Hello There, Guest!

18-05-2012, 05:38 PM | Post: #61
Offline -=OG=-RPGforYOU 
Fixing nades and fixing suicide glitch. What happened? Confused Tongue
(This post was last modified: 18-05-2012 05:39 PM by -=OG=-RPGforYOU.)
18-05-2012, 05:42 PM | Post: #62
Offline sp3lk 
(18-05-2012 05:38 PM)RPGforYOU Wrote:  Fixing nades and fixing suicide glitch. What happened? Confused Tongue
mabye someone trolled a dev with the boosted nades. then used the suicide glitch and dmt to nail him again.

18-05-2012, 05:44 PM | Post: #63
Offline CaptPewPew 
(18-05-2012 05:37 PM)sp3lk Wrote:  i agree they are broken. i disagree that people using them are glitchers. i question the comparsion between the two. easy could easily sort it out they chosse not to for profit.

You make many assumptions by saying that... sure, it is the EAsy and popular opinion and it will buy you internet coolness points, but that doesn't mean it is true. It could just as easily be a timeline/resource issue. The suicide glitch has been around forever (much longer than the grenade booster problem), yet it is only now they are "choosing" to fix it. Were they waiting that long just to reap profits? Of course not, because it doesn't cost anything to use. So, the canned response to this is "They don't care about it because it doesn't make them any money". Catch-22, anyone?

The only reason you question the comparison between the 2 of them is because you use the grenade booster. You realize it is broken, yet you are able to justify using it because you get to pay for it. Either way, it is an exploit. Screw this namby pamby "glitching/glitcher" stuff. Exploting/exploiter is far more appropriate and damning.

[Image: hVU6W.png]

RIC0H edit: Please do not use KONY 2012 signatures. Please contact VitalBullet if you disagree with the action
18-05-2012, 05:56 PM | Post: #64
Offline sp3lk 
(18-05-2012 05:44 PM)CaptPewPew Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 05:37 PM)sp3lk Wrote:  i agree they are broken. i disagree that people using them are glitchers. i question the comparsion between the two. easy could easily sort it out they chosse not to for profit.

You make many assumptions by saying that... sure, it is the EAsy and popular opinion and it will buy you internet coolness points, but that doesn't mean it is true. It could just as easily be a timeline/resource issue. The suicide glitch has been around forever (much longer than the grenade booster problem), yet it is only now they are "choosing" to fix it. Were they waiting that long just to reap profits? Of course not, because it doesn't cost anything to use. So, the canned response to this is "They don't care about it because it doesn't make them any money". Catch-22, anyone?

The only reason you question the comparison between the 2 of them is because you use the grenade booster. You realize it is broken, yet you are able to justify using it because you get to pay for it. Either way, it is an exploit. Screw this namby pamby "glitching/glitcher" stuff. Exploting/exploiter is far more appropriate and damning.

i relise just like many others that it was op. it does need a nerf. i dont belong to a clan and often play on public servers. and like many others i got sick of being boosted naded to death. life is people exploiting each other sad but thats the way it is. youll come to relise this yourself.

easy nerfed the grenades as they introduced the grenade. just like the legacy atachments meants it was either a big mistake or on purpose. either way the blame lies squarly on the shoulders of easy. you dont blame the dog for eating your dinner when you leave it on the floor.

yes i do use the grenade booster. i dont say what i say for internet "cool" points im not a teenager and frankly could not give a single s*** what my own mother thinks of me never mind people on a forum. i couldnt be cool even if i wanted to be.

calm down lad youll give yourself a hernia.

18-05-2012, 07:55 PM | Post: #65
Offline CaptPewPew 
(18-05-2012 05:56 PM)sp3lk Wrote:  i relise just like many others that it was op. it does need a nerf. i dont belong to a clan and often play on public servers. and like many others i got sick of being boosted naded to death. life is people exploiting each other sad but thats the way it is. youll come to relise this yourself.

Such wise words... for someone born yesterday. This isn't a lesson in life or morals. This is a simple case of pointing out flawed logic. Your flawed logic.

Quote:easy nerfed the grenades as they introduced the grenade. just like the legacy atachments meants it was either a big mistake or on purpose. either way the blame lies squarly on the shoulders of easy. you dont blame the dog for eating your dinner when you leave it on the floor.

So you're saying you are an opportunist? Just taking advantage of an oversight on the developer's parts and a broken element in the game?

Quote:yes i do use the grenade booster. i dont say what i say for internet "cool" points im not a teenager and frankly could not give a single s*** what my own mother thinks of me never mind people on a forum. i couldnt be cool even if i wanted to be.

I'm not teenager, either. Not that it would matter in this case because this isn't an issue of maturity of life experiences, this is an issue of the "pot calling the kettle black". For not giving a sh!t, you certainly do make a lot fo posts defending your choice.

Quote:calm down lad youll give yourself a hernia.

If you could please point out where I am not being "calm" I will certainly point out that you've added a tone to my post that was not there.

RIC0H edit: Please do not use KONY 2012 signatures. Please contact VitalBullet if you disagree with the action
(This post was last modified: 18-05-2012 07:57 PM by CaptPewPew.)
18-05-2012, 08:37 PM | Post: #66
Offline shotblasted 
(18-05-2012 02:33 PM)jjagged Wrote:  The grenade booster is bugged, and will be nerfed, or rather fixed. I don't have the exact timeframe, but it won't be the next release. Probably the next one after that.

sadface:

this fixes nothing, there will still be a divide between useless unboosted nades, and nades which work as they should (after any bug reduction fix)

boosted nades need to be removed completely and the basic grenade beefed up and given to all

Lastly- booster should only affect the amount carried, not its strength

blah blah blah
18-05-2012, 08:41 PM | Post: #67
Offline [HB]Akanto 
(18-05-2012 02:33 PM)jjagged Wrote:  The grenade booster is bugged, and will be nerfed, or rather fixed. I don't have the exact timeframe, but it won't be the next release. Probably the next one after that.

YEAH!
EVERY grenadeboosteruser is a buguser. THANK YOU JJAGGED!!!!!!!!! I <3 you!

[Image: 9iu6zq8c.png]

18-05-2012, 11:10 PM | Post: #68
Offline BoomStick. 
So you're saying, that it's not supposed to be the way it is? Oh and I just made a small chart to visualize the difference between boosted and unboosted nades...

[Image: nades.JPG]

[Image: sig2.png]
18-05-2012, 11:45 PM | Post: #69
Offline TheDrunkHobo 
so either throw pebbles at people, or abuse a bug...huh. i thought the nade booster were just overpowered...not a bug. since they are nerfing them, hope they make the booster into tier 2 nades...

(This post was last modified: 18-05-2012 11:46 PM by TheDrunkHobo.)
19-05-2012, 12:07 AM | Post: #70
Offline Assimus:) 
(18-05-2012 05:29 PM)sp3lk Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 05:28 PM)sn0wXz Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 05:23 PM)sp3lk Wrote:  you people hardly put an intelligent argument together now do you?

(18-05-2012 05:23 PM)sp3lk Wrote:  thee differance between the nade booster and the suicide glitch is simple. ea profits from one.

Stay in school bro, lol. Regardless of what opinion you have on the booster/suicide exploit; I wouldn't recommend questioning peoples intelligence with such horrible sentence structure and grammar/punctuation errors, and no I'm not a grammar nazi, I just find it funny when people set themselves up for a little fail Tongue.

yes being dyslexic i tend to fail at spelling. also i said intelligent argument i didnt say anything about anyones intelligeance. mabye you should try to read. even with my fail at spelling and grammer it isnt that hard.

Poor dyslexic people on the net, u can haz cheeseburger for your horrible suffering, o wait. I think its intelligence*, I don't see how having dyslexia and using internet forums makes any sense, if you fail at comprehension and spelling, deal with the flaming you get for questioning intelligence but being unable to spell it correctly, cuz dyslexia has you adding extra a's in words that don't have them, Lol. "differeance", "intelligeance", sound it out bra.

Your right though, its not a "intelligeant" debate, because the nade booster has been special education style OP for a while now, its a joke they would even admit its broken after leaving it for so long.

(18-05-2012 05:34 PM)CaptPewPew Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 05:23 PM)sn0wXz Wrote:  Need something to frown upon, try poor game design/development, but then again we can't blame em for using the refractor v2 engine from years n years ago given the limitations of the engine and resources to put into fixing or fine tuning things.

Ummmmm... I think you've decided to argue something completely different than the topic at hand. Not that I care, really, but you are making the assumption that a give a sh!t about this random topic you've decided to interject with. For your information, I don't.

Oh, you don't care the boosters are mentally slower than "average" 7x radius compared to non boosters? Thats good cuz this is nade booster thread, you were looking for the off topic "i dont care bout anything" thread, where you can chat about how much you don't care.
19-05-2012, 01:21 AM | Post: #71
Offline CaptPewPew 
(19-05-2012 12:07 AM)sn0wXz Wrote:  Poor dyslexic people on the net, u can haz cheeseburger for your horrible suffering, o wait. I think its intelligence*, I don't see how having dyslexia and using internet forums makes any sense, if you fail at comprehension and spelling, deal with the flaming you get for questioning intelligence but being unable to spell it correctly, cuz dyslexia has you adding extra a's in words that don't have them, Lol. "differeance", "intelligeance", sound it out bra.

Your right though, its not a "intelligeant" debate, because the nade booster has been special education style OP for a while now, its a joke they would even admit its broken after leaving it for so long.

It's good we've got you here, Dr. Everything. I mean, without your professional opinion on dyslexia we'd be left thinking this guy is really, seriously affected by dyslexia when, in fact, he's just setting us all up with a typical internet excuse. We all know dyslexia is just reversing letters like all the funny t-shirts and jokes have been telling us for ages.

Elena Ise and Gerd Schulte-Körne, the authors of the paper Spelling deficits in dyslexia: evaluation of an orthographic spelling training, and many others are only helping reinforce this lame internet cop out...

wait... what...?

(19-05-2012 12:07 AM)sn0wXz Wrote:  Your right though...

It's "you're", by the way. You know, seeing as we're on the topic of being an idiot....

(19-05-2012 12:07 AM)sn0wXz Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 05:34 PM)CaptPewPew Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 05:23 PM)sn0wXz Wrote:  Need something to frown upon, try poor game design/development, but then again we can't blame em for using the refractor v2 engine from years n years ago given the limitations of the engine and resources to put into fixing or fine tuning things.

Ummmmm... I think you've decided to argue something completely different than the topic at hand. Not that I care, really, but you are making the assumption that a give a sh!t about this random topic you've decided to interject with. For your information, I don't.

Oh, you don't care the boosters are mentally slower than "average" 7x radius compared to non boosters? Thats good cuz this is nade booster thread, you were looking for the off topic "i dont care bout anything" thread, where you can chat about how much you don't care.

Notice the bit I quoted? The bit about the refractor v2 engine? The bit you feel needs special consideration and has nothing to do with the topic at hand? Yeah, that's what I was referring to, smart guy.

(This post was last modified: 19-05-2012 01:23 AM by CaptPewPew.)
19-05-2012, 02:29 AM | Post: #72
Offline [ANC]RicocheT-M 
(18-05-2012 11:10 PM)BoomStick. Wrote:  So you're saying, that it's not supposed to be the way it is? Oh and I just made a small chart to visualize the difference between boosted and unboosted nades...

[Image: nades.JPG]

where you found that?

[Image: a854cc70dca04fe59e069e831bd1a8c63bf8ef38.png]
19-05-2012, 02:50 AM | Post: #73
Offline BoomStick. 
(19-05-2012 02:29 AM)AfdsasZ Wrote:  where you found that?

*made* it. Based on my observation, unboosted grenade has kill radius not much bigger than the grenade itself and somewhere around 1,5 meter away it becomes harmless. On the other hand boosted grenade remains a guaranteed kill at around 10 meters away. I assumed, that boosted grenade does have slight border where it deals damage, but doesn't guarantee a kill. Based on that I created those charts. They propably aren't extremely accurate, but give quite a good picture of how the things are with the booster vs. no booster.

[Image: sig2.png]
19-05-2012, 03:16 AM | Post: #74
(19-05-2012 02:50 AM)BoomStick. Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 02:29 AM)AfdsasZ Wrote:  where you found that?

*made* it. Based on my observation, unboosted grenade has kill radius not much bigger than the grenade itself and somewhere around 1,5 meter away it becomes harmless. On the other hand boosted grenade remains a guaranteed kill at around 10 meters away. I assumed, that boosted grenade does have slight border where it deals damage, but doesn't guarantee a kill. Based on that I created those charts. They propably aren't extremely accurate, but give quite a good picture of how the things are with the booster vs. no booster.

It looks a little bigger then 10x radius of the non boosted part, might just be because its not on scale with what the game determines as a "meter", and what the graph is displaying as a "meter" in radius size, not exactly sure but then again when I think of standing near a boosted frag, yea I would need a radius of about the size of the boosted one to even think about getting away without loosing full health, so it can't be too far off I guess.

(19-05-2012 01:21 AM)CaptPewPew Wrote:  It's good we've got you here, Dr. Everything. I mean, without your professional opinion on dyslexia we'd be left thinking this guy is really, seriously affected by dyslexia when, in fact, he's just setting us all up with a typical internet excuse. We all know dyslexia is just reversing letters like all the funny t-shirts and jokes have been telling us for ages.

(Generic googled link for sources here, cuz we stayin' in community school)

Yea when I read his posts, I seen whoopi goldberg or lil wayne which ever it was, and started loling. I hope you don't really expect sympathy for dyslexic patients on the internets, rofl.

(19-05-2012 01:21 AM)CaptPewPew Wrote:  It's "you're", by the way. You know, seeing as we're on the topic of being an idiot....

Your mad, LOL. I guess I don't have enough intelligeance, I'm sorry I have dyslexia bra, also I'm albino. Cry rivers pl0x.

(19-05-2012 01:21 AM)CaptPewPew Wrote:  Notice the bit I quoted? The bit about the refractor v2 engine? The bit you feel needs special consideration and has nothing to do with the topic at hand? Yeah, that's what I was referring to, smart guy.

Actually Refractor v2 engine is the source behind the poorly coded game; I mean do you really believe EAsy needs 2 months, 10 men and a dude to PR the forums before a bug thats been present ingame since the start is fixed? (suicide); Do you think it would take them months to tweak dmg on boosted nades they sellin' like a baws?

The bit about the engine its coded on and how poorly EAsy manages to fix/implement changes because of the lacking resources or logistics is relevant to the same old story, release -> OP -> broken for few months -> fixed -> repeat $$$.

They could have fixed numerous broken aspects of the game that are fundamental and more important to balance then half the updates they released or numerous m/a sessions. Lets keep this in context now, we are playing a port/scaled down version of battlefield with a majority of the fail fps community - on low end pcs with astounding rates of incompetence per server - per player; however you can't ignore the highly antiquated engine behind the scenes of what amounts to a slow motion crash of a short bus full of speds.

It's good they decided to nerf them now, but its funny how they pass it off all nonchalant as if it wasn't another EAsy day at the office. Wait for the clothing attachments to come out and introduce some new bugs and such that will persist for a few months, enjoy your stay in p4f. Lols.

OB would seem awesome, but the game has actually declined alot in re-playability just due to the limited content available, and constant backwards progression with implementation of new features.
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2012 03:17 AM by Assimus:).)
19-05-2012, 04:43 AM | Post: #75
Offline CaptPewPew 
Trolling just isn't what it used to be.

To admit defeat so quickly and easily with those sorts of retorts really dampens any impact your statements will ever have, regardless of validity.

19-05-2012, 05:01 AM | Post: #76
No trolls here among moderated communities, mainstream google definition of trolling is believed by mainstream followers, you can preach that all day and throw around troll accusations, but in reality if you want to see a real troll, goto 4chan and become a pedophile.

I doubt offering opinions on fps shooter forums is taken with much "validity" anyway, I don't know what your smoking. Its a online anonymous forum, thus inducing accusations of trolling by every other kid who just l2google definitions.

Back on topic, nade booster will probably be pre-cursor to c4 booster/suicide passenger seat nerf, because it shares similar radius horribad increase, maybe enough people have not used it enough, so I sayeth onto thee go forth, and doeth. If you enjoy p4f and the bs included with free fps titles, then I can't really convince you any different.
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2012 05:02 AM by Assimus:).)
19-05-2012, 05:13 AM | Post: #77
Offline CaptPewPew 
You're a wannabe troll and you do a terrible job of it. You'd realize that a fair amount of opinions/statements are taken seriously and perceived as being quite valid if you weren't constantly tripping over the English language to add a dose of pseudo-intellectualism to your posts. It's the greatest curse of the failed troll, really.

Touting oneself as a 4chan troll is the same thing as a schoolyard bully calling himself a criminal. It's like calling deaf people names and giggling about it.

C4 is also a little harder to obtain than grenades and it requires slightly more skill than just lobbing it in a general direction. That would be why it isn't as villainized, but it has certainly been recognized.

(This post was last modified: 19-05-2012 05:16 AM by CaptPewPew.)
19-05-2012, 05:27 AM | Post: #78
Offline ObeyMayhem 
(18-05-2012 12:28 PM)RGeneral24 Wrote:  nerf boosted nades to pre-t3 nades values

SOLVED!

about "suicide glitching": I use it! Abuse it! Get dmt kills with it! I prevent flag caps due to it! I pwn noobs with it!

/thread

/next topic

NERF AIRBUST!!

and the cycle restarts Dodgy

It's not that Airburst with booster is OP it is just how people use. People use it as a primary when it really should be used for killing a group of people in a building window on around a corner. The only "OP" thing about it is the fact that people use it to kill people that are in wide open areas.

[Image: showsig.php?id=2145b3a416696cd9f5255ec701dc5d37]

^Over 1,200 kills with Sv98^
19-05-2012, 05:32 AM | Post: #79
Offline MadHaTT3R 
I dunno, but Im entering this thread into a "Lamest Ever" contest and I bet I place...

I do like the graphic though! Well done, except your ratio is a bit off. If the nade lands right next to you, it can kill you unboosted. So maybe give it a little bit of red. Looks to biased to be accurate.

@The Dyslexic Albino guy: Why do you not have a spell check plugin? There is no excuse for poor spelling on the internet. It literally tells you what you should have written!! Though it won't help, with your and you're. You're on your own thereCool

[Image: showsig.php?id=48cb9f8ca2d2c2c4720c6253f196fe37]
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2012 05:36 AM by MadHaTT3R.)
19-05-2012, 06:48 AM | Post: #80
(19-05-2012 05:13 AM)CaptPewPew Wrote:  You're a wannabe troll and you do a terrible job of it. You'd realize that a fair amount of opinions/statements are taken seriously and perceived as being quite valid if you weren't constantly tripping over the English language to add a dose of pseudo-intellectualism to your posts. It's the greatest curse of the failed troll, really.

Nobody is a troll here, this is battlefield play4free forums, you are in the wrong website. It's not my fault if you take everybody's opinion as either serious debate, or "trolling". Which ever term you copped from trend-hoeing around, its all relevant baby.

(19-05-2012 05:13 AM)CaptPewPew Wrote:  Touting oneself as a 4chan troll is the same thing as a schoolyard bully calling himself a criminal. It's like calling deaf people names and giggling about it.

No, really those are the actual trolls, Lol. I don't get the point in calling deaf people names, trolls post CP in front of the public without any fear of reprecussion, nobody here is trolling, nobody here is "behind 7 proxies bro, come at me".

(19-05-2012 05:13 AM)CaptPewPew Wrote:  C4 is also a little harder to obtain than grenades and it requires slightly more skill than just lobbing it in a general direction. That would be why it isn't as villainized, but it has certainly been recognized.

LOL, it takes no skill. It cannot be tossed long distances across into a base, but it can be driven there with instant immunity on the self dmg explosion, its radius is bigger then nade booster, it does alot more dmg (1,000 dmg to full health tank at close range for one stick of boosted, compared to like 4-5 non boosted not even reaching 1k).

While its true not many people use it, its as broken as ms booster/rpg booster used to be. You can easily maintain defense on any base with c4 booster, you can spawn-trap 1/2 the bases in the game to the point where only boosted nades/heli ect will take you out, everybody spawning is instantly dead (oman in front of A just spamming over wall and sides, easy 50-60 kill game/12k+ score, C base oman behind fence where all spawn on other side just tossing over, same easy kill easy capture of base, no skill).

(19-05-2012 05:32 AM)MadHaTT3R Wrote:  @The Dyslexic Albino guy: Why do you not have a spell check plugin? There is no excuse for poor spelling on the internet. It literally tells you what you should have written!! Though it won't help, with your and you're. You're on your own thereCool

Spell check is built into the forums, but I doubt that helps dyslexic people from comprehending there is no "a" in intelligence in the same post as questioning the intelligence of people posting. The red squiggly line probably is his first indicator, but then agian dyslexia isn't just about spelling, or puncuations ect, its more about comprehension and understanding, thus why I made the comment "sound it out" but thats irrelevant to someone with that condition, as thats primarily a problem - sounding out words, LOL.

Not typing apostrophes for possesive adjectives is actually common typo, and not due to comprehension issues but rather lazyness, I rarely add a apostrophe consciously, therefore sub-consciously I may leave out many apostrophe on posessive words, but not for certain nouns like don't because there is no ambigious word "dont".

(18-05-2012 05:23 PM)sp3lk Wrote:  you people hardly put an intelligent argument together now do you?

No, no we don't. We are dyslexic, it is not our fault.

(18-05-2012 05:23 PM)sp3lk Wrote:  thee differance between the nade booster and the suicide glitch is simple. ea profits from one.

Although they potentially profit from nade boosters compared to suicide glitch, you have to remember it doesn't matter what the problem is, if its not directly affecting server stability/integrity for the masses, its not addressed in a timely manner.

(19-05-2012 05:32 AM)MadHaTT3R Wrote:  I do like the graphic though! Well done, except your ratio is a bit off. If the nade lands right next to you, it can kill you unboosted.

With a person full heatlh 100-110 hp? I don't know its been forever since a non boosted nade has killed me with one shot, actually before using boosted I would try to nade hop with my own nades, could survive around 3 standing right on top of them, don't know the % of self dmg to enemy dmg though, might be skewed or capped at self dmg.
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2012 06:50 AM by Assimus:).)