Hello There, Guest!

19-12-2011, 03:06 PM | Post: #1
Offline VitalBullet  Go to next Official Response...
[Image: update_gap.png]
Updated January 9th 2012

Hello fellow Soldiers!

As you all know, we recently removed “Legacy” attachments from Battlefield Play4Free as a way to introduce a better level of balance in the game. We appreciate all the feedback that you’ve been giving our team since this change and we assure you, this was a tough decision and not an easy one to make. That being said, we believe that it will deliver the most fun and enjoyable gaming experience to all players and as such these changes will remain.

In the spirit of continually improving Battlefield Play4Free, we are listening to your feedback and responding. Over the next few weeks, we will be implementing several community requested changes to the “+3” weapons:
  • Damage will be increased across all ranges of +3 weapons
    (Currently +3 weapons do 2 additional base (body) damage over all ranges compared to their non +3 counterpart. This will be increased to 3 addition points of damage)
  • Base ammo count will be increased across all +3 weapons
    (This will vary depending on the weapon and the weapon type)

In addition, we will be making some changes to currently imbalanced boosters (for example, the Mortar Strike and RPG Boosters).

If you have additional questions about the “Legacy” attachments, please refer to this Q&A. As always, we greatly appreciate your feedback and if you wish to comment on these new changes, please feel free to join in below.

Best regards,
The Battlefield Play4Free Team

Original Post December 19th 2011

Listen up Soldiers!

At the start of this month, we released weapon customization, an update that gave players the ability to personalize their arsenal as they saw fit. During this update we removed all “Elite” and “Veteran” primary weapons and in their place owners of these weapons were given new weapon attachments named “Legacy” items, that they could add to their guns.

As some of you may have already noticed, these “Legacy” items have made these weapons too powerful, significantly affecting the balance of the game which we did not foresee. So in an effort to restore balance and an enjoyable experience for everyone, we are eliminating all “Legacy” attachments and removing them from the game.

Existing owners of “Elite” and “Veteran” weapons (a.k.a "Legacy" attachment owners) will still get something in return, as we will replace your existing base weapons with new, unique, “+3” versions. These “+3” weapons are more powerful versions of the current base weapons with slightly increased stats and can still be upgraded with the full catalogue of customization items.

We value our community and your experience with the game is our top priority. We know it’s not fun to feel like you can’t win, and we know it’s not fun to feel like there’s no challenge. We’ve taken these steps to help ensure that we are delivering the most enjoyable gaming experience possible.

These changes will take into effect as of Tuesday, December 20 @ 09:00 UTC

If you wish to discuss these changes please leave a comment in this thread.

F.A.Q

What happened to my Legacy items?
As per the announcement from Tuesday, December 20 @ 09:00 UTC , all "Legacy" attachments have been removed from the game. We did this in an effort to bring better balance to the overall gameplay and improve the experience for all Battlefield Play4Free players.

For more information, please read the announcement above.

Why was this change made?
The change was made to improve the balance and the overall experience of the game. The "Legacy" attachments were unfortunately too powerful, significantly affecting the game’s balance.

For more information, please read the announcement above.

Why not increase the stats of the other attachments instead?
Our goal is to create a game that is fun and enjoyable for all our players, from beginners to veterans. If we were to increase the stats of all attachments this would create a much more fast-paced and chaotic experience, that we felt would further imbalance the game and frustrate our community.

I owned "Legacy" attachments what do I get in return?
For those who previously owned the "Legacy" attachments you will be given a unique "+3" version of the gun that you had "Legacy" attachments for. These "+3" weapons have an increased base damage which you can still improve to your liking by using our catalogue of customization parts.

Can I get a refund for weapons I have purchased?
No, there is a no refund policy for items purchased in game.

For more information, please read the Battlefield Digital Services Agreement at the following link:
http://battlefield.play4free.com/user/dsa/en

You can also view Electronic Arts Terms of Service at the following link:
http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC

Why don’t you listen to the community and what we want?
We absolutely value our community. We constantly monitor our forums for feedback and ideas on how to make Battlefield Play4Free a better game. Your experience is our top priority. We know it hasn’t been fun to feel like you can’t win, and we know it hasn’t been fun to feel like there’s no challenge. This is a situation where we had to make a tough decision, and in the short term, it is not pleasant for everyone, but we believe these changes will lead to a more enjoyable gaming experience for all our players.

19-12-2011, 03:30 PM | Post: #2
Offline subp-01 
It's a bunch of mixed feelings really.

It feels good that the legacies will now not have their crazy and unfair stats, but will we be getting the value we purchased for the cash? We will see...

What about veteran version? Will it be +2 version or what?

I am assuming +3 means +3 hitpoints to base min/max damage?

Post release update:

Having checked the weapons stats after the update I feel like I have no other option than to demand compensation. I have sent ticket to the billing support.
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 03:01 PM by subp-01.)
19-12-2011, 03:31 PM | Post: #3
Offline JohnnyCache 
So basically you're removing OP modules with OP base guns which can't be bought right now?
You also said that you'd remove all(!) legacy modules, which would also include standard legacy weapons like the M24. With this change the ammo count would drop from 5/4 to 6/3, which would be 2 rounds less. Is this right?

~soilderkill~
"EA is gonna be so surprised that there is gonna be so many people on the top 100"
19-12-2011, 03:31 PM | Post: #4
Offline GALVAN2 
(19-12-2011 03:06 PM)VitalBullet Wrote:  
we are eliminating all “Legacy” attachments and removing them from the game.
How about the recoil? How about the damage and other attchments about the guns?
19-12-2011, 03:32 PM | Post: #5
Offline =LAMPA= 
My suggestion: quit customization do elite veteran and normal like before update Smile

19-12-2011, 03:34 PM | Post: #6
Offline strangers123 
I don't really mind the DAMAGE...For the sake of it, my guns could do 1 damage per hit, if the accuracy and recoil maintains the same. Thats probably why I bought guns like the M240B, MP5 and the GOL. These guns have easily controllable recoil which is a major descisive factor in my purchases. As long as the recoil stays along the same line and my M240B still has 150 bullets im happy. The Elites M60, the M95 and the AKS-74U all have more damage then the guns listed, but the reason I don't use them is because of their slightly more "unpredictable" recoil and in one case, the sights being off.

19-12-2011, 03:34 PM | Post: #7
Offline [KS]..:MaLinA:.. 
wtf don't understand... let's see in practise.... but i luv my mp5...
19-12-2011, 03:34 PM | Post: #8
Offline imlay 
hmmmm...

[Image: p4fsiggy]
suggestions: Pilot skill training * ^[CBC] Closed Beta Community [CBC]^ * Right click = remove 1 training
19-12-2011, 03:38 PM | Post: #9
Offline darkcobra 
hmm all my guns are elite awesome i hope they dont become useless without legacy attachments
19-12-2011, 03:39 PM | Post: #10
Offline .:bfp4f:. 
EPIC nice
19-12-2011, 03:40 PM | Post: #11
Offline doc.rock 
boo boo Angry Sad Exclamation
19-12-2011, 03:41 PM | Post: #12
Offline Elgar36992 
just go back to the normal standard-veteran-elite setting.

[Image: 7lX3YNj.jpg?1]
"We will NEVER scrim you again! You all hack! Especially those guys with the STGs" - The opponents of ESG.
UP2DATE

19-12-2011, 03:41 PM | Post: #13
Offline Jarbcd 
Gimme some battlefunds aswell and i will not complain
But otherwise YOU ARE mentally slower than "average"
WE PURCHASED LEGACY
THOSE + 3 things better make up for it
19-12-2011, 03:41 PM | Post: #14
Offline Edzter 
lol i dont see attachements overpowerd, however nerfing gun mag size is bullcrap

the default smg mag size decreased from 30 to 22, but default sniper mag size increased from 4 to 6, lolgic?

btw will you fix the dam screen shake issue? its realy anoying

also i hope with this you wont make permanent weapons BF only? i need only 4k till i can get a perm scar
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 03:55 PM by Edzter.)
19-12-2011, 03:42 PM | Post: #15
Offline =Lt.Orocy= 
Very well done EA. Now you even backreap your own players. You take OUR guns away. We bought it with OUR money. That all wouldn't have happened if you wouldn't have introduced that stupid customization option.
19-12-2011, 03:42 PM | Post: #16
Offline daglsfghafkhgks 
easy made a bad step introducing the attachments system, now the realized the made a mistake,and what do they do?

removing what we have paid for, the elite legacy stuff, because we bought ur guns before the 1st decemeber

we dont you remove this awesome update??
19-12-2011, 03:42 PM | Post: #17
Offline doc.rock 
i do not like it at all
19-12-2011, 03:44 PM | Post: #18
Offline [z52]Ninrod 
I paid 90 000 credited my scar and you remove the elite elites legacys? will take in the ass, I paid the elite not this trash that you have called scar, I paid battlefounds weapons elites not worsened into basic and **** games, I spent my money for nothing, if they want me banned and even good
19-12-2011, 03:44 PM | Post: #19
Offline boohaakid 
this is lousy....first we buy weapons with preupdate custom....now you are removing that ....please for gods sake at least give us something...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: sg-game-sig.jpg]
19-12-2011, 03:45 PM | Post: #20
Offline Galadon 
unbelievable...
first recon becomes unplayable now my medic will suffer as well, does your cruelty know no bounds!Angry never even heard anyone complain about the legacy weapons. its clear lots of players requested attachments, ive seen it suggested a ton of times so i wont say we didnt ask for something like this. but its not like it wouldnt have evened itself out over time, these players here wont play the game FOREVER legacy weapons would slowly fade anyway, why speed up the process?!
im not gonna demand my money back...YET, until i see how bad the damage is, but who knows...i was content with the downgrade when all this attachment stuff started because i had legacy, i wasnt one of those poor souls who had to play the game for 10 freakin hours to afford enough credits for ONE day of attachments, their problem for not gettin weapons pre update. but now im gonna be doin the same thing cause lord knows im not buyin another dime worth of battlefunds

btw can ya fix the camera shake bug while your at it?
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 04:24 PM by Galadon.)