26-04-2012, 02:47 AM | Message : #64
Hors ligne TaxmanB 
yup

26-04-2012, 08:04 AM | Message : #65
Hors ligne TaxmanB 
yes

26-04-2012, 08:53 AM | Message : #66
Hors ligne fr4ser 
There was a rank restricted server option in BF2MC, it meant you could enter a server knowing there would be no one with a rank higher than sargeant.

I think this would be better than a high rank only server as it would give new players somewhere to gain their first few ranks without instadeath by pro point farmers, reduce the number of brand new players getting under the feet of experienced soldiers but still allow those who are on their 3rd soldier to join open servers to get a challenge if they choose.

[Image: sig.jpg]
I AM A COMMUNITY MODERATOR NOT AN OFFICIAL EA REPRESENTATIVE
26-04-2012, 09:11 AM | Message : #67
Hors ligne TaxmanB 
(26-04-2012 08:53 AM)fr4ser a écrit :  There was a rank restricted server option in BF2MC, it meant you could enter a server knowing there would be no one with a rank higher than sargeant.

I think this would be better than a high rank only server as it would give new players somewhere to gain their first few ranks without instadeath by pro point farmers, reduce the number of brand new players getting under the feet of experienced soldiers but still allow those who are on their 3rd soldier to join open servers to get a challenge if they choose.
I see your point, I'm suggesting both though, and only a certain servers should be high-ranked only, most would still be open for everyone.

26-04-2012, 08:17 PM | Message : #68
Hors ligne TaxmanB 
Children grow faster in the springtime.

27-04-2012, 02:42 AM | Message : #69
Hors ligne TaxmanB 
"Goodbye" came from "God bye" which came from "God be with you."

27-04-2012, 12:04 PM | Message : #70
Hors ligne TaxManD 
/sign

27-04-2012, 07:22 PM | Message : #71
Hors ligne Nyze. 
/sign

no newbies who dont know what their job is.....

[Image: bfavqmc6.png]
27-04-2012, 09:28 PM | Message : #72
Hors ligne roennel 
I think i got something to work...give me some more days, there's gonna be a master-statstracker on the BFP4F Tools which also provides some extra functionality, and this one could be rather easily implemented.

High or Low Level Restriction.

Edit:
Yes it works, all it needs is a web-interface, yayShy

Ofcourse you need to register your server there with rcon data.

(Ce message a été modifié le : 27-04-2012 10:07 PM par roennel.)
27-04-2012, 10:08 PM | Message : #73
Hors ligne ay.j.eng 
/sign

See http://p4f.nodester.com/servers - the server list data already has a value for the average level of the players on the server ("Average Rank"). I believe the matchmaking code takes that into account when searching for a server so "Play Now" button should return a server with players closer to your level. But a strict server side limit based on the level would be better anyway.

(27-04-2012 09:28 PM)wtfwtf a écrit :  I think i got something to work...give me some more days, there's gonna be a master-statstracker on the BFP4F Tools which also provides some extra functionality, and this one could be rather easily implemented.
Hm, how are you going to prevent random players from joining a server using a stats tracker Huh

Edit: Oh, saw the edit Smile.

(Ce message a été modifié le : 27-04-2012 10:11 PM par ay.j.eng.)
27-04-2012, 10:14 PM | Message : #74
Hors ligne roennel 
(27-04-2012 10:08 PM)ay.j.eng a écrit :  Hm, how are you going to prevent random players from joining a server using a stats tracker Huh

Edit: Oh, saw the edit Smile.

Well the Stats-Tracker is what started it all, but also based on RCON.

Everything else like this is gonna be a piece of cakeWink

I already got real time stats working for our server, when its fetching player data constantly anyway you can also do such modules like level restriction, and just kick the players that don't fit into it.

It was way easier than i thought, i'm kinda amazed lol.

It's just an option though, but one thats gonna work in some days, until EAsy maybe implements it directly.

27-04-2012, 10:27 PM | Message : #75
Hors ligne ay.j.eng 
(27-04-2012 10:14 PM)wtfwtf a écrit :  Well the Stats-Tracker is what started it all, but also based on RCON.

Everything else like this is gonna be a piece of cakeWink

I already got real time stats working for our server, when its fetching player data constantly anyway you can also do such modules like level restriction, and just kick the players that don't fit into it.

Is this going to be similar to P4FCC or ..? I don't really know what exactly RCON does..

(Ce message a été modifié le : 27-04-2012 10:27 PM par ay.j.eng.)
27-04-2012, 10:33 PM | Message : #76
Hors ligne roennel 
(27-04-2012 10:27 PM)ay.j.eng a écrit :  Is this going to be similar to P4FCC or ..? I don't really know what exactly RCON does..

It's basically P4FCC Web-EditionTongue

P4FCC's Stats Tracking is quite bugged, and also only works as long as you have your client open, and some people got wrong stats or don't even get registered.

And it seems the creator hasn't got a lot of time, and i haven't found out how to add modules to it myself so i thought i create something, making automated stats with P4FCC is also quite a hassle.

It will also have an integrated stats page for the specific server as well as a global one for all registered servers, and more stats, like flags captured, revives, etc.

We could also go mad and do a system where it would be ensured that certain people end up in the same team, or make things like 'Most Flags Captured: %player' at the end of the round in the chat. Or Provide a real Persistent and/or Global Ban-List.

RCON is just kinda protocol/scheme, it stands for 'Remote Control' and its the standard for most games since cs/q3.

You basically just issue commands like 'kick %player' or 'users' and it will then either execute it or give a response.

It should be seen as an Add-On to things like P4FCC, since it doesn't replace it IMO.

27-04-2012, 10:41 PM | Message : #77
Hors ligne ay.j.eng 
^^ That sounds too awesome to be true Big Grin. Can't wait!

27-04-2012, 10:45 PM | Message : #78
Hors ligne roennel 
(27-04-2012 10:41 PM)ay.j.eng a écrit :  ^^ That sounds too awesome to be true Big Grin. Can't wait!

I know right, no idea why i haven't started this earlier...but it needs real extensive testing before going live, we'll test it first on our server. I'll send you the link when its online.

Everything else than the stats are pretty easy to do but the stats require some special treatment, since you don't know (or i don't know yet) easily when a new round starts, which makes it hard to add the correct values when your updating every 2 seconds.

Right now it resets stats every round because of that, but i'll get it to work!Shy

Edit:
i know how i would get it to work, but that would mean stats updates only every round end per server, and i wanna get as close to realtime as possible.

I'm also trying a Weapon-based Auto Kick Restriction, but not sure if thats gonna work yet, there is no info about player weapon.

(Ce message a été modifié le : 27-04-2012 10:58 PM par roennel.)
28-04-2012, 12:01 AM | Message : #79
Hors ligne TaxmanB 
edit: nvm, I wrote it in pm, wtfwtf ^^
I agree with aj, this is gonna be awesome. Can't wait.

(Ce message a été modifié le : 28-04-2012 12:02 AM par TaxmanB.)
28-04-2012, 03:37 AM | Message : #80
Hors ligne slowashell 
(27-04-2012 10:45 PM)wtfwtf a écrit :  
(27-04-2012 10:41 PM)ay.j.eng a écrit :  ^^ That sounds too awesome to be true Big Grin. Can't wait!

I know right, no idea why i haven't started this earlier...but it needs real extensive testing before going live, we'll test it first on our server. I'll send you the link when its online.

Everything else than the stats are pretty easy to do but the stats require some special treatment, since you don't know (or i don't know yet) easily when a new round starts, which makes it hard to add the correct values when your updating every 2 seconds.

Right now it resets stats every round because of that, but i'll get it to work!Shy

Edit:
i know how i would get it to work, but that would mean stats updates only every round end per server, and i wanna get as close to realtime as possible.

I'm also trying a Weapon-based Auto Kick Restriction, but not sure if thats gonna work yet, there is no info about player weapon.

That seems really cool wtfwtf, much respect!

Proud user of the sqare shooting pistol

Aller à :

WEB_PLAYER_PROFILE_ADD_TO_FRIENDS
WEB_PLAYER_PROFILE_REMOVE_FROM_FRIENDS
/fr/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/fr/ajax/friend
Battlefield Play4Free nécessite Windows XP ou supérieur.
Internet Explorer 5 ou supérieur est nécessaire.
La version 64 bits d'Internet Explorer n'est pas compatible pour le moment, veuillez utiliser la version 32 bits.
La version 1.5 ou supérieure de Firefox est nécessaire.
Veuillez essayer Internet Explorer, Firefox ou Chrome.
Battlefield Play4Free n'est pas compatible avec votre navigateur pour le moment.