Hello There, Guest!

01-06-2012, 04:09 PM | Post: #1
Offline Bombosun 
Hi,

Simple Question I hope; How effective is the Field Repair Vehicle skill?

I used to play BF2, and there engineers could repair other vehicles whilst still in their own. I want to recreate this, but it seems that the repairs take MUCH longer, and I have to be parked virtually inside the vehicle I want to help. It ends up being quicker to jump out, repair them, and then find someone has stolen the vehicle i arrived in Tongue

Equally - I presume that the skill won't mean you repair your own vehicle when sat in the gunners seat - this would be OP I think.

What are the communities thoughts / experiences on this skill?
01-06-2012, 04:19 PM | Post: #2
Online roennel 
It's absolutely devastating if all the Driver's involved have it, even just an APC + Tank on Karkand can become undestructible.

We lately did that with 4 APC's and a Tank, the only thing that could kill us was a Assault with C4 while we were being unattentionalWink

+ the Heli Pilot could just hover above us to repair near instantly.

But you need your known Teammates for it, 90% of the People you're trying to heal just look weirdly at you and rush away, there should be somekind of a Message or Icon popping up. I rarely get to use that skill in a random pub server.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 04:20 PM by roennel.)
02-06-2012, 09:25 AM | Post: #3
Offline Pa1nster 
According to https://sites.google.com/site/wikibfp4f/...s/engineer
Quote:Field Repair Vehicle [1]
■ Repair nearby team mate vehicle while piloting any vehicle.
□ Heals by 2% of Allies vehicle max HP every 0.5 seconds
□ Has 10 meter radius
□ Does not work on stationary weapons like AA's and TOW's
□ Only works if soldier is the driver/pilot
One vehicle can be repaired only by one field repair at a time. So 2 APCs close to each other would repair just as fast as 4. But it seems like you can repair several vehicles simultaneously.
For me it seems like quite a helpfull skill for you team. but it won't give you many exp points if you're looking for that.
03-06-2012, 11:57 AM | Post: #4
Offline TaxmanB 
(01-06-2012 04:19 PM)roennel Wrote:  It's absolutely devastating if all the Driver's involved have it, even just an APC + Tank on Karkand can become undestructible.

We lately did that with 4 APC's and a Tank, the only thing that could kill us was a Assault with C4 while we were being unattentionalWink

+ the Heli Pilot could just hover above us to repair near instantly.

But you need your known Teammates for it, 90% of the People you're trying to heal just look weirdly at you and rush away, there should be somekind of a Message or Icon popping up. I rarely get to use that skill in a random pub server.
This Smile

05-06-2012, 10:27 PM | Post: #5
Offline Bombosun 
Many thanks for your responses.

10m range, and 4% / sec is what I was wondering.

In my fevered imagination, I can see the group working and laying waste to all, although definitely most useful when the drivers know / talk to each other.

Course, being on the other side of the tank barrel, its nice to know that a concentrated RPG salvo will still bring down the repairing tanks Smile
07-06-2012, 06:38 PM | Post: #6
Offline DeltaForce2nd 
For maximum efficiency you need a teammate with another heavy vehicle and the same skill.
It is definitly worth it, but as roennel said, it has very limited use in the average random public game.

UH-60 Blackhawk