23-06-2012, 12:39 AM | Post: #1
Offline [BFT]K.U.S.T. 
The current version of the Only the Few is as follows:
  • Damage: Low
  • Accuracy: Medium
  • Ammo: 17/4
  • Range: Short
  • ROF: Slow Semi Auto

Hello, my name is K.U.S.T. I am a BFP4F Closed Beta Tester and an avid Battlefield player. I am here to present to EA and the community a plea for revival for the "Only the Few" pistol. Being the rarest gun most players will ever see in BFP4F, I feel that is is appropriate to explain this gun's history in order for you guys to understand it.

In December 2010, EA announced on the BFH forums that they were releasing a new game, BFP4F. They also stated that anyone who bought $20 or more in Battlefunds in the month of December would be rewarded with the exclusive " 'Only the Few' version of the M9 for Battlefield Play4free!" The whole article on this can be found here. I purchased $20 worth in Battlefunds that month and was excited for the new pistol.

The pistol did not arrive until the premiere of the Open Beta many months later. When it was finally released, I thought that it was a pretty good gun. It's description today is:

Quote:This exclusive version of the M9 was given to those that showed extreme dedication and support to Battlefield Heroes during December 2010.
The "Only the Few" pistol took on all the attributes of the M9, but it had higher accuracy and higher damage, about the same as the MP-443, but with lower range and fire rate. Overall, I think it was a pretty balanced pistol IMO. Sure, other pistols were better than it in fire rate and damage, but the "Only the Few" was like the all-around kind of pistol. This pistol was definitely an exclusive version of the M9 for one day. Ea nerfed it to just a renamed M9 the next day. Why? I will never know.

The Open Beta was extremely unbalanced, so I left for several months playing BFH, Combat Arms, and TF2. I checked back once at around the middle of the 2011 year, but things were still unbalanced, and the "Only the Few" was still just a renamed M9. After almost of year of not playing, I came back at around early January or so in time for the December Update. It was still a bit unbalanced, and I was in a BFH phase at the time, so I left P4F again for a few months.

I returned yet again right when the 1 Year Anniversary shirts were given away and checked up on the game again. This time, the "Only the Few" had regained only half of its former glory with its High Accuracy. All other stats still remained the same as the M9. This is what inspired me to play again, seeing that the "Only the Few" was no longer the M9 anymore.

And now we arrive at June 20, 2012. I logged back into P4F after a few days of not playing only to find out that once again, the "Only the Few" pistol had again been turned into a renamed M9! Basically, for my "extreme dedication and support to Battlefield Heroes", EA has generously rewarded me with the worst pistol in the game that everyone already has for default.

Skip forward to 2014. At the time of this being written, it is April 30, 2014. I have been away for a while, and now that I have returned, the new "Only the Few" is still just an M9, but with two extra bullets. >.> They made some kind of effort, but it's still a crap pistol. What good are two extra bullets when you can't use the first ten without dying? Nothing else has changed...

My suggestion is that the "Only the Few" pistol be boosted a bit so that it's actually an exclusive version of the M9, not just a name. Let's take a look at the December Update and the +3 update. Players who bought guns before the December Update were given Legacy attachments to bring their guns back to what they were before. With the +3 update, those players were given +3 versions of their guns. These guns were pretty expensive at the time they were released for Battlefunds, about $10 each. EA tried their best to try to keep those guns at least close to what they were before while allowing the game to be balanced. If EA did that for the general population who bought a gun at insane prices, why is it that those rare few Closed Beta Testers who showed "extreme dedication and support" to EA's previous games and even helped shaped the entirety of BFP4F are being ignored?

Since the "Only the Few" is a rare pistol, boosting it will not be a game-changing update. It's not like the mortar/grenade booster where anyone could just buy it off the store and completely wreak havoc with it (way back then), the pistol was given out to only a handful of people. If it was boosted, the people might use it more often, showing off that they supported EA. It would also find its way in as a one-of-a-kind pistol, not just an M9 replica.

If I were to appoint stats for a boosted "Only the Few," I would put this:
  • Damage: Medium
  • Accuracy: High
  • Ammo: 17/4
  • Range: Short
  • ROF: Slow Semi Auto

This would actually make it an "Only the Few" version of the M9. Think of it as a modified M9. It would be similar to the MP-443, but slower, shorter range, and less ammo. The accuracy would be like a reminder of the Closed Beta, and that it was originally released with increased accuracy. Of course, this is what I would put. It might not be what EA would put.

I know I can't start a petition where I have people say, "/sign", mainly because not a lot of people have it, thus they wouldn't care. But if you, too, own this gun, feel free to share you opinion on the gun in general and what you think about this "suggestion." Also, for those who don't have the gun, try nabbing a Screenshot or two of anyone with the gun, or a kill-feed of the gun. You can post it here for all to see.

But in all seriousness, I would like for you, EA, to try to make this gun truly one-of-a-kind, and make the people who spent their money for this gun glad that they did so.

Thank your for your time. I know it was long, but thanks for reading it all. Smile

SIGNS
The people listed below signed out of wanting fairness. I did not oblige them to sign.
1. ajb2
2. JCManibog4 (x2)
3. UselessB
4. Darkness
5. xXRaidenXx
6. dutchwillsurvive
7. IEatsBacon
8. IgnisSolus
9. Red-Shot
10. Chronox.

11. Capt_Hound
12. OpTicPredAtorX9
13. SuperEdsel13
14. irfanGF
15. Healin4ev3r
16. Stelle
17. cpt.stone
18. i_killed_yu
19. Stachu
20. Langer

21. kejtyzicx
22. 0-x-Ghost-x-0
23. wejnero12
24. Monolithic
25. Rekedens
26. gen.ba1
27. Ninja-Penguin.
28. Argiros
29. jaman98me
30. VNKsnaiperis

31. AMMO
32. RE-Destruction
33. Aarn.Savo
34. jonj57
35. [L3]Maverick9922
36. BindMind
37. 980711
38. Evilporkchop
39. Dusty555
40. Arrandale

41. Kellar.J.
42. AleksGorecki
43. 5ilent_control
44. -=312th=-Jihad
45. Sovietmaster
46. S.N.I.P.E.R.U.P
47. Sgt.CryWolf
48. MaD_EnGiNeeR8498
49. Teophic
50. Armistace

51. TankMitchels
52. RakketyTam
53. R4di0activ3
54. Cereal.Kill
55. kloud247
56. Mike_Mero
57. ReZone
58. [Cro]Dady
59. Shizzzzler
60. deepsstar

61. PwnTh3W0r1d

BONUS!!
A thought-provoking story analogy for this "petition":
Click Here!

Cheers!
- The Kingdom of the United Sectors of Terra

CLICK HERE! --> "Only the Few" Petition
(This post was last modified: 30-04-2014 10:34 AM by [BFT]K.U.S.T..)
23-06-2012, 03:45 AM | Post: #2
Offline ajb2 
I don't have it, but what you said seems fair.

/sign

[Image: Sig.png]
23-06-2012, 03:51 AM | Post: #3
Offline VForVendetta 
Holy crap I never thought I would see such a large wall of text about such a small and crappy gun that is the M9. I'm guessing there are about 5 other people still playing who also have this gun, and I am guessing they already bought better sidearms.
However, seeing as how this would affect my life by .15% I hope you get whatever you want. /notsarcasm

Oh yeah, and M9s RoF should be Medium Semi-Auto, it isn't that slow, just slower than the others.

[Image: vgtpZ.png?1]
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 03:53 AM by VForVendetta.)
23-06-2012, 04:14 AM | Post: #4
Offline JCManibog4 
I want to know the grand total of the users of the gun. /sign

[Image: jcmanibog4.png]

Created by Dredned
23-06-2012, 06:02 AM | Post: #5
Offline UselessB 
/sign.

I have this gun on all 4 of my characters. I also have much better sidearms. A little boost and I might use this again.

<Inappropriate signature removed by HomeSen (read the Forum Rules, again)>

Stating that EA removed content from my account without my permission, after telling me that they wouldn't, is inappropriate.
23-06-2012, 07:27 AM | Post: #6
Offline Nirvash 
I have it myself, and it sucks that they keep it as bad as the normal M9. Kind of an insult considering how it was advertised to us. It would be fine if the M9 had a higher ROF, and then I could just make due.

23-06-2012, 09:34 AM | Post: #7
Offline [OG]Darkness 
I dont have the pistol, but i so agree with u!
-sign

Join the Old Guys (18+)

[Image: darkog.png]

"I am not human. I have no heart."
23-06-2012, 10:33 AM | Post: #8
Offline Matsuwa 
Plus the BF3 870 Combat.

It's also just a renamed, reskined 870.

It should have higher DMG and Mag Capacity ._.

/sign and maybe you could add BF3 870 Big Grin

[Image: UciEerP.png]

23-06-2012, 10:46 AM | Post: #9
Offline dutchwillsurvive 
Ok just to start off:
Why would you play Combat Arms? It's the biggest Pay2Win game ever! Even worse than this game!
And i also left P4F when the OB was released. I didn't like it that the guns costed money so i left.
I came to P4F i think it was a year later and i saw that things were changing. But it still had the horrible lag that i still suffer today.

This game has become in my eyes from the best to the worst game. The only 2 games i like are Crossfire Europe and A.V.A.

But i agree. I could remember this one but i never tought i heard of it ever again seeing that it was 2 years ago.
Anyway,/Sign to bring justice to this crappy secondhand game!

Moderator HomeSen edit:
Max. size for the full signature can not exceed 250 pixels in height and/or 900 pixels in width. This includes images, text, quotes and links. Maximum combined size may not exceed 500KB. Please read the FORUM RULES before posting a new one.

[img]http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/10/sigh_intensifies-93187.gif[img]
I hope this time it's not too big. :|
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 10:47 AM by dutchwillsurvive.)
23-06-2012, 11:36 AM | Post: #10
Offline IEatsBacon 
/sign

How about a cool default camo also for this gun?

[Image: LjvU4.png]

Shotguns and Handguns for Credits!
#boycottBFP4F
#unbanCinnaStixx
23-06-2012, 11:44 AM | Post: #11
Offline =recon-mo= 
never going to happen

[Image: battlefield-3-signaturen-fanart-battlefi...3a9m6d.jpg]
23-06-2012, 05:28 PM | Post: #12
Offline [BFT]K.U.S.T. 
Wow. I didn't expect people to actually sign to this. It's not necessarily a petition, but /sign away if you'd like. It's nice to see people actually showing some interest. It would be nice to see EA do something about this, too Big Grin

Cheers!

(This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 04:10 AM by [BFT]K.U.S.T..)
24-06-2012, 03:43 AM | Post: #13
Offline [BFT]K.U.S.T. 
I thought of an analogy for this:

Imagine that you are working at a charity foundation. The foundation then says that if you donate a specific amount of money to the organization in a specified time period, you would obtain an exclusive tee-shirt from their new foundation that they're starting. Feeling like you could use a sweet tee-shirt, you donate the money in the specified time limit. You then join the new foundation and help shape how it works. You put many hours of hard work into suggestions and building it up.

When it was finally released, the company gave everyone a general tee-shirt for simply joining the foundation. One of the staff workers comes to you and hands you the general tee-shirt. He then adds, "I have a gift for you. Didn't you donate to our other charity during the specified time limit?" You reply with a nod. "Well then, here is your exclusive tee-shirt!" All giddy, you hold out your hands and you are handed a tee-shirt exactly the same as the general one.

You look at the tee-shirt confused, wondering if there was a mistake. "No, there was no mistake," the worker says to you. "This is an exclusive tee-shirt for those who helped out our other charity fund."

"What's so special about it?"

The staff worker takes the shirt and shows you the shirt's tag. "You see here, we took a sharpie and scribbled the word 'VIP' on the tag. This is truly an exclusive shirt!"

"But it looks just like the one everyone else in the foundation got!" you exclaim. "Is there anything else different about it that would set it apart from all the general tees?" You hold the general tee as comparison to the "exclusive" one, but the staff worker just pushes the shirts away.

"No, there is nothing else different about it. If you want, you can wear this and show people your shirt tag to prove that you were a great help in aiding out other foundation."

Frustrated, you throw the shirt on the floor and shout, "I paid you guys a lot of money for you to scribble 'VIP' in sharpie on my shirt's tag? That's a rip-off! A total scam!"

"Too bad," the worker says as he walks away. "We already have your money. What are you going to do about it?" As the worker walks away laughing, you stand there not knowing what to do with the situation. You don't feel fulfilled, yet you realize that the man was right. You can't do anything about it. Or perhaps you can!

You decide that this injustice isn't going to go unnoticed, so you contact the higher authorities and inform them of the situation, hoping that they will soon get this whole thing all figured out.

Moral of the story, give us an appropriate reward, please. My previous spending is behind me for the time being, and I rely on the "Only the Few" as my only pistol. Please restore the pistol I love!

Cheers!

(This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 04:11 AM by [BFT]K.U.S.T..)
24-06-2012, 03:45 AM | Post: #14
Offline JCManibog4 
^I read that and I feel really sad for you guys. /sign

Edit on 3/1/13: I didn't even notice I signed twice lol. This was probably back when I was new to the forums.

[Image: jcmanibog4.png]

Created by Dredned
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 07:32 PM by JCManibog4.)
24-06-2012, 04:09 AM | Post: #15
Offline [BFT]K.U.S.T. 
(24-06-2012 03:45 AM)JCManibog4 Wrote:  ^I read that and I feel really sad for you guys. /sign

Thank you for you empathy. I feel this every single time I see that pistol.

P.S. You can't sign twice XD, but I will put a "x2" by your name.

Cheers!

(This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 04:11 AM by [BFT]K.U.S.T..)
24-06-2012, 07:44 PM | Post: #16
Offline dutchwillsurvive 
/Bump so that people can see it.

Moderator HomeSen edit:
Max. size for the full signature can not exceed 250 pixels in height and/or 900 pixels in width. This includes images, text, quotes and links. Maximum combined size may not exceed 500KB. Please read the FORUM RULES before posting a new one.

[img]http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/10/sigh_intensifies-93187.gif[img]
I hope this time it's not too big. :|
25-06-2012, 04:09 AM | Post: #17
Offline IgnisSolus 
Yeah, sign me up. I have it on all four of my soldiers
25-06-2012, 04:20 AM | Post: #18
Offline [BFT]K.U.S.T. 
Hey, guys. If you can, try to spread the word about this. Link it in your siggy if you want, but it would be cool if someone made me a signature picture for this. I'm not too good with all that photography editing stuff, so a big shoutout to anyone who can make me a sweet picture siggy!

Cheers!

25-06-2012, 09:30 PM | Post: #19
Offline [BFT]K.U.S.T. 
Good news! I was able to contact Diwan, and he said that he would forward this "petition" to a producer to look at! A big shoutout to Diwan for this! Thanks for the help!

Cheers!

(This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 09:30 PM by [BFT]K.U.S.T..)
25-06-2012, 10:01 PM | Post: #20
Offline Red-Shot 
/sign since i have this weapon