Hello There, Guest!

14-04-2012, 09:21 AM | Post: #1
Offline NLThiQeurx 
Hello every1,

On my laptop i have no problem with playing, well.. 1 that is: you're disconected from the server, everytime i get that error. But nvm.

On my deskop PC i have a problem with downloading the chache: "An error occurred: Failed to write registry valeu: Installation Dir"

Can some1 help me with it?

Thank you.
14-04-2012, 09:25 AM | Post: #2
Offline PETRY 
(14-04-2012 09:21 AM)NLThiQeurx Wrote:  Hello every1,

On my laptop i have no problem with playing, well.. 1 that is: you're disconected from the server, everytime i get that error. But nvm.

On my deskop PC i have a problem with downloading the chache: "An error occurred: Failed to write registry valeu: Installation Dir"

Thank you.

(30-05-2011 12:43 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  Failed to write Registry value: Installation Dir
If you want to install/update the game, you need to do the following:
HomeSen Wrote:You need to start your browser with administrative privileges when you want to install the game under Windows Vista/Win7:
1. Close all browser windows
2. Right-click on your browser's icon
3. Select "Run as Administrator"
4. Install the game via "Play Now"
5. Be happy

If you "uninstalled" the game by deleting the game folder, you got into the trouble I mentioned above. You now need to manually delete the Registry values, in order to install the game again.

1. Press [WINDOWSKEY] + [R], the "Run..." dialog will open
2. Type regedit and press [RETURN] or click on OK
3. Inside the "Registry Editor", navigate to the appropriate "folder", according to your OS's architecture:
For 32bit Windows:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free

For 64bit Windows:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free

4. Delete the Battlefield Play4Free "folder".
5. Try to install again. If it doesn't work, you need to restart your PC, since some registry changes are only applied after a restart Wink

14-04-2012, 09:26 AM | Post: #3
Offline NLThiQeurx 
(14-04-2012 09:25 AM)PETRY Wrote:  
(14-04-2012 09:21 AM)NLThiQeurx Wrote:  Hello every1,

Thank you.

(30-05-2011 12:43 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  Failed to write Registry value: Installation Dir
If you want to install/update the game, you need to do the following:
HomeSen Wrote:You need to start your browser with administrative privileges when you want to install the game under Windows Vista/Win7:
1. Close all browser windows
2. Right-click on your browser's icon
3. Select "Run as Administrator"
4. Install the game via "Play Now"
5. Be happy

If you "uninstalled" the game by deleting the game folder, you got into the trouble I mentioned above. You now need to manually delete the Registry values, in order to install the game again.

1. Press [WINDOWSKEY] + [R], the "Run..." dialog will open
2. Type regedit and press [RETURN] or click on OK
3. Inside the "Registry Editor", navigate to the appropriate "folder", according to your OS's architecture:
For 32bit Windows:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free

For 64bit Windows:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free

4. Delete the Battlefield Play4Free "folder".
5. Try to install again. If it doesn't work, you need to restart your PC, since some registry changes are only applied after a restart Wink

Yes, i found this on google!! It works thank you!!

Close topic Smile Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 14-04-2012 09:28 AM by NLThiQeurx.)