Hello There, Guest!

29-02-2012, 09:50 PM | Post: #1
Offline SirSniper 
So now that i'm close to 12k C i'm wondering should i spam hellfires at ppl for few more months and buy the m14. Or rather spam hellfires for few more years and buy m24/Gol ?

What do you think?

EDIT://
/Sarcasm - tag added, because it seems really no one grasped it Dodgy
(This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 11:09 PM by SirSniper.)
29-02-2012, 10:02 PM | Post: #2
Offline Strac.CRO 
I tried M14 for 150c/day without attachment and didn't like it very much but it was OK.
However they said some weapons will get some tuning (SVD-A?, VSS?, M14?). I don't know if tuning will also bring higher prices .... M14 = 17.500->45.000 ?

[Image: journeyv.jpg]

29-02-2012, 10:04 PM | Post: #3
Offline 2Bad 
i got it
its more of a fun weapon then a combat weapon, i use it mostly to annoy pepole

[Image: rh0q7xbct4a9lbgerr8g.jpg]
29-02-2012, 10:13 PM | Post: #4
Offline [HB]Akanto 
Well, its cool to use, but very difficult, too. I personally suck with it, but I have much fun. (Got it for credits, too)

[Image: 9iu6zq8c.png]

29-02-2012, 10:15 PM | Post: #5
Offline packman627 
m24

29-02-2012, 10:27 PM | Post: #6
Offline TaxManD 
it has pretty high recoil, even with the best attachments, with practice it can be good, but tbh M24 is more useful.

29-02-2012, 10:40 PM | Post: #7
Offline 0utburst 
In my opinion, the M14 is the best semi auto sniper rifle at short range sniping at the moment. I get good KD ratio even with just renting it. (no attachments)

+ Highest rate of fire
+ Good hipfire accuracy
+ no bullet trail

M110 - I suck at it. I regret buying the iron man kit.

@EAsy on our Legacy Weapons/Attachments:
NERF for the sake of balance is ACCEPTABLE. REMOVAL without proper replacements or refund is NOT!

Meanwhile, I am having so much fun playing Ghost Recon Online. Tongue
29-02-2012, 10:53 PM | Post: #8
Offline Seljacina 
I play mostly with semi-automatic sniper rifles, I have all of them (on another account though), M14 is the worst semi-automatic sniper rifle, yes, even the price says that.

If you prefer semi-automatic SR's I recommend you to wait, earn 45.000 credits and buy M110.
M14, SVD and M110 are pretty much useless without extra ammo and they are not to fun play with if you can't "spray" bullets and you have to "spray" a lot with them, they are like pistol with scope.

It's really a tough decision when you get 45.000 credits not to take M24, but I'm pretty much sure they will buff semi-automatic SR's in near future since NOBODY plays with them, nobody buys them, nobody prefer playing with them. They'll have to buff them and make them more dangerous if they want to sell any.

So, keep playing and wait what will be, you won't do anything epic by buying M14 and you won't miss anything by not buying it.

Also, if you play about 2 hours a day, you can get 45.000 credits within a month or less.

[Image: uberseljacina.jpg]
29-02-2012, 10:53 PM | Post: #9
Offline SirSniper 
Fascinating.
Guess you know sarcasm when you hear it huh.

Quote:Also, if you play about 2 hours a day, you can get 45.000 credits within a month or less.

So.. uhmm.. yeah.. aha, something's wrong with my playing, meaby not enough hellfires spam Confused
Or i shouldn't rent anything, bandages are expensive these days >.> (haven't bought it for few months actually tbh).
I thought i don't have a life, but that just doesn't help it Dodgy
(This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 11:00 PM by SirSniper.)
29-02-2012, 11:15 PM | Post: #10
Offline Vimaire 
It's my main weapon, i love it. good for harassing people (no bullet trail) but hard to masterise at the beginning. 3-4 shots to kill. Very fun to play with but don't expect being the best recon. It's semi auto but my advices are : aim the head (oviously) and don't harass the trigger. (my other weapons are M110+3 and m95+3 enhanced scope.

Beranger : Recon
Calhagan : Engineer
Belgian coffee time : a cigarette, a coffee, a sniper rifle.
[Image: banniere+2010-3.jpg]

It's a sniper scope, dude. And i like it.
29-02-2012, 11:26 PM | Post: #11
Offline TaxManD 
it's not an easy weapon, I was really getting decent with it before I reach recon lv 25, then I siwtch class, guns in other class are so much easier to adapt, but going back to recon, to get good at the m14 it'd take time again.

01-03-2012, 12:24 AM | Post: #12
Online Ghostrider0067 
(29-02-2012 10:53 PM)Seljacina Wrote:  I play mostly with semi-automatic sniper rifles, I have all of them (on another account though), M14 is the worst semi-automatic sniper rifle, yes, even the price says that.

If you prefer semi-automatic SR's I recommend you to wait, earn 45.000 credits and buy M110.
M14, SVD and M110 are pretty much useless without extra ammo and they are not to fun play with if you can't "spray" bullets and you have to "spray" a lot with them, they are like pistol with scope.

Sounds to me like you need more practice. I do rather well and often better than most with the lowly M14.

That said, you shouldn't be "spraying" bullets unless you're firing full auto with an LMG or assault rifle. If you need to spray to drop targets, you're playing the wrong class. Period.

[Image: 391560_4337901687061_1154472848_n.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 12:31 AM by Ghostrider0067.)
01-03-2012, 12:43 AM | Post: #13
Offline Seljacina 
(29-02-2012 10:53 PM)SirSniper Wrote:  Fascinating.
Guess you know sarcasm when you hear it huh.

Quote:Also, if you play about 2 hours a day, you can get 45.000 credits within a month or less.

So.. uhmm.. yeah.. aha, something's wrong with my playing, meaby not enough hellfires spam Confused
Or i shouldn't rent anything, bandages are expensive these days >.> (haven't bought it for few months actually tbh).
I thought i don't have a life, but that just doesn't help it Dodgy

1. If you rent weapons and play 2-3 hours a day, that's another story. Of course you can't earn 45k credits in a month.
2. You should visit forums more often because in the last couple of months we received enough of free BF's (mostly from BFH) and you could buy: 1 weapon, 1 attachment (or 1 more weapon) and you could buy some outfit with them. You missed the "party", it's your fault. I can't remember exactly, but it was about 2800 new BF's...
3. So, checking the forums for 5 minutes every day is more useful than hellfiring and not having a life.

01-03-2012, 01:03 AM | Post: #14
Offline Seljacina 
(01-03-2012 12:24 AM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  
(29-02-2012 10:53 PM)Seljacina Wrote:  I play mostly with semi-automatic sniper rifles, I have all of them (on another account though), M14 is the worst semi-automatic sniper rifle, yes, even the price says that.

Sounds to me like you need more practice. I do rather well and often better than most with the lowly M14.

That said, you shouldn't be "spraying" bullets unless you're firing full auto with an LMG or assault rifle. If you need to spray to drop targets, you're playing the wrong class. Period.

Sounds to me you didn't understand anything I said. When I say "spraying" with semi-automatic SR I mean shooting/firing fast, really fast. If you have still target you go for a headshot and 2 body shots (it depends if he'll start to move or stand still). If the target is running, you need to "spray" since you need 4-5 fast shots to take target down and there is a big chance you'll miss 1-2 shots (if he tries to dodge the bullets, jumping and moving left and right). Since advantage of
semi-automatic SR's are their ROF trying to make headshots is just slowing you down, especially if the target is running. You "spray" 3-5 fast bodyshots, target down.

Connecting LMG or any other automatic rifle spraying with semi-automatic sniper rifle is utter nonsense and that's why I put quotation marks on spraying. Period.

01-03-2012, 01:17 AM | Post: #15
Online Ghostrider0067 
(01-03-2012 01:03 AM)Seljacina Wrote:  

Sounds to me you didn't understand anything I said. When I say "spraying" with semi-automatic SR I mean shooting/firing fast, really fast. If you have still target you go for a headshot and 2 body shots (it depends if he'll start to move or stand still). If the target is running, you need to "spray" since you need 4-5 fast shots to take target down and there is a big chance you'll miss 1-2 shots (if he tries to dodge the bullets, jumping and moving left and right). Since advantage of
semi-automatic SR's are their ROF trying to make headshots is just slowing you down, especially if the target is running. You "spray" 3-5 fast bodyshots, target down.

Connecting LMG or any other automatic rifle spraying with semi-automatic sniper rifle is utter nonsense and that's why I put quotation marks on spraying. Period.

There's a rather significant difference between "spraying" and firing precise shots in quick succession. If you're firing that quickly at a ranged target, you're doing it wrong. Despite the nature of these weapons, they cannot accurately hit a moving target when fired in the manner in which you speak. Best to make your shots count and fire them in a fairly quick cadence instead of just firing wildly and hoping you put shots on the mark.

Your word selection was poor in that sense, but I see your point all the same. Connecting "spraying" with LMGs and assault rifles is a logical correlation, quotations or not. Make your point succinct and leave no room for ambiguity.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 01:20 AM by Ghostrider0067.)
01-03-2012, 03:02 AM | Post: #16
Offline Sgt_Kowalski 
(01-03-2012 01:17 AM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 01:03 AM)Seljacina Wrote:  

There's a rather significant difference between "spraying" and firing precise shots in quick succession. If you're firing that quickly at a ranged target, you're doing it wrong. Despite the nature of these weapons, they cannot accurately hit a moving target when fired in the manner in which you speak. Best to make your shots count and fire them in a fairly quick cadence instead of just firing wildly and hoping you put shots on the mark.

Your word selection was poor in that sense, but I see your point all the same. Connecting "spraying" with LMGs and assault rifles is a logical correlation, quotations or not. Make your point succinct and leave no room for ambiguity.

Shooting with semi-automatic SR's compared to shooting with bolt action SR's is "spraying". Since you have to aim with semi-automatic SR for every shot there's no room for thinking that "spraying" in the context I mentioned it can be connected to spraying with automatic weapons (shooting all over the place). It can be connected, put in correlation, only by narrow minded people and I believe that 99,99% of all people can understand what I meant by "spraying".

I think you got it all wrong. The most common mistake people make playing with semi-automatic SR's is that they shoot too slowly, 1-2 shots per second instead 3-4 giving a chance to the enemy to react, turn around and shoot at them and most of the times killed them, especially when they go against Recon who has a bolt action SR (his one headshot - you are dead). You should always go for a headshot, then 2-4 fast body shots (less aiming = less time) not giving him a time to react, it depends of a situation...the best scenario is 2 headshots. Since semi-automatic SR's make small damage the WHOLE POINT of using them successfully is to fire as fast as you can because the only advantage you have is their ROF.

If you can't handle them, if you are slow, slow at aiming, slow at firing, you are doing it all wrong and you'll suck with them always.

Also, don't start me with the right use of words since English is not my native language, I speak 6 different languages and remembering all the fancy words is a waste of time for me.

Edit: I wrote this from another account...obviously.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 03:03 AM by Sgt_Kowalski.)
01-03-2012, 03:17 AM | Post: #17
Offline Stinkyfingers 
The M14 is an elite weapon, in that you have to be very, very talented to make it work for you. I use it because it's a challenge.

In this it differs from weapons with the word "elite" in their title, which are designed for people who suck.

[Image: Smell_Em.png]
01-03-2012, 03:21 AM | Post: #18
Offline TaxManD 
(01-03-2012 03:17 AM)Stinkyfingers Wrote:  The M14 is an elite weapon, in that you have to be very, very talented to make it work for you. I use it because it's a challenge.

In this it differs from weapons with the word "elite" in their title, which are designed for people who suck.
haha true, I always chuckle when I see "elite USAS".

01-03-2012, 03:28 AM | Post: #19
Online Ghostrider0067 
(01-03-2012 03:02 AM)Sgt_Kowalski Wrote:  Shooting with semi-automatic SR's compared to shooting with bolt action SR's is "spraying". Since you have to aim with semi-automatic SR for every shot there's no room for thinking that "spraying" in the context I mentioned it can be connected to spraying with automatic weapons (shooting all over the place). It can be connected, put in correlation, only by narrow minded people and I believe that 99,99% of all people can understand what I meant by "spraying".

So I see you're resorting to name calling now since I called you out on your word choice. No matter.

(01-03-2012 03:02 AM)Sgt_Kowalski Wrote:  I think you got it all wrong. The most common mistake people make playing with semi-automatic SR's is that they shoot too slowly, 1-2 shots per second instead 3-4 giving a chance to the enemy to react, turn around and shoot at them and most of the times killed them, especially when they go against Recon who has a bolt action SR (his one headshot - you are dead). You should always go for a headshot, then 2-4 fast body shots (less aiming = less time) not giving him a time to react, it depends of a situation...the best scenario is 2 headshots. Since semi-automatic SR's make small damage the WHOLE POINT of using them successfully is to fire as fast as you can because the only advantage you have is their ROF.

I understood your point. While I may not fire off a whole slew of rounds at my enemy in hopes that some of them hit, I fire enough of them at a rapid enough rate to put them down. It's about making those shots count, and I do the best I can to maximize what little damage my weapons does when compared to all others.

(01-03-2012 03:02 AM)Sgt_Kowalski Wrote:  If you can't handle them, if you are slow, slow at aiming, slow at firing, you are doing it all wrong and you'll suck with them always.

Agreed. Neither this rifle nor the others like it are for everyone. It takes skill to be effective; it takes patience to be accurate; and it takes timing, in addition to the other two, to be lethal.

(01-03-2012 03:02 AM)Sgt_Kowalski Wrote:  Also, don't start me with the right use of words since English is not my native language, I speak 6 different languages and remembering all the fancy words is a waste of time for me.

Edit: I wrote this from another account...obviously.

I was unaware that English was not your primary language. As such, forgive me for the misunderstanding in that regard as I had no way of knowing to the contrary.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 03:29 AM by Ghostrider0067.)
01-03-2012, 03:36 AM | Post: #20
Offline Infil 
Tell me what your style of play is.
I made a text document with each recon weapon with it's best possible customizations specifically for Oman. IIRC I thought the M110 was better because of accuracy.. that was about it..

I would honestly wait to get the GOL..