Hello There, Guest!

05-01-2012, 04:41 AM | Post: #5961
Offline Meatstorm 
All of these slEAsy creeps have real names:

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/credits

It's time we started using them. Find their Twitter accounts and whatever else you can. Let their "followers" know what kind of ethics these people have. Find their professional pages. Let other industry professionals know that slEAsy's unique new business model is based on deception and theft. Not so unique and new at all...

Let them feel the public shame that any common thief SHOULD feel!
05-01-2012, 04:44 AM | Post: #5962
Online Ghostrider0067 
Seeing as though some of you guys are BFH players and have experienced actions eerily similar to this by EAsy/EA, this should be familiar to you.. as sad and true as that is.

[Image: 391560_4337901687061_1154472848_n.jpg]
05-01-2012, 04:46 AM | Post: #5963
Online Ghostrider0067 
(05-01-2012 04:22 AM)Meatstorm Wrote:  From the Battlefield Digital Services Agreement: (Section 16)

"NOTHING CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT LIMITS EA’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATIONS, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY EA’S NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY TO THE EXTENT SUCH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW."

They acknowledge that they cannot limit their own liability pertaining to FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION. The words LASTS FOREVER on an item that is being sold with EXPRESSED and SPECIFIC capabilities is clearly a FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.

What I find interesting is the fact that out of the entire ToS/DSA, this section and another as it relates to it are the only ones written in caps. It would seem as though they knew these would be the sections that would draw the most ire and SCREAMED them at us.

How thoughtful.

05-01-2012, 04:51 AM | Post: #5964
Offline Meatstorm 
(05-01-2012 02:00 AM)Pete0806 Wrote:  "Silvanoshi
I'm back! Now where did I put that letter opener for all of my PMs?"

ha ha how funny! DodgyAngry

Don't be fooled. He is just gonna use that letter opener to stab us in the back some more.
05-01-2012, 04:59 AM | Post: #5965
Offline NastyBarstard 
FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.

sounds about right to me

(19-12-2011 03:06 PM)VitalBullet Wrote:  we are eliminating all “Legacy”
05-01-2012, 05:11 AM | Post: #5966
Offline Abstergo. 
(05-01-2012 04:41 AM)Meatstorm Wrote:  All of these slEAsy creeps have real names:

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/credits

It's time we started using them. Find their Twitter accounts and whatever else you can. Let their "followers" know what kind of ethics these people have. Find their professional pages. Let other industry professionals know that slEAsy's unique new business model is based on deception and theft. Not so unique and new at all...

Let them feel the public shame that any common thief SHOULD feel!

Let's be mature here. No stalking, and no scapegoating. Some of them might be innocent. Maybe.

[Image: 8572895847_bc370b60e2_b.jpg]
05-01-2012, 05:14 AM | Post: #5967
Offline Abstergo. 
I hope the next update turns all of this bovine feces around.

05-01-2012, 05:19 AM | Post: #5968
Offline E.Bailey 
To all those Canadians out there now that we have an answer i will post this as i already contacted a lawyer over Christmas (friend of mine) and he has advised me that we have several options regarding this (sorry to the rest of the world but this type of law is almost universal check your local laws).

None of these options are guaranteed to work out but as these weapons were advertised as "permanent" or "forever" we will have a very good case. There is very little case law around virtual property but what there is is all in our favour :-)

First piece of advice he says is to be patient, this could take months if not years and will take up some of your time and a little money if you are serious about it (cost of a small claims filing is usually $50 and we probably spent more on the weaps in the 1st place). But he also says it will cost EAsy much much more to fight 100000 small claims cases all around the world then it will be for each of us individually to file it and many of us will get default judgments when they don't show.

Second is to attempt to rectify through all other channels besides the courts first (judges dislike people jumping right to the courts). The only ones im aware of being with customer support and the BBB, document EVERYTHING, when you called/chatted/emailed, who it was you conversed with and what the outcome was. If you accept a resolution that is the final end of the process and what you get.

If that doesn't work to your satisfaction

1) If BF were purchased with a credit card, you can call your credit card company and file a services/product fraud complaint.
- Couple caveats with this option. The time since you made the purchase can greatly affect how this will turn out. If you bought the BF in Oct/Nov and the weapons at the same time you should be ok. 6 months previous to that it will be harder to argue.
- This now adds an additional company to the legal battle and can cause additional headaches for you but could also cause them for EAsy depending on how the CC company views this practice. The CC company may side with EAsy and deem it not fraud, at that point the charges will be restored to your CC.

2) Fraud and deceptive business practices (the courts)

Please note what Easy has done is not "bait and switch" it is actually classified as product/service or contract fraud depending on how it is viewed regarding virtual products(property) and the TOS (contract).

Fraud in this case is defined as advertising/selling a product/service then providing a substandard product/service than what was originally advertised. The hard part will be determining if what was provided is what we agreed to or not (TOS).

He reviewed the TOS and the section that the blues are pointing to DOES NOT state that they can remove/change/devalue currently owned virtual products when ever they like without compensation (he said if this is what EAsy's lawyers said they can do they need to be fired and disbarred). It does say they can change the inventory in their store and thats all unless their store inventory some how includes your characters inventory to which he can find no documentation saying so.

Additionally since the weapons were advertised as permanent and "forever" they cannot then go back and state that they have the right to change something that is "permanent" which has a direct dictionary definition of "Lasting or intended to last or remain unchanged indefinitely" which is what a layman would understand the word means and what the courts would consider.

Last thing is that the introduction of the customization closely followed by the removal of legacy weapon attachments is a very clear example of a company "enriching themselves through deception" as they sold you something, changed it and then charged you to get back what you already had. This being the case they could be up for massive fines or product injunctions if this was taken to criminal court (something else to look at)

Additionally he said we probably do not want to do a class action as it will actually be in EAsy's best interest as they will only need to fight one case in one district in each state/province/country filed.

So for all you out there we do have several resources, all depends on how far you want to take it. I personally do not know if i want to spend the time and effort for this as a BBB complaint takes 30 days and then a small claims case could take months to be heard but they have kinda ticked me off with this and the blue response in this thread reeks of arrogance.
05-01-2012, 05:20 AM | Post: #5969
Online Ghostrider0067 
(05-01-2012 05:14 AM)ReconWarrior13 Wrote:  I hope the next update turns all of this bovine feces around.

You're exactly the type of person they're counting on.. those who hope against hope.

Don't bet on anything at this point. The singular, arrogant statement made it crystal clear for everyone: THEY DON'T CARE WHAT WE THINK.

05-01-2012, 05:28 AM | Post: #5970
Offline Abstergo. 
(05-01-2012 05:20 AM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 05:14 AM)ReconWarrior13 Wrote:  I hope the next update turns all of this bovine feces around.

You're exactly the type of person they're counting on.. those who hope against hope.

Don't bet on anything at this point. The singular, arrogant statement made it crystal clear for everyone: THEY DON'T CARE WHAT WE THINK.

Don't be mistaken, my hopes are not high. Right now, they are at the "hanging on by the last f-ing thread." Not the forum thread, like a thin piece of string.

05-01-2012, 05:29 AM | Post: #5971
Offline S.W.A.T--T.E.A.M 
Meatstorm Wrote: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...#pid629624

Quote:From the Battlefield Digital Services Agreement: (Section 16)

"NOTHING CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT LIMITS EA’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATIONS, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY EA’S NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY TO THE EXTENT SUCH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW."

They acknowledge that they cannot limit their own liability pertaining to FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION. The words LASTS FOREVER on an item that is being sold with EXPRESSED and SPECIFIC capabilities is clearly a FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.

Ea Admits To Fraud
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 05:30 AM by S.W.A.T--T.E.A.M.)
05-01-2012, 05:29 AM | Post: #5972
Offline NastyBarstard 
AWESOME WORK !!!!!!!!

(19-12-2011 03:06 PM)VitalBullet Wrote:  we are eliminating all “Legacy”
05-01-2012, 05:37 AM | Post: #5973
Online Ghostrider0067 
(05-01-2012 05:28 AM)ReconWarrior13 Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 05:20 AM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  

Don't be mistaken, my hopes are not high. Right now, they are at the "hanging on by the last f-ing thread." Not the forum thread, like a thin piece of string.
I figured as much, and I'm right there with you. Trust that.

05-01-2012, 05:40 AM | Post: #5974
Offline Raijukin 
I would return these players products that they purchased as is immediately (does not have to be customizable weapon like the others).. it can be a fixed weapon with the mods and stats that where described in the ad. You can make your customizable mods for other weapons to have better stats if you want to bring balance...selling products to people on the grounds/agreement that it "last forever" and has specified capabilities and then taking those products away from the customer after purchase is false advertisement...THAT is illegal according to federal law.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 05:54 AM by Raijukin.)
05-01-2012, 05:46 AM | Post: #5975
Offline Septuagint 
E.bailey. I'm up for it. Let's get this done. I'll contact whoever I need to just to see EAsy pay for their crimes against all who were scammed. Since they admit no wrongdoing in their actions, they deserve any legal action coming to them. They also need really bad publicity from sites like ign, etc.

You know what they say, " pride comes before the fall.". And EAsy in their arrogance will fall.

[Image: signature.png]
05-01-2012, 05:48 AM | Post: #5976
Online Ghostrider0067 
(05-01-2012 05:46 AM)Septuagint Wrote:  They also need really bad publicity from sites like ign, etc.

I worked on that angle, and I've heard nothing back. I hit four more large and well known sites yesterday to no avail. I'll give them through the weekend to reply, but I'm not holding my breath over it.

05-01-2012, 05:51 AM | Post: #5977
Offline E.Bailey 
(05-01-2012 05:46 AM)Septuagint Wrote:  E.bailey. I'm up for it. Let's get this done. I'll contact whoever I need to just to see EAsy pay for their crimes against all who were scammed. Since they admit no wrongdoing in their actions, they deserve any legal action coming to them. They also need really bad publicity from sites like ign, etc.

You know what they say, " pride comes before the fall.". And EAsy in their arrogance will fall.

As i said just follow the steps i outlined but this does not guarantee the results you want, other than that there isn't much else you can do besides boycott their products
05-01-2012, 05:51 AM | Post: #5978
Offline Raijukin 
(05-01-2012 05:19 AM)E.Bailey Wrote:  To all those Canadians out there now that we have an answer i will post this as i already contacted a lawyer over Christmas (friend of mine) and he has advised me that we have several options regarding this (sorry to the rest of the world but this type of law is almost universal check your local laws).

None of these options are guaranteed to work out but as these weapons were advertised as "permanent" or "forever" we will have a very good case. There is very little case law around virtual property but what there is is all in our favour :-)

First piece of advice he says is to be patient, this could take months if not years and will take up some of your time and a little money if you are serious about it (cost of a small claims filing is usually $50 and we probably spent more on the weaps in the 1st place). But he also says it will cost EAsy much much more to fight 100000 small claims cases all around the world then it will be for each of us individually to file it and many of us will get default judgments when they don't show.

Second is to attempt to rectify through all other channels besides the courts first (judges dislike people jumping right to the courts). The only ones im aware of being with customer support and the BBB, document EVERYTHING, when you called/chatted/emailed, who it was you conversed with and what the outcome was. If you accept a resolution that is the final end of the process and what you get.

If that doesn't work to your satisfaction

1) If BF were purchased with a credit card, you can call your credit card company and file a services/product fraud complaint.
- Couple caveats with this option. The time since you made the purchase can greatly affect how this will turn out. If you bought the BF in Oct/Nov and the weapons at the same time you should be ok. 6 months previous to that it will be harder to argue.
- This now adds an additional company to the legal battle and can cause additional headaches for you but could also cause them for EAsy depending on how the CC company views this practice. The CC company may side with EAsy and deem it not fraud, at that point the charges will be restored to your CC.

2) Fraud and deceptive business practices (the courts)

Please note what Easy has done is not "bait and switch" it is actually classified as product/service or contract fraud depending on how it is viewed regarding virtual products(property) and the TOS (contract).

Fraud in this case is defined as advertising/selling a product/service then providing a substandard product/service than what was originally advertised. The hard part will be determining if what was provided is what we agreed to or not (TOS).

He reviewed the TOS and the section that the blues are pointing to DOES NOT state that they can remove/change/devalue currently owned virtual products when ever they like without compensation (he said if this is what EAsy's lawyers said they can do they need to be fired and disbarred). It does say they can change the inventory in their store and thats all unless their store inventory some how includes your characters inventory to which he can find no documentation saying so.

Additionally since the weapons were advertised as permanent and "forever" they cannot then go back and state that they have the right to change something that is "permanent" which has a direct dictionary definition of "Lasting or intended to last or remain unchanged indefinitely" which is what a layman would understand the word means and what the courts would consider.

Last thing is that the introduction of the customization closely followed by the removal of legacy weapon attachments is a very clear example of a company "enriching themselves through deception" as they sold you something, changed it and then charged you to get back what you already had. This being the case they could be up for massive fines or product injunctions if this was taken to criminal court (something else to look at)

Additionally he said we probably do not want to do a class action as it will actually be in EAsy's best interest as they will only need to fight one case in one district in each state/province/country filed.

So for all you out there we do have several resources, all depends on how far you want to take it. I personally do not know if i want to spend the time and effort for this as a BBB complaint takes 30 days and then a small claims case could take months to be heard but they have kinda ticked me off with this and the blue response in this thread reeks of arrogance.

Nice work Bailey.. I didn't know a lot of the court stuff, That's great info!! As for the illegal actions they have taken and what is described in the TOS..what you said is exactly what thought and was trying to describe! My research into the TOS statements and the illegal actions taken have shown the same conclusion. again, NICE JOB =)
05-01-2012, 05:53 AM | Post: #5979
Offline Septuagint 
(05-01-2012 05:48 AM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 05:46 AM)Septuagint Wrote:  They also need really bad publicity from sites like ign, etc.

I worked on that angle, and I've heard nothing back. I hit four more large and well known sites yesterday to no avail. I'll give them through the weekend to reply, but I'm not holding my breath over it.

Hmmm we must keep trying. Ign might be in partnership with EAsy. Ign's logo is on the battlefield heroes site. One thing is we need to make this known. We need to leave 0 scores and warnings on user reviews. We can do that at ign as well. Some o the more heard of websites.

[Image: signature.png]
05-01-2012, 05:58 AM | Post: #5980
Offline Raijukin 
(05-01-2012 05:53 AM)Septuagint Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 05:48 AM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  

Hmmm we must keep trying. Ign might be in partnership with EAsy. Ign's logo is on the battlefield heroes site. One thing is we need to make this known. We need to leave 0 scores and warnings on user reviews. We can do that at ign as well. Some o the more heard of websites.

dont forget these sites..

http://www.mmorpg.com/
http://www.onrpg.com/
http://mmohuts.com/
http://www.fpsguru.com/

You can make your own post on the sites that are forums.. such as mmorpg.com so you can get the word out without needing an official post from the creator of the site or things like that
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 05:59 AM by Raijukin.)