Hello There, Guest!

10-01-2012, 02:51 AM | Post: #261
Offline SilverPaladin 
13 pages of fun and only one person caught onto this...

"Great. The "Stock" +3 guns will now have a "higher" base damage and ammo count, and, of course, be fully customizable.

I have 2 primary questions I would like to see an official "blue" response to:

1. Considering the legacy of dubious statements, which statement will fall first - The statement that +3 weapons are only a "replacement" for the older veterans/elite weapons, done by releasing them into the market - or - the statement that +3 weapons will retain their stronger characteristics by a "re-nerf" called for by newer players who cannot purchase these weapons and complain that a fully kitted out +3 is stronger than anything they will ever own/have access to?

2. Many of us bought our Veterans/Elite weapons permanently because, even though they were "freely rentable" via credits or low amounts of BFs, that purchase kept us off the "wagon" of constant repurchases (and/or grinding). Is there a plan to allow players access to a mid or high end weapon and stay off of a microtransaction "wagon"?

Now, a random thought by me:

You know, if the whole purpose of this was truly "fairer play", then by pulling all users 100% into the now current attachment system via an issuance of a package of permanent "modern" attachments that best reproduces the performance aspects of the veterans and elite weapons would have accomplished the play effects you desire, while not completely alienating those of us who have made a "permanent" purchase. All this screwing around with "+3" weapons is only making it a heck of a lot harder on you, both in finding the level that you're willing to "permanently" part with, and that the now highly irate community will accept, while keeping in mind that these +3s can be kitted out and made stronger than anything made available in the game...

Silver Paladin
... - field doc / AutobotRatchet - vehicular doc / Kinshaya - sharpshooting demon / Shinflik - rapidly removing shins, elbows and heads...
[Image: closedbetabfhachievemen.png]
10-01-2012, 02:56 AM | Post: #262
Offline Bond4141 
so they will nerf the 2 last hopes for humanity on this game and ignore the 300 pages + of hate on the old topic...

Ea... Y U FILTER OUT ALL THE GOOD STUFF?!?!?!

[Image: newsigduckEA.jpg]
10-01-2012, 02:58 AM | Post: #263
Offline cHaOsOfWar 
(10-01-2012 02:29 AM)ebolahitz Wrote:  Wow,unreal...Those of us who bought Elite,and veteran items have been robbed.They Gladly took our money when selling elites,and veteran weapons,and now have no shame in what they have done.This game was looking so promising.....unreal.

It was looking promising... I thought they were really going in the right direction with this game and now I don't even want to play... Sad really.

[Image: cHaOsOfWarP4F.png]
Battlefield "only" player - Since 1942
10-01-2012, 03:07 AM | Post: #264
Offline VForVendetta 
Too little, too late...

I bet they regret taking that vacation now, because this community sure as hell didn't take one.

[Image: vgtpZ.png?1]
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 03:08 AM by VForVendetta.)
10-01-2012, 03:09 AM | Post: #265
Offline Tuga 
It's about damn time that you stop sitting on your thumb and take a step in the right direction! Now do it properly and once and for all. Fix the ducking (with a capital F) recoil! This isn't supposed to be a gamble where you may win or lose regardless of your skill, it is supposed to be somewhat predictable and within a manageable range as long as you know how to point the damn weapon and adjust for recoil. Not to mention the fact that permanent should mean PERMANENT.

Next fix your damn attitude, honesty and prices because they still suck and are an offense to your customers' intelligence.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 03:12 AM by Tuga.)
10-01-2012, 03:11 AM | Post: #266
Offline Jerdomino 
No, they didn't remove the original thread, they closed it. It's basically the same thing, though. Without the ability to post to the thread it falls back behind other unused threads and will disappear in the noise in a day or two. You'll have to know what to look for to find it...no new visitors will EVER see it.

[Image: PLAY4FREE.png]
10-01-2012, 03:14 AM | Post: #267
Offline Tuga 
(10-01-2012 03:11 AM)Jerdomino Wrote:  No, they didn't remove the original thread, they closed it. It's basically the same thing, though. Without the ability to post to the thread it falls back behind other unused threads and will disappear in the noise in a day or two. You'll have to know what to look for to find it...no new visitors will EVER see it.

Sure they will, it's right here: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=61323

...and if we all make it part of our signature it will get plenty of eyes on it every day.

10-01-2012, 03:14 AM | Post: #268
Offline Jerdomino 
(10-01-2012 02:51 AM)SilverPaladin Wrote:  13 pages of fun and only one person caught onto this...

"Great. The "Stock" +3 guns will now have a "higher" base damage and ammo count, and, of course, be fully customizable.

I have 2 primary questions I would like to see an official "blue" response to:

1. Considering the legacy of dubious statements, which statement will fall first - The statement that +3 weapons are only a "replacement" for the older veterans/elite weapons, done by releasing them into the market - or - the statement that +3 weapons will retain their stronger characteristics by a "re-nerf" called for by newer players who cannot purchase these weapons and complain that a fully kitted out +3 is stronger than anything they will ever own/have access to?

2. Many of us bought our Veterans/Elite weapons permanently because, even though they were "freely rentable" via credits or low amounts of BFs, that purchase kept us off the "wagon" of constant repurchases (and/or grinding). Is there a plan to allow players access to a mid or high end weapon and stay off of a microtransaction "wagon"?

Now, a random thought by me:

You know, if the whole purpose of this was truly "fairer play", then by pulling all users 100% into the now current attachment system via an issuance of a package of permanent "modern" attachments that best reproduces the performance aspects of the veterans and elite weapons would have accomplished the play effects you desire, while not completely alienating those of us who have made a "permanent" purchase. All this screwing around with "+3" weapons is only making it a heck of a lot harder on you, both in finding the level that you're willing to "permanently" part with, and that the now highly irate community will accept, while keeping in mind that these +3s can be kitted out and made stronger than anything made available in the game...

Nicely said. You're much more polite than I could be now. And they've already banned me once...for spamming...so I'll let your words say it for me.

10-01-2012, 03:18 AM | Post: #269
Offline Private_Anguish 
Recoil is the problem I have with my XM8AR +3. I don't care about damage or ammunition, I want my gun to stop jumping around.
10-01-2012, 03:20 AM | Post: #270
Offline IgnisSolus 
AHahahahahaha--take a look here: http://kotaku.com/5874538/battlefield-pl...-customers
Maybe the devs will pay attention now?
10-01-2012, 03:20 AM | Post: #271
Offline Jerdomino 
"If you have additional questions about the “Legacy” attachments, please refer to this Q&A." brings you to the closed thread, and the same link in the closed thread does the same. Is the old FAQ on the closed thread supposed to be the "Q&A" they're talking about??

10-01-2012, 03:27 AM | Post: #272
Offline Ghostrider0067 
You're welcome.

[Image: 391560_4337901687061_1154472848_n.jpg]
10-01-2012, 03:31 AM | Post: #273
Offline SilverPaladin 
(10-01-2012 03:14 AM)Jerdomino Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 02:51 AM)SilverPaladin Wrote:  Condensed to shrink quote box, my name is a link to the original post... Smile

Nicely said. You're much more polite than I could be now. And they've already banned me once...for spamming...so I'll let your words say it for me.

Worked in an internet call center. Having been on the receiving end of many highly irate tirades over "small" stuff in the overall scheme of the world, and been "refreshed" by those who, no matter how badly "screwed over" that person felt, could still be polite enough to rationally (maybe with a "touch" of sarcasm) discuss the problem(s) and potential solutions, led me to vow that I will usually try my best to take the "high road" in a discussion. That, and I have a wife that'll put some of these ranters to shame with her rants, who gets called in when the "high road" doesn't work and they need a dose of reality... Wink

Silver Paladin
... - field doc / AutobotRatchet - vehicular doc / Kinshaya - sharpshooting demon / Shinflik - rapidly removing shins, elbows and heads...
[Image: closedbetabfhachievemen.png]
10-01-2012, 03:32 AM | Post: #274
Offline Parrina 
(10-01-2012 02:26 AM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  I appreciate the kudos, guys. I did it for all of us. EA/EAsy need to know that we are seriously upset in relation to their actions, and it's just sad that it had to go that far. Had they been more open and willing to work with the community directly on upcoming changes to the game, they wouldn't have encountered the backlash they now have at their doorstep.

The way in which EA/EAsy has handled the backlash hasn't been very professional or amicable to the community either, and that doesn't speak well for them... but I'm not the least bit surprised of that. Word of mouth travels fast, especially in a negative sense.

I totally agree that they have handled this extremy poorly.Its almost like a dictatorship and they do and say what they please without regard for the players and their best interests.

Ripping you off since Dec.2011.Its the Sleasy way!
10-01-2012, 03:38 AM | Post: #275
Offline Ghostrider0067 
(10-01-2012 03:32 AM)Parrina Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 02:26 AM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  I appreciate the kudos, guys. I did it for all of us. EA/EAsy need to know that we are seriously upset in relation to their actions, and it's just sad that it had to go that far. Had they been more open and willing to work with the community directly on upcoming changes to the game, they wouldn't have encountered the backlash they now have at their doorstep.

The way in which EA/EAsy has handled the backlash hasn't been very professional or amicable to the community either, and that doesn't speak well for them... but I'm not the least bit surprised of that. Word of mouth travels fast, especially in a negative sense.

I totally agree that they have handled this extremy poorly.Its almost like a dictatorship and they do and say what they please without regard for the players and their best interests.

Well, sadly, they can choose to look at it however suits them. Why? Because THEY have the product that WE want. Acting like pompous asshats sure doesn't paint them in a good light, but it keeps them in people's minds. As the saying goes, any press is better than NO press. That said, you'd think they'd want to do it up right with us given the mess they caused with a similar incident in BF:H.

Trust me, if I were running the show, things would be vastly different. I think that much is apparent in my statements as it relates to all this.

[Image: 391560_4337901687061_1154472848_n.jpg]
10-01-2012, 03:44 AM | Post: #276
Offline Meatstorm 
NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Keep your crappy half-measures.

I want the capabilities I paid for when I purchased the weapon or a full refund of the BattleFunds I spent on it. I shouldn't even have to ask.

You slEAsy thieves sold it. You slEAsy thieves said what its capabilities were. You slEAsy thieves said it would "Last Forever"

Make it fully right.
10-01-2012, 04:02 AM | Post: #277
Offline BugsySigel 
What to you prevents to return balance till December, 20th? All to you only thanks will tell if it occurs. As servers and the people will open will pay to you. Excuse for my English.
10-01-2012, 04:07 AM | Post: #278
Offline Taggz 
Well boosters are gunna get nerfed and our rifles will still be crappy so what is the point ?
Still a half hearted attempt to fix the many issues that you have caused by trying to sap more money from us. Concentrate on the game and not so much on how to make more money ! The Money will come if you have a good game ..

10-01-2012, 04:18 AM | Post: #279
Offline BugsySigel 
I say that the balance to 20го was pleasant December to all and complaints not it weren't. Let there are weapon improvements. I liked to put them on mine АЕК-971. Now I simply don't buy them.
10-01-2012, 05:00 AM | Post: #280
Offline Wizlawz 
(10-01-2012 04:18 AM)BugsySigel Wrote:  I say that the balance to 20го was pleasant December to all and complaints not it weren't. Let there are weapon improvements. I liked to put them on mine АЕК-971. Now I simply don't buy them.

sry now i am confused

[Image: WR.jpg]