Hello There, Guest!

09-06-2012, 02:24 AM | Post: #1
Offline smgunsftw 
I was sick and tired of people not putting these vehicles to good use, causing us to lose the round, and I decided to make a guide on it. I also wanted to let people know about the unwritten etiquette around these vehicles. The entire thing may seem long, but I can assure you that it will positively impact your gameplay and performance on the battlefield.

These vehicles have become an essential everyday item in Battlefield Play4Free, but have you taken a closer look at these vehicles rather than using them for warfare? The differences between both vehicles can make a difference on the battlefield. With respect to the overall volumes, protection for occupants, and the field of view for gunners, these two vehicles are designed for different functions on the Battlefield.
As one can observe from the screenshots below, both vehicles have approximately the same length and width. However, the Vodnik has a much higher ground clearance and its height is almost twice as tall as the Humvee. Consequentially, this makes the Vodnik a much larger target for RPG's, Tanks, and Armoured-Personnel-Carriers. This is especially appearance on the road connecting A to the main road in the map Oman. A Vodnik will be easily spotted between those buildings by an enemy. On the other hand, the Humvee can make for fast and stealthy strike vehicle, as it embodies a smaller frame than the Russian Vodnik. Its smaller frame also allows the driver to park in a space undetected, such as the alleyway beside flag D, the walls behind the C spawn-point, and beside the train on Oman. In conclusion, the size of the Humvee is more practical than that of the Vodnik.
[Image: screen001w.jpg]

[Image: screen002d.jpg]

[Image: screen003.jpg]

By referring to images 4 to 8, we can see that the passengers of the Vodnik are less exposed to gun fire than the passengers of the Humvee. First of all, the driver of the Vodnik can only be shot from the front or side, with a metal frame separating the passenger compartment from the driver. This makes sure he cannot be harmed for rear-side shrapnel. In comparison to the Humvee's driver, he can be injured from all three directions, as his back can become a target for enemy soldiers who manage to flank around. Second of all, the gunner of the Humvee vulnerable to bullets and explosives from the sides or rear. However, a gunner of the Vodnik would only have to worry about his posterior, as his sides are protected by the body of the vehicle. Third of all, the 3rd and 4th passengers of the Vodnik have narrower field of views than that of the Humvees. In exchange for the limited field of view for the Vodnik's passengers, they are less likely to be decapitated by enemy forces. One can easily snipe the passengers of the Humvee, but sniping the passengers of a Vodnik requires timing and patience, due to the fact they are only ungraded at the rear of the Vodnik. The protection a Humvee can offer to its passengers is no match for that of the Vodnik.
[Image: screen005q.jpg]

[Image: screen006ww.jpg]

[Image: screen009q.jpg]

[Image: screen010tr.jpg]

[Image: screen013m.jpg]

[Image: screen014a.png]

[Image: screen015a.png]

In the last two photos, you can observe the different weapons the gunners of each faction has access to. The Humvee sports a classic .50cal Browning HMG, while the Vodnik uses an adapted version of the Kord. Although they may seem different, they are identical to each other in damage, magazine size, and reload times. As with the machine guns of both transport vehicles, the gunner is protected by light and bulletproof plating around their weapons. In the case of the Humvee, these metal plates cover the view of about 1/2 of the entire screen, restricting the field of view of their sides. Nevertheless, the Vodnik's plate also covers a portion of one's field of view, however, the gunner can see through the sides of the gun, as well and under the gun. This allows for a more vigilant and alert gunner at all times. With relation to the size of the vehicle, the placement of the turret on the Vodnik is substantially taller than the Humvee. Consequentially, this permits the gunner of a Vodnik to fire over short walls and other obstacles alike.
[Image: screen011n.jpg]

[Image: screen012hi.jpg]

One might think these minor details are irrelevant to the outcome of a single match, however, in a head-to-head encounter, these advantages and disadvantages may save your life on the Battlefield. Using the data and evidence mentioned above, I have drafted the theory that the Vodnik was designed for transporting troops into battle and providing covering fire, while the Humvee was designed to be a strike vehicle and a infiltration vehicle that flanked enemies. Ultimately, it is up to the actions of an individual to decide the effectiveness of one vehicle on the Battlefield. Here are some tips to help with achieving success using these vehicles:

Responsibilities of a Driver (F1):
Always try to act as a taxi to infantry at the beginning of rounds, carry them to the nearest capture point
If your gunner spots an enemy, try to stop the vehicle, if safe, and allow your gunner to shoot at the enemy with accuracy and precision.
Never try Jihad Jeeping (C4 Car Bombing) if there are other occupants in the vehicle, as an unsuccessful attempt can bring death to both of you
Don't sound the horn excessively, it can be annoying to teammates and you can easily give out your position
Use the mouse to look around while driving, you can easily avoid death and eliminate enemies with due diligence. Third-person-view and front view also helps.
When capturing a flag with an empty vehicle, do not switch to the gunner's seat unless there is a immediate threat, experienced snipers tend to hunt for lone wolves in the gunner seat
Don't try to speed across the field of view of a tank, APC, or Helicopter, just because your car is faster doesn't mean they can't hit you
Never get in the vehicle of a stationary gunner, they have stayed at that position for a reason
If engaging a group of hostiles, position your vehicle with the front pointing at them and switch to the gunner's seat/get out of the vehicle and fire your weapon at them. If you are an engineer, I would recommend you repair the vehicle behind cover, so that your gunner won't have to worry about the vehicle blowing up.
Listening to the opinions of your teammates and passengers, teamwork is key!

Responsibilities of a Gunner (F2):
Spot enemies to alert the driver
Do not waste your bullets, it can leave you unprepared for an ambush, as well as giving away your position
Using Ctrl to duck from enemy gunfire
Ducking or switching to a passenger position when capturing a flag
Not engaging choppers or APC's, you will only irritate them and attract unnecessary attention to you and your fellow occupants. Unless you know the vehicle has less than 100hp, do not shoot at it
Responsibilities of a Passenger (F3 & F4):

Spot enemies to alert the driver/gunner
Addressing the driver to where he/she should drop you off at
Engaging Enemies at the flanks of the car
If an Engineer, firing at tracers or pursuing vehicles, laying mines
If an Assault, placing C4 onto the ground if being followed Securing the area around a flag upon arrival

09-06-2012, 06:36 AM | Post: #2
Offline GrandArc 
this guide is excellent, well done my friend. one point though, when these two vehicles do face each other, it is usually the vodnik that wins, just because of the superior cover, and the fact that the higher position of the gunner in the vodnik makes it easier to shoot the head of the Humvee gunner. also when you have a few of these things on one point, defensively it is very helpful. you always have someone covering you, and the combined damage of the vehicles can be devastating

[Image: TllRFUr.png]
|YouTube Channel|Media Thread|
09-06-2012, 06:55 AM | Post: #3
Offline JuniorJr 
Great, although Vodniks usually win, try to get the legs of a gunner if possible.

[Image: BFAAT.png]
09-06-2012, 07:10 AM | Post: #4
Offline ay.j.eng 
Great guide!

(09-06-2012 06:36 AM)GrandArc Wrote:  this guide is excellent, well done my friend. one point though, when these two vehicles do face each other, it is usually the vodnik that wins, just because of the superior cover, and the fact that the higher position of the gunner in the vodnik makes it easier to shoot the head of the Humvee gunner.

Not to mention that APCs can't damage the vehicle by firing at the glass/front part (bugged damage modifiers) of the Vodnik which gives them another advantage.

09-06-2012, 07:59 AM | Post: #5
Offline SuxxHD 
Good guide!

[Image: Untitled-1.png]
09-06-2012, 03:37 PM | Post: #6
Offline MuffinYea 
Also, if someone is putting C4 on a vehicle, DO NOT TAKE THAT VEHICLE!

[Image: ACTUALLYFinishedSig.jpg]
14-06-2012, 08:50 AM | Post: #7
Offline stone:head:65 
Nice guide.

14-06-2012, 01:47 PM | Post: #8
Offline ...Mr.Gramps... 
If a Humvee/Vodnik is speeding toward you do shoot at the driver. Aim at the engine. That is where you do max damage. Wink

P.S. I once was being followed by a Humvee in a Vodnik so I moved to F3 and dropped a land mine.

14-06-2012, 02:16 PM | Post: #9
Offline El_Rushbo...e 
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2013 01:50 PM by El_Rushbo...e.)
14-06-2012, 03:17 PM | Post: #10
Offline CM_Punk_2012 
btw vodnik has more life and armor, but the humvee has less of both. also when driving the vodnik the only way you can die(without it blowing up) is using the mg on the roof, but on the humvee u can die using the mg on the roof and/or sitting in the very back. so in my opinion vodnik is better.

vodnikSmile

humveeSad
14-06-2012, 04:31 PM | Post: #11
Online JCManibog4 
Usually right now in the US military, the Humvees back is covered.

OT:Nice guide

[Image: jcmanibog4.png]

Created by Dredned
15-06-2012, 12:26 PM | Post: #12
Offline 0tomek0 
Man if you shoot APC at wheels it's worth trying.
it takes at least 8 dmg per shot so even if you die APC will loose 150-200 HP, which is as much as a RPG or TOW shot
15-06-2012, 01:53 PM | Post: #13
Offline KillBilly 
(09-06-2012 02:24 AM)smgunsftw Wrote:  Responsibilities of a Driver (F1):
Always try to act as a taxi to infantry at the beginning of rounds, carry them to the nearest capture point

Nope.

On a lot of maps, the driver should not stop at the nearest capture point!

The nearest capture point is to be taken by soldiers on foot and/or slower armoured vehicles.

@Karkand, US driver should NEVER take A with his humvee. He should drive straigth to either B or C.

@Myanmar, the driver should go straight for B or C.

@Dalian & Oman it's always a good idea to spread out and have each car cap a different flag.

@Mashtuur: same, don't stop at A or D but drive to B or C as fast as you can.

Otherwise a good guide, but I really think this should be pointed out. Every time some noob driver stops at A in Karkand, the other team takes B, C and D, and it's damn hard to come back from such a bad start.

- Always outnumbered, never outgunned -
Correction: Always out of ammo since they fckd with my gun
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2012 01:55 PM by KillBilly.)
15-06-2012, 04:23 PM | Post: #14
Offline slowashell 
(15-06-2012 01:53 PM)KillBilly Wrote:  
(09-06-2012 02:24 AM)smgunsftw Wrote:  Responsibilities of a Driver (F1):

Nope.

On a lot of maps, the driver should not stop at the nearest capture point!

The nearest capture point is to be taken by soldiers on foot and/or slower armoured vehicles.

@Karkand, US driver should NEVER take A with his humvee. He should drive straigth to either B or C.

@Myanmar, the driver should go straight for B or C.

@Dalian & Oman it's always a good idea to spread out and have each car cap a different flag.

@Mashtuur: same, don't stop at A or D but drive to B or C as fast as you can.

Otherwise a good guide, but I really think this should be pointed out. Every time some noob driver stops at A in Karkand, the other team takes B, C and D, and it's damn hard to come back from such a bad start.

Absolutely agree. Most game deciding mistake most players do.

Proud user of the sqare shooting pistol
15-06-2012, 04:28 PM | Post: #15
Offline Mekanismi 
Frankly, I play so much on random servers that over the year I have learned
not to trust anyone of the team mates to actually fulfill the proper roles.

Its totally different situation if you have designated team in teamspeak or
such.

Uncle Mekanismi's SOLO RoaD Rage:

Pointers in Karkand.....
As the map is basicly suburb central there is superb value in having aither
.50cal or 12mm stationary in certain positions...
For example near B. Not at the flag but near it. This manover can be easily foiled
by an ignorant player who sees the gunner in empty Humvee or Gaz but still
decides to jump in and drive the car to the first rpg ambush available.

Pointers in Dalian:

The map is all about moving fast and flanking around the enemy main push.
The wheels are the way to move around here. The map is so heavy on armor
and other heavy stuff that the gunning position stuff is about as useless as pissing
in the wind. Use the vehicles to flank the enemy, get flags and to steal armor.

Pointers in Dragon valley:

Same as Dalian but here you have more options because of the vegitation.
As the heavy stuff rolls to B, you might be able to turn around the whole game by
positioning one heavy mg in appropriate place.. C flag surroundings are one of the sweet spots for this tactic.

Pointers for Mashtuur:

As it is very important to take the flags in this map as soon as you can...
there are also superb positions for the .50 and 12mm.... mostly around C and B.
Again thease placements are easilly lost by one newbie hopping in your car
and driving it to its doom.... this happens: hop out... the people who do this
usually dont really listen or know what commonsense is.

Pointers for Myanmar:

This map, as it has vehicles.. is very Infantry oriented because of the vegitation
and the lack of roads. However... there are certain valid tactics here too.
Because the map is so... dense.. It might be a good idea to try to bush the
vehicle around certain flags and gundown anyone who you see.
And if the opportunity arises.. drive trough the flags which you can
without totally getting cornered.

The common place here is that usually, if you try to solo gun your way with Humvee or
Gaz. its painfully common occurrance that some noob/troll just sits in the drivers seat
and goes full 15yo on your arse and gets you both killed.

When you have a proper team on voice chat, things tend to be very different.

I don't. and so.. as I said. I don't trust anyone to do their job as a gunner or
otherwise.. Its absolutely useless to try to use the hgm if somebody is driving and steering
there and here and what not so you might aswell forget about it.
Using the vehicles in pure taxi duty is in certain maps very counter intuitive because
it usually ends up killing the whole lot. so perhaps the first two flags but i wouldn't
ride much further than that.

You can do loads of thease "howto" guides which rely on people working together
on a subject but you should understand that even if you do.. its like 7 year old
stuff this... Without designated teams its all for the drain.
For every 1 person understanding this there will be 100 who will do the exact opposite.

[Image: bfp4fsignerfcopy.jpg]
15-06-2012, 04:40 PM | Post: #16
Offline XxwrekXx 
Really nice, well done Smile

[Image: Sig_1.jpg]

I want Dogtags.
15-06-2012, 04:44 PM | Post: #17
Offline Mekanismi 
(15-06-2012 04:40 PM)XxwrekXx Wrote:  Really nice, well done Smile

oh yeah almost forgot... ><

yep well done.

[Image: bfp4fsignerfcopy.jpg]