Hello There, Guest!

07-12-2011, 04:43 PM | Post: #201
Offline mooning_cat 
Its not the mortar strike that needs a nerf, its the booster. Played with mortar strike 5/5 some time to test it, of course without the booster, and it did better with shooting my main weapon. If you pick up the booster, its a complete different story!

Just remove the booster or give admins the option to forbid them. All those booster-nubs may play at EA servers and run trough overpowered rpg's while searching cover from the incoming mortar.

Anyway, I am sure it wont happen. Thank you EA for doing so well.

07-12-2011, 04:53 PM | Post: #202
Offline Lhoigor 
(07-12-2011 04:39 PM)ktm87 Wrote:  well imo it just brokes this game as this is a team game and only one ms user(boosted) is forcing other team to not use teamplay...or atleast majorly makes it difficult..
and for flag caps its just too easy to cap flag as recon atm.
throw motion ball>if enemys,ms> go at the flag> watch map where they are coming>kill them, flag capped Smile

well, in fact, in my opinion team playing is more important now.....flares, reinforcements, spotting....everything. Players will have to pay more attention on strategies because running at flag-flag-flag-flag routes will not work this time.....there will be much more work for recons in anti-snipers tasks as well as for assaults and medics on infantry maps...

it is quiet common to see players using different characters but using almost the same skill tree and gameplay style.....i have seen medics, recons and engineers play assault style paying no attention to class-specific abilities.....i have seen players camping 20m away from their own flag and seek someone to shoot while enemies were taking it...

it may change now....i hope it will....
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 04:55 PM by Lhoigor.)
07-12-2011, 04:55 PM | Post: #203
Offline mooning_cat 
(07-12-2011 04:53 PM)Lhoigor Wrote:  well, in fact, in my opinion team playing is more important now.....flares, reinforcements, spotting....everything. Players will have to pay more attention on strategies

Those 12 year old kids dont go for teamwork. They only rush for kills and start crying if getting a bad k/d ratio. Sad story. Their parents should buy them MW3 and it would be way more teamwork on all of our server.

07-12-2011, 05:05 PM | Post: #204
Offline Lhoigor 
(07-12-2011 04:55 PM)mooning_cat Wrote:  
(07-12-2011 04:53 PM)Lhoigor Wrote:  well, in fact, in my opinion team playing is more important now.....flares, reinforcements, spotting....everything. Players will have to pay more attention on strategies

Those 12 year old kids dont go for teamwork. They only rush for kills and start crying if getting a bad k/d ratio. Sad story. Their parents should buy them MW3 and it would be way more teamwork on all of our server.

yope...thousands and thousands copies of Justin Bieber....it is like infection you can´t really get rid of....
07-12-2011, 05:15 PM | Post: #205
Offline kazimi3 
Using the MS without booster is really funny. You hit a bunch of camping enemies with 50-60 damage if you're lucky and then your teammates can pop them easely.

Using the MS with booster isn't funny. You hit a bunch of camping enemies with 100-110 damage and you kill them all.

A recon is used to be helping his team with MS, Motion Sensor and his spot skill. A recon isn't someone to get 20-0 kills.

If your team is losing and you keep dieing, look at the sky and you will see me flying a plane
07-12-2011, 05:26 PM | Post: #206
Offline [HB]Akanto 
(07-12-2011 05:15 PM)kazimi3 Wrote:  A recon is used to be helping his team with MS, Motion Sensor and his spot skill. A recon isn't someone to get 20-0 kills.
sure he is. Jusz use you gun well. Tongue
Ohh, and 20 0 with mortar is not very good. With a boosted mortar you can make 11 kills with one bäääm.
Wirhout you can make... 1? (If youre lucky)

[Image: 9iu6zq8c.png]

07-12-2011, 05:32 PM | Post: #207
Offline can14gold 
(07-12-2011 04:22 PM)NicoSwinkels Wrote:  Unboosted MS doing only 80 damage on 1 enemy when a group is standing close too each other means broken in my book.

Also consider the amount of points you need too invest too unlock MS.

I am btw a BIG fan of Boosted MS.

I just love it. Instead of 20-2 I now easily reach 50-2 or 60-2.

Right there you just proved that the boosted MS is unballanced. Boosted MS turned your game play from normal/average player into something pro level/hacker like with no additional effort/strategy/skill/intelligence. DO you honestly think something that can get you triple the normal amount of kills is ballanced?

I have used the normal mortar strike plenty and it works quite well, I dont get why other recons whine about it. Boosted MS takes down a full health tank with no chance of survival.

ON that note, I find it difficult to hold back buying the booster for my recon and fighting back with it. The only reason I havent yet is my own honour.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 05:45 PM by can14gold.)
07-12-2011, 05:37 PM | Post: #208
Offline Lhoigor 
(07-12-2011 05:15 PM)kazimi3 Wrote:  Using the MS without booster is really funny. You hit a bunch of camping enemies with 50-60 damage if you're lucky and then your teammates can pop them easely.

Using the MS with booster isn't funny. You hit a bunch of camping enemies with 100-110 damage and you kill them all.

A recon is used to be helping his team with MS, Motion Sensor and his spot skill. A recon isn't someone to get 20-0 kills.

Yes of course, because recons have cancer or something worse....they are not allowed to have as many kills as they want to...and the only reason why such class exist and is allowed to partecipate in battles is because it has benefits for both teams....one got info the other one kills....

so i will tell you a secret....70% of my time on battlefield i spent doing job that assaults/medics/engineers just don´t do because who cares about flags, ammo boxes, medic kits, flares, reinforcements, air support, spotting, tracing vehicles and other teamplay stuff, they are playing for score and the only thing they care about is number of kills....and everybody who dares to get in their way is noob if not something worse....go you know where with such attitude...we are not OBSERVERS, we are RECONS...but i doubt you will ever understand the difference

btw you have the spott button too....and you don´t need any skill for using it....

and i will correct you one thing...

Using the MS without booster is really funny. You hit a bunch(0-3) of camping enemies with 50-60 damage if you're lucky(2/10) and then (your) THEIR teammates can (pop) HEAL them easely.
07-12-2011, 06:39 PM | Post: #209
Offline Ghostrider0067 
(07-12-2011 12:10 PM)Lhoigor Wrote:  BTW, about that "I'm a US military veteran"....here on internet, hiding behind silly nick i could be a CIA agent...oops, i should kill you know...
I'm not an honor thief nor hiding behind anything. I served, and I did so proudly. Believe whatever you wish as it makes no difference to me.

[Image: 391560_4337901687061_1154472848_n.jpg]
07-12-2011, 07:01 PM | Post: #210
Offline S.W.A.T--T.E.A.M 
Boosted MS need to be banned, its killing the GAME and the FUN. I have seen a Gamer using MS BOOSTERS killing over 40 to 50 people in 1 game match and he/she only dies 1 or 2 times.

Gamers are fed up and leaving because of this Over Power!
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 07:02 PM by S.W.A.T--T.E.A.M.)
07-12-2011, 07:28 PM | Post: #211
Offline Sturmer_84 
I've been on Karkand map few minutes ago, there was 4 recons with boosted MS.
Can you believe what's happening there, almost no shots with firearms, only MS, one by one. xD

(19-09-2012 09:07 PM)PoWA Wrote:  is this still battlefield or just a Joke game ??
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 07:28 PM by Sturmer_84.)
07-12-2011, 07:53 PM | Post: #212
Offline Ghelthon 
I was going to open a topic here to dump my frustration, but fortunately there was already this one, so here it goes:

I understand that the game's main goal is to make money for its creators. The "Play4Free" thing does not exist, if you don't want to be slaughtered every round. It is understandable, as far as it don't gets ridiculous. With the boosters, it unfortunately got ridiculous.

It doesn't make any sense that, in infantry maps, recons who do nothing else from camping and deploying mortar strikes finish the rounds with higher scores and killing rates than an assault (or medic, or engineer) who spends the entire round walking, killing, capturing flags, etc. IT DOESN'T MAKES SENSE. If developers want to turn the mortar strike so deadly, at least establish some limitations, such as one deployment per round. This way, if the recons want to get a good score, they would have to actually play, and kill, and capture flags.

The same applies to RPG.

Before the boosters, playing this game made me really happy. Nowadays, it just makes me angry. I was actually thinking about buying a weapon for my assault soldier, but now I'm thinking twice.

Please developers, give this a thought.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 07:55 PM by Ghelthon.)
07-12-2011, 07:57 PM | Post: #213
Offline sn0wXz 
(07-12-2011 07:53 PM)Ghelthon Wrote:  I was going to open a topic here to dump my frustration, but fortunately there was already this one, so here it goes:

I understand that the game's main goal is to make money for its creators. The "Play4Free" thing does not exist, if you don't want to be slaughtered every round. It is understandable, as far as it don't gets ridiculous. With the boosters, it unfortunately got ridiculous.

It doesn't make any sense that, in infantry maps, recons who do nothing else from camping and deploying mortar strikes finish the rounds with higher scores and killing rates than an assault (or medic, or engineer) who spends the entire round walking, killing, capturing flags, etc. IT DOESN'T MAKES SENSE. If developers want to turn the mortar strike so deadly, at least establish some limitations, such as one deployment per round. This way, if the recons want to get a good score, they would have to actually play, and kill, and capture flags.

The same applies to RPG.

Before the boosters, playing this game made me really happy. Nowadays, it just makes me angry. Please developers, give this a thought.

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...#pid580904

MS is op but i doubt itll be that way for long, and i doubt a majority of the profits come from booster, i mean boosters are cheaply purchasable with ingame credits for playing enough, so its really not even relevant about "buying" booster, not being free ect... it is free if you play enough, you can keep gaining booster credited time if you like. however separate then the price is the over powered radius/splash dmg of mortar stirke + booster.

/[Image: b_560_95.png]

BF3 Profile
07-12-2011, 08:03 PM | Post: #214
Offline Ghelthon 
(07-12-2011 07:57 PM)sn0wXz Wrote:  http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...#pid580904

MS is op but i doubt itll be that way for long, and i doubt a majority of the profits come from booster, i mean boosters are cheaply purchasable with ingame credits for playing enough, so its really not even relevant about "buying" booster, not being free ect... it is free if you play enough, you can keep gaining booster credited time if you like. however separate then the price is the over powered radius/splash dmg of mortar stirke + booster.
Nice to know they're looking at it.

Anyway, just wanted to flush my frustration. I used to like the infantry servers because there were some players which could put on a fight, not unskilled guys just using the game's "bugs" to achieve something and keeping the others from having a regular play time. It sucks to be hit with a mortar strike every time you take a step.
07-12-2011, 09:55 PM | Post: #215
Offline canabal 
mortar strike is killing the game. i been playing since the begin and this the first time i feel like quitin playing the game. you cant find a server now that over half recon not even sniping just spaming mortar for crazy kill scores! i play battlefield cause you need skills to play unlike mw games so this just sucks. owell back to bf 2 peace !,,!
07-12-2011, 11:53 PM | Post: #216
Offline Tuga 
(07-12-2011 05:37 PM)Lhoigor Wrote:  Using the MS without booster is really funny. You hit a bunch(0-3) of camping enemies with 50-60 damage if you're lucky(2/10) and then (your) THEIR teammates can (pop) HEAL them easely.
Apparently you're part of a tiny minority that enjoys the boosted MS. Maybe the devs can give you your own server with the current version of the game in perpetuity so you can enjoy it all by yourself. Can you imagine? I bet that's like a wet dream for you.
08-12-2011, 12:03 AM | Post: #217
Offline FishyDoc 
The mortar spam is detracting from the game. It could be a tool, but makes a very bad toy. Perhaps a long cooldown might bring it into balance.

It just annoys the snot out of me the way it is mostly used.
08-12-2011, 12:21 AM | Post: #218
Offline monstero 
I cant understand you...Mortar Strike ? Makes lots of fun...
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 12:22 AM by monstero.)
08-12-2011, 12:22 AM | Post: #219
Offline S.W.A.T--T.E.A.M 
Mortar Strike Boosters are killing the Game on every Server and now out of 32 Players 85% of the of them are now using Mortar Strike Boosters extensively, extremely and overly abusing it to the Full Maximum.

It's gotten even so bad that we can't even walk one step before were dead! The Players who are using the Mortar Strike Boosters are even spamming, abusing, taunting and even laughing at us each time we die in the chats after every 5seconds.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 12:33 AM by S.W.A.T--T.E.A.M.)
08-12-2011, 12:25 AM | Post: #220
Offline road-runn3r 
(07-12-2011 11:53 PM)Tuga Wrote:  Maybe the devs can give you your own server with the current version of the game in perpetuity so you can enjoy it all by yourself.

That's an idea but I would say give them a server mortar strike only and forbid it on every normal server. 32 snipers spawnkilling the awesome out of each other. They will have fun. Angel