Hello There, Guest!

06-05-2012, 08:46 PM | Post: #21
Offline Strac.CRO 
(06-05-2012 02:14 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  First of all changing all stats of all weapons in the game would require a huge amount of playtesting and balancing/re-balancing. Removing +3 weapons wouldn't cause any balance issues what so ever.

what "huge amount of playtesting and balancing/re-balancing",
"+3" stats are already in game, it just adds +3+3+3 damage and slightly more ammo which make weapons feel at least slightly decent and not coma nerfed.

(06-05-2012 02:14 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  Second, buffing all weapons would require balancing/re-balancing of all attachments.

again:
"+3" stats are already in game, it just adds +3+3+3 damage and slightly more ammo which make weapons feel at least slightly decent and not coma nerfed.

all they need to do is reduce ammo "increase" in extended and casket mags based on default increase made by buffing weapons to "+3" stats (in ARs and SMGs, LMGs could keep more ammo per mag).

[Image: journeyv.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 08:48 PM by Strac.CRO.)
06-05-2012, 09:22 PM | Post: #22
Offline BuckTester 
(06-05-2012 08:46 PM)Str1000ac Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 02:14 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  First of all changing all stats of all weapons in the game would require a huge amount of playtesting and balancing/re-balancing. Removing +3 weapons wouldn't cause any balance issues what so ever.

what "huge amount of playtesting and balancing/re-balancing",

(06-05-2012 02:14 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  Second, buffing all weapons would require balancing/re-balancing of all attachments.

again:

all they need to do is reduce ammo "increase" in extended and casket mags based on default increase made by buffing weapons to "+3" stats (in ARs and SMGs, LMGs could keep more ammo per mag).

Did you not even read what I wrote earlier?

Yes, the +3 versions are already in the game but some of the weapons are capable of getting ridiculous stats (sniper rifle with 1-shot kill on a body-shot for example). So such a buff would require a re-balance of all weapons and attachments to prevent such silly situations.

No, +3 weapons need to be removed.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
06-05-2012, 09:33 PM | Post: #23
Offline Strac.CRO 
(Again you with your love for toy weapons) all weapons need at least a "+3" buff, some attachments need a nerf.

The way it is now we have the same balance like in non-boosted vs boosted grenade (or claymore).
= Toy vs tactical nuke.0

edit:
M95 with 1-shot kill on a body-shot with CQC isn't such a big problem as "boosters" (kevlar and dual weapon =one man army), sat scan, shotguns and grenades to every class, toughness, etc.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 09:45 PM by Strac.CRO.)
06-05-2012, 09:34 PM | Post: #24
Offline [==C]Elefant 
BuckRaven is right. Removing those +3 version would be easier and also better instead of readjusting attachments and weapons. Imagine how many bugs that would/could cause.
This game already has some very annoying bugs and I really don´t want my weapons to be bugged as well just like the russian attack helicopter.

I know that EAsy tried to compensate us with the +3 addition and at the same time wanted to keep it balanced with the new customization system in place but there are other options to compensate us. Options that are fair for all.

Like I´ve suggested in many threads one way would be to give us maybe totally new skins which would be exclusive just like the closed beta aparel. I don´t need a weapon with exclusive damage and ammo count.

What they shouldn´t do though is add some special name to our weapons which would also show up in the kill feed although our new weapons wouldn´t be any different from what people can purchase nowadays.

It would be a nice gesture of EAsy to give us something that makes us stand out without giving us an unfair advantage performance-wise.
People who´ve ordered BF3 pre-release got the BF3 870 Combat edition and those who´ve spent 20 Dollars or something in a period of time during the closed beta got the Only The Few M9.
06-05-2012, 09:45 PM | Post: #25
Offline [1STA]Mihir 
Yea that's true! They should return old legacy weapons to us and give our +3 weapons to players that bought weapons after 20th december! That should be fair! And everyone would be satesfied!
06-05-2012, 09:51 PM | Post: #26
Offline Strac.CRO 
@ Pannenfahrer ... more time and/or bugs are not valid excuses (for EASY).

Difference between basic and attacment buffed weapons must not be too big.
The question is how should basic weapons be like. Right now most of them are toys deliberately comma nefed to FORCE people to buy attachments.

06-05-2012, 10:49 PM | Post: #27
Offline BuckTester 
(06-05-2012 09:51 PM)Str1000ac Wrote:  @ Pannenfahrer ... more time and/or bugs are not valid excuses (for EASY).

The question is how should basic weapons be like. Right now most of them are toys deliberately comma nefed to FORCE people to buy attachments.

That has very little to do with the basic weapons vs +3 weapons. The fact that 1-shot M95 isn't a very common problem is because it's not as readily available.

No, the basic weapons are perfectly balanced damage-wise in general (there are of course some exceptions).

If you don't like it, stop playing, oh right, I forgot, you already have. So why are you still here? Have nothing else to whine about?

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
07-05-2012, 02:52 PM | Post: #28
Offline [==C]Elefant 
(06-05-2012 10:49 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 09:51 PM)Str1000ac Wrote:  @ Pannenfahrer ... more time and/or bugs are not valid excuses (for EASY).

That has very little to do with the basic weapons vs +3 weapons. The fact that 1-shot M95 isn't a very common problem is because it's not as readily available.

No, the basic weapons are perfectly balanced damage-wise in general (there are of course some exceptions).

If you don't like it, stop playing, oh right, I forgot, you already have. So why are you still here? Have nothing else to whine about?

I can´t speak for him but I guess that he wants to come back but not with the current system in place. Am I right Str1000ac?
07-05-2012, 03:18 PM | Post: #29
Offline Strac.CRO 
(07-05-2012 02:52 PM)Pannenfahrer Wrote:  .....
I can´t speak for him but I guess that he wants to come back but not with the current system in place. Am I right Str1000ac?

More or less, yes.
Now don't know should I put attachment on "+3" weapon because that makes me OP, or play with basic non+3 weapons without any attachments which are UP.
Should I use grenade and claymore boosters or not?

Nerf of some weapons were needed (more recoil and inaccuracy) but I liked the game more before kevlar and dual weapon booster, T3 and boosters etc.

07-05-2012, 03:49 PM | Post: #30
Offline wodzumc 
(06-05-2012 09:45 PM)Mr94AleqSRB-M Wrote:  Yea that's true! They should return old legacy weapons to us and give our +3 weapons to players that bought weapons after 20th december! That should be fair! And everyone would be satesfied!
Maybe, but without Legacy stock attachments which was ridiculous (almost no recoil).

07-05-2012, 04:30 PM | Post: #31
Offline [ANC]_INk-Z 
We paid for elite legacy attaches, and we deserve this be OP, and at last, elite legacy don't kill an entire army like Grenade booster and airburst booster DO!

[Image: a854cc70dca04fe59e069e831bd1a8c63bf8ef38.png]
07-05-2012, 04:54 PM | Post: #32
Online -=OG=-SkinnyG 
(06-05-2012 09:22 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  No, +3 weapons need to be removed.

Not wanting to start the "feel" issue again, and agreeing with you that the overall game balance is better without the legacy weapons (without the nade boosters and air-burst that is):

A removal should not be without a price this time.
I should be able to buy something else back for a removed weapon (or trade for another weapon of choice), to get a weapon back that "feels" the same (ADS peripheral view etcetera).

EDIT: Oh, and an "excuse us for messing up the first time" would be nice (that would do it for me since it is all a matter of principle to me)

[Image: jcAwqy0.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 04:56 PM by -=OG=-SkinnyG.)
08-05-2012, 04:49 PM | Post: #33
Offline [==C]Elefant 
(07-05-2012 03:18 PM)Str1000ac Wrote:  
(07-05-2012 02:52 PM)Pannenfahrer Wrote:  .....

More or less, yes.
Now don't know should I put attachment on "+3" weapon because that makes me OP, or play with basic non+3 weapons without any attachments which are UP.
Should I use grenade and claymore boosters or not?

Nerf of some weapons were needed (more recoil and inaccuracy) but I liked the game more before kevlar and dual weapon booster, T3 and boosters etc.

I would use claymore booster because imo a claymore should kill if triggered. I wouldn´t use grenade boosters after trying it out because it´s just extremely OP.

I wouldn´t condemn it though because it´s a part of the game and you´re not the only one who´d be using it. After all you pay money / Credits for it.

Besides other players should know that there currently is the possibility of running into a boosted grenade which is VERY dangerous. I am sure that EAsy will nerf that Booster too and until then people should just adapt their playstyle to the current situation.
08-05-2012, 05:44 PM | Post: #34
Offline wodzumc 
(07-05-2012 04:30 PM)AfdsasZ Wrote:  We paid for elite legacy attaches, and we deserve this be OP, and at last, elite legacy don't kill an entire army like Grenade booster and airburst booster DO!
you just paid for just for bit more ammo and damage than default weapons and in some cases diffrent paint or scope.
All weapons get nerfed, so you should get weapon with attachments which make your gun better than deafult exectly the same as diffrence between deafult weapons and weapon you bought -before 1st dec.But legacy attachments all together give a lot more .

08-05-2012, 08:30 PM | Post: #35
Offline [==C]Elefant 
(08-05-2012 05:44 PM)wodzumc Wrote:  
(07-05-2012 04:30 PM)AfdsasZ Wrote:  We paid for elite legacy attaches, and we deserve this be OP, and at last, elite legacy don't kill an entire army like Grenade booster and airburst booster DO!
you just paid for just for bit more ammo and damage than default weapons and in some cases diffrent paint or scope.
All weapons get nerfed, so you should get weapon with attachments which make your gun better than deafult exectly the same as diffrence between deafult weapons and weapon you bought -before 1st dec.But legacy attachments all together give a lot more .

Yeah correct but they´ve even removed our paintjobs. I remember the old paintjob from the M95. Also weapons such as the M4A1, STG77AUG, M24, etc. had nice paintjobs.
09-05-2012, 02:01 AM | Post: #36
Offline [ANC]_INk-Z 
Don't see the truth? they neffed to force us to buy attaches, before the customization system all weapon had the best attaches, the only difference is the type of weapon (standard, vet and elite). we had all attaches before the custom system, they are only selling back what we had before, and making you to change about Accuracy or range, ammo cap or damage, less vertical recoil or less horizontal recoil, i say to all of you, open your eyes, don't close them of the truth, before buying any funds you need know what are you doing. we need a better compensation, + 3 need even more ammo, and add some range and damage bonus to it, that's my suggestion. poors gonna hate.

[Image: a854cc70dca04fe59e069e831bd1a8c63bf8ef38.png]