Hello There, Guest!

15-02-2011, 05:19 AM | Post: #61
Offline SoulAssassin 
I just plugged in my joystick Tongue very easy to fly and way better to control...... except steering left/right is inverted (I rotate it left and it turns right) it does this both for the jet and helicopter, I tried changing the controls to fix this loads of times and its not working Sad

Do i need to do something with the controls.con file in my documents? specificlly rows 20 and 33

ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIYaw IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_3 1 0

[Image: soulassassinflare4.png]

God < Chuck Norris < SeaNanners
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2011 05:45 AM by SoulAssassin.)
15-02-2011, 02:52 PM | Post: #62
Offline Johnysnake 
(15-02-2011 05:19 AM)SoulAssassin Wrote:  I just plugged in my joystick Tongue very easy to fly and way better to control...... except steering left/right is inverted (I rotate it left and it turns right) it does this both for the jet and helicopter, I tried changing the controls to fix this loads of times and its not working Sad

Do i need to do something with the controls.con file in my documents? specificlly rows 20 and 33

Code:
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIYaw IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_3 0 0

This should fix it.

16-02-2011, 03:42 AM | Post: #63
Offline SoulAssassin 
(15-02-2011 02:52 PM)Johnysnake Wrote:  
(15-02-2011 05:19 AM)SoulAssassin Wrote:  I just plugged in my joystick Tongue very easy to fly and way better to control...... except steering left/right is inverted (I rotate it left and it turns right) it does this both for the jet and helicopter, I tried changing the controls to fix this loads of times and its not working Sad

Code:
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIYaw IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_3 0 0

This should fix it.

thank you it works Tongue (i also found out that if you click on "steer right" it would also change it Sad but i was sure i had done this a few time)

[Image: soulassassinflare4.png]

God < Chuck Norris < SeaNanners
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2011 03:42 AM by SoulAssassin.)
16-02-2011, 12:33 PM | Post: #64
Offline FB.Aavikkokettu 
Finally i get my Extreme 3D pro back and i tryed put those settings for joystick but after i leave the game, all settings is back to original??? How i can save those settings?

16-02-2011, 03:59 PM | Post: #65
Offline Johnysnake 
(16-02-2011 12:33 PM)Aavikkokettu Wrote:  Finally i get my Extreme 3D pro back and i tryed put those settings for joystick but after i leave the game, all settings is back to original??? How i can save those settings?

It should be saved automaticly. Try it again maybe. I can´t give you an good reason for what it could be.

16-02-2011, 04:19 PM | Post: #66
Offline [FR]Scompe 
I play with you Johnysnake today and you are a very good pilot.
Are you a BF 2 veteran ?

In your guide you don't speak about the 2 others camera, you don't use it ?

This is the first game where i use jet and i love it.
I'm very impatient to see your tactics.
(05-01-2011 12:37 PM)Johnysnake Wrote:  [Image: JETGUIDETactics.png]

Fighter jet vs. Fighter jet

Fighter jet vs. Helicopter

Fighter jet vs. Bomber jet

Fighter jet and Bombing

Fighter jet and MG Strafing

Bomber jet vs. Helicopter
Bomber jet and Bombing
Bomber jet and MG Strafing

PS: USAS12+claymores+grenades+dead man trigger+spawnkill = lame Tongue

16-02-2011, 05:12 PM | Post: #67
Offline darivan 
very nice
16-02-2011, 06:24 PM | Post: #68
Offline FB.Aavikkokettu 
(16-02-2011 03:59 PM)Johnysnake Wrote:  
(16-02-2011 12:33 PM)Aavikkokettu Wrote:  Finally i get my Extreme 3D pro back and i tryed put those settings for joystick but after i leave the game, all settings is back to original??? How i can save those settings?

It should be saved automaticly. Try it again maybe. I can´t give you an good reason for what it could be.

I tryed 4 times and no. Could that be a problem when i put those settings and if im not quick it say " time out" and screen is gray and i cant do nothing else but restart game and all settings are "normal" again.
My screen and other settings will save but not those joystick settings Undecided

16-02-2011, 10:24 PM | Post: #69
Offline Milleuros 
Quote: In your guide you don't speak about the 2 others camera, you don't use it ?

What are the others cameras you're talking about ? 3rd person mode and rear view ?

I can say that 3rd person mode is really useless, you fly really better in 1st person.

Rear view is vital. It allows you to see where your bombs landed, but more important it allows you to know if you have an ennemy behind you (ennemy jet using bomb mode, waiting an easy kill).
Another use is to know where is that AA. When you get locked, immediatly turn back to your base, deploy flares and use rear view. You may see the missile missing you, and it will give you good infos on where the turret is. Then, you just have to do a cannon run.

Sorry for bad English.

[Image: cwbiojjw.jpg]
17-02-2011, 05:42 PM | Post: #70
Offline Johnysnake 
(16-02-2011 04:19 PM)scompe Wrote:  I play with you Johnysnake today and you are a very good pilot.
Are you a BF 2 veteran ?

In your guide you don't speak about the 2 others camera, you don't use it ?

This is the first game where i use jet and i love it.
I'm very impatient to see your tactics.
(05-01-2011 12:37 PM)Johnysnake Wrote:  ...

PS: USAS12+claymores+grenades+dead man trigger+spawnkill = lame Tongue

I´ve to wait a bit, because i need another place for uploading images. I´ve more info to share but it will take a little longer. Don´t worry it will be soon.

I do use multiple camera views, even from different directions. More then 2 or 3, almost 360° in and around my plane. But i´ll explain everything later. Same as with the tactics.

Yes, i´m a BF2 veteran, also a BFH exellent pilot (although, due to hardware problems i had then, i never got a chance to beat the aces).

USAS12+claymores+grenades+dead man trigger+spawnkill is the most deadly and dominating playstyle at the moment. People who wanna be the best and own others play the most deadly playstyle. Even when people call it noobish, it owns them badly. A pro will not let him being owned by noobs with claymores, he will own the noobs with claymores and end up at the top every round to show he is the best "claymorenoob" killer. And fun when people call me claymorenoob and that it doesn´t require skills. And own them later again but than with a jet.

(This post was last modified: 18-02-2011 02:20 AM by Johnysnake.)
18-02-2011, 11:46 PM | Post: #71
Offline thebigelephant 
Hi,
its been days i've been trying to pilot jets. I found out it was really a pain in the ***.
At first, you have to invert mouse. Why? Because otherwise, mouse is not being recognized. Its one sssential thing you should have put in the guide, otherwise your guide is useless if u cant keep the jet for more than 3 seconds. They'll ahve to fix that bug too.
Then, i can fly, but jet is so quick and the map is done in like 3 seconds. I always don't know where i am, even with the minimap and I always get crashed. I always find my jet so speedy i can't control anything and I crash, its really, REALLY, REALLY frustrating. Why do you include jets if they are uncontrollable, seriously, i had no fun driving jets.
So I can't control the jet, me who was excited, thinking "oh yeah, jets, oh my god, it will be so cool" in fatc its not because jets are so uncontrollable theres no fun.
And sometimes u can't even start it up because the ennemy jet rape you. You use flare but then u get raped by AA.
In fact i can start it but i can't control it, well i can but i don't find the other jets where they find me, when i pass in other camera view i always crash and aa always rape me.
So please, PLEASE, make a REALLY useful guide for rookies on jet. I'm a pro at driving attack helicopters on bfbc2, but on this one all the air vehicles are really crappy and uncontrollable. Please, developers, make something about it, fix the "invert mouse" bug and make a map or a tutorial to control it. Really.
It was too a pain in the *** to control helicopters in bfbc2, as they only gave the controls but they were no maps in the singleplayer where u can drive one.
PLEASE HELP ME ! I REALLY WANT TO DRIVE JETS!
And i'm really frustrated when i see other players driving jets perfectly and killing me where i find this uncontrllable. Should I buy a joystick?
Making a joystick essential for a game is really frustrating.
Thanks for your help, in advance.
19-02-2011, 12:01 AM | Post: #72
Offline Milleuros 
Quote:At first, you have to invert mouse. Why?

I don't. I make 26/2 with only jet.

Sorry for bad English.

19-02-2011, 12:07 AM | Post: #73
Offline thebigelephant 
You just read one sentence but u didn't help me. Give a real tutorial how to find your own position in the sky and how to find other jets and control properly the jet, and your guide will be a real guide.
Here u just give advice if you can pilot jets. But it doesn't help for beginners.
And u don't give sensitivity advice.
And we all have to change invert mouse to yes otherwise mouse is not recognized. It does it for me, so...
Maybe you were just trolling? If yes, its lame, i really need help to truly enjoy a part of the game i'm awaiting since years : jets.
19-02-2011, 12:15 AM | Post: #74
Offline Milleuros 
Quote:You just read one sentence but u didn't help me

I was about to write something to help you. Don't want it anymore. Cool down, keep quiet. Take a huge breath. Are you feeling better now ?

I'll give you only one advice (btw my best one) : go download Battlefield 2 demo, start a local game, take that F-35 and train to fly. You'll see that both map and planes are the same.

Sorry for bad English.

(This post was last modified: 19-02-2011 12:16 AM by Milleuros.)
19-02-2011, 12:55 AM | Post: #75
Offline thebigelephant 
Yes, someone told me that too, ill do that. Sorry for being irritated but after crashing like ten times the jet and wanting to play its really frustrating. :/
19-02-2011, 01:07 AM | Post: #76
Offline .fLynn. 
Sad
nice of you. but what you do I whole fail to drive a "jet"

[Image: 2hremnk.png]
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2011 01:08 AM by .fLynn..)
19-02-2011, 07:19 AM | Post: #77
Offline Johnysnake 
Lolled first a little. But you are a fantastic writer thebigelephant. You made me laugh. Big Grin

Well, as answer to all your questions, i´ll update this guide. Starting at sunday, untill somewhere next week. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them, so i can add them to the guide.

19-02-2011, 10:41 AM | Post: #78
Offline thebigelephant 
Thanks. And yes, sorry for all the grammar faults, and the many typo's faults.
19-02-2011, 11:22 AM | Post: #79
Offline Milleuros 
(19-02-2011 07:19 AM)Johnysnake Wrote:  Lolled first a little. But you are a fantastic writer thebigelephant. You made me laugh. Big Grin

Well, as answer to all your questions, i´ll update this guide. Starting at sunday, untill somewhere next week. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them, so i can add them to the guide.

I think you should add a section on how to fly a plane. The basic moves, the speed, and some figures.

It may look weird, but many people don't know how to turn with a plane.

Sorry for bad English.

19-02-2011, 12:39 PM | Post: #80
Offline thebigelephant 
I'm so happy! I finally maanged to know how to pilot the jet ! i did traningi on bf2 demo and now i know how to turn etc etc Big Grin
I even won my first dogfight, awsum
And i know how to pilot attack helicopters too now Big GrinD
Thanks for your help <3