Hello There, Guest!

06-04-2012, 02:34 PM | Post: #41
Offline [MIA]Axias 
IMO,
m95 + enhanced scope. - The standard sniper rifle. Learn it, love it. You will develop an innate sense of bullet drop and lead as you level your recon 20+ levels with this as your primary. When you master 90%+ headshots, quick scoping to a stationary + 50%+ moving target hits ->

Gol or M24 - trade away some time between shots over the M95- Gol will pack more punch and impress you with it's range, or M24 will keep you popping rounds down range. both wean you off the enhanced scope, and force faster target acquiring. Now you're headshot target is 3x smaller.

End game weapon: For many playstyles, especially the medium range engagement strat, Its the 96 with viper mags. Add velocity and the skills to use it and you have your end game weap. Very Long shots are a challenge - good. I've hit targets with 1.5 ticks of elevation.. It's doable.

.jpg  BFP4f 2012-04-05 l96 +234.jpg (Size: 478.54 KB / Downloads: 48)

+dam ammo is a must or at range you need 3BS/2HS for kill. M95 still a better choice for Big maps if you're gonna play at range.

Skip right to the 96? Besides the $20 disadvantage, you rob yourself of learning those other weapons. That m95 is KEY for learning leading and drop. It only gets harder from there. You will learn faster starting with the easy gun and progressing onward to guns with more difficulty.

Skipping to the96 is gonna be an experience you dont like when trying to hit people at full runs on non parallel vectors at range. if you find yourself only shooting at stationary targets with it -> fail.

The semi-autos are broke. Yeah, you can go toe to toe with assault using a stop and drop strat, but it's gonna be iffy. Luckily, the DEVs have mentioned sniper autos will be coming under review next (hurray!).

Me n 96 yesterday:

MIAclan.net - always looking for mature players.
My youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axias2011?feature=mhee
06-04-2012, 03:15 PM | Post: #42
Offline Okisaru 
(06-04-2012 01:43 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 01:19 PM)Okisaru Wrote:  @ BuckRaven VSS top mods i used :
Precision barrel +5 acc
Hi-power ammo +3 / viper mags (ammo +3 , damage +3)
Stabilised stock +4 acc
=======
Stand-off barrel +5 range / predator barrel +3range +3 acc
Hi-power / cqc / viper mags
stabilised stock
As I said, the in-game stats are pointless unless you know what they actually do.

(06-04-2012 01:19 PM)Okisaru Wrote:  First set i mainly tried for long ranges , second - orientated for cqc.
Scopes - M145 makes your bulet spread more visible and harder to control same as oroginal scope. when i used VSS in pair with SVU i found that holosight is better for VSS and m145 for SVU.
Overall it was not practical for me to use it perhapes of my game stile. I play as a sniper and i avoid contact at all times. I got myself a usas instead to defend myself if someone manages to come cloce. Mid to longer distance for faster rate i used elite 1911 . Usas was a good weapon for cqc or if i am taking flag i drop a sencor and wait for nme to come and spray it.
VSS is a close-/mid-range weapon, not a long range weapon, both in-game and in real life. It actually fires the same ammunition as the 9A-91 SMG.

(06-04-2012 01:19 PM)Okisaru Wrote:  Real life weapons in game looks to me like they have to provide same abilities. Like usas for theyr power. And its all thanks to felows that use them for gun and run make people complain for getting shot to many times and to fast leading to a nerf.
Yes, the weapons are based on real life weapons but there isn't a single weapon in this game which performs exactly the way real life weapons do so making those comparisons is pointless.

I have tried few online comparison tools but numpers didnt gave me any feeling of these upgrades on weapon in action. High power ammo full accuracy was the best option but again low ammo , recoil.
Yes 9A- 91 is the next best weapon developed for russian SPECNAZ. Vss is efective upto 200m , 9a-91 over 250m. As far i remember both weapons come with silencers. Somehow ingame 9A isnt.
As for ammo 9A-91 uses 9mm and for VSS it was developed a spetial SP-6 ammo capable pearcing 6mm armor upto 100m. But these details not important. If they were going to give a sniper automatic why VSS and not its predecessor AC VAL ? More ammo no scope silencer as standart.

@[MIA]Axias
Yes 96 is good. I use it in pair with M95 but sometimes i find it dificult with adustements when quickly swapping between them. Lets say in dragon valey on the hill to C : incoming from A,D firing M95, troops fludding C - swap to faster action with 96. To cover A,D with 96 i find a bit harder for the zoom , maby im crap sniper idk Smile M95 wiping roof at D is no problem. If im in D its very easy to cover C and partly B again m95. Where im getting at is yes depends how you play range or mid.
As of VSS gimme the set of upgrades if posible that would improve that weapon on longer distances. I understand its for mid/close or its smtn one has to overcome himself in discovering ?
Also great news if recon autorifles are next in review ! Finaly i would put them into use and discover the new gameplay here.

Signature edited by RIC0H:
- Max size for the full signature can not exceed 250PX in height, 900PX in width and 500KB in size. This includes images, text, quotes and links.

[img]http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1304/tumblrligvg7q14k1qgoo3p.jpg[img]
06-04-2012, 10:06 PM | Post: #43
Online Solid 
(06-04-2012 12:19 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  Practical distance for the VSS in my opinion: 0-75m
Only if you
(06-04-2012 12:19 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  [....] add the holo-sight (to remove the zoom) and you will have an entirely new gameplay with it.
Wink

I play with the default scope and i am able to archive long range bonuses for 120+ pretty fine (time and ammo wise) unless the target uses much cover. I´m looking forward to the release of the Ballistic Scope.

Before the Shotgun Nerf (and the Booster Sale) i used the VSS with the default scope, again, as Close Range Weapon and i did really fine even at Point Blank. It´s like any Assault Rifle but better in those terms which i prefer and use Tongue

I don´t know why you prefer the Holosight but i wouldn´t promise myself any Close Range Advantages. I guess i got used to it to the point from which the scope has no disadvantage for me anymore (i know it should be a disadvantage normally)

btw, the best Bolt Action Sniper Rifle is the modded L96A1 because of its Velocity, Zoom, Ammo Count, Bullet Reload Time and, with Hi-Power Ammo or Viper Mags, damage output. With my Attachments i should outgun any M24 or GOL and undoubtly any M95 theoretically. With, two Hits on par with the others to Kill (Body and 1 HS), with an on par Velocity and the fast Reload Time

I´m a Community Moderator, not an official EA Representative ~nya
07-04-2012, 03:49 AM | Post: #44
Offline BuckTester 
(06-04-2012 10:06 PM)Solid Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 12:19 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  Practical distance for the VSS in my opinion: 0-75m
Only if you
(06-04-2012 12:19 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  [....] add the holo-sight (to remove the zoom) and you will have an entirely new gameplay with it.
Wink
Yeah, that's what I meant pretty much. I don't like the default scope on the VSS.

(06-04-2012 10:06 PM)Solid Wrote:  I play with the default scope and i am able to archive long range bonuses for 120+ pretty fine (time and ammo wise) unless the target uses much cover. I´m looking forward to the release of the Ballistic Scope.
You're thinking of putting the ballistic scope on the VSS? I'd say forget about that idea, I've tried it and it was terribad!

(06-04-2012 10:06 PM)Solid Wrote:  Before the Shotgun Nerf (and the Booster Sale) i used the VSS with the default scope, again, as Close Range Weapon and i did really fine even at Point Blank. It´s like any Assault Rifle but better in those terms which i prefer and use Tongue

I don´t know why you prefer the Holosight but i wouldn´t promise myself any Close Range Advantages. I guess i got used to it to the point from which the scope has no disadvantage for me anymore (i know it should be a disadvantage normally)
The advantage is the removal of the zoom-factor and the wider view you get with the holo-sight while ADS.

(06-04-2012 10:06 PM)Solid Wrote:  btw, the best Bolt Action Sniper Rifle is the modded L96A1 because of its Velocity, Zoom, Ammo Count, Bullet Reload Time and, with Hi-Power Ammo or Viper Mags, damage output. With my Attachments i should outgun any M24 or GOL and undoubtly any M95 theoretically. With, two Hits on par with the others to Kill (Body and 1 HS), with an on par Velocity and the fast Reload Time
I agree, the L96 is the superior choice.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
07-04-2012, 10:58 AM | Post: #45
Online Solid 
(07-04-2012 03:49 AM)BuckRaven Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 10:06 PM)Solid Wrote:  I play with the default scope and i am able to archive long range bonuses for 120+ pretty fine (time and ammo wise) unless the target uses much cover. I´m looking forward to the release of the Ballistic Scope.
You're thinking of putting the ballistic scope on the VSS? I'd say forget about that idea, I've tried it and it was terribad!

You are not used to the scope while i found it wonderful to use the VSS on Long Range like a Semi-Auto Sniper even with the Double Zoom. I´m pretty much aware of my surroundings with all the Recon Training (and experience) so that i´m mostly killed by more skilled stronger players instead of "lucky" flankers Wink

07-04-2012, 11:56 AM | Post: #46
Offline BuckTester 
(07-04-2012 10:58 AM)Solid Wrote:  
(07-04-2012 03:49 AM)BuckRaven Wrote:  

You are not used to the scope while i found it wonderful to use the VSS on Long Range like a Semi-Auto Sniper even with the Double Zoom. I´m pretty much aware of my surroundings with all the Recon Training (and experience) so that i´m mostly killed by more skilled stronger players instead of "lucky" flankers Wink

Ok then, I'll bite, going to try it again a few rounds..

..and it's not the lucky flankers I'm worried about..

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2012 11:57 AM by BuckTester.)
07-04-2012, 12:10 PM | Post: #47
Offline Falman 
How about without modifications?
I only buy cheap ones..
07-04-2012, 12:19 PM | Post: #48
Offline DeltaForce 
Once there was a camping recon and then there wasn't.

[Image: screen005y.png]

UH-60 Blackhawk: Guide Video
[Image: 5mLZc.png]
07-04-2012, 12:40 PM | Post: #49
Online Solid 
I used the Scope on the Auto-Rifles since the SVU-A came out so it takes maybe more than a few rounds to get used to it while you also need to have as much awareness as possible

(07-04-2012 12:19 PM)DeltaForce Wrote:  Once there was a camping recon and then there wasn't.

You can always show you killing someone but both of us know that we were on par and killed the other one as much as he killed us Wink Please tell me how i were camping there near B and why you couldn´t save your teammate Tongue

Also i hinted that stronger players kill me and you got a Shotgun with which you are experienced+skilled with and a Shotgun is the only weapon class which is stronger than a SMG or an Assault Rifle in Close Combat (VSS is not a Sniper Rifle, obviously)

07-04-2012, 12:49 PM | Post: #50
Offline CapValla 
Something about the VSS Vintorez?
OT: Or you are all better than others?

07-04-2012, 01:01 PM | Post: #51
Online Solid 
(07-04-2012 12:49 PM)CapValla Wrote:  OT: Or you are all better than others?

Well, i guess everyone wants to be but nobody can really judge about that. BuckRaven and me prefer two different handlings of the VSS and just want to prove our styles with arguements while DeltaForce is just glad that he could kill me Tongue

You simply just have to get used to a style which you prefer yourself with any weapon and keep it for as long as you want, you will become good with it event though it is challenging like the AK47 and SVU-A. Every Weapon is worth mastering atm except maybe the M9 Tongue

07-04-2012, 02:18 PM | Post: #52
Offline PMingVB
(06-04-2012 10:04 AM)Realist Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 08:36 AM)Okisaru Wrote:  Mate plz come down to earth theres no better weapon as only m24.

Fix'd. M95 sux. [...] In fact it's perfect for campers. Conclusion - good luck sitting on roof and camping all the time.

WILCO.
Tell me that again when u're NOT getting shut down by AA's, TOW's nor other snipers. Wink

(05-04-2012 09:01 AM)Wixx Wrote:  
(04-04-2012 04:47 PM)Realist Wrote:  Honestly, VSS sux after 20dec and ithink that 99% of recons will agree with me.

Nope it doesnt i'm part of the 1 %

+3

I definitely have to replace my tact stock by the stabilized one when I get the required lvl...

EDIT: Oh wait, that stock is unlocked at lvl20, right? Then, I already have the necessary lvl! Yay! Gonna buy it when I get some moar funds.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2012 02:21 PM by PMingVB.)
07-04-2012, 05:47 PM | Post: #53
Offline Okisaru 
Idk iv tried VSS for 2 days now with viper ammo, predator barrel .. Yet still it doesnt do the job for me ... always runout on ammo or if i try to pop shot i get poped myself espetialy like with MP5+3 or MG36+3. When egsactly is this semi/auto sniper rifle review comming ? In the meen time im either M95 + L96A1 or 96 + leet spas.

Signature edited by RIC0H:
- Max size for the full signature can not exceed 250PX in height, 900PX in width and 500KB in size. This includes images, text, quotes and links.

[img]http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1304/tumblrligvg7q14k1qgoo3p.jpg[img]
11-04-2012, 07:46 AM | Post: #54
Offline Realist 
OK... I risk and bought VSS. I have to say... It's really fun and cool. I have Close-in barrel, cqc ammo, tactical stock.. Recoil isn't a problem but bullet spread is huge. Any ideas what change in it?

[Image: RsD5K.jpg]
11-04-2012, 11:48 AM | Post: #55
Offline DeltaForce 
(07-04-2012 12:40 PM)Solid Wrote:  I used the Scope on the Auto-Rifles since the SVU-A came out so it takes maybe more than a few rounds to get used to it while you also need to have as much awareness as possible

(07-04-2012 12:19 PM)DeltaForce Wrote:  Once there was a camping recon and then there wasn't.

You can always show you killing someone but both of us know that we were on par and killed the other one as much as he killed us Wink Please tell me how i were camping there near B and why you couldn´t save your teammate Tongue

Also i hinted that stronger players kill me and you got a Shotgun with which you are experienced+skilled with and a Shotgun is the only weapon class which is stronger than a SMG or an Assault Rifle in Close Combat (VSS is not a Sniper Rifle, obviously)

Just teasing with that screenshot Tongue.
Indeed you were very annoying to play against with that "Recon-Assaultrifle", especially since i was forced to close the distance due to using a shotgun.

UH-60 Blackhawk: Guide Video
[Image: 5mLZc.png]
12-04-2012, 08:39 AM | Post: #56
Offline Wixx 
VSS + stab stock /p barrel / viper mags aka a beast close range can get 4 + kills per clip CQCing with it and as a bonus low sound profile.Just remember to tap it like a mofo!
I'm totally in love with this specialized tool

[Image: wixx_sig.png]
09-05-2012, 08:15 AM | Post: #57
Offline SHRAMP 
(12-04-2012 08:39 AM)Wixx Wrote:  I'm totally in love with this specialized tool

Me too. Same setup. No problems with recoil. (Apart from the occasional wacky lag-recoil issue) Have you tried it with the red dot yet? Super fun!

[Image: bluepinkVSS.jpg]
09-05-2012, 11:03 AM | Post: #58
Offline fr4ser 
I got a vintorezz last week and I love it Big Grin

I use precision barrel, stablised stock and high capacity mags and although I score higher with my M24 I enjoy the challenge of using the Vinto.

IMO It does need a slight buff on ammo capacity and maybe a tiny reduction in recoil but not much.

[Image: sig.jpg]
I AM A COMMUNITY MODERATOR NOT AN OFFICIAL EA REPRESENTATIVE
09-05-2012, 11:32 AM | Post: #59
Offline Reginvalt 
IMO VSS is bad without attachements and OK with them. Have one, but prefer L96+P266 Smile
Worst thing about it that shotguns/AR's are better in CQC and SR's are better for long range... what is the niche/role of VSS?

[Image: Dozjl.png]

I love Myanmar and G3.
50/4 best score, 46 best killstreak yet.
Profile.
09-05-2012, 12:14 PM | Post: #60
Offline =recon-mo= 
all the guns have OP recoil is dumb the guns arent even controllable anymore thats why i quit, the attachments only help with horizontle recoil not veticle ... verticle is permanantly nerfed, no way of effectively reducing it.

[Image: battlefield-3-signaturen-fanart-battlefi...3a9m6d.jpg]