Hello There, Guest!

06-12-2011, 03:26 PM | Post: #21
Offline Liianpr0 
/delete
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 03:27 PM by Liianpr0.)
11-12-2011, 11:24 PM | Post: #22
Offline x0xRavenx0x 
I also have the black screen problem. i have followed every step found on this site for this problem. I have played since the closed beta and i had to take a break for college. when i updated my game to play it started this problem. i would like to rejoin the ranks and play this great game.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 52.1 KB / Downloads: 5)

[Image: BFp4fSIG-2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 12:51 AM by x0xRavenx0x.)
12-12-2011, 08:43 AM | Post: #23
Online HomeSen 
(11-12-2011 11:24 PM)DxDiag.txt by x0xRavenx0x Wrote:  Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Native Mode: 1440 x 900(p) (59.901Hz)

Erm, how come you set the refresh rate to an unsupported value for your wide-screen display? Please try setting it to 60Hz, since 75Hz is tad bit too far away from 59.9 Wink
Also, make sure that no "security-application" (firewall, anti-virus, IPS, etc.) is blocking the game's .exe (attach your HiJackThis.log, if you are unsure).

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

14-12-2011, 05:24 PM | Post: #24
Offline x0xRavenx0x 
had my refresh set like that to fix another game. it worked fine with this setting and my setup until the last update. unfortunately returning my system to default also did nothing to fix this. I have tried turning everything off (antiviral) and changed whatever settings i could think of and tried to update all drivers.

Attached File(s)
.log  hijackthis.log (Size: 11.09 KB / Downloads: 4)

(This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 11:56 PM by x0xRavenx0x.)
15-12-2011, 09:03 AM | Post: #25
Online HomeSen 
Well, seems like HomeGuard AMC is blocking the game's connections. At least that's what I assume from reading about it. It's a "parental control program", and I'd recommend you to try closing it, and/or stopping the service:
  1. Press [WINDOWSKEY] + [R]
  2. Type services.msc and press [RETURN]
  3. Inside the "service console", find "HomeGuard AMC"
  4. Right-click on it and select "Stop" (or something like that)

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

16-12-2011, 03:20 AM | Post: #26
Offline x0xRavenx0x 
removed that program which was on my system while i played before. still getting the black screen when i try to start the game.

(This post was last modified: 16-12-2011 03:31 AM by x0xRavenx0x.)
16-12-2011, 09:17 AM | Post: #27
Online HomeSen 
Could you try detaching one of your displays and updating your video driver to the latest WHQL-certified one, please? The latest driver for your system should be this: http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/38915

Maybe also try completely resetting all settings in NVIDIA ControlPanel. Maybe you performed a setting that "collides" with what the game engine "expects" Wink

16-12-2011, 05:14 PM | Post: #28
Offline ALEX283 
(22-09-2011 07:29 PM)spelmo3 Wrote:  after just updating today.. I now have the same problem..

any idea's anyone? Undecided
try installing againExclamation
17-12-2011, 05:41 AM | Post: #29
Offline x0xRavenx0x 
removed 2nd monitor and i download drivers. the drivers are the same as i already have on my system. my nvidia control panel is always set at default. i use my game options for settings. i have too many games that are picky if something is changed. i usually don't have this much trouble playing a game. especially since i'm not a novice user. i may have to wait until a new patch comes out to see if that is what is causing all my problems.

17-12-2011, 03:17 PM | Post: #30
Offline Dr.Groza 
I have the same problem with the black window with backround music! Help please!

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 44.64 KB / Downloads: 2)

17-12-2011, 05:00 PM | Post: #31
Online HomeSen 
(17-12-2011 05:41 AM)x0xRavenx0x Wrote:  removed 2nd monitor and i download drivers. the drivers are the same as i already have on my system. my nvidia control panel is always set at default. i use my game options for settings. i have too many games that are picky if something is changed. i usually don't have this much trouble playing a game. especially since i'm not a novice user. i may have to wait until a new patch comes out to see if that is what is causing all my problems.

I'm sorry to hear that nothing seems to help. One last thing that just came to my mind, is, that you are using a Realtek sound chip. Back in my BFH days, there were a few people who had issues with those sound chips, whereas others with the exact same sound chip and O/S had no problems at all. Could you thus please try disabling your sound chip in your BIOS?

(17-12-2011 03:17 PM)Dr.Groza Wrote:  I have the same problem with the black window with backround music! Help please!

Please update your video driver: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...ng=English. The one you currently have installed is >5 years old Wink

18-12-2011, 12:43 AM | Post: #32
Offline x0xRavenx0x 
unfortunately i sill only get a black screen. like i said i may have to wait until a new patch rolls out.

19-12-2011, 04:51 PM | Post: #33
Offline RanciDMonkeY 
Uninstall anyone? I just downloaded and installed this game, and its going out not 30 minutes from when it went in. Hey EA, stick to hard copies and servers, and leave the internet-based gaming solutions to Steam.
22-12-2011, 10:04 PM | Post: #34
Offline x0xRavenx0x 
FIXED with new update. game just loaded fine. so it must have been something in the last update that my system didn't like.

22-12-2011, 10:13 PM | Post: #35
Online HomeSen 
Glad to hear it got fixed for you. Though I'm still wondering what it might have been.