Hello There, Guest!

02-07-2012, 01:32 AM | Post: #81
Offline Astealoth 
i am really glad to see a uniform hotspot that is less than the grenade indicator range. this was really necessary, thanks so much for lookin at this HATE. i have posted so much about it in the last few months, as have many others. its great to see some work being done with it.

before even in max grenade indicator you could be 1 hit killed outside the indicator range. it seemed the indicator range and boosted hotspot were about the same number. so you could escape the grenade hotspot on your client and still die from hitreg resolution time difference. this smaller hotspot should clear up a lot of that trouble and make for a cleaner, more polished gameplay experience.

[Image: p4fsiggie.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 01:37 AM by Astealoth.)
02-07-2012, 04:15 AM | Post: #82
Offline SmokeyJJ_(M) 
How come medics don't have any unique boosters? Flare demands a buff, booster or not.

(18-05-2012 02:33 PM)jjagged Wrote:  The grenade booster is bugged, and will be nerfed, or rather fixed.

And the congregation said, "Hallelujah!" (This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 04:15 AM by SmokeyJJ_(M).)
02-07-2012, 07:03 AM | Post: #83
Offline Strac.CRO 
(02-07-2012 04:15 AM)SmokeyJJ_(M) Wrote:  How come medics don't have any unique boosters? Flare demands a buff, booster or not.

Flare demands a buff in range

[Image: journeyv.jpg]

02-07-2012, 07:14 AM | Post: #84
Offline SpEnSAH 
(02-07-2012 07:03 AM)Str1000ac Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 04:15 AM)SmokeyJJ_(M) Wrote:  How come medics don't have any unique boosters? Flare demands a buff, booster or not.

Flare demands a buff in range

sign. Also it's superbly bugged.

Die on top of it: 25% chance you spawn on it, 75% spawn at flag.

[Image: spensah.gif]
02-07-2012, 08:31 AM | Post: #85
Offline SeanD 
and the PTE is offline atm ;(
02-07-2012, 08:43 AM | Post: #86
Offline BremsySlo 

I think that the MG36 with attachments is on par with any boosters Wink

Flare needs a FIX not a booster or a buff!

It's amazing at taking flags. It allows the medic to really change the course of the game.
02-07-2012, 09:08 AM | Post: #87
Offline ay.j.eng 
Yeah, PTE is dead again.

Tactical's post above summarizes the last state of the PTE pretty nicely.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 09:08 AM by ay.j.eng.)
02-07-2012, 09:31 AM | Post: #88
Offline HATE  Go to next Official Response...
(01-07-2012 11:44 PM)TacticalS Wrote:  Seeing that many thing were discussed with Hate ingame. The forums on PTE don`t give a complete picture of the things we might expect to change.

Here a little update for you all. Remember that all the things I mention here are in testing fase and many of the things I list are based on ingame conversations with Hate. So they all can change.

Grenades:
- unboosted nades fine (100 max damage, but usually lower). 100 damage against vehicles
- boosted nades are not OP anymore. Radius is much smaller but they do kill people with extra health or armor. (+40 damage). Boosted nades do 140 damage against vehicles.

Gadgets:
- The range of boosted AV-mines will be looked at. (currently they kill infantry at very long range)
- claymores and mortar strike might get one version. Where the booster just increase ammount of claymores carried/cooldown and unboosted versions work the same as boosted versions. (This was not yet on PTE, but we were discussing it and Hate was playing with the idea)
- mortar strike might get self damage in the future.
- Boosted xm-25 was considered OP by many and Hate will take a look at it.

All in all the changes can turn in something nice. I`m currently refraining to take a definitive stance on the matter as I want to see the definitive version , but i`m encouraged. Unboosted gadgets will work again, while boosted ones are OP no longer. Well, we`ll see. Please read this excellent review of Stompy why explosive boosters shouldn`t be there in the first place btw: http://pte.battlefield.play4free.com/en/...p?tid=1371

Good summary, and thanks to everyone who joined into PTE for testing and conversation.

So far the plan moving forward is that all boosters will provide more of the gadget, but not more power.

In the case of grenades/airburst and placed explosives (clays, mines, c4) this means you get more in your pocket when boosted.

In the case of mortar strike it means you will drop an additional 3 shells when boosted, but with no increase to damage, radius or direct damage.

Also based on some feedback mortar strikes reload times are being reduced slightly, but the 5/5 reload is still just under 2 minutes.

EAsy Studio Lead Designer
HATE - Assault
B15H09 - Recon
02-07-2012, 09:36 AM | Post: #89
Offline mono 
(02-07-2012 09:31 AM)HATE Wrote:  So far the plan moving forward is that all boosters will provide more of the gadget, but not more power.

In the case of grenades/airburst and placed explosives (clays, mines, c4) this means you get more in your pocket when boosted.

In the case of mortar strike it means you will drop an additional 3 shells when boosted, but with no increase to damage, radius or direct damage.

Also based on some feedback mortar strikes reload times are being reduced slightly, but the 5/5 reload is still just under 2 minutes.

I am totally cool with all of that. In fact, I think that if that system of boosters got implemented, I would no longer be too embarrassed to ever buy them.

[Image: monosignam2.png]
02-07-2012, 10:14 AM | Post: #90
Offline Chang 
(02-07-2012 09:36 AM)mono Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 09:31 AM)HATE Wrote:  So far the plan moving forward is that all boosters will provide more of the gadget, but not more power.

I am totally cool with all of that. In fact, I think that if that system of boosters got implemented, I would no longer be too embarrassed to ever buy them.

+1. It seems as if I can welcome grenades back into my inventory now with a clear conscience.

[Image: c64_burger_zps03fcba5b.png]
02-07-2012, 10:32 AM | Post: #91
Offline Healin4ev3r 
(02-07-2012 09:31 AM)HATE Wrote:  Good summary, and thanks to everyone who joined into PTE for testing and conversation.

So far the plan moving forward is that all boosters will provide more of the gadget, but not more power.

Gotta love this booster system redo Smile . Obviously better than the sloppy system created 8 months ago.

And for one time P4F gets more attention from devs than BFH ( no DoTD or Jersey price update in BFH forum for 2 days ) Exclamation

[Image: xhUzq]

Honey Badger
PTFO
02-07-2012, 10:35 AM | Post: #92
Offline HATE  Go to next Official Response...
(02-07-2012 10:32 AM)Healin4ev3r Wrote:  And for one time P4F gets more attention from devs than BFH ( no DoTD or Jersey price update in BFH forum for 2 days ) Exclamation

Hopefully we get a chance to do another test round before the changes go live. We shall see.

Again - thanks to all those who contributed during PTE weekend.

EAsy Studio Lead Designer
HATE - Assault
B15H09 - Recon
02-07-2012, 10:46 AM | Post: #93
Offline -=OG=-RPGforYOU 
(02-07-2012 10:35 AM)HATE Wrote:  Again - thanks to all those who contributed during PTE weekend.

If only I could have logged in! Sad Tongue

02-07-2012, 10:50 AM | Post: #94
Offline friday2nd 
Couldnt have the time during weekend to come in pte and test it but it seems you guys did a great job!

Only thing i could contribute afterwards is to please add killfeed for throwbacknades
02-07-2012, 10:54 AM | Post: #95
Offline Echo8ERA 
Is the mortar strike booster still going to be 1500? Unlike all the other items that can be boosted, it isn't reloaded upon death nor restocked by ammo packs.
02-07-2012, 10:57 AM | Post: #96
Offline Healin4ev3r 
(02-07-2012 10:54 AM)Echo8ERA Wrote:  Is the mortar strike booster still going to be 1500? Unlike all the other items that can be boosted, it isn't reloaded upon death nor restocked by ammo packs.

The number of shells will be increased using booster only. Read TacticalS's posts above Wink

[Image: xhUzq]

Honey Badger
PTFO
02-07-2012, 11:01 AM | Post: #97
Offline Strac.CRO 
"In the case of grenades/airburst and placed explosives (clays, mines, c4) this means you get more in your pocket when boosted. "

we'll have spam again

[Image: journeyv.jpg]

02-07-2012, 11:05 AM | Post: #98
Offline friday2nd 
(02-07-2012 11:01 AM)Str1000ac Wrote:  "In the case of grenades/airburst and placed explosives (clays, mines, c4) this means you get more in your pocket when boosted. "

we'll have spam again

Well, avoid trip wiring should work again Wink

Dont know about mortarstrike awarness, might get usef
ul, if its fixed. Throwbackskill?
02-07-2012, 05:58 PM | Post: #99
Offline SpEnSAH 
Sounds excellent Big Grin

[Image: spensah.gif]
02-07-2012, 06:06 PM | Post: #100
Offline 333Dirtbag333 
sounds good, had alott of fun testing the nades in pte, they seemed to be on a "normal" range again more like CB days, wich is great!

Boom

Peng

Work in progress