Hello There, Guest!

05-01-2012, 12:04 AM | Post: #5921
Offline Pain7 
this game was great...you messed it up...and you are ignoring players...couse if you weren't you would return all weapons before 1.12. update when all weapons were great and could compete against each other..than game was matter of skill...now it's matter of boosters and shoutguns and few guns...it's not balanced...game now is awful..99% of great players left...
05-01-2012, 12:04 AM | Post: #5922
Online YoZza 
(04-01-2012 11:59 PM)max603 Wrote:  Has there been one response from EA on this thread?

Not on this thread.. but they(a blue) did respond saying basicly sack it up.. we are protected by TOS.
This is the way game will be from now on.. This booster fest is enough for me..
Well today i **** quit this crap.. im trying to get a ban on this account .. trying ... im gone

[Image: dg5d03.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 12:07 AM by YoZza.)
05-01-2012, 12:04 AM | Post: #5923
Offline Wizlawz 
(05-01-2012 12:01 AM)Raijukin Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 11:52 PM)Septuagint Wrote:  Not necessarily. The apartment analagy is a lot different. If they suspect illegal activities being done at THEIR apt they have the right to enter. EAsy cannot break a country or state law to SELL their PRODUCT. So we cannot compare apples and oranges. EAsy has broken their own promises, and removed player content that was promisef to last forever as it was originally. If we cant sue on what we bought, we can sue simply for their business practices and we go after their TOS. They therefore will be sued top dollar, and the TOS will be forced to be change to protect the consumer.

Ahh I think Septuagint makes a good point xD

ye it would be the TOS to go after so to speak. Laws change Daily and there is no reason the same methods can not be "employed" to do the same with such things as TOS and or EULA

[Image: 1977958]
05-01-2012, 12:06 AM | Post: #5924
Offline max603 
Lets see how that works out for them, not too good I bet!
05-01-2012, 12:38 AM | Post: #5925
Offline Vladulain 
Good marketing strategy: Releasing a full-auto sniper, SVU-A.. ~bought it~

Good marketing strategy: Releasing a slightly better full-auto sniper, VSS Vintorez.. ~bought it~

Bad marketing strategy: Taking away what I bought. ~Will never trust or purchase from EAsy again~

You could have simply kept creating new, better weapons.....those of us that WERE hooked, would have bought it.

05-01-2012, 12:40 AM | Post: #5926
Offline Mithaniel 
The fact is that this is a classic example of "bait-and-switch" which is not allowed in the UNited States. So how does EA get away with this? They have their chop-shop coders in Poland set this abortion up and then rip us off.

I PAID FOR THE WEAPON I WANTED and then you pull this ******** on us? WTF are you thinking? You assholes are ripping us off and you know it. Now my friggen game won't run AT ALL becuase your hacks can't code a decent fudging PB update. I followed the 6 PAGES of suggestions your CSR monkies try to give and NOTHING works! Now I am stuck with a worthless "free" game that I pumped $60 in to and get to play with a piece of awesome weapon I never wanted and even then i get to play for 2 fricken minutes before it crashes.

HEY! EA! UNFUCK YOURSELVES!
05-01-2012, 12:41 AM | Post: #5927
Offline Raijukin 
Ive been reading the TOS and from what i see i dont see anywhere it saying they are allowed to take away content a person has already purchased...

the closest thing to content editing stuff i see is this

10. Use and Expiration of Battlefield Virtual Currency.

During the term of your license, you have the right to redeem Battlefield Virtual Currency for selected Battlefield Content. We do not guarantee that any particular item offered as part of the Battlefield Services will be available at all times or at any given time. We do not guarantee that we will continue to offer particular items for any particular length of time. We reserve the right to change and update our inventory of Battlefield Content without notice to you. If you have not used your Battlefield Virtual Currency for twenty four (24) months or more and your account has a Battlefield Virtual Currency balance, your Battlefield Virtual Currency shall expire and your account may be cancelled for non-use. Once you -- or we as set forth below -- have redeemed Battlefield Virtual Currency for Battlefield Content, that content is not returnable, exchangeable, or refundable for Battlefield Virtual Currency or for cash, or other goods or services.

to me that sounds like any other TOS where you are allowed to update content and change your inventory and of course you cant guarantee an item will always be available...but i dont see anywhere that it says you have the right to remove content that players have purchased... sounds more like you are allowed to no longer OFFER the content to be purchased...but to remove a product from a player that has already purchased it... i dont see it... I may be wrong... here is the link guys..

http://battlefield.play4free.com/user/dsa/en
I got the above statement from number 10

your thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 12:43 AM by Raijukin.)
05-01-2012, 12:41 AM | Post: #5928
Offline -Tigar- 
They are back from vacation,

stepped in on it now all together brothers!

[Image: mojss.png]
"Tiger! Tiger! burning bright in the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye could frame thy fearful symmetry?"
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 12:43 AM by -Tigar-.)
05-01-2012, 12:58 AM | Post: #5929
Offline Drakes 
The Only reason for taking Legacy weapons is, for EA THIEVES to make money from weapon customisations. Thats it. Don't Bullshiet us that you want game to be balanced you bloody Thieves!!!
I Want what i paid For!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more buttlefunds, No more EA Free to play games , No More EA games of any kind!!!!!! Good job taking care about your customers.
05-01-2012, 01:06 AM | Post: #5930
Offline [NwT]HopeNSpray 
(04-01-2012 05:19 PM)Ainudil Wrote:  It isn't about -ignoring- legacy players. Simple fact is that this is our stance: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=61323

You mainly post in web bugs,did the other devs send you in here to cover up for them?

You guys know you did wrong yet you dont want to admit anything

[Image: nwty.jpg]
05-01-2012, 01:07 AM | Post: #5931
Offline Pete0806 
[Image: wearethe99copy.png]

I shared this image to the EA account and the german EA account on facebook and it took less than 2 minutes and the pictures were removed.

@EA: Can't you tolerate the truth?Angry
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 01:21 AM by Pete0806.)
05-01-2012, 01:08 AM | Post: #5932
Offline SupaB 
I've been keeping tabs on the progress of this so called update from 20 DEC (I call it crap.) Decided to give it a go today with a shotgun and pistol instead of my usual SCAR-L. Still completely unbalanced. I'm not sure what kind of balance they were trying to strike, but it's not a good one.

At this point, I've given up on the game. Until they come out with an update that makes the gameplay significantly better, you won't see me in server. I'd rather go back to closed beta. That's how bad it is.

I'll keep my eyes open for a class action lawsuit. Count me in.

I won't be trusting EA or EAsy with any more of my money in the future. Congratulations EA...you took a loyal gamer from all the way back in the BF1942 days and turned him completely against your company.

Happy New Year!
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 01:10 AM by SupaB.)
05-01-2012, 01:12 AM | Post: #5933
Offline CropedFrag 
(04-01-2012 11:44 PM)Wizlawz Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 11:40 PM)Raijukin Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 11:26 PM)Wizlawz Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 11:20 PM)Raijukin Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 10:42 PM)Raijukin Wrote:  Again, I may very well be wrong.. But...I don't think it matters what your stance is or what your "terms of service" says... Under federal law, the seller can not violate the Federal Trade Commission laws and regulations governing consumer protection and misleading marketing of products or services.

Your terms of service can only cover you so far... until you start thinking that makes you invincible and start breaking federal law by committing fraud and false advertisement..

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus28-...rules-road

Among other things which I will not go in to..I think one simple and very clear thing you are doing is making statements and advertising that products last "forever" before the purchase is made..that time frame for that product is part of the agreement upon purchase. By taking that product away without permission you are making that statement false and misleading the customers upon purchase. no?

Everyone? your thoughts?

Thoughts? ye sure:

Still waiting for those who want to do a law suit find out if the TOS we Agreed / Signed Nils the "LawSuit".

because even in Court if you "Waive" any rights yer screwed and then what??,... gonna sue because did not realise what "Waiving Yer Rights" meant exactly?

Ignorance is Bliss in the Eyes of the Law which means:

Know the Law or Wonder why,.. basically

I guess that's the sad part about it huh?... we waive our rights to do anything about them breaking the law...(if they are)

So what would happen is someone who did not sign the TOS found out about them committing fraud/theft (stealing peoples money by having them purchase battlefunds and then not giving those funds and not refunding the money or giving notice or reply on forum in response to transaction) or the false advertising as described previously.. The most you could do is maybe call out a red flag to the Better Business Bureau?

i once rented an apartment, and i needed it badly, i had to sign a piece of paper saying that they could ENTER WHENEVER THEY WANTED, it was "ILLEGAL" UNTIL I SIGNED IT.

and if you dont Sign / Agree to the TOS you NO PLAY this game, or use any other that has an "Agreement" and you decide not to check the "agree" box

and as per this:

So what would happen is someone who did not sign the TOS found out about them committing fraud/theft (stealing peoples money by having them purchase battlefunds and then not giving those funds and not refunding the money or giving notice or reply on forum in response to transaction) or the false advertising as described previously.. The most you could do is maybe call out a red flag to the Better Business Bureau?

they would have no weight basically because EVERYTHING has an"AGREEMENT" of some sort.

and as long as the "fraud etc" is covered by a "Clause" of some sort its all good, basically.

as they say:

READ THE FINE PRINT BEFORE SIGNING ANYTHING

I don't think their "Agreement" covers profit loss.

First time they announced without warning and beforehand testing, there was a considerable layoff of players and servers. I think there was close to 150 EU servers before December 20th, now there are 110.
Does anybody knows the players dropdown?

I'm expecting a second layoff after this offensive response EAsy.
Ignoring with a quick answer. Like someone here said: "you are good shooting yourselves on the foot".
A lot of parts in the agreement look very selfish... Ethics are being placed in secong here: ability to change the game "without notice" comes first... surprising. Don't be surprised to see a lot of bad propaganda against you.

After all, never anything in life has an agreement with everything (unless the universe itself).
This kind of reactions and consequences come after parts that your "Agreement" doesn't cover. Nonetheless, they should have been taken in account, but instead, you just decided to re-affirm your position.
(someone here needs an inteligence booster)

When you removed the old gameplay from the weapon with shocking differences and without notice, loads of people suspected, some left the game angry or unanimous but promissing to never buy from EA again, some remained either to continue playing nevertheless, or to fight for the re-establishment of the old gameplay... and a few supportes of the changes showed up. But also, loads of people started offending you over the business you made.
What do you think it will happen when you start insisting on your position, eventually offending people further? Don't be surprised if a lot of spam appears. I would not blame the spammers alone though.

Why EAsy. Why it has to be done in one way only? I bet there is a good solution that includes everyone having the exact possibilities, and neither the legacy or the +3 crap... For lately, the supporters that were basically players who bought the weapons in December, little by little have been starting to realise that they were in that position because YOU Easy, made the game that way. And tried to patch with a +3 something that nerfed the game completly.

You already lost loads of good players EAsy. I already miss playing with some of my friends too... Who is going to remain? Shotguns, Pistols and Boosters? Battlefield play4free? A game of super-heroes boosted gameplay? Is it realistic? Is it "Battlefield" at all? Or you just borrowed the title? Where is the squad system for the most needing players to keep with the experienced ones, and helping friends make more friends, playing with friends? Where is the prone for snipers not to get hit by assaulters? Did you have to nerf the assault gun to save the snipers? Was that the ONLY solution viable? Did you even consider testing anything at all? Why did you rush for the gun nerfing and pissing of your old players (for their honor I exclude myself from that list as I only play for a few months)? Oh I forgot, you also nerfed the snipers... So many ways to bring balance overtime, you only seemed to make this for the profit.

Dont you understand EAsy, that there are still a lot of people who only want to help you despite their anger? Who still have a bit of faith in this game? That it has the potential to become a powerful one? Releasing things with "free" on the name has a lot of advantages. I hope you realise though, that a lot of them do not work in a monetary product at all. Or that "too much" of anything also has a very bad impact, as bad as "too little". And I hope, for the best of this game, that you can take the best of the community that is yelling at you! There are loads of suggestions being placed... Feedback being given. And feedback is something that you are not missing now.

You answer with just one setence re-afirming you position EAsy? Are you sure you don't want to reconsider? Specially the way you open the mouth? One thing was a product service issue... another is respect for the community.
I'm loosing my reasons to stay here, as many players are. And you rather seem to give us reasons to just go away...

EAsy. You want to make things your way, fine. Just be ready to face any consequences you encounter. I mean ANY, as by now, I would expect almost anything. For there is a lot of ground that your "everything agreement" does not cover. Specially when it comes to playerhood and fun, for what I have seen.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 01:58 AM by CropedFrag.)
05-01-2012, 01:22 AM | Post: #5934
Offline [NwT]HopeNSpray 
I'm just waiting to see what this guy says when he's back tomorrow then my decision on leaving or staying is clear.

One dev already made a one line post,let's see how the other does.

[Image: nwty.jpg]
05-01-2012, 01:29 AM | Post: #5935
Offline 1A4Atheist 
Not happy. I will check back occasionally to see if they changed the weapons back to something similar to what they were. Until then I will not give another penny to EA for any game. All this change does for game play is make people even more likely to run around in spawn areas with the usas. Way to do everything you can to encourage spawn killing, good job (in case you don't catch the sarcasm this sentence is dripping with it). Sad Sad Exclamation
05-01-2012, 01:53 AM | Post: #5936
Offline iBenny 
hey, if i buy the primary wep booster, can i use 2 pistols? since i use them primary now? Big Grin

[Image: HScRH.png]
05-01-2012, 01:58 AM | Post: #5937
Offline Vladulain 
(05-01-2012 01:29 AM)1A4Atheist Wrote:  Not happy. I will check back occasionally to see if they changed the weapons back to something similar to what they were. Until then I will not give another penny to EA for any game. All this change does for game play is make people even more likely to run around in spawn areas with the usas. Way to do everything you can to encourage spawn killing, good job (in case you don't catch the sarcasm this sentence is dripping with it). Sad Sad Exclamation

My Recon is currently equipped with a USAS and Elite's MP443....not what I had in mind for my Recon. Rolleyes The game-play is so whack, I'd prefer to play LOTRO.

I too will be checking back periodically.

Undecided

05-01-2012, 02:00 AM | Post: #5938
Offline Pete0806 
"Silvanoshi
I'm back! Now where did I put that letter opener for all of my PMs?"

ha ha how funny! DodgyAngry
05-01-2012, 02:03 AM | Post: #5939
Offline Tuga 
(04-01-2012 10:55 PM)SkinnyG Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 10:02 PM)Tuga Wrote:  I suggest that you add on to mine and create your own threads warning people:

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=63951

@Tuga:
Gonna make a new thread?
No need bro. Someone already took care of it:

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=63971

05-01-2012, 02:05 AM | Post: #5940
Offline Tuga 
(05-01-2012 12:38 AM)Vladulain Wrote:  Good marketing strategy: Releasing a full-auto sniper, SVU-A.. ~bought it~

Good marketing strategy: Releasing a slightly better full-auto sniper, VSS Vintorez.. ~bought it~

Bad marketing strategy: Taking away what I bought. ~Will never trust or purchase from EAsy again~

You could have simply kept creating new, better weapons.....those of us that WERE hooked, would have bought it.
Exactly. Don't waste your breath, though. You know that people are *really* dumb when they don't even realize how dumb they are, therefore have no shame or remorse for their actions.