Bienvenue, Visiteur !

04-06-2011, 10:22 AM | Message : #1
Hors ligne CodePurple 
.: Engineer Class :.
"tank eater"

Hello, main purpose of this post is to just share and get feedback on my engineer class.

Main purpose of this setup: Rushing
Clear an area quick, secure a site as fast as possible, sometimes includes the fact of facing a vehicle.

setup:
1. Elite USAS-12 shotgun (quick, easy kill- good clip size)
Even for mid-range the gun isn't bad. my strategy for this gun is really sprint, jump, aim down the sights and full auto/ quick burst for longer ranges.
2. Elite m1911 pistol (longer range/back-up)
I like to whip this out when I am behind enemy lines piking off campers or ppl running by who do not see me. [attracts less attention/faster to kill from past mid-range]
3. Anti-Vehicle Mine
I do a lot of kamikaze style runs, often starting out rushing one way, completely dodging the objective and just flank- usually a lot of people like to camp it out in vehicles at a control site, thus the tracer/rpg/mines
4. Anti-Vehicle RPG
I really don't use rpgs that much, but really only for farther vehicle targets who pass by. otherwise i really like to get up close and personal by dropping a mine on their vehicle
5. Tracer Dart
6. Grenade
7. Vehicle repair

Training:
(2) Grenade
(1) RPG Ammo
(3) Anti-Vehicle Mine
(1) Tank machinegun
(1) Heli training
(1) Jet training
(2) Combat grenade awareness
(1) Improved threat awareness
(1) Tactical reflexes
(1) safe fall
(1) power climb
(1) job speed
(1) sprint speed

need to invest into tactical reflexes (+2 more)
As stated before i rush, and often miss a lot of campers and people afar
If i wanted to play defensively I would use a Elite mp7 w/ maybe more points invested into grenades.

on a site note: i do have another class within this account: Recon- which i don't really bother to play, unless it was allowed that we could interchangeably use different classes within a game.

Any suggestions? feedback?
04-06-2011, 11:46 AM | Message : #2
Hors ligne BlitzAres 
Im just curious what your actual results using these tactics are. I play a anti-vehicle engie pretty much trying to makr and obliterate enemy vehicles in any way possible. I use the MP5 as it has amazing burst range and is very suitable for capping flags. im a go-getter type of engie using every type of ability available to me and I rarely get less than 20 kills a game and average ~4k a round. I dont remember my exact build but its something like this

4/4 nades
2/2 rpg ammo
4/4 repair tool
3/5 mines
2/2 apc armour
1 heli training

and I forget what else. But my point is use all the anti-vehicle abilities available to you as an engie and make a difference for your team. use teamspeak to let your team know if they mark stuff you'll take it out. It helps more than you think. good luck on the field!
04-06-2011, 11:46 AM | Message : #3
Hors ligne BlitzAres 
Im just curious what your actual results using these tactics are. I play a anti-vehicle engie pretty much trying to makr and obliterate enemy vehicles in any way possible. I use the MP5 as it has amazing burst range and is very suitable for capping flags. im a go-getter type of engie using every type of ability available to me and I rarely get less than 20 kills a game and average ~4k a round. I dont remember my exact build but its something like this

4/4 nades
2/2 rpg ammo
4/4 repair tool
3/5 mines
2/2 apc armour
1 heli training
1/3 tow missile

and I forget what else. But my point is use all the anti-vehicle abilities available to you as an engie and make a difference for your team. use teamspeak to let your team know if they mark stuff you'll take it out. It helps more than you think. good luck on the field!
(Ce message a été modifié le : 04-06-2011 10:18 PM par BlitzAres.)
04-06-2011, 06:40 PM | Message : #4
Hors ligne Spectre 
my setup:

weapon: pp 2000 and m9 pistol
abilities:

- 4/4 grenades
- 2/4 repair tool
- 1/3 tow missile system for the apc
- 1/3 coaxial machinegun for the tank
- 1/4 dead man's trigger
- 1/4 anti-vehicle mine
- 3/4 Improved threat awareness
- 3/3 tactical reflexes
- 1/1 sprint speed

Things that annoy me: grenade nerf. useless team balancing system, buyable training points, renting weapons with credits doesn't equal ingametime. handguns are more lethal than machineguns. absurd server rules. Bugs Bugs Bugs.
04-06-2011, 10:49 PM | Message : #5
Hors ligne AHumbleGentleman 
Get rid of safe fall and possibly power climb, you have unlimited parachutes and there aren't many ladders.

I'd personally say it's more effective to invest in RPG tactics than kamikaze mines, especially if your main restricts you to enclosed spaces where you're further away from vehicles.

If you're sticking with kamikaze runs then invest in adrenaline shots to use in case they open fire on you as you sprint at them.

(29-04-2011 10:46 PM)Regasus a écrit :  - What do you call a guy who makes jokes about women?
- Single.

(01-05-2011 02:29 AM)Bond4141 a écrit :  this is a real suggestion, i don't spam
04-06-2011, 10:55 PM | Message : #6
Hors ligne SnakeXT 
My 2c,

Engineers probably have 2 different playstyles (maybe more!)

1 Tank Hunter, totally focus your TP and skill on hunting tanks, APC/ Jeeps etc away from flags as well as infantry. Maxed RPG, grenades. mines

2 Vehicle Driver, be it Tanks/APCs/Jet/Helis there main TP should focus on Armor upgrade, TOW/Coaxal upgrade, maximize health from all sources and heal friendly vehicles.

[Image: snakext.png]

No Fee For The 1st Month.
Aged 18 and over? Visit http://www.oldguys.eu
(Ce message a été modifié le : 04-06-2011 10:55 PM par SnakeXT.)
05-06-2011, 01:02 AM | Message : #7
Hors ligne t0m3k 
My build only for chopper
http://battlefield.ekl-systems.de/skillt...s=engineer
06-06-2011, 12:40 PM | Message : #8
Hors ligne Chang 
(04-06-2011 10:55 PM)SnakeXT a écrit :  My 2c,

Engineers probably have 2 different playstyles (maybe more!)

1 Tank Hunter, totally focus your TP and skill on hunting tanks, APC/ Jeeps etc away from flags as well as infantry. Maxed RPG, grenades. mines

2 Vehicle Driver, be it Tanks/APCs/Jet/Helis there main TP should focus on Armor upgrade, TOW/Coaxal upgrade, maximize health from all sources and heal friendly vehicles.

3) Flag Boss - lots of points in physical training attributes, RPGs, mines and nades, none in vehicle skills. Used to capture flags and hold them at all costs.
If he's got a good idea of how to defend a flag, this particular engie can be impossible to dislodge.

[Image: c64_burger_zps03fcba5b.png]
09-06-2011, 03:24 AM | Message : #9
Hors ligne MasterMegaManX 
-4/4 repair tool.
-2/4 grenades, just for infantry.
-2/2 rpg ammo
-1/1 Helicopter training
-1/1 Aircraft training
-1/4 anti-vehicle mine
-2/2 tank armor
-3/3 coaxial gun
-1/3 tow missile system

This build is focused on one man army. Very powerful build, usually end up getting top score and making my team win. The coaxial gun is needed because tanks are really good for pushing forward for a reluctant team. Since level 3 gives you 5 reload time and 100 bullets, it is fantastic for holding back loads of infantry. 1 mine for when the opportunity presents itself. The SMG is fantastic for rushing in and killing everyone. Gernades are usually used for anti-infantry pockets and the like. And of course rpg ammo to kill any vehicle as soon as possible.

This build requires you to know your way around every vehicle. Tank is better than APC IMO so i rarely use it, but if i do, the tow system ensures its usefulness for everything. You need to be aggressive with this build or expect to fail miserably. Its marginally good at defense, but it really relys on your skill at defending. But most of the time i find my most success comes from either the tank or being a ground assult engi. The tool is to prolong the life of your tank in karkand, can be not upgraded if you dont mind waiting around while your tank repairs.

Their is about 1 or 2 extra points left with this build, i dont remember. That you can use either to upgrade APC armor, get the heal bus, or get more grenades for infantry.

Combat expertise is not needed mainly because im usually aware of my surroundings and although it is useful, its unnecessary.
07-09-2012, 09:19 PM | Message : #10
Hors ligne FreddeJansson 
1/2 RPG ammo (3 RPGs is enough because I get killed very often thanks to my way of playing.)
1/1 Helicopter training (It's allways good to be able to drive a helicopter so you easily can take you to the battle)
4/4 Improved threat awareness (I like to easily find my enemies)
1/1 Power climb (I climb a lot of laters, especially on Oman)
2/2 Sprint speed (I need to run a lot, so running fast is nice)
1/1 Engineering Damage Assesment (I didn't like any of the abilities I could choose, so I pick this one)*
1/3 Combat Resilience (I didn't like any of the abilities I could choose, so I pick this one)*

I just trains whatever I feel like, what I think is good Smile
I like to play very offensive and sneak up behind enemy defence and kill everything in my way.

*I want to unlock the Combat expertise Tier 3 so because of that I choosed 2 abilities I didnt need.

Aller à :

WEB_PLAYER_PROFILE_ADD_TO_FRIENDS
WEB_PLAYER_PROFILE_REMOVE_FROM_FRIENDS
/fr/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/fr/ajax/friend
Battlefield Play4Free nécessite Windows XP ou supérieur.
Internet Explorer 5 ou supérieur est nécessaire.
La version 64 bits d'Internet Explorer n'est pas compatible pour le moment, veuillez utiliser la version 32 bits.
La version 1.5 ou supérieure de Firefox est nécessaire.
Veuillez essayer Internet Explorer, Firefox ou Chrome.
Battlefield Play4Free n'est pas compatible avec votre navigateur pour le moment.