Hello There, Guest!

26-03-2012, 12:39 AM | Post: #21
Offline Daftpunk9050 
This game is still good. I have to admit that. I am not saying that it is not. I like the maps. I wanted to know if I am maybe thinking about it the wrong way or if others share the same opinion about it.
I didn't know that you can use holo sight on other rifles. Makes sense.
26-03-2012, 12:44 AM | Post: #22
Offline BuckTester 
(26-03-2012 12:25 AM)Daftpunk9050 Wrote:  What was wrong with BF3 for you? I played it on PS3 and it was the best fps I ever played.

Well, first thing I have to say is that the systems specs for BF3 are a bit over the top. I can't really run it on anything but the lowest settings. That isn't the games fault though, but I won't buy a new computer just for one game. That's not really an issue with the game though.

I also did play it more in the Alpha- and Closed Beta-phase than in the actual live game so my opinion might be a bit biased.

I absolutely loathe any shooter that has any kind of prone in it. Prone is ok for games which doesn't promote the kind of fast-paced gameplay a shooter provides. Ghost Recon and those types of games need prone, a generic FPS doesn't in my opinion. It only promotes camping.

This might be related to the graphics issue but I can't even see my enemies in BF3. Before you put that off entirely to the graphics, I have to say that I had similar issues with BC2 to be honest. You may put that off to me being older than the target group of the game however that shouldn't really matter.

The lethality in BF3 is a lot harsher than in this game and, in my opinion, that makes it less fun. Once someone starts shooting you, you're most likely already dead. That's something I like about this game and the changes made to it lately (dec 20 come to mind), the lethality of weapons has been toned down a bit.

(26-03-2012 12:39 AM)Daftpunk9050 Wrote:  This game is still good. I have to admit that. I am not saying that it is not. I like the maps. I wanted to know if I am maybe thinking about it the wrong way or if others share the same opinion about it.
I didn't know that you can use holo sight on other rifles. Makes sense.
Any attachment you purchase permanently can be used on any primary weapon you purchase on that soldier so if you purchase for example CQC-ammo permanently and then purchase a new weapon you can equip the ammo-attachment to that new weapon.

EDIT: Another thing I dislike about BF3 is the web-dependency of that game. The fact that you start P4F through the web is one thing, however BF3 has the whole joining process web-based which is bad in my opinion. I could accept starting the game from the web as we do here but I want the standard in-game menus. Having that said, I do dislike the whole web-start feature of P4F as well.

EDIT: I didn't mean to come off as rude but the amount of whining you see on these forums you get rather jaded after a while.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 12:50 AM by BuckTester.)
26-03-2012, 01:38 AM | Post: #23
Offline BlacknBlue2 
I invested some money and now its called +3 Scar-L and I feel sorry to have spent money on this game, and now its just not as fun with all the nerfs and buffs etc. Though I still buy some bundles that I like that are cheap. In other words, I could just give this game up and play something else and then I'll be saying to myself, "I can't believe I wasted that money on a game I don't play anymore" or I could keep playing and hope that EA will bring things up-to-date with all this robbing. I bought the Scar-L because of its damage and other. But now that anybody can just buy it whenever, I feel really cheated.

Scar-l +3 is still better than any assault weapons. I'll play for a little longer...But not for just my assault, but my recon who has the jet stuff maxed in training and I love bombing several vehicles and wing-clipping enemies Smile
26-03-2012, 03:23 AM | Post: #24
Offline Awesomeface 
(25-03-2012 11:44 PM)Daftpunk9050 Wrote:  Hi Guys,

I would like to know what motivates you to stay and play this game?

It's easy to jump in a game and play quick. I never thought BF3 that fun really. I play Team fortress 2 also - and let me say that's some quality game design there, but that's more of a commitment to sit and play.

I find that many people just pump money into the game and that's just foolish. Maybe 10-20 bucks once a year and your good. They key is to focus on one soldier really, and make him flexible. That's how this game is designed.
26-03-2012, 07:03 AM | Post: #25
Offline FirstLineRecon 
Computer can't handle it. If I had wireless internet, I'd be playing CoD on my PS3 24/7, but unfortunately I don't.

(This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 07:03 AM by FirstLineRecon.)
26-03-2012, 07:41 AM | Post: #26
Offline GITUP_STINKYFART 
(25-03-2012 11:31 PM)Daftpunk9050 Wrote:  Hi Guys,

I would like to know what motivates you to stay and play this game?

I think that the prices for the guns are extremely unreasonable when you compare buck/fun ratio with BF3 or even better BF2.
I tried to play this but It looks like I will have to spend all the credits on renting equipment. Is that how majority of ppl work here?
I am definitely not spending 20 bucks to buy couple of rifles and with some scope, for that money I can buy a whole game in a completely different league. And using sponsorpay with your personal details you are just asking for trouble.

Or am I just missing something?

Let me know how it works for you. But for the moment it looks like I will be leaving soon.
Well thats an easy one ...bf3 fails as a bf title . Damn non vets
26-03-2012, 08:16 AM | Post: #27
Offline [OG]Darkness 
my crappy PC at my moms home and my suckingness at BF3 made me come back
(this game is like a singleplayer on easy whil BF3 is hardcore mode)

Join the Old Guys (18+)

[Image: darkog.png]

" I beseech thee, shed thy beauty"
26-03-2012, 08:48 AM | Post: #28
Offline HomeSen 
(26-03-2012 12:17 AM)Daftpunk9050 Wrote:  
(26-03-2012 12:13 AM)StarStruck3 Wrote:  http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=72584
You don't need to post the same thing in different sections, we'll find it fine either way Tongue
I posted this one under Tutorials by mistake, hence the other thread as well. MOD pls close this one.

/Merged and moved (too lazy busy to sanitize it Wink )

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

26-03-2012, 10:34 AM | Post: #29
Offline trollbob2 
crappy computer if i could get battlefield 3 i would
26-03-2012, 11:09 AM | Post: #30
Offline Asmedeercon 
I'll be honest, I play this because it's free...
26-03-2012, 11:09 AM | Post: #31
Offline ~PipooH~ 
I just playing it because its free and because i like battlefield(also because i only own a laptop atm soon upgrading PC for BF3) <3. Other games are more based on fast action and fragging, here u can choise what u do and how ur not forced to go frag with teamwork u can get even more points than the fraggers out there.

About the games cost to much, its your own choise how much and how often u want to spend money on this game. I never spended any € in here and yet i own 3 perm sniper rifles, a set of attachments, 4 soldiers and 1 perm primairy on each soldier. Most done with sponserpay(waiting for good deals) and credits.
If u want to be greedy and want in 1 week a perm primairy + secundairy and maybe a full set of attachments than yes u need to go pay for it, there are ways u can get free items if u willing to wait for it.

The thing i miss in here are good deals, there are nearly no good deals with primairy + attachment set or a primairy + secundairy etc. This way people do make profit and yet €Asy get there money.
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 11:11 AM by ~PipooH~.)
26-03-2012, 11:35 AM | Post: #32
Offline :)..._----55 
I stay here, because I gave alot of money to this game

26-03-2012, 12:27 PM | Post: #33
Offline PETRY 
(25-03-2012 11:40 PM)Daftpunk9050 Wrote:  
(25-03-2012 11:36 PM)PETRY Wrote:  Youre not wrong.
I believe the problem is EA, and not the game.
What happened on that day? What lesson have you learned about EA? Big Grin

Well, im not gonna tell you all the story, just the basic short version.
We spent real money on products which should "Last forever", like it says on the Purchase History page.
EA destroyed our products, and gave us the +3 version.
EA used technicalities in the EUALA, Terms of Service, etc, to justify its immoral conduct.
Now, if we want the weapons like they were before, like when we paid for the "permanent", "lasts forever" weapons, we have to pay again, for the attachments.

In another words, EA is trying to make us pay twice for the our already paid weapons.

Thats why I dont spend money with EA produtcs anymore.
I was about to buy Medal Of Honor Warfighter, and maybe, just maybe Battlefield 3. But now im back(to BFP4F), and I saw what they did to us.

26-03-2012, 12:31 PM | Post: #34
Offline Cloud90PL 
mostly its math:
70>30

[Image: cloudfpssig.jpg]

why do I even care.......
26-03-2012, 12:49 PM | Post: #35
Offline BlacknBlue2 
(26-03-2012 12:27 PM)PETRY Wrote:  
(25-03-2012 11:40 PM)Daftpunk9050 Wrote:  
(25-03-2012 11:36 PM)PETRY Wrote:  Youre not wrong.
I believe the problem is EA, and not the game.
What happened on that day? What lesson have you learned about EA? Big Grin

Well, im not gonna tell you all the story, just the basic short version.
We spent real money on products which should "Last forever", like it says on the Purchase History page.
EA destroyed our products, and gave us the +3 version.
EA used technicalities in the EUALA, Terms of Service, etc, to justify its immoral conduct.
Now, if we want the weapons like they were before, like when we paid for the "permanent", "lasts forever" weapons, we have to pay again, for the attachments.

In another words, EA is trying to make us pay twice for the our already paid weapons.

Thats why I dont spend money with EA produtcs anymore.
I was about to buy Medal Of Honor Warfighter, and maybe, just maybe Battlefield 3. But now im back(to BFP4F), and I saw what they did to us.

i agree. EAsy cheated us +3'ers out of our money.
27-03-2012, 10:09 PM | Post: #36
Offline Daftpunk9050 
OK guys, so I am back.

I installed and played BF3 today and have kind of mixed feelings. It is a beautiful game. I played it on xbox, ps3 and PC now. I think the easiest to play is on xbox and toughest is on PC. All my friends are bit*hing about the controller saying that it's lot better with mouse. The fact is it's a lot easier to play with controller.

When I compare the fun I had today with BF3 and this 4free version I can not really say that it was better. These games will still be for me about teamplay. If the team does not work together I will simply not enjoy it. I can see now why ppl are playing this game and due to the fact that BF3 PC lacks voice support (apart from the web app that you have to set up in advance) I think I will be playing this 4free version a lot too.

The graphics of the 4free version is OK for me all I need to find now is a clan that uses voice so I can properly enjoy it.

I can understand now why ppl are playing this game and I will be playing it too. IMO this game matches BF3 in lots of aspects. What I like about BF3 and miss here is that you can adjust your weapon and class on the fly as the situation needs it (between respawns obviously).
27-03-2012, 10:21 PM | Post: #37
Offline ErichSturmovik 
in bf3 you cant pay more money to have better stuff than all the poor people.

[Image: fixed1.jpg]
27-03-2012, 10:27 PM | Post: #38
Offline Chef9000 
I have both and play both. The gameplay here feels a bit faster, ideal when I'm playing alone. But the squad system and graphics of BF3 are epic! This is also lighter on the head, don't have to think about moves and tactics a lot.

In the end it all comes down to what I feel like doing that evening Smile

[Image: Chef9000.png]
27-03-2012, 10:38 PM | Post: #39
Offline road-runn3r 
(27-03-2012 10:09 PM)Daftpunk9050 Wrote:  I can understand now why ppl are playing this game and I will be playing it too. IMO this game matches BF3 in lots of aspects. What I like about BF3 and miss here is that you can adjust your weapon and class on the fly as the situation needs it (between respawns obviously).

Seems weird to say it but this game is actually a better first person shooter to me. I don't consider prone and bush hugging fps features so that's enough for me to dislike bf3. (there is a lot more I don't like in bf3 though) The graphics/physics are cool to have but just that and anyway if the cool graphics hurt your eyes making it difficult to locate the enemies screw that. The main things missing here imo are the squad system and loadouts.

27-03-2012, 10:51 PM | Post: #40
Offline Spinal-Tap-UK 
I have come from playing 3 years in Combat Arms. I brought BF2 last year and my PC hated it, crashed, lag, invisible players, sometimes just saw a pair of glasses running around. I have a good g-card since then but no plans to go to BF2. I play this 'cos i jump in and out when i want, believe it or not i find the community pretty good and on medium graphics my pc loves it.

I have probably spent around £40 total and have all i need now. But i work and for me that is nothing. This is much cheaper than many others out there imo. Also what people forget is that this will always be here in this format one way or another. How many people have actually gone out and brought all the BF games in one format or another. BF4 comes out you'll all be buying that, so in the long run this for me is cheaper.

Graphics arn't everything for me, it's the game play i like. Even space invaders can still be fun and look how crap that was..lol.