sure, add it.

Jokes.

In fact there is a kitchen in the house near B, on the first floor, the famous sniper camp spot.

As long as there's a restriction for female characters to stay in that proximity, I'm imagine a large percentage of the population to be satisfied.
21-01-2011, 05:39 AM | Post: #38
Offline Chemo 
My mother told me not to hit girls. I think shooting them is worse Tongue
21-01-2011, 06:06 AM | Post: #39
Offline iFreedom 
(21-01-2011 05:39 AM)Chemo napisał(a):  My mother told me not to hit girls. I think shooting them is worse Tongue
Does your mother say it's fine to shoot males?
21-01-2011, 06:24 AM | Post: #40
Offline rukqoa 
(21-01-2011 06:06 AM)iFreedom napisał(a):  Does your mother say it's fine to shoot males?

Yeah. It's called paintball from where I come from.

NEW stats chart: http://bit.ly/lDeAlV
Ballistics: http://bit.ly/fFJ0IK
Server Browsers: http://bit.ly/glSEgF

Skocz do:

WEB_PLAYER_PROFILE_ADD_TO_FRIENDS
WEB_PLAYER_PROFILE_REMOVE_FROM_FRIENDS
/pl/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/pl/ajax/friend
Battlefield Play4Free wymaga systemu Windows XP lub nowszego.
Zainstaluj przeglądarkę Internet Explorer 5 lub nowszą.
64-bitowa wersja przeglądarki Internet Explorer nie jest obecnie obsługiwana. Prosimy korzystać z wersji 32-bitowej.
Zainstaluj przeglądarkę Firefox 1.5 lub nowszą.
Prosimy korzystać z przeglądarki Internet Explorer, Firefox lub Chrome.
Battlefield Play4Free obecnie nie obsługuje Twojej przeglądarki.