Hello There, Guest!

20-06-2012, 08:24 AM | Post: #1
Offline cekoto 
First I want to apologise if this thread seems silly, but I don't understand anything about how barrels work. I checked the comparison tool, but I don't understand the numbers. I want to buy a barrel for my medic and assault, wich will increase my weapon's max range. Can you suggest something? I see that people praise the Close-in barrel, but what about the Barracuda barrel? And please explain things plain and simple, I really don't understand those numbers. Thank you in advance.

[Image: famous_movies_11.gif]

cekoto - assault
BG_Csar - medic
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2012 08:25 AM by cekoto.)
20-06-2012, 08:28 AM | Post: #2
Offline XkS.Assassin.GEO 
Stand Off Barrel increases range,same damage for long range,but decreases it in close range. The close-in barrel increases damage in short and medium distances of the gun. So I still prefer the Close-in,and I'm a little pissed of that I spent 999 funds for that crap called Stand-off Barrel...
20-06-2012, 08:37 AM | Post: #3
Offline cekoto 
So with Stand off I will be able to shoot farther, but in CQC I will do less damage? Also, Does the Close-in increase overall range of the gun? Or it just increases the close and medium % in the overall range?

cekoto - assault
BG_Csar - medic
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2012 08:39 AM by cekoto.)
20-06-2012, 11:05 AM | Post: #4
Offline XkS.Assassin.GEO 
(20-06-2012 08:37 AM)cekoto Wrote:  So with Stand off I will be able to shoot farther, but in CQC I will do less damage? Also, Does the Close-in increase overall range of the gun? Or it just increases the close and medium % in the overall range?

1. Yes
2.Yes,but mostly only ranges I have mentioned.

All in all,I suggest you to buy Close-in,as LMGs are designed for long ranges,they don't have an advantage over engis and assaults on short ranges,that's why Close-in barrel is worth for LMGs.
20-06-2012, 11:23 AM | Post: #5
Offline ay.j.eng 
Don't even think about Barrakuda barrel. It sucks and is really only meant for low-level players (sucks for them too though).

My favs are:

Close In
Cheap and works great for CQC setups.

Precision Barrel
Faster bullets. Many people think it's only useful for SRs or if you're doing mostly long-range shooting but I find it helpful at all ranges. When you're going 1vs1 against a guy, faster bullets win. Also, the fact that you see the damage indicator faster helps too because you can then adjust your aim.

Predator Barrel
A little bit of both.

Also: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=82639

20-06-2012, 12:00 PM | Post: #6
Offline cekoto 
Thank you all for the help, I understood some things, but there is still one thing I need help with. Let's say that I have a weapon that has a max range of 100 meters. If i put Close-in barrel on it, for example, will I be able to kill an enemy that is 110 meters away?

cekoto - assault
BG_Csar - medic
20-06-2012, 01:21 PM | Post: #7
Offline Nikodemos 
No it does not. It increases the range in which your gun does medium amount of damage. I'll give an example:

Your gun has a range of 100m. In <20 meters your gun does 20 damage per bullet. On 20-60 meters your gun does 17 damage per bullet. +60 meters your gun does the minimum 15 damage per bullet. If you put a close-in barrel to your gun, your gun now does 20 damage on <25 meters, and 17 damage on 25-65 meters, while your maximum range is still 100 meters and does 15 damage.

Hope this helped.

[Image: nikodemos.png]
BlameCredit goes to MeanMachine
20-06-2012, 01:26 PM | Post: #8
Offline XkS.Assassin.GEO 
(20-06-2012 12:00 PM)cekoto Wrote:  Thank you all for the help, I understood some things, but there is still one thing I need help with. Let's say that I have a weapon that has a max range of 100 meters. If i put Close-in barrel on it, for example, will I be able to kill an enemy that is 110 meters away?

No,only damage.
20-06-2012, 01:32 PM | Post: #9
Offline cekoto 
Thanks, I understood the concept. One final question, is there a barrel that increases the maximum range of the gun? (for example, from 100 meters to 120 meters)

cekoto - assault
BG_Csar - medic
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2012 01:34 PM by cekoto.)
20-06-2012, 01:40 PM | Post: #10
Offline XkS.Assassin.GEO 
(20-06-2012 01:32 PM)cekoto Wrote:  Thanks, I understood the concept. One final question, is there a barrel that increases the maximum range of the gun? (for example, from 100 meters to 120 meters)

No.
20-06-2012, 01:49 PM | Post: #11
Offline cekoto 
OK. Thank you all for your answers Smile It's been very helpful. This thread can now be closed Wink

cekoto - assault
BG_Csar - medic