Hello There, Guest!

09-05-2012, 06:47 PM | Post: #1
Offline BuckTester 
I've been looking around trying to find the Play4Free maps in high resolution without any additional information on them, i.e. no players, all flags neutral, nothing except the basic layout of the map. I can't seem to find any decent images like that. Is it possible to extract them from the actual game-files in some way or could someone point me to a website where I could find them?

EDIT: After some work I've made these:

Basra:
An American plane has crashed in the outskirts of Basra. American and Russian infantry troops are sent to the crash site to secure and retrieve vital information.
[Image: Clean-Basra-Map.jpg]

Karkand:
Using light and heavy armor units the Marine and Russian forces hope to get a foothold in the valuable industrial city of Karkand.
[Image: Clean-Karkand-Map.jpg]

(Yes, that darker part on the left side is actually there in-game)

Oman:
Seeking to take control of the valuable Oman oil reserves the Marine Forces must maintain air superiority over the Russian forces to seize this valuable land.
[Image: Clean-Oman-Map.jpg]

Dragon Valley:
American military forces are converging on this idyllic valley, to secure a foothold in the Minshan mountain range.
[Image: Clean-Dragon-Valley-Map.jpg]

Sharqi:
Both sides have sent their elite urban forces to fight building to building to take control of these close quarters. The war has turned personal in the streets of Sharqi.
[Image: Clean-Sharqi-Map.jpg]

Dalian Plant:
US Rapid Deployment forces are advancing to capture the Dalian nuclear facility and force disruptions to the electrical grid in northern China.
[Image: Clean-Dalian-Plant-Map.jpg]

Mashtuur:
After the initial clash, American and Russian forces are at a strategic stalemate with each holding down one side of the river. With heavy losses on both sides the conflict is being fought street to street as each side seeks to drive the other out.
[Image: Clean-Mashtuur-Map.jpg]

Myanmar:
In an effort to reinforce its Atlantic fleet in the Persian gulf, the Russian army has launched a major offensive to take out the American airbases protecting the South China Sea. With the American installations destroyed, the Russian pacific fleet would be able to move through the Malacca strait, and engage the depleted American fleet holding the Persian gulf.

Russian ground forces are now moving stealthily through the jungles of south east Asia along the historic hidden trails aiming to destroy the crucial air assets in the region. Intercepted communications have allowed American marines in the region to be rapidly deployed in an effort to halt this Russian offensive, protect the crucial airbases in the region, and stop the Russian navy from gaining control of the Indian ocean and, ultimately, the Persian gulf.
[Image: cbBTACs5SVcRTpYCSD13S0tFOHzUNLQIQQMwfMbuJWY=s640-no]

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 01:12 AM by BuckTester.)
09-05-2012, 06:56 PM | Post: #2
Offline Ninja-Penguin. 
There are only 2 workarounds right now that I know of.

Either work with the old BF2 maps or screenshot the map on an empty server.

Apart from that, I don't really know. I've tried looking for the ones in the loading screens (in the game files) but no joy Sad

09-05-2012, 07:06 PM | Post: #3
Offline BuckTester 
Yeah, I thought as much..

Working on getting clean screenshots right now..

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 10:04 PM by BuckTester.)
09-05-2012, 10:04 PM | Post: #4
Offline BuckTester 
Updated the first post with all maps!

09-05-2012, 10:13 PM | Post: #5
Offline roennel 
nice! i'll need them soon too...

The one's from the loading screens are in game files, but so edited that they're nearly unusable, i think...i'll check again

09-05-2012, 10:19 PM | Post: #6
Offline BuckTester 
I've got screenshots of all of the loading screens, I could post them up as well.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 10:23 PM by BuckTester.)
10-05-2012, 05:41 AM | Post: #7
Offline ay.j.eng 
Nice! Maybe add the description/intro text from each map too?

(09-05-2012 06:47 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  I've been looking around trying to find the Play4Free maps in high resolution without any additional information on them, i.e. no players, all flags neutral, nothing except the basic layout of the map. I can't seem to find any decent images like that. Is it possible to extract them from the actual game-files in some way or could someone point me to a website where I could find them?

The map images are scattered all over the game files.. some of the are used by the game, others are probably from bf2 files. You can find the relevant ones in main\Levels\MAP\client.zip:
  • groundhemi.dds
  • HUD\Minimap\ingameMap.dds

There are also some in StaticObjects_client.zip\levels\MAP\*.dds. They probably don't get used by the game but they're very detailed and nice looking Smile.

The loading backgrounds can be found in Menu_client.zip\ui\*.dds.

(just google for a simple dds viewer to open them)

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 05:42 AM by ay.j.eng.)
10-05-2012, 10:57 AM | Post: #8
Offline BuckTester 
Well, the problem with those files are that they are not anywhere close to looking the way the map actually looks in-game. Thanks anyway though.

10-05-2012, 11:04 AM | Post: #9
Offline ay.j.eng 
(10-05-2012 10:57 AM)BuckRaven Wrote:  Well, the problem with those files are that they are not anywhere close to looking the way the map actually looks in-game. Thanks anyway though.

Yeah, the lightning and icons get overlayed/applied later in-game. But I believe those minimaps are same as the ones used by the game (you might have to zoom in to see the relevant area).

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 11:04 AM by ay.j.eng.)
10-05-2012, 11:16 AM | Post: #10
Offline HomeSen 
Awesome work. Thus...

/Sticky tape apllied Wink

[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

10-05-2012, 11:18 AM | Post: #11
Offline AMMO 
Nice!

[Image: ammo.png]
2010 - 2013
10-05-2012, 03:39 PM | Post: #12
Offline BuckTester 
Thanks, I thought it might be of use.. Wink

21-05-2012, 08:49 PM | Post: #13
Offline Baker_Lv 
Dammmmnnn..

[Image: 3DO_Lv.png]

Official Hardcored Gaming member.
22-05-2012, 09:54 PM | Post: #14
Offline Yug0sRouge 
Nice, but this one is much better for Karkand! MY COSTUME MAP OF KARKAND Smile

[Image: P4F_AK-47_stat.png]
26-05-2012, 03:06 AM | Post: #15
Offline 303ConArtist 
Only Basra can be high resolution in my opinion, since they created from scratch, the others are cropped zoomed screenshots of the BF2 maps.

The title looked promising but it's still the same I have for my guide... *sigh*

29-05-2012, 02:02 AM | Post: #16
Offline Dipyrone 
nice job, fantastic !

Return to original Battlefield spirit of fight.
30-05-2012, 04:42 PM | Post: #17
Offline Deputy 
Oman

[Image: 406px-GulfofOmanMinimap.png]

Myanmar

[Image: 406px-IngameMap_Myanmar_P4F.png]

(This post was last modified: 30-05-2012 05:03 PM by Deputy.)
30-05-2012, 04:50 PM | Post: #18
Offline Ninja-Penguin. 
you'll have your work cut out doing Myanmar, but its going well BuckRaven! Keep up the good work. Big Grin

09-06-2012, 12:40 PM | Post: #19
Offline 22_Visfriend_22 
NICE THNX

20-06-2012, 08:26 AM | Post: #20
Offline RoadRunner. 
Can a ingame post from Myanmar with flags and OOB borders be added as well?

I have quit P4F and moved on to other shooters.
This signature was a work in progress. This has been collected over a period of 5 days.

[Image: MkLzN0e.png]