Hello There, Guest!

30-01-2012, 01:43 AM | Post: #1
Offline arthuricy 
Hi

I was thinking about buying VSS Vintorez for my recon since you get kinda bored with one hits after a while but I'm not so sure if is good enough to use. Statistic wise it doesn't seem so bad.

Any feedback? Yes I will personally try it out myself later. I just want a heads-up before I do.
30-01-2012, 01:48 AM | Post: #2
Online Ghostrider0067 
Not anymore. If you've played with the SVU-A as of late, the VSS is in the same vein... wrecked by poor recoil characteristics, low damage, and a ridiculous ammo count.

Try it first and you will see. Like every other weapon in the game, it was better before the 20 DEC 11 fiasco.

[Image: 391560_4337901687061_1154472848_n.jpg]
30-01-2012, 02:38 AM | Post: #3
Offline BuckTester 
The VSS is lightyears better than the SVU. Adapt your playstyle to it and it's pretty decent actually. Get a holosight on and it's a more accurate version of the M4A1/416.

I've used the VSS to get me to rank 25 all weekend.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 02:46 AM by BuckTester.)
30-01-2012, 02:53 AM | Post: #4
Offline arthuricy 
Thanks guys I'll see when I try it for myself.
30-01-2012, 03:18 AM | Post: #5
Offline Stormcaller 
It is an amazing gun Smile

Stormy the Cat
[Image: stormyVSScopy_zps3bc6aa6b.png]
30-01-2012, 05:15 AM | Post: #6
Offline quangb001 
i wouldnt recommend the SVU-A or the VSS for long range sniping unless you can adapt to the bullet drop and single shots only. In CQC its annoying because you always have to aim down sight unless their within knifing range. I would recommend it if your going medium range kills unless you can do burst shots. i like the M14 EBR better. but i have noticed that at range it does no damage. so it will take quite a few shots, if not the whole clip to kill at 150 metres.

I might fix you car
30-01-2012, 06:47 AM | Post: #7
Offline Peaklegend 
If you can adapt your playstyle to it, it's a great gun. Personally, I've used Vintorezz and GOL and I've had great games with both, although I prefer the GOL.
30-01-2012, 02:04 PM | Post: #8
Offline Mobile_Artillery 
Go with the M110, it's a very nice gun! The recoil is extremely minimal compared to similar guns, you should have no problem getting off 3 or 4 shots in quick succession, on target mid-range with it.
30-01-2012, 02:54 PM | Post: #9
Offline enginman911 
customized M14 EBR kills with 2 shots on short and mid range
30-01-2012, 03:15 PM | Post: #10
Offline xprivatexdude 
the VSS is probably the best fast shooting sniper out there but only good on the small maps

30-01-2012, 09:52 PM | Post: #11
Offline Stormcaller 
(30-01-2012 03:15 PM)xprivatexdude Wrote:  the VSS is probably the best fast shooting sniper out there but only good on the small maps

Yea don't use it on Oman or Dalian......

Stormy the Cat
[Image: stormyVSScopy_zps3bc6aa6b.png]
27-04-2012, 08:29 PM | Post: #12
Offline Thermonac 
I just LOVE using the VSS but there're three issues. First, you have so little ammunition, you cant really have a good round without an assault next to you. Second, if youre using the Holosight it takes you 0.4SECONDS TO ADS!!! Sorry but WTF!! At last, you have a bad hip fire accuracy and you dont get the "crosshair" to show you where you're shooting when you are hipfiring. So i think that easy should give the fully automatic sniperrifles a bit of a buff in these aspects.
27-04-2012, 08:37 PM | Post: #13
Offline Payranth 
Vss is ok but my favourite is the m95 it really feels fantastic like I'm shooting someone.

Totally awesome signature that has yet to be created by Realm
27-04-2012, 10:15 PM | Post: #14
Offline BigEd229 
I don't like it very much, but BuckRaven has obviously proved that it's a very potent weapon. If you're willing to modify your playstyle a bit and get used to it, it's a very powerful gun.

21-05-2012, 03:04 AM | Post: #15
Offline Drizzt 
(30-01-2012 09:52 PM)Stormcaller Wrote:  
(30-01-2012 03:15 PM)xprivatexdude Wrote:  the VSS is probably the best fast shooting sniper out there but only good on the small maps

Yea don't use it on Oman or Dalian......

Actually, though it's a weapon developed for infantry-based maps and short range shootouts, the true challenge is on Oman and Dalian Big Grin. I get around 15 kills a round when I'm on these maps. Again, it's just adapting your playstyle. Putting one point in combat infiltration and as many as you can in spy grenade and satellite surveillance wins games, guaranteed, whatever map you are on. Just yesterday, my team, the U.S. team, was loosing horribly on Oman (they only had A). I went around with my boat to D, used my satellite surveillance to check if anyone was around, and stuck my spy grenade in the building of D. Only had to knife one AA camper and then shoot him again when he spawned. This set my team up perfectly for spawning there, and we won by 500 points at the end of the round and with all flags capped. If you know how to use it right, the VSS can do wonders. It's ideal for close quarters combat and with your spy grenades and satellite, you are sure to win. Plus the enemies can't spot you at all if you have combat infiltration. It's a flanking game, but if you know how to play it well, you can take people out relatively silently and quickly, and event shift the flow of the game so that your team wins.

21-05-2012, 03:18 AM | Post: #16
Offline barbwir3 
vss is awesome, you just have to be good with it. like any other gun.