Hello There, Guest!

09-01-2012, 10:05 AM | Post: #1
Offline VitalBullet 
Hello fellow Soldiers!

As you all know, we recently removed “Legacy” attachments from Battlefield Play4Free as a way to introduce a better level of balance in the game. We appreciate all the feedback that you’ve been giving our team since this change and we assure you, this was a tough decision and not an easy one to make. That being said, we believe that it will deliver the most fun and enjoyable gaming experience to all players and as such these changes will remain.

In the spirit of continually improving Battlefield Play4Free, we are listening to your feedback and responding. Over the next few weeks, we will be implementing several community requested changes to the “+3” weapons:
  • Damage will be increased across all ranges of +3 weapons
    (Currently +3 weapons do 2 additional base (body) damage over all ranges compared to their non +3 counterpart. This will be increased to 3 addition points of damage)
  • Base ammo count will be increased across all +3 weapons
    (This will vary depending on the weapon and the weapon type)

In addition, we will be making some changes to currently imbalanced boosters (for example, the Mortar Strike and RPG Boosters).

If you have additional questions about the “Legacy” attachments, please refer to this Q&A. As always, we greatly appreciate your feedback and if you wish to comment on these new changes, please feel free to join in below.

Best regards,
The Battlefield Play4Free Team

09-01-2012, 11:50 AM | Post: #2
Offline NastyBarstard 
a nice 1st step but i think recoil is a huge issue on some guns SVU -A for example, this weapon is next to useless

(19-12-2011 03:06 PM)VitalBullet Wrote:  we are eliminating all “Legacy”
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 11:53 AM by NastyBarstard.)
09-01-2012, 11:51 AM | Post: #3
Offline Wizlawz 
(09-01-2012 10:05 AM)VitalBullet Wrote:  That being said, we believe that it will deliver the most fun and enjoyable gaming experience to all players and as such these changes will remain.

Best regards,
The Battlefield Play4Free Team

i hear ya, i hope the "Balance" will be Balanced in a way WE can ALL Relate to.

and what is the word on the Camera Movement Shake? (ye ye i know, just thought i would throw it in as a Reminder)

(09-01-2012 11:50 AM)NastyBarstard Wrote:  a nice 1st step but i think recoil is a huge issue on some guns SVU -A for example, this weapon is next to useless

yar same with VSS

[Image: 1977958]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 11:55 AM by Wizlawz.)
09-01-2012, 11:56 AM | Post: #4
Offline Wixx 
Recoil is the biggest issue. (and the theft)

[Image: wixx_sig.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 04:04 PM by Wixx.)
09-01-2012, 11:56 AM | Post: #5
Offline Thunderchief1 
Thanks for responding, and this does appear to be a step in the right direction - ammo count is definitely a problem on the +3 weapons. Just the 1 extra damage seems a little low, however, and I think the biggest concern over the +3 weapons is the accuracy is awful - can this not be increased across the range as well?

I know that I would be happy to get *some* of the reliability back from my weapons, though I don't speak for anyone but myself in this.

Glad to hear RPG and Mortar Strike boosts will be addressed. Also hoping that this will include high-power pistols and shotguns?

[Image: j2we.png]
09-01-2012, 11:57 AM | Post: #6
Offline EgoPrimez 
if you are ''In the spirit of continually improving Battlefield Play4Free, we are listening to your feedback and responding.'' you will rollback changes made on 20.12. or roll back to 01.12.

Anything else is not good enough.

Till then credibility of any EAsy employee is less to none.

With this move you are admiting that you consciously planed campain of false advertising of your products with goal to rob customers.

[Image: nonOGsig-egoprime03.png]

09-01-2012, 12:03 PM | Post: #7
Online Nandonut 
THANK GOD you're balancing the mortar strike and RPG boosters =D
It was just getting out of hand...there was one guy who went like 50-0 just using mortar...

[Image: nandonut-1602.png]
09-01-2012, 12:03 PM | Post: #8
Offline Strac.CRO 
(09-01-2012 11:56 AM)Wixx Wrote:  Recoil is the biggest issue.

bullet spread (inaccuracy) is bigger problem because you can at least try to compensate recoil.

edit:
2 additional base damage + 3 additional base damage >>>> 5 additional base damage
or
2 additional base damage >>>> 3 additional base damage

edit 2:
be careful with nerfing RPG booster against vehicles, chopper pilots now have IFF radar wallhack + fast reload of flares...
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 12:12 PM by Strac.CRO.)
09-01-2012, 12:04 PM | Post: #9
Offline NastyBarstard 
(09-01-2012 10:05 AM)VitalBullet Wrote:  In the spirit of continually improving Battlefield Play4Free, we are listening to your feedback and responding. Over the next few weeks, we will be implementing several community requested changes to the “+3” weapons:
  • Damage will be increased across all ranges of +3 weapons
    (Currently +3 weapons do 2 additional base (body) damage over all ranges compared to their non +3 counterpart. This will be increased to 3 addition points of damage)

i thought this was 3 extra damage points then realized its just 1 point
tbh, id rather the 1 point on my recoil reduction instead of damage

(19-12-2011 03:06 PM)VitalBullet Wrote:  we are eliminating all “Legacy”
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 12:14 PM by NastyBarstard.)
09-01-2012, 12:04 PM | Post: #10
Offline Wizlawz 
(09-01-2012 11:56 AM)Wixx Wrote:  Recoil is the biggest issue.

and ammo count

[Image: 1977958]
09-01-2012, 12:07 PM | Post: #11
Offline ColemanV 
Are you serious about this? Big Grin
You guys really mean that +3 weapons will have now ACTUAL +3 damage?!
OMG! ROFL ! Big Grin
That is hilarious! xD
And some ammo adjustments, now that I appreciate, tho it remains to be seen what You guys at EAsy mean by "adjustments" Big Grin
These modifications meaning only, that I might have some slightly higher chance to actually hit someone with my XM8AR+3 in short bursts, where one bullet hits and two misses xD
It is still way behind compared to the thing what I've paid for, so...Dear EAsy, you better prep yourself for more complaints... I mean more then the current 319 pages Wink
By the way you DO realize, the massive outrage what you just created with closing off the leading thread, right?
It looks like you would try to silence and ignore customers. And I use the word CUSTOMERS, not players.
Customers are the people who've paid for something what EAsy didn't deliver.
ToS doesn't protect against fraud, you know Wink
Good luck for not losing your jobs Big Grin

[Image: EAfailed.png]

follow on twitter EAsyVsMe @ColemanVirgil andFB
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 12:13 PM by ColemanV.)
09-01-2012, 12:08 PM | Post: #12
Offline roennel 
(09-01-2012 11:56 AM)Thunderchief1 Wrote:  Thanks for responding, and this does appear to be a step in the right direction - ammo count is definitely a problem on the +3 weapons. Just the 1 extra damage seems a little low, however, and I think the biggest concern over the +3 weapons is the accuracy is awful - can this not be increased across the range as well?

I know that I would be happy to get *some* of the reliability back from my weapons, though I don't speak for anyone but myself in this.

Glad to hear RPG and Mortar Strike boosts will be addressed. Also hoping that this will include high-power pistols and shotguns?
^

09-01-2012, 12:11 PM | Post: #13
Offline Masterground 
Well, the damage actualy is the same overall, +3 doesnt even matter, but the ammo count is a good step forward.
It would be ok, if the ammo count would go back as it was.

Also, the recoil is realy a problem, when you face long distances.

Will see, what future will bring, and then I will decide.

I rather spend money on some food cans for bad times, than on EA next time.
09-01-2012, 12:22 PM | Post: #14
Offline CowBoyUp 
I hope your going to work on the recoil ?
09-01-2012, 12:27 PM | Post: #15
Offline Samnwb 
Uncontrollable Recoil and low Ammo are the biggest flaws with the +3 weapons. Angry

Once bitten...

Twice shy...

Grr, I would like to fart in the devs faces! Dodgy

Samantha
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 12:29 PM by Samnwb.)
09-01-2012, 12:27 PM | Post: #16
Offline ColemanV 
Erhm... It's only me who noticed that the leading thread were closed while opening this?
It sure feels like EAsy would try to hide the most viewed and most replied thread from the public.
I woudln't be surprised if in a few days it would be deleted aswell.
You know devs... the gloves will come off soon enough if you keep pushing us.Dodgy

follow on twitter EAsyVsMe @ColemanVirgil andFB
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 12:29 PM by ColemanV.)
09-01-2012, 12:30 PM | Post: #17
Offline EgoPrimez 
(09-01-2012 12:27 PM)ColemanV Wrote:  Erhm... It's only me who noticed that the leading thread were closed while opening this?
It sure feels like EAsy would try to hide the most viewed and most replied thread from the public.
I woudln't be surprised if in a few days it would be deleted aswell.
You know devs... the gloves will come off soon enough if you keep pushing us.

hear hear

[Image: nonOGsig-egoprime03.png]

09-01-2012, 12:32 PM | Post: #18
Offline Shafa_PL 
God...
- +3 damage will actually become +3 damage... just great...
What can I do with this if I cant hit anyone?

- Ammo count increased?
What can I do with this i cant hit anyone?

Conclusion:
Lower the recoil/bullet spread of weapons to the state before so called "update"!

More damage or more ammo does nothing to improve fun of this game. I'm still frustrated when i shoot whole mag to the enemy 20m away and nothing. More ammo just means longer shooting so thx for the longer time of frustration...

The same with the +3 damage. If I cant hit enemy then I cant deal this damage.

PS. But none the less You finally answered to the comunity. Good for You.. Wink. Hope that You will listen more and answer more quickly next time...

PS2. DONT plan any "great updates" just before some holidays! It ruins everything...

[Image: 20thDecembersignature.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 12:54 PM by Shafa_PL.)
09-01-2012, 12:34 PM | Post: #19
Offline BoomStick. 
I still think, that you should give legacy/+3 weapons owners sets of attachments instead of finding ways to make them a limited time offer.
What I expect and still wait for, are non-interchangable attachments, that we can get forever. Why non-interchangable? Because I don't want to pay extra for a feature I'm not going to use. Besides, I'd like to see a gunsmith trying to fit a MP7 barrel on AKS. He would beat me to death with it once he finish it.
Anyways it's a step in right direction, but it could be much better.

[Image: sig2.png]
09-01-2012, 12:36 PM | Post: #20
Offline DeltaForce 
This looks like a step into the right direction, but it is not enough for the weapon department.

Reducing the Power of MS and RPG Booster is a big plus.

UH-60 Blackhawk: Guide Video
[Image: 5mLZc.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 12:54 PM by DeltaForce.)