Hello There, Guest!

13-06-2012, 12:44 PM | Post: #61
Offline 303ConArtist 
I always wonder how the camping factor is measured. Enlighten me please Wink

(This post was last modified: 13-06-2012 12:44 PM by 303ConArtist.)
13-06-2012, 01:06 PM | Post: #62
Offline roennel 
(13-06-2012 12:44 PM)303ConArtist Wrote:  I always wonder how the camping factor is measured. Enlighten me please Wink

Your current Position (in 3D Coordinates) gets stored every 10 seconds, camping factor is calculated out of the difference of those (always the next one).

Basically the farther away you are the next 10 seconds from your current point, the less % you will get.

But i might need to deactivate those (along with other stuff) in the future, as we already have 6.5 Million DB Entries from only 4 servers and a few days, thats 1 GB of Data and our SQL Server runs on 100% nearly all the time.

(This post was last modified: 13-06-2012 01:08 PM by roennel.)
13-06-2012, 01:14 PM | Post: #63
Offline ay.j.eng 
(13-06-2012 01:06 PM)roennel Wrote:  
(13-06-2012 12:44 PM)303ConArtist Wrote:  I always wonder how the camping factor is measured. Enlighten me please Wink

Your current Position (in 3D Coordinates) gets stored every 10 seconds, camping factor is calculated out of the difference of those (always the next one).

Basically the farther away you are the next 10 seconds from your current point, the less % you will get.

What about those capping the flags? They'll likely stay in the same spot for the capture - will they get a higher camping %?

Also, by using that info, would it be possible for it to detect spawnkilling? A person getting killed close to their spawn point shortly after spawning? It could be interesting and useful if done right.. you could add a feature to warn people automatically if the same person does it repeatedly. Smile

(13-06-2012 01:06 PM)roennel Wrote:  But i might need to deactivate those (along with other stuff) in the future, as we already have 6.5 Million DB Entries from only 4 servers and a few days, thats 1 GB of Data and our SQL Server runs on 100% nearly all the time.

You could maybe get rid of the suicide stuff now as it's not very interesting anymore after the suicide bug fix.

13-06-2012, 01:23 PM | Post: #64
Offline roennel 
^^

True, but on the other hand dying and respawning far away will reduce Camping %.

I never said its accurate as hell, thats not really possible, especially since the 10 seconds delay is built in, or better said a MM defined variable. But it's still the best we got so far.

And yes there are possibilities for some nice features for that, like Replaying a Round in the Webinterface with the Minimap, but that basically needs a 3D-Mapping of every Map, that may will come in the future.

--

And yes i could, but those are not really the one's causing the load.

The 10 Second Records have Position, Level, Team & Ping in it, and the main Issue there is not necessarily the size of the single entries, but just the fact that they get created every 10 Seconds per Player.

The other Stats have a table for the current Round, Since Player Joined and the Total one's, which will get calculated & computed into another 'Main' Table every 60 seconds.

I got some ideas for fixes, but all of those need massive restructuring, so it will take a while, our plan to get that thing public will not work if a quad-i7 with 8GB Ram is nearly constantly at 50% load with 4 Servers in the current Setup.

13-06-2012, 01:30 PM | Post: #65
Offline -=OG=-RPGforYOU 
(13-06-2012 01:23 PM)roennel Wrote:  quad-i7 with 8GB Ram is nearly constantly at 50% load with 4 Servers in the current Setup.

Lol, then you might limit the labour done on those! Tongue Like camping %.

13-06-2012, 02:05 PM | Post: #66
Offline roennel 
(13-06-2012 01:30 PM)RPGforYOU Wrote:  
(13-06-2012 01:23 PM)roennel Wrote:  quad-i7 with 8GB Ram is nearly constantly at 50% load with 4 Servers in the current Setup.

True but it's not only those...i mainly need to split the StatsTracker & WebAdmin part a bit more, and make the StatsTracker "intelligent", so it can estimate when round ends and when it should get executed, and rely more on direct rcon for WebAdmin, since that doesn't seem to be the problem.

13-06-2012, 02:16 PM | Post: #67
Offline -=OG=-RPGforYOU 
(13-06-2012 02:05 PM)roennel Wrote:  
(13-06-2012 01:30 PM)RPGforYOU Wrote:  

True but it's not only those...i mainly need to split the StatsTracker & WebAdmin part a bit more, and make the StatsTracker "intelligent", so it can estimate when round ends and when it should get executed, and rely more on direct rcon for WebAdmin, since that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Continue to work you code wizard! Tongue

13-06-2012, 06:09 PM | Post: #68
Offline roennel 
Tool is Up again.

Votekicks now require 8 votes, for general testing and to please St0mpyTongue

16-06-2012, 05:07 PM | Post: #69
Offline 303ConArtist 
Excuse me here, but since when is C4 not allowed on flags?

Somebody was banned in your server for this, and a small ruckus rose, with the admin claiming it was unfair gameplay and then some nonsense about him being like Nord (or coming with his account?) and banning for whatever reason and we would all shut up.

I simply stated he wasn't logical, he said the same non sense about Nord and stuff, I repeated he still wasn't logical and got kicked for supposed flaming.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not whining, it's because I love your server and found his action unreasonable, as well as his behavior was plain arrogant when I suggested we find some solution with mature conversation.

I'm just wondering how can someone ban a player for a reason he comes up with on the spot (I'm gonna ignore the behavior, he could have a bad day, and that's why I don't say any names).

(This post was last modified: 16-06-2012 05:08 PM by 303ConArtist.)
16-06-2012, 05:09 PM | Post: #70
Offline Cheezy.Badger 
It didnt took you too long to get here.

And yeah since when Defending a flag with C4 is bannable?

[Image: pimp-walking.gif]
PIMPIN` AINT EASY
16-06-2012, 05:20 PM | Post: #71
Offline Realist 
I wish too see how you react when I blew up up to 6 players capping flags, including you (4x C4 in most popular covers in cap zones). Priceless.

[Image: RsD5K.jpg]
16-06-2012, 05:24 PM | Post: #72
Offline 303ConArtist 
(16-06-2012 05:20 PM)Realist Wrote:  I wish too see how you react when I blew up up to 6 players capping flags, including you (4x C4 in most popular covers in cap zones). Priceless.

Happens, but I can't do anything about it. It's part of the game, it feels bad to have your tank blown up but it sure feels good to do it.

(This post was last modified: 16-06-2012 05:26 PM by 303ConArtist.)
16-06-2012, 05:32 PM | Post: #73
Offline Realist 
but believe me, it's not funny getting killed 5-6-7 times even without having such newb in view. Most of servers i know ban for this, reason is simple - multikills without boosted C4. In crisis situations pushed team runs together (it's safier), and BOOM, 5 players dead while capping flag cuz some idiot, drinking coffe, hidden in someplace only refreshing C4 at flag.

[Image: RsD5K.jpg]
16-06-2012, 06:12 PM | Post: #74
Offline roennel 
Please send me a PM 303.

16-06-2012, 06:29 PM | Post: #75
Offline PeaceMaker99 
303 is making a big case where no one on server saw problem except him for kicked trolling guy and after it starts flaming to me and telling admin what to do so get 2 warnings and after it short ban now here complain about it.

[Image: 2_tarcza1.png]
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2012 06:34 PM by PeaceMaker99.)
16-06-2012, 07:44 PM | Post: #76
Offline Wolvesshaddow 
i was talkin too you too about this in game, dont you remember? so im now telling my opinion. if you ban somebody for 3 days becuz he placed C4 at a flag its not fair, the server does NOT have this in the rules. you didnt even warn the guy how placed the C4. and you should also know that the game is not only capturing flags if theres a guy who places c4 on a flag you just have to kill him before you go capturing, its not such a big deal.
btw correct me if im wrong but you was warning a sniper becuz he camped (maybe he killed you some times) but if im right this is abuse of the admin rights
16-06-2012, 08:28 PM | Post: #77
Offline 303ConArtist 
(16-06-2012 06:29 PM)PeaceMaker99 Wrote:  303 is making a big case where no one on server saw problem except him for kicked trolling guy and after it starts flaming to me and telling admin what to do so get 2 warnings and after it short ban now here complain about it.

I wish it would be me the only one but apparently it wasn't. This is not because I have a personal hate against you or anything, it would be the same with any admin.

Landia who also was in the server asked "We ban for that"?

You started saying something about you come as Nord or something like that and I told you you were not logical. You repeated the same thing, I said you weren't logical again and you kicked me.

I understand that there's a thin line between trolling and normal playing, and being killed over and over can frustrate people but that wasn't really the case for me, it was just that hasty decision to ban somebody I was criticising mostly, I told you we could discuss it and you came back with this.

[Image: f90a42be155f451d8f9753f.png]

If the chats/logs are saved somewhere we will be able to find the issue. Rolleyes

Edit:

(16-06-2012 06:12 PM)roennel Wrote:  Please send me a PM 303.

Well, that's all, a pm will say the same things.

I'm not bitching, I'm saying we can discuss this so that we don't have such issues in the future.

(This post was last modified: 16-06-2012 08:31 PM by 303ConArtist.)
16-06-2012, 08:30 PM | Post: #78
Offline Nord] 
(16-06-2012 05:07 PM)303ConArtist Wrote:  Somebody was banned in your server for this, and a small ruckus rose, with the admin claiming it was unfair gameplay and then some nonsense about him being like Nord (or coming with his account?) and banning for whatever reason and we would all shut up.

I simply stated he wasn't logical, he said the same non sense about Nord and stuff, I repeated he still wasn't logical and got kicked for supposed flaming.
I dont exactly get what you mean by that, so I just can assume what it most likely would be, and say:
I dont kick/ban for anything other then violating the written rules of our server, cheating(obviously) and excessive trolling/flaming of both other players or admins.

Neither do I play on other accounts or use any other accounts to play than this one, so if any1, ever, should be claiming to be me but "has to relog first", is obviously lying. All my 4 soldiers have admin rights.

edit: yes, we save the entire chatlogs, but we have to wait for Ron to get home, so we can acsess them.

Cheater protection in EA games means that cheaters are being protected by EA & EAsy.

P4F Tools Admin & Fools Member
my Gameplay, Commentarie & Weapon test Videos
my Youtube Channel
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2012 08:34 PM by Nord].)
16-06-2012, 08:38 PM | Post: #79
Offline 303ConArtist 
(16-06-2012 08:30 PM)Nord] Wrote:  I dont exactly get what you mean by that, so I just can assume what it most likely would be, and say:
I dont kick/ban for anything other then violating the written rules of our server, cheating(obviously) and excessive trolling/flaming of both other players or admins.

Neither do I play on other accounts or use any other accounts to play than this one, so if any1, ever, should be claiming to be me but "has to relog first", is obviously lying. All my 4 soldiers have admin rights.

edit: yes, we save the entire chatlogs, but we have to wait for Ron to get home, so we can acsess them.

I didn't understand either, I assume he was saying if he used your account appearing to be you, it would be more intimidating/strict so that there wasn't anyone cticising? Because you are more well known?

I really don't know, I'm just making assumptions.

16-06-2012, 08:57 PM | Post: #80
Offline TaxManD 
Using C4 and camping are absolutely not against the rules, that's all I can say, we'll look into it. Sorry if you get kicked, that shouldn't have happened.

(This post was last modified: 16-06-2012 09:02 PM by TaxManD.)