Hello There, Guest!

05-02-2012, 06:12 PM | Post: #241
Offline St0mpy 
(05-02-2012 01:35 PM)j4rh34d Wrote:  
Frankly it looks like the Devs have painted themselves into a corner, they will not admit they were wrong and buff class weapons and the cannot nerf non-class weapons for fear of the backlash as they are on very thin ice as it is now (evidently a new map and sparkly lights on the old ones didn't bail you out of the s**t, who would have known)

They may keep saying that there is nothing worng with the game and that 01/12 was a good game balance and that 20/12 was right to steal from customers and loose their trust - but judging by the frantic scrambling going on here in the last few weeks I'm guessing the very secret numbers we are not allowed to know about are saying something very diiferent

+3. A Training point sale, immediately followed by a massive booster firesale AND a huge change to their selling style for attachments? Thats bad.

In financial terms its obvious theyre desperately behind their investment plan and have sat down to decide how to reclaim some of the respect theyve lost in the eyes of rank and file players. This in itself is an admission they got it wrong but while perm attachments is a step forward, I dont think its enough for a lot of players that still feel €asy pickpocketed them dishonestly on the 20th.

Remember shot power means nothing if you cant get your shots on target and anyone that can read the stats will know things like base recoil has been completely ruined, 2400% in some worst cases with figures like 850% on an average recoil assesment on top tier guns such as the XM8AR.

If the devs right now made some kind of SIGNIFICANT gesture towards damping down the recoil then perhaps we might all be able to move on from the disgraceful actions of the 20th (meaning FREE enhanced stocks for +3 weapons, and no weak arsed assists or theres no point). These stocks should also be available to buy for non +3 weapons.

This would allow €asy to still sell us barrels and ammo and new stocks later down the line, also introduce the new players to the enhanced stocks for money.

However

If they do not make the community feel good about their +3 guns now in some way, this undercurrent of hate is going to continue as the game diverges down this new path and the chance to regain the lead with the Legacy community will be lost.

It can be pulled back (€asy, cain, chris whoever is reading) but it needs to be now™.

Its up to you to put our voice over at your RoE meetings, it wont feel good putting your cap in your hand, losing a bit of face and admitting it was a wrong move to nerf things so much, but if you act now with a SIGNIFICANT gesture towards us then maybe, just maybe we can put this sad event to rest.

if not, youll forever be having the skeleton of the 20th dragged out by legacy owners when you least expect or want it.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 06:19 PM by St0mpy.)
05-02-2012, 06:16 PM | Post: #242
Offline Asfodhell-A 
(05-02-2012 05:24 PM)j4rh34d Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 04:29 PM)Asfodhell Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 04:18 PM)j4rh34d Wrote:  I saw a player today with a +3 M16, it had the elite brown stock and foregrip - I didn't think the old skins were available since the Devs took them off us 01/12

Anyone else got a brown M16?

Could this mean elite/veteran owners might get their nice skins back they purchased originally??

Since December 1st, all Veteran and Elite owners got their skins

No, they made all veteran/elite class specific weapons plain black 01/12 - if you were on pte you would have seen that they intend to sell attachments so you have to buy your particular skin back again

Even though you already paid for it once, they expect you to pay for it again - EAsy interpretation of 'permanent'

I was really just wondering if this is a bug on the M16+3 or an all item hack as I've seen a number of players less than level 4 with +3 weapons, which doesn't seem right since you would expect low level players to be new and they could not have purchased legacy vet/elite weapons - maybe players are stealing from EAsy, makes a change Tongue

Will make a mockery of weapons unlocks though if you can just hack your Elite USAS Wink

Rolleyes

I don't talk about "elite wannabe" weapons !
You're refering to MP5, MP95, Scar and such ...
I talk about Elite weapons, you know, AEK, MP7, PKM, M60 and so on ....

05-02-2012, 06:45 PM | Post: #243
Offline -=Halidim=- 
GarTZilla
+3

After pay 300eur for permanent guns now i neeed to pay more to get same gun this is criminal .

[Image: tzSYy37.png]
05-02-2012, 08:46 PM | Post: #244
Offline c2-BlackAdder 
I swear these lot are just ignorant, they have got to be the biggest band of twofaced assholes i have yet to meet on any forum anywhere on this friggin internet.
After reading through all the posts and replies the pathetic blues can only reply to statements like this.

(03-02-2012 05:46 PM)Silvanoshi Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 05:28 PM)Septuagint Wrote:  Silvanoshi, tell the guys i'm proud they did something right. Thanks for a positive post. Smile

STOP THE PRESSES!!!! Septuagint had something positive to say about the game? I didn't think I'd live to see the day Tongue.
Just kidding mate, I appreciate the fact that you speak your mind Smile .

Silvanoshi

or this..

(03-02-2012 07:44 PM)CaptainShop Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 05:49 PM)mono Wrote:  Possibly one of the best updates you've made in a while. Thank you.

Only one thing I don't really understand though;

(03-02-2012 01:32 PM)VitalBullet Wrote:  Not only will you be leveling up your hero but you will be opening up yourself to new attachments, weapons and clothing.

Does this mean level requirements on clothing?
Since none of the clothing can be rented with credits, and there's only a fairly limited selection (compared to something like BFH, for instance), having a level req to pay cash for a passive non-enhancing item seems more than a bit odd.

Credits prices on clothing is something we are considering. Keep an eye out over the next few weeks.

Cheers!

Where is the Answer to this.

(04-02-2012 11:32 AM)addept2 Wrote:  I have weapons +3 which were before one update elite weapons permanently (almost like this weapon with attachments)

I bought elite weapons permanently but EA take my attachments and give me weapon +3 which is slightly better than the primary weapon without attachments

Today they offer me attachments to buy for price

I must to pay twice for the same if I want to have my weapons with attachments permanently but I paid for this weapon long ago !

Is this right ?

EA said:
"As you all know, we recently removed “Legacy” attachments from Battlefield Play4Free as a way to introduce a better level of balance in the game"

How long will I have it on my own? Two weeks ? Two months ? And then ? I must have to pay for it again and again because then they want to "balance" game again ?

The last change is maybe good, but you should give back elite weapons instead weapons +3 and don't make people idiots

sorry for my bad English

Sincerely
addept2 (Addept, [MH]. Addept.med)
Member of Modern Hussary Clan, one of the best clans in the Battlefield Play4Free history

I can imagine them all running round the office high fiveing each other "oooh i answered a question yay thats two in one day woohoo"...pathetic.
Try answering people with legitimate concerns, maybe even open a specific post on it and address those concerns instead of hiding from it.

Remember peeps if you gonna play don't pay it's seriously not worth it.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 08:47 PM by c2-BlackAdder.)
05-02-2012, 08:59 PM | Post: #245
Offline xJaegermeisterx 
Well, I like the ability to buy attachments permanently. However, I feel they need to offer FREE attachments to people who had Elite/Veteran guns. As it is, I feel even more cheated now as it really feels like they want me to buy my original stats back... I'm still not spending any monbey, though perm attachments are tempting.
05-02-2012, 09:21 PM | Post: #246
Offline maxor4 
well they finally did something (kinda) right, only problem is : if i see correctly, new players will still have early access to usas, meaning the number of usas noobs will not decrease (sorry to those who use the usas appropriately, no offense meant) it will even increase because it will be the only good shotgun you'll have access to and i don't think they'll change guns afterwards.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 09:24 PM by maxor4.)
05-02-2012, 09:48 PM | Post: #247
Offline Ghostrider0067 
What a colossal ripoff. You bastards drastically altered/stole the attachments from the elite level weapons we'd already bought and now you expect us to turn around and pay again?

Time for you devs to seriously GET F-CKED.

[Image: 391560_4337901687061_1154472848_n.jpg]
05-02-2012, 09:50 PM | Post: #248
Offline hittmen0t 
*yawn*

Perm attachments, oh wow.....
I remember the time we had perm weapons. Weapons we paid for in full.
Now those were cool. And they were good weapons. But they are gone.

And I am STILL DEFINITELY not going to spend one Cent on this game anymore. I am not going to buy back the stuff that you guys stole from me.

Certainly not before I get a decent compensation for the stolen weapons and the game balance that was completely fucked up on Dec 20 is restored. Because we all know it is still fucked.

You can use an MG3 as a spraycan but not to hit anything. And since they obviously don't want to take that back and compensate legacy buyers, that means that pistols and shotguns must be nerfed. They just don't dare right now so as not to scare away even more players.
I only wonder when it will happen.... maybe they will put that in the Easter baskets Tongue

Summing it all up:
.:Camper:. Wrote:Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf. Oh hello EAsy

[Image: EAfailed.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 09:51 PM by hittmen0t.)
05-02-2012, 10:21 PM | Post: #249
Offline Ghostrider0067 
I've emailed Kotaku and a few other sites again to advise them of this garbage. The more bad press EA/EAsy gets, the better.

I find it rather deplorable that no offer of a few free, permanent attachments has been made to those of us who shelled out real cash for their virtual crap. It's worse that they continue to act as though that what they've done is just fine and fail to acknowledge their massive error that speaks to the contrary. Additionally, not one apology has been made by any of them. That's really sad.

05-02-2012, 10:35 PM | Post: #250
Offline Chang 
(05-02-2012 09:48 PM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  What a colossal ripoff. You bastards drastically altered/stole the attachments from the elite level weapons we'd already bought and now you expect us to turn around and pay again?

Time for you devs to seriously GET F-CKED.

+1

I was fairly certain that this would happen, and the fact that it has is tantamount to the devs admitting to an error. Or as close as it is possible for them to 'admit' to an error - so the highground is ours. For all the good that does us. Still no cogent 'we were wrong' statement, still no gratis attachments for former elite weapon owners. No financial recompense.

In reality, perceived climb down or no, this is an apology wrapped up in an invoice. As Gar put it earlier in the thread:-

(03-02-2012 06:09 PM)GarTZilla Wrote:  You guys are honestly happy with the update? Really? I swear it's like battered wife syndrome in this community. You guys just keep coming back for more.

A lot of previously militant stay-awayers (st0mpy, Septuagint and others) are greeting this as a step forward, as good news. Well, if you're happy to repurchase your weapons for a second time, then by all means do so.

But I don't consider myself fool enough to pay for the olive branch.

[Image: c64_burger_zps03fcba5b.png]
05-02-2012, 10:42 PM | Post: #251
Offline Ghostrider0067 
(05-02-2012 10:35 PM)Chang Wrote:  But I don't consider myself fool enough to pay for the olive branch.

+3

I'm right there, man. It's part of the reason I've taken to playing the 360 I bought not too long ago instead of this. I will admit to having spent some time on Thursday/Friday grinding, but it wasn't all that long.

05-02-2012, 10:51 PM | Post: #252
Offline Chang 
That's fine, Ghost. I was halfway through reinstalling myself, because I wanted to see just how much they're asking for a 'permanent' (if such a thing still exists here) attachment, but thought 'forget it, I'm still done here'.

I'll freely admit that when I saw 'permanent attachments', I felt a tug at my chest - I loved this game, and if I felt that I could play it and enjoy it like I did before 20/12, then I'd be back in a flash, even if that meant dropping yet more money into the pit. But if I was to buy some funds, purchase some attachments, and head back in-game, I still wouldn't be able to shake the thought that 'permanent' doesn't mean 'permanent' like it used to.
I just wouldn't be able to let myself enjoy this game, because the trust is gone. Easy have shown us how 'highly' they value our loyalty, and how 'sincerely' they appreciate our patronage, so balls to them.

Also, I'm sick of checking the forums every week to see players who swore to never play this game again evidently going back on their word.

To those players, I'd like to point out that this update is only the latest attempt to squeeze money out of those who have already been bled for it once. You shouldn't be expected to constantly shell out to maintain the stats of weapons that were sold under the agreement that they would last forever.
They're stealing from you. Stop thanking them for it.

I'm starting to wonder about the mental acuity of this player base. Are they suffering from collective amnesia? Or are they just mentally slower than "average"?

[Image: c64_burger_zps03fcba5b.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 11:01 PM by Chang.)
05-02-2012, 11:04 PM | Post: #253
Offline Ghostrider0067 
(05-02-2012 10:51 PM)Chang Wrote:  That's fine, Ghost. I was halfway through reinstalling myself, because I wanted to see just how much they're asking for a 'permanent' (if such a thing still exists here) attachment, but thought 'forget it, I'm still done here'.

I understand, man. As much as I'd like to walk away entirely and stick behind it, that's a hard thing considering I'm $150USD in. Sad

(05-02-2012 10:51 PM)Chang Wrote:  I just wouldn't be able to let myself enjoy this game, because the trust is gone. Easy have shown us how highly they value our loyalty, and how sincerely they appreciate our patronage, so balls to them.

Also, I'm sick of checking the forums every week to see players who swore to never play this game again evidently going back on their word.

No doubt. It's hard to stay away (as you know). As for the trust thing, I can't honestly say I ever fully trusted EAsy to operate honestly. They're a business after all, and the almighty $$$ dictates how they act.

(05-02-2012 10:51 PM)Chang Wrote:  They're stealing from you. Stop thanking them for it.

THIS.. WITHOUT A DOUBT.

(05-02-2012 10:51 PM)Chang Wrote:  I'm starting to wonder about the mental acuity of this player base. Are they suffering from collective amnesia? Or are they just mentally slower than "average"?

A wee bit o' both, perhaps? Wink

05-02-2012, 11:29 PM | Post: #254
Offline Parrina 
(05-02-2012 06:12 PM)St0mpy Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 01:35 PM)j4rh34d Wrote:  
Frankly it looks like the Devs have painted themselves into a corner, they will not admit they were wrong and buff class weapons and the cannot nerf non-class weapons for fear of the backlash as they are on very thin ice as it is now (evidently a new map and sparkly lights on the old ones didn't bail you out of the s**t, who would have known)

They may keep saying that there is nothing worng with the game and that 01/12 was a good game balance and that 20/12 was right to steal from customers and loose their trust - but judging by the frantic scrambling going on here in the last few weeks I'm guessing the very secret numbers we are not allowed to know about are saying something very diiferent

+3. A Training point sale, immediately followed by a massive booster firesale AND a huge change to their selling style for attachments? Thats bad.

In financial terms its obvious theyre desperately behind their investment plan and have sat down to decide how to reclaim some of the respect theyve lost in the eyes of rank and file players. This in itself is an admission they got it wrong but while perm attachments is a step forward, I dont think its enough for a lot of players that still feel €asy pickpocketed them dishonestly on the 20th.

Remember shot power means nothing if you cant get your shots on target and anyone that can read the stats will know things like base recoil has been completely ruined, 2400% in some worst cases with figures like 850% on an average recoil assesment on top tier guns such as the XM8AR.

If the devs right now made some kind of SIGNIFICANT gesture towards damping down the recoil then perhaps we might all be able to move on from the disgraceful actions of the 20th (meaning FREE enhanced stocks for +3 weapons, and no weak arsed assists or theres no point). These stocks should also be available to buy for non +3 weapons.

This would allow €asy to still sell us barrels and ammo and new stocks later down the line, also introduce the new players to the enhanced stocks for money.

However

If they do not make the community feel good about their +3 guns now in some way, this undercurrent of hate is going to continue as the game diverges down this new path and the chance to regain the lead with the Legacy community will be lost.

It can be pulled back (€asy, cain, chris whoever is reading) but it needs to be now™.

Its up to you to put our voice over at your RoE meetings, it wont feel good putting your cap in your hand, losing a bit of face and admitting it was a wrong move to nerf things so much, but if you act now with a SIGNIFICANT gesture towards us then maybe, just maybe we can put this sad event to rest.

if not, youll forever be having the skeleton of the 20th dragged out by legacy owners when you least expect or want it.

I agree something is going inside sleasy for all this to happen at same time.It does seem like they are trying desperately to bring in $ .It serves them right if they lose money on this deal or go brankrupt because of their prior treatment of paying players.It may not happen but if they suffer they have no one to blame but themselves.Greedy conniving thieves and liars.

Ripping you off since Dec.2011.Its the Sleasy way!
05-02-2012, 11:48 PM | Post: #255
Offline WaylandH 
Now that attachments are permanent again.

Give us permanent current attachments for our lost Legacy attachments. It would be the right thing to do.
05-02-2012, 11:53 PM | Post: #256
Offline WaylandH 
So I have enough BF sitting in my account to get the three attachments I would want. Do I wait for some kind of Legacy compensation, or just go ahead and buy them and play again. Have not played since 12/20.
05-02-2012, 11:57 PM | Post: #257
Offline Ghostrider0067 
(05-02-2012 11:53 PM)WaylandH Wrote:  So I have enough BF sitting in my account to get the three attachments I would want. Do I wait for some kind of Legacy compensation, or just go ahead and buy them and play again. Have not played since 12/20.

Up to you, but I'm not buying a damn thing. I've got 41k+ BFs sitting in my account, too.

06-02-2012, 12:06 AM | Post: #258
Offline VForVendetta 
(05-02-2012 10:21 PM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  I've emailed Kotaku and a few other sites again to advise them of this garbage. The more bad press EA/EAsy gets, the better.

I find it rather deplorable that no offer of a few free, permanent attachments has been made to those of us who shelled out real cash for their virtual crap. It's worse that they continue to act as though that what they've done is just fine and fail to acknowledge their massive error that speaks to the contrary. Additionally, not one apology has been made by any of them. That's really sad.

Well said! I'm so confused on what they were thinking when they just gave us +2 damage on our guns as "compensation" for our losses. Did they really think +2 damage would make up for having more recoil, less accuracy, less range, and less bullets?!?!? It's like they just don't understand, or they don't even care.

I don't understand how they can expect me to re-pay for a gun I already bought... :/

[Image: vgtpZ.png?1]
06-02-2012, 12:21 AM | Post: #259
Offline Nameis_M 
so, with the level up system, do you still get to keep your gun and use it at any level, or do you get to keep your gun, but use it at the level it unlocks at?

"So if you're not down with that, then I got two words for you: Suck It!"
06-02-2012, 01:33 AM | Post: #260
Offline corp23 
get rid off usas the people who use them are noobs