Hello There, Guest!

13-01-2012, 08:48 AM | Post: #61
Offline NastyBarstard 
(13-01-2012 08:39 AM)WillemVanOranje Wrote:  
(11-01-2012 04:21 PM)VitalBullet Wrote:  As a heads up the +3 weapon and Booster tweaks will NOT be in the update tomorrow, though I would still consider the update tomorrow to be a pretty good one Smile

wel, it sure isn't the most intelligent update, but who cares right? atleast we know how you guys think nowSmile

it don't matter how fu.cked-up the car drives, as long as it looks sharp ey? here you go destroying every bit of balance left in the game, and the only thing worrying you're pretty little heads are lights?

you are acting like a bunch of noobsSmile

Fixed Angel

(19-12-2011 03:06 PM)VitalBullet Wrote:  we are eliminating all “Legacy”
13-01-2012, 08:50 AM | Post: #62
Offline r.Warren_Peace 
On Basra, please remove the light from the car in the basement of the parking building. The light comes through two roofs, from above. And you can see shadows of the players walking upthere on the roof, while you're downthere in the basement looking at that bright car in dark place.

And is it possible to add shadows? Seems like we lost them.

13-01-2012, 10:11 AM | Post: #63
Offline RD321 
Do you guys have professional displays? Or did you use those cheap 200 dollar TN panels ?

On my calibrated Dell S-IPS Panel it looks awful on oman and dalian etc.Im all for more brightness as it does make it look a lot more realistic but the brightness/contrast is severly messed up and has changed the look of textures and when i hit F i can hardly see my guys face its so dark!

Colors are now extremely oversatured i wish you could of at least tried it to see how it looks with 6500k color temprature etc.
13-01-2012, 11:44 AM | Post: #64
Offline -=OG=-RPGforYOU 
(13-01-2012 12:36 AM)AtomicBaboon Wrote:  Thanks for the comments and feedback! (keep'em coming)

As I mentioned, we are aware of a bug in the low and superlow settings that is making it too bright. This isn't a new one, but it is more obvious now that we're bringing in more colour and range to the lighting. The fix for it (as well as a few other visual bugs) is certainly on our priority list.

~AB

Yeh, something that needs indeed fixing!
Oh yeh Jeremy, don't know if you just did it by accident.
But why can't you climb on the ladders of the trucks standing in Basra? Shy

,Michiel
13-01-2012, 02:29 PM | Post: #65
Offline OneTyme 
Well, it would help if more people could actually load into the f***ing game to see the new effects. They mess everything up, and instead of fixing it, they mess it up even more. I think I was right before, they are deliberately trying to kill this game on purpose. There is no other explanation...other than they might just be a bunch of f***ing morons. I honestly think that both are true.

[Image: onetymesig1.jpg]
13-01-2012, 04:38 PM | Post: #66
Offline [HB]Akanto 
Sharqi looks really awesome now!
Oman is to yellow...
Basra is slighty better
I didnt seesomething on Dalian...
Havent played the new DV.
But Karkand... Karkand... Its a new map. Dont knof if better or bader.

[Image: 9iu6zq8c.png]

13-01-2012, 04:54 PM | Post: #67
Offline Vladulain 
Brighter maps, that should make up for the 1000's of faithful paying players you lied to and ripped off.

13-01-2012, 07:43 PM | Post: #68
Offline Solid 
I like that new Rendering and Lighting, i used to love Karkand for it´s atmosphere then you made it even more beautiful imo. The Colors are pretty nice though i hope that you don´t turn BFP4F in BFH, i was shocked as i saw the bright Oman with floating Objects on super low (i just wanted to see what you did there Tongue)

(13-01-2012 11:44 AM)RPGforYOU Wrote:  But why can't you climb on the ladders of the trucks standing in Basra? Shy

Weird... now i have to check that out since i use them from time to time for a "Surprise!" Smile
Edit: You really have broken them into two Sad

[Image: b6975638bd.png]
13-01-2012, 07:57 PM | Post: #69
Offline 0utburst 
This update is great. But the lighting on walls are too bright in Basra on LOW settings. I haven't checked yet on the other maps. I've been playing on a netbook for a while so I can only go at low settings. I hope you could switch to the old map lightings on the client settings.

@EAsy on our Legacy Weapons/Attachments:
NERF for the sake of balance is ACCEPTABLE. REMOVAL without proper replacements or refund is NOT!

Meanwhile, I am having so much fun playing Ghost Recon Online. Tongue
13-01-2012, 09:04 PM | Post: #70
Offline AtomicBaboon  Go to next Official Response...
Thanks again for the posts!

I wanted to say that I'm reading them all (accross a few threads). After playing through a few rotations and seeing the forums, I do agree that Oman stands out a bit too much against the other maps and I'm going to work with the level art team to look at balancing the colours out a bit.

Remember to take notice of how much better the characters and weapons look now.

Also, it helps when you post detail settings, classes, weapon, gear, etc.. along with your feedback.

~AB
13-01-2012, 09:16 PM | Post: #71
Offline Henvar 
(13-01-2012 09:04 PM)AtomicBaboon Wrote:  Thanks again for the posts!

I wanted to say that I'm reading them all (accross a few threads). After playing through a few rotations and seeing the forums, I do agree that Oman stands out a bit too much against the other maps and I'm going to work with the level art team to look at balancing the colours out a bit.

Also, it helps when you post detail settings, classes, weapon, gear, etc.. along with your feedback.

~AB

What about Basra?

Simple suggestion for improving teamwork

[Image: neegamaarlekkerwegdoei.gif]
13-01-2012, 10:37 PM | Post: #72
Offline r.Warren_Peace 
(13-01-2012 09:04 PM)AtomicBaboon Wrote:  I do agree that Oman stands out a bit too much against the other maps and I'm going to work with the level art team to look at balancing the colours out a bit.
~AB
Good! If you are interested in balancing the colours, you would probably like to go to Basra map and have a look at your hands wearing so called "Desert Battle Dress" uniform. Or any other one with its sleeves rolled up so you could see your hands skin. It's omg so much pale with light blue tint. Walking dead? In some plaves the same hands look overlighted so much that the colour is just white (check the screenshots attached).

Also, the brightnes/contrast makes other players models sometimes look so much dark, even black, with bright white canvas lightened bu the "Sun" that you come to know that it's just unnatural. As simple as that. And you keep on playing with this feeling in mind.

On Basra as well, there's a bright lightened car in the basement of the parking building (see the attached screenshot). The light comes through two roofs, from above. And on this bright car you could see shadows of the players walking upthere on the roof, while you're downthere in the basement looking at that bright car in dark place.

Are you still interested in bugreports?

Attached File(s)
.jpg  bfp4f-20120114-005526.jpg (Size: 156.95 KB / Downloads: 44)
.jpg  bfp4f-20120114-014900-2.jpg (Size: 235.66 KB / Downloads: 43)
.jpg  bfp4f-20120114-015455-3.jpg (Size: 278.88 KB / Downloads: 33)

(This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 11:01 PM by r.Warren_Peace.)
13-01-2012, 11:10 PM | Post: #73
Offline [l3E7]DMedic 
Dragon Valley = Mud pits everywhere
OMAN = Floating Buildings
Basra = Too bright
Shaqi = Haven't played that map
Karkand = Fine

My take on this update. -_-

[Image: Air_Force_Materiel_Command.png]
Want to dominate the skies? Just invite me to your clan, and watch the skills go into action.
14-01-2012, 12:09 AM | Post: #74
Online -=OG=-Olster 
Sorry, this is not an "upgrade" - this is an downgrade. Colors are so unrealistic and much too bright now. Plaese go back to the status it was bofore (and if you can: before 01.12.2011 :-)

I think that there are bigger problems to solve: reduce booster of mortar strike and RPG please.
14-01-2012, 12:52 AM | Post: #75
Offline Mr_Jolly1huh 
interesting change but some problems...

various vehicles have roads appearing on top of the cars hiding them especially seen from far or above

the dragon valley map... its raining but there are a lot of light n hard shadows!
and the new puddles etc show up the lacking audio side of the game... silent approaching thru puddles n mud hmmm!
14-01-2012, 01:48 AM | Post: #76
Offline harleypaterson 
I like it, now we just need some better explosion effects (namely craters in the ground)

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=ea515205834bdb...mp;amp;c=1]
14-01-2012, 02:00 AM | Post: #77
Offline NastyBarstard 
(14-01-2012 01:48 AM)harleypaterson Wrote:  I like it, now we just need some better explosion effects (namely craters in the ground)

Dude these guys are writing code for couches , warfare is the last thing on there mind .
i think they are working on the next ikea catalogue though so cant wait Rolleyes

14-01-2012, 02:41 AM | Post: #78
Offline Wizlawz 
[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=e7b1334d2ddd40...8af50005d0]

Attached File(s)
.jpg  sun through the hill and rock.jpg (Size: 28.33 KB / Downloads: 180)

[Image: 1977958]
14-01-2012, 02:42 AM | Post: #79
Offline NastyBarstard 
(14-01-2012 02:41 AM)Wizlawz Wrote:  
[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=e7b1334d2ddd40...8af50005d0]

Big Grin

14-01-2012, 02:47 AM | Post: #80
Offline NastyBarstard 
Any chance you guys can add a rainbow somewhere ?