Hello There, Guest!

31-12-2010, 06:36 PM | Post: #1
Offline Ironhide97 
Exclamation Old topic was closed due to my mistake, sorry. This is a petition for a class selection screen like the ones in BF2, BC2, BF2142 when you die etc... Please sign.Exclamation

Please copy and paste this in your signature to link to the class selection screen petition:

Code:
[url=http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=7298]Class Selection Screen Petition[/url]

/signed

100 signs reached!
150 signs reached!
200 signs reached!
OFFICIAL RESPONSE
250 signs reached!

IM NOT VERY ACTIVE SO PLEASE KEEPED THIS BUMPED AND PLEASE EXCUSE IF THE TOTAL IS NOT UPDATED THANK YOU ALSO, PLEASE TYPE "/sign" TO SIGN.

EDIT:Ok, many people seem to disagree with me, so ill add arguments as to why we need this.

Case 1
You join a game full of assualts and medics. You're losing and trying to capture the nearest piont to your current one, but a tank is camping there and has taken out all visible Rocket turrets. He also has a light tank with him, and is an engineer. What can you do? Nothing. Unless we can switch classes when we die, then any attempt is futile.

Thank you

Class Selection

I was banned for 1 week apparently for "promoting the use of hacks" All I done was identify the link between higher prices and hacking Is that a crime? I have never used a hack in this game before (This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 12:42 PM by Ironhide97.)
31-12-2010, 06:43 PM | Post: #2
Offline Ironhide97 
Also, technically, the old thread:

"[PETITION] CLASS SELECTION SCREEN (14 signatures, OFFICIAL RESPONSE REQUESTED)"

was not in ALL caps, and, as it says in the rules:

"You don't need to add our name(s) in your thread title, nor use all CAPS to get our attention."

emphasis on ALL.

Thank you

Class Selection

I was banned for 1 week apparently for "promoting the use of hacks" All I done was identify the link between higher prices and hacking Is that a crime? I have never used a hack in this game before
31-12-2010, 06:57 PM | Post: #3
Offline Diobot 
This isn't one of those games... The Devs want to make a Modern FPS version of BFH and in BFH there wasn't class selection in-game so I don't think there will be one in this game... For me it's indiferent.

[Image: EasyTrollsBFP4F1.png]
01-01-2011, 06:13 PM | Post: #4
Offline Ironhide97 
bump to keep on front page

Class Selection

I was banned for 1 week apparently for "promoting the use of hacks" All I done was identify the link between higher prices and hacking Is that a crime? I have never used a hack in this game before
01-01-2011, 06:23 PM | Post: #5
Offline Vault_Dweller 
/sing to be able to change between characters on the deathscreen

Even something as simple as launching a browser first can be a significant enough obstacle that a bored player might decide to play something that's on his desktop instead - Rox360
01-01-2011, 06:31 PM | Post: #6
Offline Trephneor 
/signed

Oh, yeah, I'm in.
Blush
01-01-2011, 06:32 PM | Post: #7
Offline ChiLPhiL 
/sign ,in this game you need it, bfh is a complete different game in my eyes (and I played it since the closed beta!)
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011 06:35 PM by ChiLPhiL.)
01-01-2011, 10:05 PM | Post: #8
Offline Vijuaru 
can you give some reasons as to why we need a class selection screen? Besides the whole adapting to the battlefield reason. Anyone can just say they want this or they want that.

IMO; i don't see the need, if people worked together there wouldn't be a need to change classes
01-01-2011, 10:13 PM | Post: #9
Offline Vault_Dweller 
(01-01-2011 10:05 PM)Etrius Wrote:  IMO; i don't see the need, if people worked together there wouldn't be a need to change classes
Dude, IMO: unless they know eachother they will not work together. Changing between characters is needed.

Even something as simple as launching a browser first can be a significant enough obstacle that a bored player might decide to play something that's on his desktop instead - Rox360
01-01-2011, 10:50 PM | Post: #10
Offline Noobz 
How come these people find the wrong section to spam thiese topics?

The more you learn, the more you know.
The more you know, the more you forget.
The more you forget, the less you know.
So.. why learn?
01-01-2011, 11:24 PM | Post: #11
Offline Vijuaru 
(01-01-2011 10:13 PM)DannyT251 Wrote:  
(01-01-2011 10:05 PM)Etrius Wrote:  IMO; i don't see the need, if people worked together there wouldn't be a need to change classes
Dude, IMO: unless they know eachother they will not work together. Changing between characters is needed.

and this is a game based around teamwork isn't it? Even if its a bunch of randoms it forces people to work together
01-01-2011, 11:58 PM | Post: #12
Offline Vault_Dweller 
(01-01-2011 11:24 PM)Etrius Wrote:  

and this is a game based around teamwork isn't it? Even if its a bunch of randoms it forces people to work together
Ohhh that's so sweet...but really, it never works...it may work in games which people have to buy for MP like other battlefield games, but this is free...most of the people who wouldn't buy the game are going to pick recon because snipers are "cool" and sit on the roof on the building and they won't give two shits about some flags or teamwork.

02-01-2011, 02:04 AM | Post: #13
Offline Ironhide97 
if your team has no method of killing tanks(eg no engineers) then your team will be dominated by tanks.if you have no assualts, you will run out ammo. if we have a class selection screen, none of these problems would persist.

Class Selection

02-01-2011, 02:05 AM | Post: #14
Offline Ironhide97 
(01-01-2011 10:50 PM)OneMember Wrote:  How come these people find the wrong section to spam thiese topics?

You got a better section to put this in?, Also spam would mean these topics come over and over again, but this is only the second one because the old one was closed.

"Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately." Wikipedia

I see no 'bulk' amount of these topics, do you?

Class Selection

I was banned for 1 week apparently for "promoting the use of hacks" All I done was identify the link between higher prices and hacking Is that a crime? I have never used a hack in this game before (This post was last modified: 02-01-2011 02:12 AM by Ironhide97.)
02-01-2011, 02:07 AM | Post: #15
Offline Ironhide97 
(01-01-2011 11:58 PM)DannyT251 Wrote:  
(01-01-2011 11:24 PM)Etrius Wrote:  

Ohhh that's so sweet...but really, it never works...it may work in games which people have to buy for MP like other battlefield games, but this is free...most of the people who wouldn't buy the game are going to pick recon because snipers are "cool" and sit on the roof on the building and they won't give two shits about some flags or teamwork.

I totally agree with, just because it is based around teamwork it doesn't force you to work as a team.

Class Selection

02-01-2011, 02:43 AM | Post: #16
Offline chaos~theory 
/signed
02-01-2011, 02:50 AM | Post: #17
Offline MrGoliath 
/signed
02-01-2011, 06:15 AM | Post: #18
Offline trash_fox 
/signed this will be undoubtedly helpful
02-01-2011, 06:29 AM | Post: #19
Offline Freeborn-BR 
/sign