Hello There, Guest!

19-02-2012, 08:20 AM | Post: #61
Offline Strac.CRO 
Not remove, not even nerf.
Make their's nature more "realistic" but compressed into game "realism boundaries".

[Image: journeyv.jpg]

19-02-2012, 09:45 AM | Post: #62
Offline izif 
dont nerf helis just make RPGs hit tagged helis that all we need

19-02-2012, 10:52 AM | Post: #63
Offline Mithaniel 
Speaking as one of the helo pilots mentioned - ahem - we are a bit OP. I don't think there needs to be ANYTHING done to the weapons on board the choppers. They need to take a bit more damage from every crew mounted weapon. The 4 wheeled vehicles should do as previously stated - 8 to 10 per bullet. 4 vehicles should shred any chopper. Choppers go down very easy in real life. Ever been on one going down? I have. Ever see 13 combat ready Marines almost awesome themselves? I have. Those are some awesome vehicles - i do love them - and hanging by a rope from them - and repelling etc. from them - but they go down with enough lead in the skin. They should here too. boost the bullet damage vs. helos from vehicles. 3 or 4 per shot is a joke. Should be 8 to 10 and maybe even some 12 crits.

The Overpowered part isn't the weapons and the rate of fire - it's the fact they they can withstand almost any damage.
19-02-2012, 12:04 PM | Post: #64
Offline Strac.CRO 
(19-02-2012 10:52 AM)Mithaniel Wrote:  ...Choppers go down very easy in real life....

The Overpowered part isn't the weapons and the rate of fire - it's the fact they they can withstand almost any damage.

My point exactly. Attack helicopters don't behave like slow flying jets above map (mouse-physics), bomb-diving with hellfires.

They fly "off" map in lay-low cover:
- shooting hellfires on highlighted=traced enemie armour (mostly, because some hellfires are HE-blast and some HEAT versions)
- IFF doesn't detect infantry
- their armour is weak so surviving 2 direct hits by tank's cannon with armour-booster is "too much"
- main weapon is 20-30mm auto-cannon which in this game is useless.

[Image: journeyv.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 01:46 PM by Strac.CRO.)
19-02-2012, 12:23 PM | Post: #65
Offline SirSniper 
Heh, it's funny how i think nerfing heli armor would be a bad idea, and shortly after that i remind myself that i almost always fly without heli armor booster, and it's even reasonably priced (350C for a 1 day is a good <and by good i mean anything over that (even 1C) would be stupid) price).
And imo heli weapons need some buffing.
Buff gunner and give IFF to gunner and i'll have more fun flying and everyone will be complaining how heli is UP, you'll see.

Edit://
And one more thing. You may have problems with hitting helis with traced rpgs, but did you know using flares while being traced won't work most of the time? And that tracer alarm doesn't sound most of the time? And even if i pop flares after hearing tracer hit sound (that's the way of finding you were traced from CB times) it can still be too late.

So overally it's more about lags, bugs, bad syncing and memory leaks/hogging more than about something being UP or OP.

Edit2://
In CB you could kill an APC with 5 rockets and tank with 7, but ppl were complaining about AAs range (on Oman as it was the only map with helis) saying that they can't fly. And from what i remember AA range was close or even the same as it is today (meaby base AAs had some more range but most of the time the problem lied in bug hits)
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 12:48 PM by SirSniper.)
19-02-2012, 02:51 PM | Post: #66
Offline St0mpy 
(19-02-2012 10:52 AM)Mithaniel Wrote:  Speaking as one of the helo pilots mentioned - ahem - we are a bit OP. I don't think there needs to be ANYTHING done to the weapons on board the choppers. They need to take a bit more damage from every crew mounted weapon. The 4 wheeled vehicles should do as previously stated - 8 to 10 per bullet. 4 vehicles should shred any chopper. Choppers go down very easy in real life. Ever been on one going down? I have. Ever see 13 combat ready Marines almost not so good themselves? I have. Those are some awesome vehicles - i do love them - and hanging by a rope from them - and repelling etc. from them - but they go down with enough lead in the skin. They should here too. boost the bullet damage vs. helos from vehicles. 3 or 4 per shot is a joke. Should be 8 to 10 and maybe even some 12 crits.

yeah i said this months ago, 50 cals should do more damage, am so fed up of jumping into a HMMV and shoot off a boxload into a helo only to have him turn his nose to me like im a pesky fly and pap pap, im down, buried in a pile of scrap metal

however since €asy only 'balance' things when money is part of the equation im not gonna hold my breath for any kind of change to 50cal shot power, well, not untill they bring out the mounted weapon booster :/
19-02-2012, 04:14 PM | Post: #67
Offline Solid 
(19-02-2012 12:23 PM)SirSniper Wrote:  Heh, it's funny how i think nerfing heli armor would be a bad idea, and shortly after that i remind myself that i almost always fly without heli armor booster, and it's even reasonably priced (350C for a 1 day is a good <and by good i mean anything over that (even 1C) would be stupid) price).

The Armor can be pretty sweet as far as i see, you can fly back to repair with ~80 HP instead of getting down by exactly 2 Tank Shots, 2 APC Mags (10 Shots) or 4 Stingers fired up close. I´m not flying anymore but i guess that you will survive pretty often then with 80 HP and then you should thank the Booster

(19-02-2012 12:23 PM)SirSniper Wrote:  And imo heli weapons need some buffing.

That´s hilarious, even the Gunner´s Weapon wrecks Havoc in skilled/leading hands. The Hellfire Missels are sprayed atm, the IFF is just the tip of the iceberg, the Improved Threat Awareness also helped finding Targets pretty good before IFF and with the Hellfires you need only to know where the targets usually are to get a few kills before, now you can test every location in a minute so that you dominate if you can keep yourself airborne

[Image: b6975638bd.png]
19-02-2012, 05:32 PM | Post: #68
Offline SirSniper 
I've flown with some skilled gunners and as much as it is a big help in dog fights, it's a piece of sh<cough> , it's bad against anything else. Mainly due to its inaccuracy resulting from poor client-server synchro and not the lack of dmg. And as devs won't fix it, then it could probably benefit greatly from some splash radius incerease, and meaby a little bit more of dmg wouldn't be bad in this situation (especially against infantry, as most of the time it takes up to 5 direct or almost direct tap fire hits to take them down, which is ridiculous in my opinion).

What is more you sir clearly seem not to understand the point i tried to make.
I suggest not to give IFF to gunner too, yet take it away from pilot and give it to gunner only.

Sure it would lead to gunner|pilot duo being even more invincible than they are now, but for now heli pilot on the battlefield counts as .. (dunno, lol, let's say) .. 3 persons, and gunner counts for 0.5, which most of the time means it's a waste if he's not on the ground.
If both pilot and gunner counted as 2, it would bring some much yearned teamplay as well as brought the reason to use tracer guns once again for all of opressed ground troops.

EDIT://
Ps: Sorry for my poor engrish.
EDIT2://
Also most of the time bullet hits elsewhere that it is shown.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 07:09 AM by SirSniper.)
19-02-2012, 05:35 PM | Post: #69
Offline =Sgt.Tuvok= 
*cough* CoD fanboys *cough*

[Image: PNDME.png]
19-02-2012, 05:37 PM | Post: #70
Offline =GammaEagle= 
You dare question the heli pilots!? We will hunt you down! Oh wait...
19-02-2012, 05:46 PM | Post: #71
Offline SirSniper 
@=Sgt.Tuvok=:
ee.. that was .. to me? or..
19-02-2012, 05:53 PM | Post: #72
Offline dcrago 
1. Get into a APC/LAV.
2. Aim the APC/LAV at the heli.
3. ??????
4. PROFIT.
Big Grin
19-02-2012, 05:56 PM | Post: #73
Offline [l3E7]DMedic 
Learn to counter them? Play on infantry? Stop sucking at the game?

These are your best solutions. The last one if the one you need work on.

[Image: Air_Force_Materiel_Command.png]
Want to dominate the skies? Just invite me to your clan, and watch the skills go into action.
19-02-2012, 06:08 PM | Post: #74
Offline Cloud90PL 
(18-02-2012 09:41 AM)St0mpy Wrote:  trace gun + Q spotting + using cover intelligently when they come past

keep your wits about you and youll keep your head on your shoulders more often ... just keep spamming the Q spot on them and trace trace trace, then every smart engineer will be letting loose the RPGs for you as well as helping your own air force locate and destroy them.

they're all good advices but there is also hellfire OP AoE Sad

[Image: cloudfpssig.jpg]

why do I even care.......
19-02-2012, 06:16 PM | Post: #75
Offline Dipyrone 
Happen to have many skilled pilots of helicopters, antiaircraft guns on the ground can not stop and the game turns into a hell where anyone can play. They, the pilots, not being aware of it. I see pilots close the game (Dragon Valley) with 78/2 score.

Do not remove attack choppers, and add more efficient anti-aircraft weapons for manual use by engineers or movil same M6 (USA), see bellow.

[Image: ufO0A.jpg]

Return to original Battlefield spirit of fight.
19-02-2012, 06:38 PM | Post: #76
Offline monstero 
(18-02-2012 11:28 AM)Catcherko Wrote:  
(18-02-2012 11:24 AM)j4rh34d Wrote:  They don't need to remove helis, they just need to fix the silly blast radius on the rockets and take the aimbot radar out of the tiers

That
19-02-2012, 06:40 PM | Post: #77
Offline =GammaEagle= 
NO and NO. Only defense against APC's and Tanks. And shotgun noobs.
19-02-2012, 06:53 PM | Post: #78
Offline Dipyrone 
(19-02-2012 05:53 PM)dcrago Wrote:  1. Get into a APC/LAV.
3. ??????
4. PROFIT.
Big Grin

Believe it is so easy? The reality is another. Before your point 1, u are death or destroy the APC/LAV. The pilot have the control from above, see more with you.

Return to original Battlefield spirit of fight.
19-02-2012, 07:06 PM | Post: #79
Offline SirSniper 
(19-02-2012 06:53 PM)StanB Wrote:  
3. ??????
4. PROFIT.
Big Grin

Believe it is so easy? The reality is another. Before your point 1, u are death or destroy the APC/LAV. The pilot have the control from above, see more with you.

Well, you have to learn to lead your apc's bullets (or whatever it shoots). What is more some places are better than other to shoor from, but yes, it's about that simple. And even if you won't kill him you'll make the difference of enemy pilot going 78/2 (as someone stated befor, meaby not in this topic) and reasonable , let's say 12/8.
19-02-2012, 11:03 PM | Post: #80
Offline dcrago 
(19-02-2012 06:53 PM)StanB Wrote:  
3. ??????
4. PROFIT.
Big Grin

It is, just got to know how to judge height and lead. I did it all the time going 30/0 (best without dieing).