Hello There, Guest!

01-12-2011, 09:37 AM | Post: #1
Offline VitalBullet  Go to next Official Response...
[Image: BFP4F-weapon-customization.jpg]

Hello Soldiers!

Many of you have tried it out on the PTE and many have seen posts on our forums with details on this feature and we are proud to announce that it is finally here. No longer do you have to carry a weapon that meets your expectations, now can carry one that exceeds them by building customizing YOUR weapon how YOU want it.

Below you will find a short FAQ answering some of the questions that we expect you will have or have already asked, but if you have any more feel free to ask.

What are the Weapon Customization basics?
With weapon customization you get to make your own weapon, and it couldn’t be simpler. Simply chose your favourite weapon as a base and then use one of the 5 customization slots to make a weapon that suits YOUR needs.

Choose from a range of Barrels, Magazines, Stocks, Scopes/Sights and Skins to create your own personalized tool of destruction. Be that a hard hitting CQC Assault Rifle or a more accurate SMG there is something for everyone.

Currently only Assault Rifles, Light Machine Guns, Sub Machine Guns and Sniper rifles can be customized. Pistols, Shotguns and special weapons cannot be customized at this time.

Will I lose the weapons I have already purchased?
No. When weapon customization hits you will get the base weapon of what you purchased including all of the attachments that ensure its performance is on par with what you originally purchased (This includes Scopes, Sights and Ammo etc.) if you have rented your weapon you will still get to keep your weapon and all of its attachments for the duration you originally purchased it for.

Some weapons however have been changed in their design. These included several weapons which previously had a brown skin/texture to them but these have now been changed to a sleek black look.

Do I need to buy a gun permanently in order to customize it?
Yes you will need to purchase the base weapon for a permanent duration in order to customize it. Weapons can now be purchased permanently through Battlefunds AND Credits

ARGH, I can't customize and equip my weapon...WHY?
When you go to customize a weapon you need to make sure you have purchased the attachments. Attachments you own will have a gold label, attachments you do not own will have a silver label and a shopping cart next to the item name.

Once you you have the attachments you want on your weapon make sure to hit the "DONE" button and not the "X" in the top right corner. This will apply the attachments to your gun.

And Finally, remember to drag your weapon to your equipment bar so you can take it in game with you and pulverise your enemies with it.

Are the attachments available only for the guns you originally purchased them for?
Attachments are available for all weapons in a particular category, so an Assault Rifle Holosight will work on ALL Assault Rifles, and a long range Sniper Rifle Scope will work on ALL Sniper Rifles.

This does not apply to any of the attachments that are carried over in the weapon customization update. Any attachments carried over in the update can only be used on the weapon they were originally attached to. (Eg. AUG Holosight can only be used on the AUG)

There may also be some exceptions in the future. Always remember to read the description of items before you purchase them to avoid making any mistakes.

How do weapon skins work?
Weapon skins change the overall look of your gun by altering the colour or adding cool effects like a used and scratched effect previously seen on Veteran weapons and have no effect on performance.

Unlike other attachments skins are currently weapon specific and can only be used on the weapon you purchased them for.

Are the attachments rentable with Credits?
Most are, although there are some that are available for Battlefunds only.

Can you only rent them or can you get them for unlimited?
Attachments can ONLY be rented.

Do some attachments have downsides?
No, attachments do not have downsides, it all depends on how you put them to use on the battlefield. For example if you are using High Power ammo (Better at long range) against someone with CQC ammo (Better at short range), you will need to maintain your distance to maximise the effectiveness of your attachment and gain the upper hand.

Which weapons can be customized and will be customizable?

Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, SMGs and LMGs will all be fully customizable. Pistols, Shotguns and Special weapons are not yet customizable but this functionality may be added in the future.

Will you expand the collection of attachments over time?
Yes, we fully intend to create more attachments for weapons over time.

With this new system, what are the differences between Default, Veteran and Elite weapons?
Technically the differences are the same as they have always been providing you have all of your attachments equipped. BUT with the new weapon customization system you purchase a base weapon and then customize it. So you start with the same gun, the attachments you add to that gun determine how it works and how powerful it is in YOUR hands.

This does not apply to Pistols and Shotguns. You will still be able to purchase individual Default, Veteran and Elite versions of these weapon types.

01-12-2011, 12:09 PM | Post: #2
Offline adrijanas 
thank you ea i love you you you and you

change my mind its crap awesome

[Image: niIpn.png]
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 02:48 PM by adrijanas.)
01-12-2011, 12:09 PM | Post: #3
Offline =LAMPA= 
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-12-2011, 12:10 PM | Post: #4
Offline vania09 
ssss
01-12-2011, 12:10 PM | Post: #5
Offline NewEntry 
I want it !!
01-12-2011, 12:10 PM | Post: #6
Offline R]Moreira 
hummmm i have to test it

[Image: _s.png]
• Member of the Recon 300+ Club
01-12-2011, 12:10 PM | Post: #7
Offline Kyrain660 
AWESOME! THANKS
01-12-2011, 12:11 PM | Post: #8
Offline Katarn893 
Awesomest surprize ever.

[Image: sigv22.png]
01-12-2011, 12:13 PM | Post: #9
Offline MaFiiA 
EPIC <33
01-12-2011, 12:13 PM | Post: #10
Offline RariixWayZ 
AWESOMEST UPDATE EVAR1!! THANK YOU EA!!!1111!!
01-12-2011, 12:15 PM | Post: #11
Offline Kyrain660 
This was well worth the 1-2 hour wait. Big Grin I hope the attachments arent outrageously expensive for free credits earned in game. Cause if so. I will be righteously pissed off. It takes awhile to make a few thousand or a thousand of credits. BF is updating now, and it's 5:14am in the morning. I cant sleep until I see this feature. Big Grin
01-12-2011, 12:15 PM | Post: #12
Offline sabatonsky 
hey thaks guys cause now i'll rich money for a gun i i don't have to buy battlefounds
01-12-2011, 12:15 PM | Post: #13
Offline SuckleMyDoodle 
Thank you so much ea i love you!
01-12-2011, 12:15 PM | Post: #14
Offline RifLEMan. 
COOOOOOL
01-12-2011, 12:16 PM | Post: #15
Offline R]Moreira 
another battlefunds crap stuff :/

[Image: _s.png]
• Member of the Recon 300+ Club
01-12-2011, 12:16 PM | Post: #16
Offline moep17 
Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy
01-12-2011, 12:18 PM | Post: #17
Offline Infil 
Why is everyone already excited? Anyway, it's surprisingly "cheap".. 500 Credits for 1 day. .not that bad for weapons that don't expire..
01-12-2011, 12:18 PM | Post: #18
Offline mooning_cat 
Will they ever be avaliable for a permanent duration soon? I may buy some with remaning battefunds, but not with a time limitation tho.

01-12-2011, 12:19 PM | Post: #19
Offline kan3.b 
Nice, I guess I'll reinstall the game.
01-12-2011, 12:19 PM | Post: #20
Offline Ghostrider0067 
This is great and all, but I would have preferred the ability to purchase the attachments permanently with BFs should I so wish. Further, since they are making a move to having credit based options in game, there needs to be an immediate bump in credits received when playing since the levels at which they are currently are rather paltry. This is especially so considering that renting the boosters for credits are ridiculously prohibitive cost wise.

Vital: Any take on what I've just mentioned?

[Image: 391560_4337901687061_1154472848_n.jpg]