Hello There, Guest!

21-01-2012, 05:53 PM | Post: #21
Offline hgujddu 
helo codes weapons fenkiu
22-01-2012, 05:36 PM | Post: #22
Online DeltaForce 
Quote:Increases the Projectile Velocity of the weapon. All classes except Recon seems to be getting an increase of 250 where as sniper rifles only get an increase of 200.
As far as I know, projectile velocity only really matters for snipers, reducing bullet-drop and the amount by which you have to lead a moving target. Those aspects are mostly useful for snipers, making this barrel pretty useless for anyone except snipers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Projectile velocity determines the speed of a projective. Higher velocity means the bullet will reach its destination earlier. This is useful for long range combat, especially to hit moving targets. So it has a use for every class. Ofcourse you still need to cope with the immense recoil of basically every class unique primary weapon to actually hit your target, except bolt action sniperrifles, but that is another story.

UH-60 Blackhawk: Guide Video
[Image: 5mLZc.png]
22-01-2012, 05:48 PM | Post: #23
Offline BuckTester 
(22-01-2012 05:36 PM)DeltaForce Wrote:  Projectile velocity determines the speed of a projective. Higher velocity means the bullet will reach its destination earlier. This is useful for long range combat, especially to hit moving targets. So it has a use for every class. Ofcourse you still need to cope with the immense recoil of basically every class unique primary weapon to actually hit your target, except bolt action sniperrifles, but that is another story.

Yes, I'm aware of the physics of bullet velocity but, bullet drop is only an issue for sniper rifles last I checked. So, that rules out the major advantage of higher velocity. Not needing to lead moving targets as much really isn't all that much of a problem (in my opinion).

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
22-01-2012, 05:56 PM | Post: #24
Online DeltaForce 
(22-01-2012 05:48 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  
(22-01-2012 05:36 PM)DeltaForce Wrote:  Projectile velocity determines the speed of a projective. Higher velocity means the bullet will reach its destination earlier. This is useful for long range combat, especially to hit moving targets. So it has a use for every class. Ofcourse you still need to cope with the immense recoil of basically every class unique primary weapon to actually hit your target, except bolt action sniperrifles, but that is another story.

Yes, I'm aware of the physics of bullet velocity but, bullet drop is only an issue for sniper rifles last I checked. So, that rules out the major advantage of higher velocity. Not needing to lead moving targets as much really isn't all that much of a problem (in my opinion).

Then this is where our opinions differ. Another point speaking for higher velocity would be the advantage in 1on1 encounters. When it is for example 750 vs 500 velocity with similar damage values, the gun with 750 projectile velocity will win more often, because faster bullets result in a quicker kill.

UH-60 Blackhawk: Guide Video
[Image: 5mLZc.png]
23-01-2012, 04:41 PM | Post: #25
Offline BuckTester 
(22-01-2012 05:56 PM)DeltaForce Wrote:  Then this is where our opinions differ. Another point speaking for higher velocity would be the advantage in 1on1 encounters. When it is for example 750 vs 500 velocity with similar damage values, the gun with 750 projectile velocity will win more often, because faster bullets result in a quicker kill.

Theoretically I agree with you but in reality, whomever spots the other first is more important. The difference between bullet velocities would matter very little.

27-01-2012, 02:45 PM | Post: #26
Offline Zoddack 
(22-01-2012 05:56 PM)DeltaForce Wrote:  
(22-01-2012 05:48 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  

Then this is where our opinions differ. Another point speaking for higher velocity would be the advantage in 1on1 encounters. When it is for example 750 vs 500 velocity with similar damage values, the gun with 750 projectile velocity will win more often, because faster bullets result in a quicker kill.

However, if your bullet reaches the enemy later and get the kill, you will gain extra EXP (ie. Revenge +20).
27-01-2012, 07:46 PM | Post: #27
Offline asfdaFDSa 
Nice Smile
27-01-2012, 11:00 PM | Post: #28
Offline TrollingKids 
I need something that makes my damage better and lower my recoil

Moderator HomeSen edit:
Your signature violates the Forum Rules (no advertising/referral links), and thus got removed. Please read the FORUM RULES before posting a new one.
27-01-2012, 11:28 PM | Post: #29
Offline BuckTester 
(27-01-2012 11:00 PM)TrollingKids Wrote:  I need something that makes my damage better and lower my recoil

For what weapon and for what range?

28-01-2012, 10:49 AM | Post: #30
Offline SeanD 
good work! eventhough i got the idea that you have no life or too much time, well tell if im wrong...
28-01-2012, 10:53 AM | Post: #31
Offline tomek0987 
nice
28-01-2012, 11:24 PM | Post: #32
Offline BuckTester 
(28-01-2012 10:49 AM)SeanD Wrote:  good work! eventhough i got the idea that you have no life or too much time, well tell if im wrong...

Haha, well, it took me a week or so to just do the checking and to write up the basics of the guide. Still haven't taken time to complete it though. Big Grin

29-01-2012, 07:50 PM | Post: #33
Offline Cleanse 
well done! great info base for players!

p.s. which attachements would you recommend to take for XM8AR? (most universal for all ranges with less recoil as possible)
29-01-2012, 10:31 PM | Post: #34
Offline BuckTester 
I'm a close/mid range player myself but I tend to snipe a lot with my MG36 (very similar to the XM8AR) as well, so based on that:

XM8AR -
    Stand-off Barrel - To increase the mid range segment
    CQB-ammo - To make you more lethal in close quarters
    Precision Stock - To make sure you hit them long-range targets

29-01-2012, 11:52 PM | Post: #35
Offline Cleanse 
(29-01-2012 10:31 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  I'm a close/mid range player myself but I tend to snipe a lot with my MG36 (very similar to the XM8AR) as well, so based on that:

XM8AR -

thanx for quick respond, I`ll try it out, but it takes too much credits to buy such attachments (I don`t think I can earn over 2k credits daily, that`s approx. 4 hours game play if your team will always win) Rolleyes
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 11:53 PM by Cleanse.)
30-01-2012, 12:19 AM | Post: #36
Offline BuckTester 
(29-01-2012 11:52 PM)Cleanse Wrote:  
(29-01-2012 10:31 PM)BuckRaven Wrote:  I'm a close/mid range player myself but I tend to snipe a lot with my MG36 (very similar to the XM8AR) as well, so based on that:

XM8AR -

thanx for quick respond, I`ll try it out, but it takes too much credits to buy such attachments (I don`t think I can earn over 2k credits daily, that`s approx. 4 hours game play if your team will always win) Rolleyes

Well, if you feel you need to prioritize, either the Stand-off barrel or the CQB-ammo would be my choice. The XM8AR is already a pretty accurate weapon. Probably go for the CQB-ammo to ensure that you come out of any close encounters on top.

30-01-2012, 07:18 AM | Post: #37
Offline tykkimies 
u should tell distance in yards

(08-01-2012 07:51 AM)BuckRaven Wrote:  No TL,DR-part yet, still working on that part.

Quick distance-reference
[Image: Range7.jpg]
[Image: Range15.jpg]

[Image: Range20.jpg]
[Image: Range30.jpg]

[Image: Range55.jpg]
[Image: Range100.jpg]

[Image: Range200.jpg]

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=46345

Table of contents:

1. Section 1
  2. Section 2
  3. Section 3
  4. Section 4

Header 1

Header 2

Header 3

R1-C1
R1-C2
R2-C1
R2-C2

Additions/editions

Code:
Table of contents:
[color=#FFA500]
[list=1]
[*] Section 1
[*] Section 2
[*] Section 3
[*] Section 4
[/list]
[/color]

[hr]
[color=#FFA500][size=4]
[list]
[b]Header 1[/b]
[/list]
[/size][/color]

[color=#FFA500][size=2]
[b]Header 2[/b]
[/size][/color]

[color=#FFA500]
[list]
[b]Header 3[/b]
[/list]
[/color]

[table][tr][td]
[align=center][color=#FFA500][b]R1-C1[/b][/color][/align]
[/td][td]
[align=center][color=#FFA500][b]R1-C2[/b][/color][/align]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[align=center]R2-C1[/align]
[/td][td]
[align=center]R2-C2[/align]
[/td][/tr][/table]

[color=#4682B4]Additions/editions[/color]

[Image: 33nxcms.png]

[Image: tykkimiespng.png]

"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen."
30-01-2012, 08:50 PM | Post: #38
Offline 3Stan2112 
(30-01-2012 07:18 AM)tykkimies Wrote:  u should tell distance in yards

Why? Because game measurements are all in meters? Because they're basically the same for the distances involved in this game? Because you can't multiply by 1.1 so well?

[Image: i-R5cFsPJ-L.gif]

As of 6/3/13
01-02-2012, 05:30 AM | Post: #39
Offline Mekanismi 
now go and tell me why my AKSU +3 is as awesome as it was when i bought it.

[Image: bfp4fsignerfcopy.jpg]
01-02-2012, 05:40 AM | Post: #40
Offline Healin4ev3r 
I didn't post in this thread before? Damn.

Nice guide Smile Really useful and detailed. It gets better everytime you update it Big Grin
What about adding the Comparison Toll's link to the first post to make it more convenient for others Huh

Now I wish my suggestion about multi images can be approved so I can put all the good guides' link into my sig Sad

[Image: xhUzq]

Honey Badger
PTFO
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2012 05:42 AM by Healin4ev3r.)