Hello There, Guest!

06-12-2011, 02:57 AM | Post: #101
Offline Scott_NZ 
I don't think it should be what is effectively heavy artillery support like it currently is. The individual rounds should gradually hit the target area with a few seconds between each impact, like a sane mortar strike. It would prevent the enemy from camping without it being overpowered at the same time.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 02:57 AM by Scott_NZ.)
06-12-2011, 03:27 AM | Post: #102
Offline OperatorFox 
[Image: screen058.jpg]

yup Rolleyes

06-12-2011, 03:46 AM | Post: #103
Offline MickeyMouse 
What a surprise; someone has already created a post for this problem. I realized that there was something wrong yesterday for the first time, but I didn't realize it was a problem until it happened again today but only worse than the first time. When I first noticed something was strange, I thought that I was just playing bad, but when it continued even when I put in an honest effort to do well, I had to figure out what it was. Immediately, I noticed a bunch of things that didn’t make any sense. The first thing odd that I noticed was that 9 of the players on the other team were playing Recon class which wouldn’t be odd except we were playing on Sharqi, which is usually avoided by most recon players. Also, I noticed that all the recon players were on top of the scoreboard every game which is unheard of on that map, and every time that I was killed it due to a mortar strike instead of being shot which is what usually happens. WTF is going on?

My first thought when I noticed some of these strange things was that some of these players must be using some sort of hack, mostly because the frequency of their attacks seemed way too high, however, after chatting with one of the players using it today, I learned that the reload time for mortars is only 30 seconds now, so they obviously weren't cheating. My only experience using the mortar strike was when I tried it on the PTE, however at the time I found it to be under-powered and not worth using my training points on. Since it appeared that something had changed I decided that I had to try it again to see what it was. It didn’t take more than a couple of games to discover what it was that changed. In my second game using it, I was able to get a 24/3 score with literally no effort at all. It’s extremely powerful now, and it refreshes every 30 seconds just like I was told. It is so easy to find a safe place to hide and effortlessly launch mortar strike’s, one after another, with little chance of being hit in return. I played one game today where I was never even scratched once during the entire game but at the same time I was getting multiple kills with every strike.

I've come to the conclusion that it isn't overpowered, because it should be strong, after all it’s a mortar strike, however the frequency in which it is allowed to be used is way too high now, and it should be reduced immediately. My recommendation is to allow it to be used no more than once a minute at the most.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 03:51 AM by MickeyMouse.)
06-12-2011, 04:25 AM | Post: #104
Offline YukieHuman 
(05-12-2011 03:04 PM)RB1982 Wrote:  
(05-12-2011 02:35 PM)YukieHuman Wrote:  
(05-12-2011 02:20 PM)RB1982 Wrote:  What you think?

I'm glad you're not the one deciding these things.

I could say the same thing to you...

At least I´m trying to express my opinion and supporting with ideas, what about you?

At least say what you think? Are you ok with this? if yes what to you have to say if you are not the one raining downs meteors from hell, how the game flows if after the flags are captured you can even get near without a meteor kills you?

I'm all for nerfing gew MS booster, but your idea about the execution is just downright waaaaaah.

Not that I personally even care if MS gets turned into a decoration, I don't even use the unboosted version. Recons have to dump 6 skill points into total garbage just to get MS. The whole left side skill tree = shtt besides motion sensor.

HOWEVER, what's the farging point of having a special class specific tier 3 ability, if you can only use it once per round? Lol. THINK!

Have you ever even used unboosted mortar strike? Mortar is fine, just remove the booster.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 04:40 AM by YukieHuman.)
06-12-2011, 04:54 AM | Post: #105
Offline Zonkerly 
Too much of a overkill,way too much!!
06-12-2011, 06:51 AM | Post: #106
Offline Ghostrider0067 
While I too am greatly annoyed by the inherent problem thus created by the inclusion of boosters, combating MS is somewhat simple unless you're having your spawn rained on almost endlessly: don't go where they're firing down!

I had a dose of MS rage a couple of days ago where three guys used boosted MS almost exclusively. However, I found that two of the three frequently camped in the same spot when lasing the target area, and I made those two suffer repeatedly by the precise fire of my rifle. It got so much so that one of the guys ceased using his MS and made it his mission to seek me out personally due to blind rage (which didn't help him at all, mind you). The other two left after a while.

So... you can either stay out of the danger zones and attempt to seek out and flank your punisher, you can continue playing and hope that those who are using this method will leave, or, the lamest option, you can rage quit. It's your call, but once I find a server I like, I tend to stay there for a while.

I do agree that the unboosted MS needs to have its damage increased slightly and that the boosted version should be reduced.

I use MS, but I do so unboosted. I am against the boosters and refuse to use them at all. I do just fine with my MS unboosted, but I do nearly all of my dirty work with my RIFLE... and that's how it should be.

[Image: 391560_4337901687061_1154472848_n.jpg]
06-12-2011, 06:53 AM | Post: #107
Offline Razor2011 
yep i guess the time has come for me to quit this shitass game. *sigh* wish my comp could run bf3

good work easy u lost a paying customer

maybe ill reconsider if u scratch the fking boosters

and learn how to make a fair game
06-12-2011, 06:57 AM | Post: #108
Offline Ghostrider0067 
(06-12-2011 06:53 AM)Razor2011 Wrote:  *sigh* wish my comp could run bf3

Yeah, I'm in that boat as well... but I'm not quitting. Suit yourself, but it just makes you appear that you're lacking enough skill to make due with the changes. Man up, grab your rifle, and put bullets into bodies. It's as simple as that, man.

Or just quit.

06-12-2011, 06:57 AM | Post: #109
Offline EgonSpengler 
(06-12-2011 06:51 AM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  While I too am greatly annoyed by the inherent problem thus created by the inclusion of boosters, combating MS is somewhat simple unless you're having your spawn rained on almost endlessly: don't go where they're firing down!

I had a dose of MS rage a couple of days ago where three guys used boosted MS almost exclusively. However, I found that two of the three frequently camped in the same spot when lasing the target area, and I made those two suffer repeatedly by the precise fire of my rifle. It got so much so that one of the guys ceased using his MS and made it his mission to seek me out personally due to blind rage (which didn't help him at all, mind you). The other two left after a while.

So... you can either stay out of the danger zones and attempt to seek out and flank your punisher, you can continue playing and hope that those who are using this method will leave, or, the lamest option, you can rage quit. It's your call, but once I find a server I like, I tend to stay there for a while.

I do agree that the unboosted MS needs to have its damage increased slightly and that the boosted version should be reduced.

I use MS, but I do so unboosted. I am against the boosters and refuse to use them at all. I do just fine with my MS unboosted, but I do nearly all of my dirty work with my RIFLE... and that's how it should be.

That would make sense if we were playing Team Deathmatch, however, we are playing an objective based game type and what areas do you imagine get spammed with boosted mortar strikes the most? That's correct, flags. So sure, if you are just playing the game to rack up kills without trying to win then avoiding mortar strikes are easy.

[Image: ghostbusters_2-logo-B596D8849A-seeklogo.com.gif]

Who you gonna' call?
06-12-2011, 07:06 AM | Post: #110
Offline Ghostrider0067 
(06-12-2011 06:57 AM)EgonSpengler Wrote:  
(06-12-2011 06:51 AM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  While I too am greatly annoyed by the inherent problem thus created by the inclusion of boosters, combating MS is somewhat simple unless you're having your spawn rained on almost endlessly: don't go where they're firing down!

That would make sense if we were playing Team Deathmatch, however, we are playing an objective based game type and what areas do you imagine get spammed with boosted mortar strikes the most? That's correct, flags. So sure, if you are just playing the game to rack up kills without trying to win then avoiding mortar strikes are easy.

I'm far from a stat padder, Egon. I'm an aggressive and active recon, and I'm always on the move. As a real military veteran, I know the proper use of proper combat tactics and apply them every game I play in order to accomplish the objectives of both my team and my own. Flanking a target is a day one tactic. If more people used that technique, flags could be more easily captured as opposed to trying to hold one target and gain no ground. As for my style and methodology, I always think about the team FIRST and could give a rat's about my personal stats. What matters to me is winning the match for my TEAM. Anything else is considered failure.

All that said, MS makes things exceedingly difficult but not unbearable. Those recons who spam can be found and shot.. over and over again. Playing primarily as a recon myself, I know the range limitations of the MS weapon and the best places in which to sight it in on a target. Based on that knowledge, I have a better feel for putting those spammers down. I suppose that not everyone has the same expertise, but common sense also plays into it a lot. It's too bad many of the players who play this game don't have any or are so self serving in their pursuit of the best K/D that they lose sight of the team aspect. Comms and squads could help resolve that immediately, but I doubt either will come about anytime soon.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 07:09 AM by Ghostrider0067.)
06-12-2011, 07:13 AM | Post: #111
Offline Haitan 
dont nerf the power, just limit the radius...that will make happy recon and other
p.s ye and btw make it damage/kill yourself if used near
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 07:15 AM by Haitan.)
06-12-2011, 07:14 AM | Post: #112
Offline EgonSpengler 
(06-12-2011 07:06 AM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  
(06-12-2011 06:57 AM)EgonSpengler Wrote:  

I'm far from a stat padder, Egon. I'm an aggressive and active recon, and I'm always on the move. As a real military veteran, I know the proper use of proper combat tactics and apply them every game I play in order to accomplish the objectives of both my team and my own. Flanking a target is a day one tactic. If more people used that technique, flags could be more easily captured as opposed to trying to hold one target and gain no ground. As for my style and methodology, I always think about the team FIRST and could give a rat's about my personal stats. What matters to me is winning the match for my TEAM. Anything else is considered failure.

All that said, MS makes things exceedingly difficult but not unbearable. Those recons who spam can be found and shot.. over and over again. Playing primarily as a recon myself, I know the range limitations of the MS weapon and the best places in which to sight it in on a target. Based on that knowledge, I have a better feel for putting those spammers down. I suppose that not everyone has the same expertise, but common sense also plays into it a lot. It's too bad many of the players who play this game don't have any or are so self serving in their pursuit of the best K/D that they lose sight of the team aspect. Comms and squads could help resolve that immediately, but I doubt either will come about anytime soon.

Well Ghost I'm glad to hear you play the objective. However that doesn't make capping a flag any less challenging when a few recon with boosted mortar strike, or as I like to call it "tactical nukes", are dropping them ontop of you. I've been inside completely covered areas and been killed by its blast radius alone. I mean people were raving about how overpowered the rpg booster is, but boosted mortar strike is like a hail storm of boosted rpgs. Oh and I agree about how un-team oriented this game is.

[Image: ghostbusters_2-logo-B596D8849A-seeklogo.com.gif]

Who you gonna' call? (This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 07:16 AM by EgonSpengler.)
06-12-2011, 07:32 AM | Post: #113
Offline Ghostrider0067 
(06-12-2011 07:14 AM)EgonSpengler Wrote:  Well Ghost I'm glad to hear you play the objective. However that doesn't make capping a flag any less challenging when a few recon with boosted mortar strike, or as I like to call it "tactical nukes", are dropping them ontop of you. I've been inside completely covered areas and been killed by its blast radius alone. I mean people were raving about how overpowered the rpg booster is, but boosted mortar strike is like a hail storm of boosted rpgs. Oh and I agree about how un-team oriented this game is.

*slightly truncated to avoid all of text *

I just can't play the game any other way. It's not in my nature, and my training just takes over my brain and makes me move. LOL

It's extremely challenging when you've got very skilled opponents using MS since they, like me, will know just where to be, when to fire, and when to evade. However, I fully accept that challenge despite how pissed it may make me on occasion.

Realism clearly is not a strong point with this game (I'm not getting into that one again), but a certain measure of the lack needs to be considered. A standard field barrage from non-vehicle based mortars wouldn't put out that much focused hurt. The only thing that might would be vehicle based, 81mm or larger, mortar batteries or, more realistically, artillery. I know that this game is based on BF2 and arty was a factor and this is where the MS stems from, but the devs need to scale it back to make it accurate to how it is in the real world.

I would have preferred the recon to have a laser range finder and able to spot a position that they wish to have pounded by mortar fire. I would also have preferred that the engineer be given the option to carry either the RPG/AT weapon or a mortar with the latter focusing on the team aspect of a spotter and a mortar man/team. This would enable the engineer to function in a manner that's realistic and complementary to the recon. Here's how I wish it would work:

> Recon uses range finder/binoculars to spot a position which he/she wishes to have pummeled by locking in with left click. Scroll wheel functions as variable zoom. Emote still functions as normal.

> Engineer sees icon on the map and moves into a position to throw shells which will be shown as a radius circle on the map.

> Recon switches to primary weapon for offensive/defense fire and/or vacates position.

> Engineer sets up mortar and fires until all shells expended. Mortar shells can be replenished by ammo crate.

> Engineer has mortar cooldown of slightly less than current MS time.

> Recon can continue using binoculars/RF to spot targets further than fog of war visual range.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 07:34 AM by Ghostrider0067.)
06-12-2011, 07:50 AM | Post: #114
Offline Razor2011 
(06-12-2011 06:57 AM)Ghostrider0067 Wrote:  
(06-12-2011 06:53 AM)Razor2011 Wrote:  *sigh* wish my comp could run bf3

Yeah, I'm in that boat as well... but I'm not quitting. Suit yourself, but it just makes you appear that you're lacking enough skill to make due with the changes. Man up, grab your rifle, and put bullets into bodies. It's as simple as that, man.

Or just quit.

i think ill quit for the time being
if i wanted to play some game like this i would have gone to COD

yea thats right in my opinion even COD is better than this awesome

trust me with the motor strikes u cant even escape them
i try hiding in buildings....... oh guess what i still get killed

better start working hard to get a good rig to play bf3 Smile
or wait till mass effect 3 comes out
06-12-2011, 07:59 AM | Post: #115
Online sn0wXz 
Who cares? Its OP and im assault running capping flags ect, i get killed by noskill recons with OP MS, im not complaining about it because its going to be funny when it gets nerf like RPG and they are back to normal scores/kd. I cant be a hypocrite i use c4 for 10-15k a round depending on the map (more points in my opinion on oman/dragon valley then karkand), but i have to drive up to them or rush up to them (cant throw c4 far), or use pre-emptive knowledge of where they will come to and sit to cap flag....

I have to make an effort, and risk myself to any engineer with a rpg/mine to take out humvee in 1 hit (dont use apc/tank for jihad obviously), There is a certain time frame where i am vunerable and might have to ditch the jihad attempt, it requires ability to not fail with c4, ofc you see some assaults with c4 and never bother using it to the full potential, or correctly.

The same cant be said about MS and its quick scope on a crudely aimed area and watch 10 kills feed to you for no effort> wait 30 secs> repeat...? Lol.. All that and I dont think about "quiting" over a OP ability one class has over another. I was on the boat of quitting for bf3, but im waiting for xmas to get a 6850, you dont really need a "good" rig to play bf3, just average vid card, probably cheap athlon quad core like the phenom II i got from newegg pretty cheap, theres no point in buying a 2600k processor for bf3, lol...(i dont doubt some dual cores run it fine too), meh ram is so cheap now, 25$ or something for 4gb where like 2 years ago the same brand would have been 100$, dont ask me how the market on ram dropped so fast...gah im off topic here like 2-3 times lol...

[Image: basesigcopy.png]

BF3 Profile
06-12-2011, 08:39 AM | Post: #116
Offline NastyBarstard 
(06-12-2011 03:46 AM)MickeyMouse Wrote:  Recon class which wouldn’t be odd except we were playing on Sharqi, which is usually avoided by most recon players. Also, I noticed that all the recon players were on top of the scoreboard every game which is unheard of on that map

lolz My recon FatBarstard Cool would be on top of scorboard on sharqi or whatever map without mortar ,cause i rock !!!!

the mortar is 4 LOLZ btw Angel

(19-12-2011 03:06 PM)VitalBullet Wrote:  we are eliminating all “Legacy”
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 08:40 AM by NastyBarstard.)
06-12-2011, 10:23 AM | Post: #117
Offline trollbob2 
i completely agree
06-12-2011, 10:36 AM | Post: #118
Offline Heyoka 
(06-12-2011 10:23 AM)trollbob2 Wrote:  i completely agree

Troll.Tongue

Moderator HomeSen edit:
Max. size for the full signature can not exceed 250 pixels in height and/or 900 pixels in width. This includes images, text, quotes and links. Maximum combined size may not exceed 500KB. Please read the FORUM RULES before posting a new one.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181...oolsig.png

Silvanoshi Wrote:  I can't even recall the last title that didn't include every single community request in some form of follow-up update
06-12-2011, 10:53 AM | Post: #119
Offline Lhoigor 
Oh my god...what is this? 13 years old girls have discovered the internet? Your mothers are already tired so you guys came here to cry? because all i see here is something like: "hey mummy, i am the best assault/medic/engineer of all but there is noob and evil recon with MS who is killing me all the time...mummy do somehting about it" ... "hey mummy, now there are 2/3 of them in one team.....they´re killing me...do something!!!!" ... "hey mummy!!! are you deaf? that sniper is on the top of scoreboard.....that´s my spot so DO SOMETHING!!!!"

what the hell do you want people.....you are fighting against every single feature which could possibly give recons some advantage over other classes.....we have no ammo boxes, no medic kits, only small amount of ammo, disadvantage against vehicles, disadvantage on short/medium range(because of the scope and rate of fire), we are vulnerable on long range because of the threat awareness(enemies doesn´t have to actually see us, it is enough to know our position), recons HAVE TO AIM to hit something(and physically see the target), we are supposed to be rulers of the long range fire but in fact on sharqui/basra/karkand i can see only on 80-90m max(over 90 i see just a fog or dust), we have no RPGs, no C4, claymores can be destroyed or avoided, we can´t call the reiforcements...any class can kill up to 3-4 enemies without reloading, snipers only 0-1.....what are the chances for a recon attacking/defending a flag alone....and other classes? ....and still anytime recons complain about something, the most common answer is "so don´t play recon if you don´t like it or can´t play it"....

and what is your idea of mortar strike? that someone will cast it without killing anybody? that the only harm is 20-40hp to every soldier in area which can be cured by single medic kit? Be honest, what is the point of using something that can kill 0 or max 1-2 soldiers if you get very very lucky on 80m when any average sniper can actually give a headshot on 80m? and you have to expose yourself to the fire for 4-5 seconds?

btw, MS without booster....on smaller maps even with 5/5 MS when casted, 3 of 5 shells finish on the rooftops...and remaining 2 have to hit your heads to kill you...but what is the chance? it is like 10 casts and 1 kill

So in fact, mortar strike is NOT killing the GAME....it is killing YOU....that´s the only reason of this topic. And it is working because of those stereotype strategies...If you are as good as you are saying, i am sure you will figure out how to avoid it...
06-12-2011, 11:03 AM | Post: #120
Offline Lhoigor 
(06-12-2011 06:57 AM)EgonSpengler Wrote:  That would make sense if we were playing Team Deathmatch, however, we are playing an objective based game type and what areas do you imagine get spammed with boosted mortar strikes the most? That's correct, flags. So sure, if you are just playing the game to rack up kills without trying to win then avoiding mortar strikes are easy.

jesus....but once the flag is taken, nobody force you to stay there forever....EA-GOD bleesed you with 2 legs so use them properly...wow problem solved....MS is not capable of wining the game for you...it is capable of slowing down your enemies....if used properly and exclusively with booster...without it it is just a harmless sh*t. Stop camping on flags, change positions, play offensive, stop using the most common paths....i can get 10 kills only when 10 of you are sitting at the same spot....split up and everything will be fine

now lets change the point of view...in your opinion, how is recon(armed with sniper rifle) supposed to take flags when there is a couple of medics sitting on medic kits(2-4)...they have 3x more bullets in 1 magazine than sniper in all magazines together...bodyshot doesn´t work at all, they just get healed....headshots doesn´t work because you kill one, the other one will rise him up...pistol? sure, go ahead against 2 machine guns....knife? well, i didn´t know this is a sci-fi game.....besides, there are 14 other enemies you have to take care of...it is absolutely normal when 10 medics play in the same team....it happend to me several times and i hate saw m249 since that moment.....vehicle maps....dragon valley, like a week ago...7 engineers as my enemies....i got all the RPGs in my ass just when i tought of finding some vehicle....mines everywhere...they blocked the russian base with 2 APC´s and tank with apache and littlebird waiting for us....that is fair...but guy with MS is waaaaay too much...
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 11:25 AM by Lhoigor.)