Hello There, Guest!

11-04-2012, 02:33 AM | Post: #1
Offline Nimohtar 
Hey everyone.

I seem to be unable, as of today, to log into any of the severs. My system requirements and security settings, as best I can tell, are all as they should be.

When I click 'play now' it begins to load and go full screen, but then says I've been disconnected and never goes any further.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

(I am a student at a university, so it could be possible they did something today which blocks my access, but I would like to explore whatever options I have before talking to them.)
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 02:34 AM by Nimohtar.)
11-04-2012, 03:12 AM | Post: #2
Offline -:Macbeth:- 
If your using a uni laptop, they definitely block everything not education related.

In my school, It took the school a term or 2 to figure out that students used games on laptops while at school, so they "updated" them. Now games don't work, its just an error screen saying you need a higher level of power to open it.

[Image: fis2.png]
11-04-2012, 04:53 AM | Post: #3
Offline Nimohtar 
Well, it's my own pc, but the school's network. *sigh*

I asked a fellow dorm-mate to check and see if her's works. If she says 'no', then I obviously will have to speak with campus technologies.
11-04-2012, 08:44 PM | Post: #4
Offline DavidJackson 
im using laptop and the game is running,just you need windows 7 service pack 1
11-04-2012, 08:56 PM | Post: #5
Offline Nimohtar 
I checked with tech today, and there is no block from our network.

It must just be my computer, but I wonder what I need to do to fix this???...
11-04-2012, 09:30 PM | Post: #6
Offline DavidJackson 
(11-04-2012 08:56 PM)Nimohtar Wrote:  I checked with tech today, and there is no block from our network.

It must just be my computer, but I wonder what I need to do to fix this???...

my time is 23:30 __
how to fix ahm
tell me your perfomence windows and display adapters .
11-04-2012, 11:20 PM | Post: #7
Offline Nimohtar 
Windows 7 Home Premium: Service Pack 1
Dell Inspiron 570
AMD Athlon™ II X2 245 Processor 2.90 GHz
4.00 GB (3.75 usable)
64-bit Operating System
Non pen or touch
11-04-2012, 11:31 PM | Post: #8
Offline raul 
it happened to me one time then i figured it out.... i had forgotten to close my client on the other computer xD

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 11:33 PM by raul.)
11-04-2012, 11:54 PM | Post: #9
Offline Nimohtar 
(11-04-2012 11:31 PM)raul Wrote:  it happened to me one time then i figured it out.... i had forgotten to close my client on the other computer xD

I play solely on this computer, so I hope that's not the case...lol.
12-04-2012, 04:55 PM | Post: #10
Offline Nimohtar 
My university network said nothing is being blocked from their end, and my friends here seem to have no trouble logging in.

I tried completely turning off my firewall to see if that was the problem, but it was not.

I'm at a loss...

What do you guys think could be causing me to disconnect from the server?
12-04-2012, 07:13 PM | Post: #11
Offline DavidJackson 
(11-04-2012 11:20 PM)Nimohtar Wrote:  Windows 7 Home Premium: Service Pack 1
Dell Inspiron 570
AMD Athlon™ II X2 245 Processor 2.90 GHz
4.00 GB (3.75 usable)
64-bit Operating System
Non pen or touch
will working it windows 7 home premium hmm okay you dont have a problem you have in PLAY NOW ----> you cannot start the game ?
what say --> disconnected by the server or ?
if you have with internet problem get skype: modernwarfare.3 to fix it, if can't me to fix get your a new hardisc,hardware D:
or, reinstall your windows 7 home premium and change it to windows 7 Ultimate SP1 and update your all( windows update)
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 07:15 PM by DavidJackson.)
12-04-2012, 10:55 PM | Post: #12
Offline raul 
windows has nothing to do with it, i play it on win 7 home 64bit and win 7 ultimate 32bit and i see no difference... maybe he's banned? PM HomeSen he's a moderator and he's kinda epic at computers Big Grin

13-04-2012, 07:51 AM | Post: #13
Offline HomeSen 
Someone called my name? Big Grin

So, just to make sure: Did you already install&update these two packages?
HomeSen (self-quoting is 1337 xD) Wrote:Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...9C36F85647
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...02B2AF5FC2

Download and install both, since both are needed for the game to work properly. And YES, you need BOTH since 2008 is NO update for 2005. Each of the packages provides different libraries Wink

Make sure to change the "download language" to the one your Windows is configured to. Also, please rename the files. Some guy/gal from Microsoft thought it is funny to give two completely different files the same name Dodgy

Also, please run WindowsUpdate after installing these two, to make sure that you have the latest updates Wink

Additionally, please attach your HiJackThis.log
A guide on how to create that file can be found in my signature: "Help us to help you". Sometimes some "assumingly unrelated" piece of software can cause weird issues Wink

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

13-04-2012, 06:20 PM | Post: #14
Offline DavidJackson 
(13-04-2012 07:51 AM)HomeSen Wrote:  Someone called my name? Big Grin

HomeSen (self-quoting is 1337 xD) Wrote:Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...9C36F85647
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...02B2AF5FC2

Download and install both, since both are needed for the game to work properly. And YES, you need BOTH since 2008 is NO update for 2005. Each of the packages provides different libraries Wink

Make sure to change the "download language" to the one your Windows is configured to. Also, please rename the files. Some guy/gal from Microsoft thought it is funny to give two completely different files the same name Dodgy

Also, please run WindowsUpdate after installing these two, to make sure that you have the latest updates Wink

A guide on how to create that file can be found in my signature: "Help us to help you". Sometimes some "assumingly unrelated" piece of software can cause weird issues Wink
hi that its ,. i know you but you are not repair my again my laptop
i just have a problem with the D: disk and he has delete now i have 1 TB Tongue and the game cool (amazing)

[Image: zmxd9g.gif]
13-04-2012, 06:21 PM | Post: #15
Offline DavidJackson 
(12-04-2012 10:55 PM)raul Wrote:  windows has nothing to do with it, i play it on win 7 home 64bit and win 7 ultimate 32bit and i see no difference... maybe he's banned? PM HomeSen he's a moderator and he's kinda epic at computers Big Grin

im win7 ultimate SP1 32-bit and the game working perfect no (problems)

[Image: zmxd9g.gif]
13-04-2012, 09:54 PM | Post: #16
Offline Nimohtar 
(13-04-2012 07:51 AM)HomeSen Wrote:  Someone called my name? Big Grin

Here you go, bro. Nice 'Jerry McGuire' quote too.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 24.79 KB / Downloads: 10)
.txt  DxDiag2.txt (Size: 32.37 KB / Downloads: 12)
.log  hijackthis.log (Size: 14 KB / Downloads: 12)

15-04-2012, 06:21 AM | Post: #17
Offline Nimohtar 
*bump*

As the issue has yet to be resolved...

[Image: bfsig1.jpg]
15-04-2012, 04:31 PM | Post: #18
Offline HomeSen 
Well, my best bet would be disabling AVG to see whether it interferes with the game.

Also: Try disabling the "Vaio Gate" software. Programs like RocketDock, StarDock and the like have caused game crashes in the past. And Vaio Gate is just a "branded" version of StarDock Wink

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

15-04-2012, 09:20 PM | Post: #19
Offline Nimohtar 
I disabled AVG, windows defender, ext, as well as my firewall, and still was disconnected from the network. *sigh* =/ I think this is the first time in my life where I haven't been on vacation or too busy to play, and have not played any pc games for a week.

In any case, I can't find that Vaio Gate you were talking about.

I google searched to see if there was anything I can do, and I've gotten a list of steps which I've tried, but to no avail.

[Image: bfsig1.jpg]
16-04-2012, 07:52 AM | Post: #20
Offline HomeSen 
The "Vaio Gate" is a "quick access bar" at the top of your screen Wink
Taking another look at your HiJackThis.log, I realize that I might have confused some things Blush The program I meant is named: "DellDock": http://www.delldock.com/

Please, also try disabling/closing "SUPERAntiSpyware".

In rare cases, some Windows System file might be corrupted. You can check that by opening a command prompt with administrative privileges and issuing the following command:
Code:
sfc.exe /scannow
This will check all system files, and repair them, if they are corrupted.