Hello There, Guest!

21-06-2012, 08:36 PM | Post: #1
Offline InNocEnT.NO 
Hey guys

I have been playing P4F for some time now, after transitioning from BF 2 modern combat, and my PC started (suddenly) to have a problem running P4F. after a few minutes of gameplay the CPU is in full use and the game starts to lag really bad. After a few minutes (sometimes moments) the game gets back to normal. Do you have any ideas what might be causing this ? Is anybody else having the same problem ? The PC is not overheating, no backround apps are running, no updates, nothing. I tried to reinstal the game, no difference. This was not happening a few days ago. Something is wrong and I have a hard time finding out what. I will be thankful for your help.

Best Regards from Slovakia

I am running a Dell Latitude e6400, Win 7 pro 64bit, nvidea quatro etc...

Thanks in advance.
21-06-2012, 08:48 PM | Post: #2
Offline 3Stan2112 
Have Task Manager open while you play and sort it by CPU usage. You'll soon see what is eating your cycles.

[Image: i-R5cFsPJ-L.gif]

As of 6/3/13
21-06-2012, 09:18 PM | Post: #3
Offline InNocEnT.NO 
(21-06-2012 08:48 PM)3Stan2112 Wrote:  Have Task Manager open while you play and sort it by CPU usage. You'll soon see what is eating your cycles.

I forgot to mention, that when this starts happening, the game takes approximately 85% of my processors.

and that's why I started this topic.

Best Regards
21-06-2012, 09:20 PM | Post: #4
Offline CryFree 
HI check all background proccesses
i guessing its windows defender it allways makes me stop it because it eats cpu Smile
when that happen y got 100% and cpu starts to lag
go in task man. and check whats is the problem
overheating ?

21-06-2012, 09:35 PM | Post: #5
Offline InNocEnT.NO 
(21-06-2012 09:20 PM)CryFree Wrote:  HI check all background proccesses
i guessing its windows defender it allways makes me stop it because it eats cpu Smile
when that happen y got 100% and cpu starts to lag
go in task man. and check whats is the problem
overheating ?

As I mentioned, the PC is not overheating, checked the task manager, the game has high CPU load and I noticed just now, that this "lag cycle" even happens when the game is windowed and I am in the "ready room" (when I move the window around, it has a trail (like this http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg87/scal...es=landing )... the game has absolutely not reason to act like this, but it does.

any other ideas ?

Best regards
22-06-2012, 07:32 AM | Post: #6
Offline InNocEnT.NO 
Ok, so I have done some deeper investigation and I found out, that the intel speed step is causing the massive lagging. So I disabled the option in BIOS, but now, instead of a full lag, the game seems to be slower in general, (like bullet time in Max Payne, but not so slow) ... I have updated my BIOS driver, but I haven't been able to do any testing yet. But hopefully, this will solve the problem and I will be a happy BF player once again....

Anywayz, thank you all for you intensive input teaching me how to start the task manager, as I work in an IT company that knowledge was totally unknown to me...

Best Regards

I will update the topic once more after I will do some testing or solve the issue.
22-06-2012, 07:42 AM | Post: #7
Offline Solo_Kamen 
<offtopic>Be kind to others, or they won´t put you out of sheet when you will need it most Wink </offtopic>

And what about drivers to your motherboard/CPU? My friend had some problems with automatic underclocking of his CPU(some dualcore intel, dont know whitch exactly) and solved it by new drivers.

Also, have you checked exsact temparature of your PC components? If not, then do it, you might be surprised as I when I thought that my PC is "not overheating".

P.S. I would like to see how the hell can multiplayer game run in "bullet time" mode Big Grin Post a video if you can, please.

If you live in deceit, you have no life. (This post was last modified: 22-06-2012 07:44 AM by Solo_Kamen.)
12-07-2012, 09:16 AM | Post: #8
Offline InNocEnT.NO 
(22-06-2012 07:42 AM)Solo_Kamen Wrote:  <offtopic>Be kind to others, or they won´t put you out of sheet when you will need it most Wink </offtopic>

And what about drivers to your motherboard/CPU? My friend had some problems with automatic underclocking of his CPU(some dualcore intel, dont know whitch exactly) and solved it by new drivers.

Also, have you checked exsact temparature of your PC components? If not, then do it, you might be surprised as I when I thought that my PC is "not overheating".

P.S. I would like to see how the hell can multiplayer game run in "bullet time" mode Big Grin Post a video if you can, please.

Hey, the problem was not in my PC... the new release that came out yesterday fixed the problem...

bullet time meaning that I was lagging all the time but with small lags... it made my movements look slower than everything else...

Best reagards
12-07-2012, 09:50 AM | Post: #9
Offline Charon[PL] 
No one thinks it can be a software problem? Not so long ago my antivirus started to eat 100% of processor usage. The computer slowed as hell. I uninstalled it, and everything was OK then. Maybe you should try simple reinstall of game?

DEATH TO THE FOES OF POLISH REPUBLIC!

Laughing at your skills since 17.06.2011
13-07-2012, 05:38 PM | Post: #10
Offline InNocEnT.NO 
(12-07-2012 09:50 AM)Charon[PL] Wrote:  No one thinks it can be a software problem? Not so long ago my antivirus started to eat 100% of processor usage. The computer slowed as hell. I uninstalled it, and everything was OK then. Maybe you should try simple reinstall of game?
I reinstalled it at least five times, got a whole fresh system too... nothing... the new release helped a bit... but after 2 or 3 games the lags come back... so nothing was solved...