Hello There, Guest!

14-05-2012, 11:33 AM | Post: #21
Offline Stelle 
Well if crybabies keep complaining these semi-auto or fully auto rifles are OP; they're never going to buff it. That's why it got nerfed to hell because crybabies crying it's OP.

14-05-2012, 01:18 PM | Post: #22
Offline Axias. 
Yeah, I own almost all of em too.
And they are all pretty broke.

Yes: vintorez ftw- modded out it's quite decent after you learn to adjust for its recoil. But otherwise the other sniper rifles are junk comparatively - The 'typewriter' weapons (right recoil ridiculousness) especially needs fixing.

SVU fired normally before dec. 20 btw. Basically another: Oh you bought a nice weapon: YOINK! Here, we FIXED that for ya. (NOW IT SUX).

DEVS HAVE said they would be giving thse things some love. Not sure if thunderbolt and such are their answer, guess we'll c.

Rather important fix imo: Snipers are seriously weakened at medium ranges lately with the Shotty and pistol nerfs. A semi auto would fill the gap. (SR LongR, AR MedR, Pistol ShortR). Presently I go SR Long and shotty short. Makes my pistol a bit redundant tho.

/We do have the best weapon in the game tho (96ftw)

MIAclan.net - always looking for mature players.
My youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axias2011?feature=mhee
14-05-2012, 01:36 PM | Post: #23
Offline Solid 
(14-05-2012 09:37 AM)RipCom Wrote:  VSS and SVD dragunov in good hands can be very very deadly combo...

somebody got my secret Exclamation

btw, SVU with Reddot hasn´t got a ridiculous recoil, it´s mostly due to the scope

oh and before i forget it, i use the VSS with RedDot, Viper Mags, a Precision Barrel and a Stabilized Stock (for now) while the SVD got the very same attachments except the Sight (Vulcan) and a Tactical Stock

*runs*

[Image: b6975638bd.png]
14-05-2012, 02:06 PM | Post: #24
Offline ]IBERWOLF[ 
I have to break a lance in favor (I think that I have not translated well I am Spanish and do not know if this expression is correct) of semi and automatic rifles, automatic rifles are very good at short and medium distances and semiautomatic are quite versatile in good hands in this game there is no bad guns only wrong ways to use , do not put a red dot M95 sihgt in these wasting their potential, just not using the SVU-A for countersniping

[Image: thump_7593685fondo-fenix-ikki.jpg]

"Fortis cadere, cedere non potest"
14-05-2012, 02:55 PM | Post: #25
Offline Yastiandrie 
(14-05-2012 07:19 AM)CruelHand Wrote:  I don't care if this has been posted enough already. I want to say - as a player of 6 months, that it is pathetic on Easy's behalf how freaking horrible the Semi and fully automatic sniper rifles are. I own every single one, and can confidently say that NONE of them even compare to the weakest assault rifles, sub machine guns, and machine guns. Why do they even exist when you get out-gunned 9 times out of 10 - at close/medium range by every other class/gun. And at long range, a sniper with the free SV-98 can easily kill you faster with a headshot.

I can still go positive with these guns, but playing offensively I can do better quick-scoping with the m24 then I can with the M110/EBR or VSS/SVD. I would be happy if they just removed all of these worthless guns and made one semi-decent one. Or just buff ONE or a couple of them a little bit. What a total waste of money. I will never be purchasing any more funds from this greedy company.

I've seen you on the aussie servers so i have some tips
1. Talk to Rambo-Damme (Pretty sure thats how you spell it) about the m110. Guy is hard to beat with it
2. VSS + RDS + Viper Mags + Stabilized + Precision Barrel = Almost Godlike. Thats what I use as my secondary.
3. I know there's a fella that i've seen on Whosyadaddy who uses the SVD quite proficiently but I cant remember his name at the moment
4. I've played a few rounds with the m14 and I don't see a problem with it..Used to be a heck of a lot worse

IMO its not the guns that are terrible, It's the players that use them. Every gun in the game is very capable in the right hands. Heck i've seen some players with the default weapons for all classes that perform exceptionally well. Then again I see nade booster players all the time with negative KDR's Rolleyes

(This post was last modified: 14-05-2012 02:56 PM by Yastiandrie.)
14-05-2012, 03:13 PM | Post: #26
Offline mooning_cat 
(14-05-2012 01:36 PM)Solid Wrote:  *runs*

*catching Solid*

You need more color, otherwise the speed wont fall of a tree!

14-05-2012, 04:12 PM | Post: #27
Offline [ANC]RicocheT-M 
you are with a equivocation, you want beat a bolt action at long range with a fast rate of fire, no way man

[Image: a854cc70dca04fe59e069e831bd1a8c63bf8ef38.png]
16-05-2012, 11:29 AM | Post: #28
Offline CruelHand 
Thanks for all the feedback. However, I have used nearly every combination possible with the VSS and M110, and I've definitely had the most success with the VSS. Yet I go on my Engineer class and play exactly the same way, and I will double/triple my kills with an SMG. They just have so much less recoil, higher accuracy, and nearly the same ROF and damage. I mean, you go against anyone using an MP5, using your VSS with Viper mags, pred barrel, ect. You don't stand a chance at all unless you get the jump on them.

I'm not saying you can't get awesome games with these weapons, however it is insanely easier with other classes/other automatic weapons.
16-05-2012, 11:36 AM | Post: #29
Offline CruelHand 
I've seen you on the aussie servers so i have some tips
1. Talk to Rambo-Damme (Pretty sure thats how you spell it) about the m110. Guy is hard to beat with it
2. VSS + RDS + Viper Mags + Stabilized + Precision Barrel = Almost Godlike. Thats what I use as my secondary.
3. I know there's a fella that i've seen on Whosyadaddy who uses the SVD quite proficiently but I cant remember his name at the moment
4. I've played a few rounds with the m14 and I don't see a problem with it..Used to be a heck of a lot worse

IMO its not the guns that are terrible, It's the players that use them. Every gun in the game is very capable in the right hands. Heck i've seen some players with the default weapons for all classes that perform exceptionally well. Then again I see nade booster players all the time with negative KDR's Rolleyes

[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I do have good games with these guns, but it's only due to tactics alone. And I'm sure it's the same deal with those guys you mentioned. They are totally out-classed by so many other automatic weapons.
16-05-2012, 11:53 AM | Post: #30
Offline xDarrylx 
VSS+Stab+PSO+Viper+Precision=bai snipers and bai assaults.
its pretty much pre-nerf where it was OP as hell

[Image: UoaQT.png]
16-05-2012, 12:09 PM | Post: #31
Offline BuckTester 
(16-05-2012 11:29 AM)CruelHand Wrote:  Thanks for all the feedback. However, I have used nearly every combination possible with the VSS and M110, and I've definitely had the most success with the VSS. Yet I go on my Engineer class and play exactly the same way, and I will double/triple my kills with an SMG. They just have so much less recoil, higher accuracy, and nearly the same ROF and damage. I mean, you go against anyone using an MP5, using your VSS with Viper mags, pred barrel, ect. You don't stand a chance at all unless you get the jump on them.

I'm not saying you can't get awesome games with these weapons, however it is insanely easier with other classes/other automatic weapons.
The problem is that you can't play the same way with a VSS as you do with an MP5. There's a huge difference between those two play-styles in my opinion.

A Recon has the advantage of actually knowing where the enemies are whereas the Engineer has to rely on spotting the guys and shooting them before they spot him. A good Recon should always get the jump on his enemies. You choose the distance at which you fight as a Recon. The Engineer fights at the distance he happens to run into an enemy.

The perfect distance for the VSS with the right attachments (in my case Close-in barrel, CQC-ammo and a Stabilized stock) is 20-50m. Anything less than that and you will loose against most Engineers and Assaults and in my experience 50/50 against Medics if they're good.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
16-05-2012, 12:29 PM | Post: #32
Offline tnoltil 
oh...poor poor sniper.
16-05-2012, 12:31 PM | Post: #33
Offline JonSwift
Wait... why do "Snipers" have automatic rifles to begin with?
16-05-2012, 12:37 PM | Post: #34
Offline Nirvash 
Because they're recons and not snipers.

16-05-2012, 12:49 PM | Post: #35
Offline JonSwift
(16-05-2012 12:37 PM)Nirvash Wrote:  Because they're recons and not snipers.

From the description of Recon for P4F:

Its role is to engage enemy infantry at long range and support their team by spotting enemies and throwing motion sensors. It is equipped with a sniper rifle and several gadgets obtainable via Training customization.

...Meh, if they wanna assault flags that's fine. But start giving Assault classes long range AR's so they can start sniping, and give Engi's assault rifles so they can "Assault", and while we're at it give Medics some explosives, you know they need it...Tongue
04-06-2012, 08:53 AM | Post: #36
Offline Yososutupid 
(14-05-2012 07:59 AM)BuckRaven Wrote:  VSS does NOT suck! Dodgy

I'm sorry, but you guys just don't know how to use it properly.

It's a great weapon for a rushing recon. Add the Stabilized stock and the recoil isn't much of an issue anymore. Add a Close-in barrel and CQC-amo on top of that and it's a beast.

Here's a round I did just the other day:
[Image: BFP4f%25202012-04-02%252009-34-57-77.jpg]

And here's my skill setup for that recon:
[Image: BFP4f%25202012-04-02%252009-50-17-19.jpg]

Yes, I do have claymores and I do use booster but that only counts for maybe 10% of that score. I tend to rush a lot and with the attachments I recommended above, it's a great weapon.

yes, and i use the svu just as well as you do with a holosight, viper mags, and predator barrels. However i rarely use boosters and put all my TPs into the skill department. good job buckraven, hope we duel eachother sometime soon.

Attached File(s)
.png  yosostupid.png (Size: 75.24 KB / Downloads: 9)

[Image: 543208_240665349381639_1136499087_n.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 08:55 AM by Yososutupid.)
04-06-2012, 09:45 AM | Post: #37
Offline Seljacina 
(14-05-2012 01:36 PM)Solid Wrote:  oh and before i forget it, i use the VSS with RedDot, Viper Mags, a Precision Barrel and a Stabilized Stock (for now) while the SVD got the very same attachments except the Sight (Vulcan) and a Tactical Stock

*runs*

You are talking about attachments, not about weapons. I mean, putting all the best and the most expensive attachments can make any weapon to be good. That's not an argument if weapon is good or not.
Even Trabant can be awesome with Ferrari engine.

[Image: uberseljacina.jpg]
04-06-2012, 10:13 AM | Post: #38
Offline [OG]Darkness 
use m24 and make closerange headshots...

Join the Old Guys (18+)

[Image: darkog.png]

"I am not human. I have no heart."