Hello There, Guest!

10-08-2012, 06:47 AM | Post: #381
Offline Tpx007 
the game wont start it keeps saying timed out (error 2) every time.
10-08-2012, 08:26 AM | Post: #382
Offline HomeSen 
(09-08-2012 07:26 PM)DevilMurder Wrote:  my friend has a problem. when he click play now button, the update checking box is starting. then the game client with loading is appears, and finally, it's disappears. i'm sending his logs in attachment. thanks for help.

Please update your video drivers: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/44962
Also, run WindowsUpdate and install ALL updates it finds (especially IE8, since the game needs several components from IE, and those provided by IE6 causes problems)

(10-08-2012 06:47 AM)Tpx007 Wrote:  the game wont start it keeps saying timed out (error 2) every time.

Please take a look at this list: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=18531

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

10-08-2012, 01:46 PM | Post: #383
Offline DevilMurder 
(10-08-2012 08:26 AM)HomeSen Wrote:  
(09-08-2012 07:26 PM)DevilMurder Wrote:  my friend has a problem. when he click play now button, the update checking box is starting. then the game client with loading is appears, and finally, it's disappears. i'm sending his logs in attachment. thanks for help.

Please update your video drivers: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/44962
Also, run WindowsUpdate and install ALL updates it finds (especially IE8, since the game needs several components from IE, and those provided by IE6 causes problems)

Thank so much! It's working! Big Grin
17-08-2012, 08:02 AM | Post: #384
Offline Freedom10 
my dxdiag.txt. looking forward to your help. can't wait to play. thanks

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 42.89 KB / Downloads: 6)

17-08-2012, 08:31 AM | Post: #385
Offline HomeSen 
(17-08-2012 08:02 AM)Freedom10 Wrote:  my dxdiag.txt. looking forward to your help. can't wait to play. thanks

And your actual problem (besides using Vista Tongue j/k) is?

All I can see from your DxDiag.txt is that your Windows is outdated and that (if I remember correctly), your video driver is outdate, too. Thus, please run WindowsUpdate (robably more than once) and install ALL updates it finds (especially SP2 for Vista).
Additionally, run the Intel Driver Update Utility to check whether there is a newer driver for your video chip.

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

21-08-2012, 03:06 PM | Post: #386
Offline shooter11110 
My problem:
I click "Play Now" ,
The updater starts with its messages and closes
The game client starts - black screen .

I hope you can help .

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag 3,0.txt (Size: 20.93 KB / Downloads: 6)

21-08-2012, 03:38 PM | Post: #387
Offline HomeSen 
Code:
Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip type: Intel(r)865G Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS

You don't have any video driver installed. Most probably because there is none for your video chip on Windows 7. Anyways, as you can see from this site: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-014257.htm, the Intel 865 doesn't support PixelShader 2.0 which is a hardware feature required by the game engine.
So, I'm afraid you wont be able to play the game with this PC/notebook.

And I'm wondering that Windows 7 didn't refuse to install O_o

21-08-2012, 04:09 PM | Post: #388
Offline Io.Tas 
...well, i am going through all these 7 steps but, when the map is loaded, the screen remains frozen for 10-15 seconds and then it throws me out to the soldier screen...any ideas or solution why might happen that...?
21-08-2012, 04:21 PM | Post: #389
Offline HomeSen 
There are several causes for this:
  1. Missing "Visual C++ Runtimes":
    HomeSen (self-quoting is 1337 xD) Wrote:Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...9C36F85647
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...02B2AF5FC2

Download and install both, since both are needed for the game to work properly. And YES, you need BOTH since 2008 is NO update for 2005. Each of the packages provides different libraries Wink

Make sure to change the "download language" to the one your Windows is configured to. Also, please rename the files. Some guy/gal from Microsoft thought it is funny to give two completely different files the same name Dodgy

Also, please run WindowsUpdate after installing these two, to make sure that you have the latest updates Wink
  2. Corrupted game files: Check whether this happens on every map, or only on specific (use the server browser to join different servers with different maps). If it only happens on specific maps, try reinstalling the game.
  3. A corrupted shader cache: Normally, this should also give you an "Invalid game data" error. Delete all folders (they have "weird" names) inside:
    Code:
    MyDocuments\Battlefield Play4Free\mods\main\cache
  4. You immediately get kicked by PunkBuster: Normally, this should also give you an "Kicked by PunkBuster" error. Take a look at the link in my signature: "PunkBuster issues? Read here." Wink
  5. "Faulty" graphics settings/driver or interferring (background) programs: Please attach your DxDiag.txt and HiJackThis.log, as described by the guide in my signature: "Help us to help you"

24-08-2012, 03:09 PM | Post: #390
Offline Azrelix 
Let's see if this thread answers my dillemna!

I can't ever get to the "soldier select", I hit play now, loads the cool "background" screen, fills up the loading bar - and closes.

Halp! :<
26-08-2012, 11:29 AM | Post: #391
Offline HomeSen 
(24-08-2012 03:09 PM)Azrelix Wrote:  Let's see if this thread answers my dillemna!

I can't ever get to the "soldier select", I hit play now, loads the cool "background" screen, fills up the loading bar - and closes.

Halp! :<

Attach your DxDiag.txt and HiJackThis.log (see guide in my signature: "Help us to help you"), please.

26-08-2012, 04:18 PM | Post: #392
Offline audrius123 
When i press play now pops window of the game and this dissapiears :\
26-08-2012, 04:19 PM | Post: #393
Offline audrius123 
(29-10-2011 04:47 PM)Born2WinAndKill Wrote:  When I click on Play Now, than Battlefield starts up, and than bang, it's gone.
Nothing come!

Yeah this is for me too
27-08-2012, 12:54 PM | Post: #394
Offline HomeSen 
Ever considered at least reading what is posted in this thread? Post #6 would be a good starting point: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...#pid536159 Wink

30-08-2012, 12:39 AM | Post: #395
Offline RaWiLLusioNz 
I need help with the "stuck at black screen" problem... My DxDiag is attached for you to look at! Please and Thank You!

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 25.59 KB / Downloads: 3)

30-08-2012, 02:16 AM | Post: #396
Offline serejko 
Same here, I have .NET and everything installed but it just closes after "Checking installation" with no error
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2012 02:17 AM by serejko.)
31-08-2012, 10:05 AM | Post: #397
Offline HomeSen 
(30-08-2012 12:39 AM)RaWiLLusioNz Wrote:  I need help with the "stuck at black screen" problem... My DxDiag is attached for you to look at! Please and Thank You!

Your video driver is way outdated. Please download and install the latest driver: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...sta32.aspx
If that doesn't help, attach your HiJackThis.log, too, please.

(30-08-2012 02:16 AM)serejko Wrote:  Same here, I have .NET and everything installed but it just closes after "Checking installation" with no error

Attach your DxDiag.txt and HiJackThis.log, please.

31-08-2012, 05:52 PM | Post: #398
Online Klusek. 
I have an error: An error occured: Failed to download EULA.

01-09-2012, 11:19 AM | Post: #399
Offline HomeSen 
Try reinstalling the browser extension (NOT the game). Also, make sure that your anti-virus/firewall/security-suite doesn't block the browser extension's connection (if you are unsure, attach your HiJackThis.log, as described by the guide in my signature: "Help us to help you").

01-09-2012, 03:48 PM | Post: #400
Offline SnipeBear 

.log  hijackthis.log (Size: 10.02 KB / Downloads: 7)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 41.25 KB / Downloads: 21) I am having a problem getting the game to start - Dark Screen then disappears - see attached