Hello There, Guest!

15-05-2012, 10:00 PM | Post: #41
Offline mooning_cat 
(15-05-2012 07:34 PM)[BFT]TriviumF22 Wrote:  Actually it was... hence the name Rapid-Aim red dot sights. They already had holosights out for a simple red dot, field of view sight.

It wasnt tho. EAsy just got good marketing stategies.

15-05-2012, 10:19 PM | Post: #42
Offline ShureSh0t 
(15-05-2012 09:46 PM)JonSwift Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 09:25 PM)Seljacina Wrote:  Be happy that Medics can run as fast as other classes IN THE FIRST PLACE, because in a lot of other FPS games any "heavy" class moves slower because of the balance. So, you want to move as fast as the class that carries 5 times lighter weapon and to have ADS same as the light weapon? Where is the balance in that?!

I play as Medic too and you people should be slapped in the face to come into reality and look things more objectively.

QFT

You guys seem to mistake 1 question for another:

1. Should medics have fast ads time like 0.2 seconds?

=>Maybe not, but that's not the point. Remember there are already 4 lmg's that have 0.2 seconds, they have been that way since CB. I never heard anyone complain about it, most people don't even seem to know.

2. Should a sight sold seperately as 'Rapid-aim red dot sight' make the ads time faster or slower?

=> kind of a no-brainer if you ask me, unless you're missing the point.

And about the speed, what about an engineer running around with smg + ammo, pistol + ammo, 5 rpg's, 5 mines, 4 frags, airburst launcher + ammo and a repair tool. How does he not fall over? I'm pretty sure I'd rather carry an lmg and a cardboard flare.

[Image: generationkill.jpg]
15-05-2012, 10:21 PM | Post: #43
Offline shotblasted 
(15-05-2012 09:46 PM)Solid Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 09:38 PM)St0mpy Wrote:  The older LMGs have always had the lower ADS time.

fix´d, all 0.2 ADS Time LMGs are those which got released in CB and a bit after then (QJY88) if i recall it right. I´m not a Gun Nut but i believe that the XM8AR and MG36 might be lighter=>faster than the other LMGs for their more Assault-like built with a smaller mag and faster reload, so they should ADS faster than a MG3, QJY88, M60 or PKM

End CB 31/3
M60 14/04
MG36 17/05
M240B 31/05
QJY88 26/07 (last weapon released with 0.2)

almost 4 months after CB.

im also wondering if the people that made the decisions are no longer employed and a knee jerk reaction will be created by all these new enquirys by Diwan to equalise them to 0.4, if this happens then his meddling will remove one of the last corners of individuality left in our old guns.

eg i hated the pkm for the way the stock obscured the view under the sight, and the recoil was worse than most (still is) but it always had a decent CQ shot strength and great RPM, with new sights, a power mag to bring the shot strength back and its 0.2 ADS it becomes a great weapon for the faster CQ maps like sharqi and basra, maps where the slower LMGs are a curse to use.

Please lets not end up with one boring level for all LMGs just because one stupid new sight isnt hi tech enough to know the difference.

blah blah blah
15-05-2012, 10:24 PM | Post: #44
Offline mooning_cat 
(15-05-2012 10:19 PM)ShureSh0t Wrote:  You guys seem to mistake 1 question for another:

1. Should medics have fast ads time like 0.2 seconds?

=>Maybe not, but that's not the point. Remember there are already 4 lmg's that have 0.2 seconds, they have been that way since CB. I never heard anyone complain about it, most people don't even seem to know.

2. Should a sight sold seperately as 'Rapid-aim red dot sight' make the ads time faster or slower?

=> kind of a no-brainer if you ask me, unless you're missing the point.

Well, lmgs should have a ads time of like 0.5 to 1.0 seconds in my opinion. They are not meant to be used aggessive and I'd love to see more medics that fit in their role as a support.

And sorry for that one, but if you still belive what EA tells you in their missleading game client, you deserve to waste all of your funds on the wrong stuff.

15-05-2012, 10:25 PM | Post: #45
Offline Chang 
(15-05-2012 10:21 PM)shotblasted Wrote:  im also wondering if the people that made the decisions are no longer employed and a knee jerk reaction will be created by all these new enquirys by Diwan to equalise them to 0.4, if this happens then his meddling will remove one of the last corners of individuality left in our old guns.

I recommend sending a PM to Diwan outlining your concerns. He's very receptive to feedback, and tends to send a lot of out suggestions upstairs to the producer. It sounds like you've got a useful perspective on this subject, make sure that it's taken note of.

[Image: c64_burger_zps03fcba5b.png]
15-05-2012, 10:28 PM | Post: #46
Offline UreAllAwesome
I agree with this. It's called "RAPID-AIM" for some reason... In one hand, I agree 0.2 is way too fast for an OP LMG (like the MG36), but in the other hand, it should have been only 0.3 instead of 0.36... that would be perfect imo.

(15-05-2012 07:38 PM)Chang Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 07:38 PM)[BFT]TriviumF22 Wrote:  the whole point of the RAPID AIM sight was that it allows you to RAPIDLY AIM DOWN SIGHTS!!! The medic class is at a huge disadvantage in ADS.

You're expecting your 20+ lb machine gun to handle as quickly as an assault rifle? I'm afraid it doesn't work like that, pal.

All the other games I've seen (including ALL the BF and MoH series) don't give a awesome about that.
15-05-2012, 10:30 PM | Post: #47
Offline ShureSh0t 
(15-05-2012 10:24 PM)mooning_cat Wrote:  And sorry for that one, but if you still belive what EA tells you in their missleading game client, you deserve to waste all of your funds on the wrong stuff. [/color]

I got the info from the comparison tool, which uses the game files. Are you suggesting next time I should consult a fortune teller?

(This post was last modified: 15-05-2012 10:30 PM by ShureSh0t.)
15-05-2012, 10:35 PM | Post: #48
Offline mooning_cat 
(15-05-2012 10:30 PM)ShureSh0t Wrote:  I got the info from the comparison tool, which uses the game files. Are you suggesting next time I should consult a fortune teller?

What what what?!!§$* Just saying that the way EA names her! products and their weapon desctiptions are kinda inaccurate or wrong. Im using the comparision tool too Sleepy

15-05-2012, 10:37 PM | Post: #49
Offline ShureSh0t 
(15-05-2012 07:38 PM)Chang Wrote:  You're expecting your 20+ lb machine gun to handle as quickly as an assault rifle? I'm afraid it doesn't work like that, pal.

Chang, are you drunk again?

When the rds increased the ads time on your smg from 0.05 to 0.2 seconds, you wrote about that on the forum and you hoped this would get fixed. And I agree.

When the rds increases the ads time on my lmg from 0.20 to 0.36, I write about it on the forum and hope it gets fixed, but you disagree.

Now tell me, what's the difference?? How can you not see that this is the same mistake on a different rifle, and should get the same treatment?

15-05-2012, 10:41 PM | Post: #50
Offline mono 
Honestly, I never understood why the stats showed that some of the larger, heavier LMGs had a faster ADS time than the lighter assault rifle conversions.

More honestly, the delay between 0.2 seconds and 0.4 seconds makes virtually no difference to me on the battlefield, so I don't give a crap which value they use.

[Image: monosignam2.png]
15-05-2012, 10:41 PM | Post: #51
Offline UreAllAwesome
(15-05-2012 09:10 PM)Diwan Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 08:43 PM)KillBilly Wrote:  Y U no understand?

There's 9 lmg's, 4 have 0.2 seconds and 5 have 0.4

Hmm...wonder if that is a bug as well. I have to talk to the designer first thing tomorrow to make sure. In reality they all should be the same at 0.4 ADS for Ironsight. Not sure if there was any specific design call on those 4 weapons. But I will let you know as soon as I get the info. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Cheers!

I can't believe u srsly didn't know about the LMG's with 0.2 ADS... they are meant to be like this, to be more versatile! But anyways, get your fat ass to the work and re-align the RDS and the PSO and bring the PSO to the other classes! Tongue (Diwan told me in a PM they're thinking in bringing the PSO to the other classes too, but it depends on the success it has between recons... like I said Diwan, it would be a smart decision if it came to the other classes! Wink)
(This post was last modified: 15-05-2012 10:42 PM by UreAllAwesome.)
15-05-2012, 10:49 PM | Post: #52
Offline Chang 
(15-05-2012 10:37 PM)ShureSh0t Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 07:38 PM)Chang Wrote:  You're expecting your 20+ lb machine gun to handle as quickly as an assault rifle? I'm afraid it doesn't work like that, pal.

Chang, are you drunk again?

When the rds increased the ads time on your smg from 0.05 to 0.2 seconds, you wrote about that on the forum and you hoped this would get fixed. And I agree.

When the rds increases the ads time on my lmg from 0.20 to 0.36, I write about it on the forum and hope it gets fixed, but you disagree.

Now tell me, what's the difference?? How can you not see that this is the same mistake on a different rifle, and should get the same treatment?

You read my post, but don't understand my reasoning?

SMG - light
LMG - heavy

As I explained earlier, I hoped that the ADS would be fixed for SMGs because they're meant to be fast - 0.2 seconds is four times as slow as 0.05. As it stand now, the already fast 0.05 base ADS has been decreased further by 0.005 seconds - a tiny, tiny sliver of time, which makes no real difference.

It's back how it should be, though. A sight shouldn't alter a weapon's draw time very much, if at all. You shouldn't expect a reflex sight to make your LMG lighter and easier to handle, that's absurd. You've got slightly unrealistic expectations.

I'm sorry you're not happy about the bug fix, but ¯\(°_0)/¯. Such is life. Decreasing your draw time from 0.4 to 0.36 is perfectly reasonable.

15-05-2012, 11:03 PM | Post: #53
Offline ShureSh0t 
(15-05-2012 10:49 PM)Chang Wrote:  You read my post, but don't understand my reasoning?

Chang please, this is not about how fast all lmg's should be, nor is it about the weight of a certain gun.

There are 4 lmg's that have, and have always had, 0.2 seconds ads time. If you don't like that fact, make a suggestion to change it.

The sight should not make the 0.4 lmg's into 0.2 lmg's. I never said that, and I don't need that.

What I do need is my lmg's that have 0.2 ads time (half of my inventory) to keep that fast time with a 'rapid-aim' sight. I'm not even asking for faster ads time, just the same as ironsights.

I'm not asking for the world here.

(This post was last modified: 15-05-2012 11:06 PM by ShureSh0t.)
15-05-2012, 11:10 PM | Post: #54
Offline Chang 
FFS...Why is everyone see keen on arguing today? I'm not looking to piss on your 0.2 parade, just reiterating that the reflex sight was bugged. That's all.

The differing default ADS times for LMGs is a separate issue, although it still pertains to this one. I'll repost what I said to shotblasted on the matter.

(15-05-2012 10:25 PM)Chang Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 10:21 PM)shotblasted Wrote:  im also wondering if the people that made the decisions are no longer employed and a knee jerk reaction will be created by all these new enquirys by Diwan to equalise them to 0.4, if this happens then his meddling will remove one of the last corners of individuality left in our old guns.

I recommend sending a PM to Diwan outlining your concerns. He's very receptive to feedback, and tends to send a lot of out suggestions upstairs to the producer. It sounds like you've got a useful perspective on this subject, make sure that it's taken note of.

I still maintain that a machine gun shouldn't draw as quickly as a rifle, but I don't give enough of a sh*t to argue about it with anyone. We're talking fractions of a second here.

If you don't want them to set them all at 0.4 seconds, PM Diwan about it.

15-05-2012, 11:15 PM | Post: #55
Offline ShureSh0t 
(15-05-2012 11:10 PM)Chang Wrote:  FFS...Why is everyone see keen on arguing today? I'm not looking to piss on your 0.2 parade, just reiterating that the reflex sight was bugged. That's all.

FFS why do YOU keep on arguing in this thread? This is about the bug fix, and how it is not a good fix for all rifles.

If you still believe that all lmg's should have 0.4 ads time, make a suggestion about it in the appropriate section instead of arguing about it in this topic that is about the flaws of the recent bug fix.

And since Diwan read this topic, I don't see the need to send the man with pm's when he's leaving on holiday. Or maybe I'll bribe him to increase the ads time on your xm8c to 0.5 seconds Tongue

(This post was last modified: 15-05-2012 11:17 PM by ShureSh0t.)
15-05-2012, 11:15 PM | Post: #56
Offline Razorasadsid 
I honestly don't care because you will all end up dead at the end.
Weather it take me 0.2 or 0.4 or 999999999 seconds to ADS, ill just get used to it and kick ass.

15-05-2012, 11:33 PM | Post: #57
Offline Chang 
(15-05-2012 11:15 PM)ShureSh0t Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 11:10 PM)Chang Wrote:  FFS...Why is everyone see keen on arguing today? I'm not looking to piss on your 0.2 parade, just reiterating that the reflex sight was bugged. That's all.

FFS why do YOU keep on arguing in this thread? This is about the bug fix, and how it is not a good fix for all rifles.

If you still believe that all lmg's should have 0.4 ads time, make a suggestion about it in the appropriate section instead of arguing about it in this topic that is about the flaws of the recent bug fix.

And since Diwan read this topic, I don't see the need to send the man with pm's when he's leaving on holiday. Or maybe I'll bribe him to increase the ads time on your xm8c to 0.5 seconds Tongue

• I don't have a strong enough opinion on friggin' ADS times on weapons to warrant starting a suggestion thread about it. If you feel strongly that some LMGs should be 0.2 and some 0.4, then good for you. Given the relative values concerned, I don't care either way.
  • I'm not arguing, for the third time. I originally posted on this thread because the OP was spouting off about being screwed over by Easy, and I felt I should explain to him why this wasn't the case, as the stats he had come to accept were confirmed as bugged on the day they were implemented. Again, I don't care that much about fractions of a second.
  • I'm aware that Diwan is off on his holidays, but I imagine he won't drop his bags and cancel the taxi to the airport should you decide to send him a PM. He'll answer it when he gets back.

Honestly, this is getting silly now. You obviously feel strongly about this, but don't make me out to be argumentative for the sake of it. Bigger fish to fry.

(This post was last modified: 15-05-2012 11:37 PM by Chang.)
16-05-2012, 12:18 AM | Post: #58
Offline JonSwift
(15-05-2012 10:19 PM)ShureSh0t Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 09:46 PM)JonSwift Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 09:25 PM)Seljacina Wrote:  Be happy that Medics can run as fast as other classes IN THE FIRST PLACE, because in a lot of other FPS games any "heavy" class moves slower because of the balance. So, you want to move as fast as the class that carries 5 times lighter weapon and to have ADS same as the light weapon? Where is the balance in that?!

I play as Medic too and you people should be slapped in the face to come into reality and look things more objectively.

QFT

And about the speed, what about an engineer running around with smg + ammo, pistol + ammo, 5 rpg's, 5 mines, 4 frags, airburst launcher + ammo and a repair tool. How does he not fall over? I'm pretty sure I'd rather carry an lmg and a cardboard flare.

This is not about how fast or slow a class runs but about how quickly someone can look to their iron/holo/RA sight.

I can still aim in quicker with an SMG faster than a LMG even if I have 80lbs of gear on me. Running on the other hand, you have a point.

Ironically they had this balanced in BF2. Engineer and AT were two different classes. Engineers who carried a shotgun, AT mines, and a wrench could run faster for a longer amount of time than a AT class which had an SMG or small assault rifle and AT rockets. Blah blah blah...
16-05-2012, 01:04 AM | Post: #59
Offline Chang 
(16-05-2012 12:18 AM)JonSwift Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 10:19 PM)ShureSh0t Wrote:  And about the speed, what about an engineer running around with smg + ammo, pistol + ammo, 5 rpg's, 5 mines, 4 frags, airburst launcher + ammo and a repair tool. How does he not fall over? I'm pretty sure I'd rather carry an lmg and a cardboard flare.

I can still aim in quicker with an SMG faster than a LMG even if I have 80lbs of gear on me. Running on the other hand, you have a point.

I'm reminded of my old signature :

[Image: awsnap_fin.png]

Cool

16-05-2012, 01:25 AM | Post: #60
Offline 303ConArtist 
(15-05-2012 11:15 PM)Razorasadsid Wrote:  I honestly don't care because you will all end up dead at the end.
Weather it take me 0.2 or 0.4 or 999999999 seconds to ADS, ill just get used to it and kick backside.

At last, someone who can get over something so trivial.

This is the attitude you need, just like those who got their weapons nerfed but still managed to change their playstyle to get the best out of their weapons, instead of crying and leaving.

I have never even considered how much delay does the holo on my MG36, the holo is enough to improve my aim and I use it no matter the map and the distance to the enemy.