Battlefield Play4Free
Clothing inserts - Wersja do druku

+- Battlefield Play4Free (/pl/forum)
+-- Dział: Community Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Dział: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Wątek: Clothing inserts (/showthread.php?tid=74938)

Clothing inserts - jjagged - 13-04-2012 09:59 AM

Hello soldiers!

I'll tell you about an exciting new feature we are currently working on that is scheduled for release this spring.

We are going to introduce apparel inserts, items you can put into slots in your clothing and that affect your performance on the battlefield. Imagine
  • extra ammo clips that you carry in your belt
  • heavy ceramic plates in your uniform that absorbs damage, but makes running slower or increases fall damage
  • extra grenades in your harness, but you get fewer magazines for your primary weapon
  • extra tank armor that absorbs damage but makes the tank go slower

These are some examples of what we could do, not final designs.

The inserts mainly give you better performance, but may also have drawbacks, so you’ll get to choose how you want to play your character. Fast and agile or slower but with more protection?

The number of slots available on each clothing item will vary, depending on the unlock level of the item. But you may also get more slots for your favorite uniform if you don't want to change your looks.

[Obrazek: clothing_inserts.png]

At the same time as doing this functional change to the game, we are also changing how the apparel menu looks, so it will be more in line with the weapons menu. See this example screenshot from our web art director Tobias Holmgren (design is not 100% final, so the end result may change a bit).

Questions? Ask them here.

That is all, soldiers. Back to the fight!

RE: Clothing inserts - SpEnSAH - 13-04-2012 11:01 AM

OMG!!!!!

This looks supercool.

EDIT: Sorry taxman Tongue

RE: Clothing inserts - TaxmanB - 13-04-2012 11:01 AM

first!
edit: I hate you spensah Sad
OT: OH god, I hope the apparels balance themselves out nicely because if this means more P2win -_-"...

RE: Clothing inserts - kayack1 - 13-04-2012 11:04 AM

extra ammo , good Big Grin
BTW , i hope that it will not be a thing like the booster ( can't buy it permanently ).

RE: Clothing inserts - Mr.Profesional - 13-04-2012 11:07 AM

Another money mover...

What about game BUGS?

RE: Clothing inserts - Red-Shot - 13-04-2012 11:11 AM

(13-04-2012 11:07 AM)Mr.Profesional napisał(a):  Another money mover...

four soldiers will cost like 250 000 P4Funds now.
I was so proud i had four soldiers, but i guess i have to abandon three of them now because i can no longer afford them.

First we have to buy clothes to get slots, and then we have to buy items to fill the slots with...and i assume it is all BFP4Funds only

Making more clothing slots ilke in BFH would be better (or at the very least split pants / jacket)

Also, how do you get two mouse cursors on one screen? Teach me, so i can kill two people at once ^^

(ps that they have a drawback is good. Else it would be really OP)

RE: Clothing inserts - Elit3kill3r - 13-04-2012 11:11 AM

will it be for funds only or what?

RE: Clothing inserts - eXchance9 - 13-04-2012 11:14 AM

i dont get it? so in the bags and other things you can add a booster in or what?

RE: Clothing inserts - eXchance9 - 13-04-2012 11:21 AM

<Moderator Solid Edit: There is no need to Quote the whole OP>

nice, but can you make this things visual so for example engineer with rpg, its more heavy and his rpg is on his back like this http://www.alexramon.com/images/misc/engineer.jpg

RE: Clothing inserts - CriscoSpectrum - 13-04-2012 11:35 AM

That is a lot of configuration abilities. But vehicle up/down -grades dont sound fitting with apparel.

I can imagine that the holster can boost you with more ammo, but there are also apparel without a pistol. Or the backpack allowing you to carry more weapons or whatever, but It's too much configuration for my taste. It just means I gotta spend more money to make my character better.

If this would go, It would probably work the same as weapons. An upgrade can be used on all apparel types. But why dont you make it work throughout the account. That you other soldiers can use it aswel, else this is just going to make the game too much Pay2win. It is already, I get that, but this is just going a bit too far.

Giving new apparel items some properties would be way cooler. Like buying a helmet which actually makes your attacker shoot your head twice in order to get a headshot. Or a uniform which makes you go slower but has also got a lot of kevlar. And this is also visually visible.

RE: Clothing inserts - Chang - 13-04-2012 11:39 AM

(13-04-2012 09:59 AM)jjagged napisał(a):  Hello soldiers!

I'll tell you about an exciting new feature we are currently working on that is scheduled for release this spring.

Uh, Central European Summer time started almost two weeks ago. You're already behind schedule. Shy

Regardless, this looks quite exciting. When you mentioned a new feature in the profile page thread, this is probably the last thing I expected it to be.
How far will the customisation go? Will it be limited to speed / ammo capacity / armour, or will there be other factors that the inserts will affect?

Personally, I wouldn't mind sacrificing 10 HP to be able to move really fast. But as Crisco has alluded to, I have my concerns that this feature will suffer from the same blunt implementation that the attachment system did. I hope that you take your time working the kinks out of this and make sure that it's fair, otherwise we'll have another legacy attachments / +3 weapons rollback cluster-cuss on our hands again. And I don't think the game can recover from two of those so close together.

RE: Clothing inserts - cekoto - 13-04-2012 11:43 AM

I am also a little bit concerned about balancing issues and the fact that this will probably be only available for Funds. But this new system looks good and if it can be balanced this would be awesome Smile

RE: Clothing inserts - TacticalS - 13-04-2012 11:43 AM

I sure hope this will be available for credits though. Otherwise this game will go to far in Pay2win in my opinion.

RE: Clothing inserts - Jeronimo - 13-04-2012 11:47 AM

Looks interesting, but pigs will fly before this will be fair and not for ridiculous price.

Also this ==>

(13-04-2012 11:07 AM)Mr.Profesional napisał(a):  
Another money mover...

What about game BUGS?

RE: Clothing inserts - jjagged - 13-04-2012 11:54 AM

Well, looking out our window, spring has definitely started, but is in no way over. It's 6 degrees C and raining Smile

We are looking at all sorts of modifiers, but will start small, adding new types of inserts over time.

We have avoided putting properties directly into clothes so that you can use the clothes you like and combine with the inserts that suit you.

The inserts will not be visual at this time, unfortunately.

RE: Clothing inserts - Strac.CRO - 13-04-2012 11:57 AM

"extra tank armor that absorbs damage but makes the tank go slower"
tank is already too weak = too slow, no splash damage, low ammo count in coax, low HP, weak AP shell

on topic:
it will be very hard to mix all that into one sensibly "whole", boosters, training skill, attachments, clothing inserts
I don't like it, although it means I could have CQC ammo + extra magazines etc.

RE: Clothing inserts - Chang - 13-04-2012 12:02 PM

(13-04-2012 11:54 AM)jjagged napisał(a):  Well, looking out our window, spring has definitely started, but is in no way over. It's 6 degrees C and raining Smile

I am the law, you can't beat the law. Wink

(13-04-2012 11:54 AM)jjagged napisał(a):  The inserts will not be visual at this time, unfortunately.

That's a shame, but at least we're getting some new apparel. It's been a while.

Please be careful when implementing these changes. I'm sure you're aware of how potentially game-breaking they could be if handled badly.

RE: Clothing inserts - eXchance9 - 13-04-2012 12:05 PM

(13-04-2012 11:54 AM)jjagged napisał(a):  Well, looking out our window, spring has definitely started, but is in no way over. It's 6 degrees C and raining Smile

We are looking at all sorts of modifiers, but will start small, adding new types of inserts over time.

We have avoided putting properties directly into clothes so that you can use the clothes you like and combine with the inserts that suit you.

The inserts will not be visual at this time, unfortunately.

Big Grin aha, so will we get something new this month?

RE: Clothing inserts - Solid - 13-04-2012 12:07 PM

It´s always nice to see new features which helps each soldier to individualize him- or herself. I hope you will find the balance between our happiness, that these are available for Credits is a must, prices as low as the cheap attachments would be reasonable, and your gain, I expect permanent options in the range of cheap attachments as well

The Spring began for me a few weeks ago and Summer will start in a few months (June) so there is still time. jjaged refers to the ending of meteorological spring Smile

btw, i hope you fix the Bug about Mods not being able to make a Poll. It´s really important and we did not see any bug fixes this year Tongue

RE: Clothing inserts - Healin4ev3r - 13-04-2012 12:10 PM

So we'll have to wear mismatch apparel stuffs to have most effect or similar, and pay more to "upgrade" low-level apparel pieces? Are you guys going to make this a RPG game?

/NO

And imagine a new "tier" of bugs that this "update" will cause.

Also "extra tank armor that absorbs damage but makes the tank go slower" on clothing?