Hello There, Guest!

15-02-2012, 01:27 PM | Post: #1
Offline jjagged  Go to next Official Response...
Hi Battlefield soldiers
I'm Hannes Heijkenskjöld, a developer in the web team of Battlefield Play4Free.

I thought you would like to know about one of the features we currently are looking at implementing here at Easy, namely soldier profile pages. It is not in full production yet, but we have created a prototype and populated it with some stats. I can share this screenshot of the prototype.

[Image: soldier_profile_prototype_1.jpg]

This is a prototype and doesn't represent the final page, so take it for what it is: a teaser of upcoming functionality. I would love to hear your suggestions, however, on what you would like to include in the page. No promises on what gets implemented though Smile

There is, however some bad news connected to this. During the prototyping of this page we have discovered that some interesting stats are missing, and some are plain wrong. We don't have the full data of your character for everything we want to display. This is a huge let down, I know. For instance, I know that I have played a lot more than 18 hours with this soldier, and we are not tracking the number of headshots you make. We will be looking into how to best deal with this fact. Probably we will do a reset of the faulty stats when we release the profile, but nothing has been decided yet. Note: there will be NO reset of the XP or level, so don't worry about that.

There is no word on when this will be released, I can't even say soon™ yet. But this, and some other related functionality (to be teased at a future date Smile), is on our road map.

I will try to get back here and update the thread as the production progresses.

Let us know what you think of the soldier profile, and if you are interested in similar updates of upcoming features!

/Hannes

Battlefield Play4Free web developer
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 03:54 PM by jjagged.)
15-02-2012, 02:09 PM | Post: #2
Offline OperatorFox 
Looks interesting... hope you work out all the bugs! can't wait for the release!

15-02-2012, 02:12 PM | Post: #3
Offline kayack1
very intereresting , i hope it will be in the next update !
BTW 0.67 of K/D ?
sorry but this is bad Tongue , train more !
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 02:13 PM by kayack1.)
15-02-2012, 02:26 PM | Post: #4
(15-02-2012 02:12 PM)kayack1 Wrote:  very intereresting , i hope it will be in the next update !
BTW 0.67 of K/D ?
sorry but this is bad Tongue , train more !

I said some of the stats were wrong Tongue

Sorry to disappoint you, but this will not be in the next update, it will be a bit further down the road.

15-02-2012, 02:32 PM | Post: #5
Offline kayack1
(15-02-2012 02:26 PM)jjagged Wrote:  I said some of the stats were wrong Tongue

Sorry to disappoint you, but this will not be in the next update, it will be a bit further down the road.

ha ok Tongue , BTW can you send me a mp with my personal stats if you can , please ( even if they are wrong , i will have a little idea of my true stats ) ? because i want to see how much kill and death i have .
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 02:33 PM by kayack1.)
15-02-2012, 02:47 PM | Post: #6
Offline nafiszilla 
Awesome. this looks great Smile

[Image: HBsig.png]
15-02-2012, 02:55 PM | Post: #7
Offline DeltaForce 
So the statwh0ring begins.
15-02-2012, 02:55 PM | Post: #8
Offline mono 
Looks good, especially if that's just an early version.

Personally, I'd probably be in favour of an 'old stats' wipe before it goes live, or at least give users that option. I'm sure there are a lot of us who have been slacking off, content in the knowledge that none of our stats were being recorded for future shaming Smile

Other things that I would also like to see on the page, though no idea how many are possible:
Max range achieved (both as a weapon stat and as an overall stat)
Saviour kills
Offensive/Defensive kills
Flag caps
Points healed on self/others
Show Critical Assists as a div of Kill Assists
Spot Assists
General class ability stats (mines, claymores, revives, C4 etc.)

There's probably more, but it could easily just end up being a list of every trackable statistic in the game, so I'll stop now Smile

[Image: monosignam2.png]
15-02-2012, 02:56 PM | Post: #9
Offline GarTZilla 
Finally something for the players and not an update to line your pockets... My god... It took guys long enough. In any case, as much anger as I have towards EAsy gotta say thanx for this one.

EDIT:
(15-02-2012 02:55 PM)mono Wrote:  [snip]
Saviour kills
Flag caps
Spot Assists
[snip]
+3... These would be nice and comprehensive about the type of player you are but yeah, this is a good start. Maybe they'll implement these in future updates.

rawr.
[Image: bUUza.png]

GarTZilla | GZiLLa | DocZiLLa | xX-Gojira-Xx
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 03:01 PM by GarTZilla.)
15-02-2012, 02:59 PM | Post: #10
Offline Fenderalac 
looks great JJ Tongue

[Image: b2AU0.png]
15-02-2012, 03:00 PM | Post: #11
Offline EPIC-Landon144
Finally
15-02-2012, 03:02 PM | Post: #12
Offline Yahtzee 
To me looks great and that is enough for now...best option is to first create this and implement so you can monitor does it work and after just keep building current one and yeah btw off topic but clan tag system is what this game needs....

[Image: testekd.png]
15-02-2012, 03:02 PM | Post: #13
Offline Fenderalac 
have you followed our stats since OB or it will start from beggining?

[Image: b2AU0.png]
15-02-2012, 03:05 PM | Post: #14
Offline enginman911 
cool
15-02-2012, 03:08 PM | Post: #15
(15-02-2012 02:55 PM)mono Wrote:  Personally, I'd probably be in favour of an 'old stats' wipe before it goes live, or at least give users that option. I'm sure there are a lot of us who have been slacking off, content in the knowledge that none of our stats were being recorded for future shaming Smile

Other things that I would also like to see on the page, though no idea how many are possible:
Max range achieved (both as a weapon stat and as an overall stat)
Saviour kills
Flag caps
Spot Assists

There's probably more, but it could easily just end up being a list of every trackable statistic in the game, so I'll stop now Smile

These are good suggestions, and some are being tracked, some are supposed to but are bugged, and some are missing. I would like for us to start tracking it all at once, so there is a common baseline for when stats start to be tracked. And then we can decide how this information should be presented to you players.

15-02-2012, 03:15 PM | Post: #16
Offline Klingon.Dentist 
How much funds would it cost us per soldier slot?

For headshots.. if you could make possible to count them it would be cool to have headshot sound like in ETPro mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eFwNQ7v3...re=related

Here guy deals tripple headshot with a pistol with characteristic etpro mod headshot sound. I played that game a lot and that sound is a distinguish prize itself and you are feeling proud of your skill once you hear it. Unique feeling.

AKA Hamush. BF P$F future update:

* more levels. bought extra tp? tough luck.
* attachments upgrade.
- +3 weapons in store, and +5 later.
- buff tier3 hp toughness.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TAKING YOUR MONEY AND LAUGH IN YOUR FACE! [Image: 7aqc76e]
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 03:19 PM by Klingon.Dentist.)
15-02-2012, 03:17 PM | Post: #17
Offline kayack1
and maybe add the accidents stats ? ( not counted as suicide )
15-02-2012, 03:21 PM | Post: #18
Offline mono 
(15-02-2012 03:17 PM)kayack1 Wrote:  and maybe add the accidents stats ? ( not counted as suicide )

God no... what if it tracks the amount of times 'You've just had an accident' flashed up on your screen instead of tracking actual accidents. Tongue

Tracking suicides would probably be interesting though.

[Image: monosignam2.png]
15-02-2012, 03:22 PM | Post: #19
Offline Kardredren 
I think a partial stat wipe is a mistake, it will potentially skew results/methods for calculating medians and such. A full stats wipe (to me at least) makes more sense and gives everyone an unbiased and error free platform to build upon.

[Image: 9865fra5.jpg]
15-02-2012, 03:22 PM | Post: #20
Offline kayack1
i use the suicide glitch for my dead man trigger and i have 400 suicides at the moment Tongue