Hello There, Guest!

02-03-2012, 05:07 PM | Post: #21
Offline [TA]Stufa 
^ Use "stops" and such next time, it's annoying to read, but it doesn't mean it's unreadable Tongue

Anyway, I still don't get why so much crying, we've been told they're gonna nerf them and also, who the duck cares if they ban USAS in private servers?

[Image: va6Fai8.png]
02-03-2012, 06:05 PM | Post: #22
Offline St0mpy 
(02-03-2012 04:55 AM)[L3]De[v] Wrote:  "I don't see any problem, If you are paying for the server you can disallow any weapon you like, Best of luck"

this is also what both our server providers told us when we raised the same question regarding boosted mortar ... its your server, you can restrict whatever weapons you wish
02-03-2012, 07:03 PM | Post: #23
Offline [MIA]Axias 
/Ban ALL weapons except spotter gun.
/Medics win?

Yes the old mortar was crazy OP. I applaud servers who banned it and I respected bans. But had my fun with it too where it was allowed. But, compared to the old mortars, shotties are a non-issue.

Here's the rub: A universally available weapon CAN'T be OP. How can you call 'everyone' OP? What it really sounds like when people say 'ban shotties' is that they simply don't or can't use them. If everyone has one, how is that so unfair? (And again, the SAIGA will trump USAS one vs one).

The real problem is the people who want to roll with their cqc ammo, vet+3, precision barrel and stock, etc., who can't stand that a stock shotgun will OP them at close-med range and more importantly: they can't STAND the fact that someone, of less overall skills, might be able to eliminate them with said weapon.

The more I think about this, the more I WANT dedicated servers with weapon bans. If you can't handle the heat: GT*OTF. -Have a haven for people who can't stand a particular weapon. Do you think, then, Finally, the qq will stop?
03-03-2012, 03:59 AM | Post: #24
Offline TaxManD 
(02-03-2012 04:26 PM)[MIA]Axias Wrote:  How do you think EA would feel if you said Boosters were bannable? You don't think their tune would change?

And what's next? Ban grenades? How about the rocket airburst? How about anything that can take out more than one person?

When you make it hard for one person to take out multiple it just devolves into a gang-fest. It's boring. Go play a giant robot game if that interests you.

Here's the truth about USAS: It lets newbs play the game easier, and it lets elite players absolutely massacre at times.

Stop turning this into battlefield heroes: 5-10 shots to score a kill? How unrealistic do people want this game? Or do they just hate it that someone didnt go and buy every gun attachment and can still play the game?

Bottom line: if you are at the point where you are making a server just to ban shotties = you fail.

USAS=available to all classes
SAIGA pwns it 1vs1
All medium range weaps own it at medium+ range

There are soo many other aspects of this game that are unbalanced that choosing to ban just two shotties is ridiculous.

/rant over.
lol stop crying, OP stuffs should get balanced, otherwise every noobs will have USAS and nade boosters.

03-03-2012, 04:13 AM | Post: #25
Offline [TCP]crazycanuk4 
Wow players on my server now are are demanding me to kick Shotties... I only kick the ones that I see run by flags that they cud have capped but went for kills instead.. Sad but true...

[Image: HONEYBADGER.jpg]