Hello There, Guest!

04-12-2010, 08:36 AM | Post: #1
Offline rukqoa 
!!VICTORY!!

[Image: twitter.png]

Source: http://twitter.com/benjamincousins/statu...5387755520

We fought so hard for so long. And finally they have answered our voices. This thread should be kept up to preserve this historical Battlefield event. Big Grin

In 3 months and 28 days, more than 1400 beta testers signed this 80-paged petition. (In other news, there was one opposed to the idea and 2 skeptics.)

NEW stats chart: http://bit.ly/lDeAlV
Ballistics: http://bit.ly/fFJ0IK
Server Browsers: http://bit.ly/glSEgF (This post was last modified: 02-03-2011 11:17 PM by rukqoa.)
10-12-2010, 08:03 PM | Post: #2
Offline CursedByMadneSs 
I think its pointless to explain the pros of a server browser in games. I know the idea is to jump in and out of games and I dont mind the play now feature, but a server browser is a huge plus in the right direction. Also I doubt anyone will be against it. Smile
10-12-2010, 08:04 PM | Post: #3
Offline Sniperher0 
/sign

[Image: tmcmsigbrowntemplatesni.png]

Template by Sneaky. Edited by Collin.
10-12-2010, 08:30 PM | Post: #4
Offline VeXis 
Since they are in closed beta the only servers are going to be EA servers. There are no privately owned servers so a server list would be useless. It just picks whichever one you have the best ping for.
10-12-2010, 08:38 PM | Post: #5
Offline GotLocked 
well, bfh has no serverbrowser as well. Not in the beta and not in the real version.
10-12-2010, 08:40 PM | Post: #6
Offline CursedByMadneSs 
(10-12-2010 08:30 PM)VeXis Wrote:  Since they are in closed beta the only servers are going to be EA servers. There are no privately owned servers so a server list would be useless. It just picks whichever one you have the best ping for.

The game wont be in closed beta state forever. A server browser will be really nice feature in the near release sate when more maps, mods and rented servers come up.
10-12-2010, 09:00 PM | Post: #7
Offline Name 
/sign. I really hate that there is no server browser in Battlefield Heroes. This is a MUST need in Open Beta/Full game. Smile

[Image: ea_fail.png]
10-12-2010, 09:03 PM | Post: #8
Offline GotLocked 
Exactly.

[Image: bfheroes.png]
11-12-2010, 12:07 AM | Post: #9
Offline -=OVERKILL=- 
I dont care much for a server browser cause to be honest Left 4 Dead has the best system and you dont see any browser. As long as I can invite my friend into my game or join him in what ever game he or she is I am very happy. I do want squads for sure.

[Image: stats.gif]
11-12-2010, 12:09 AM | Post: #10
Offline GotLocked 
well, just like the bfh system?

(btw, to overkill, do you know bf2:sandbox?)

[Image: bfheroes.png]
13-12-2010, 11:46 PM | Post: #11
Offline Windir 
I'd like to /sign the suggestion for a server browser. At this point I guess there will only be EA-servers, but I'd still like to control what server I join, if not for any other reason, then just to know that I can't do anything about the intolerable lag if I join a high-ping server. (I can't really do anything as it is now either, but being put into a laggy server with no way of telling if there's a better alternative is frustrating.)
Also, are the servers global or are there US/EU servers? Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else and I've just overlooked it.
Only played a few minutes still, but it seems like it'll be a lot of fun when the lag issues are resolved, great game considering it's this early in beta.
13-12-2010, 11:48 PM | Post: #12
Offline EvilDoRuk 
Signed
14-12-2010, 07:14 AM | Post: #13
Offline TacTicToe 
I completely agree. Would be nice to select a server to connect to, one with a lower ping. Would be nice to even see what my ping is. I cant tell if this extreme lag I experience is due to connection or to gpu?

(10-12-2010 08:30 PM)VeXis Wrote:  Since they are in closed beta the only servers are going to be EA servers. There are no privately owned servers so a server list would be useless. It just picks whichever one you have the best ping for.

Would seem to me then there is a flaw in how it picks. I am getting far too much lag for it to be a low ping server. I have a high end computer and high end internet, so I dont believe the issue is on my end. Yes, I know it is a beta. However I still doubt the picking the best ping thing.

[Image: 2.png]
14-12-2010, 07:16 AM | Post: #14
Offline rukqoa 
(14-12-2010 07:14 AM)Feelgood Wrote:  Would seem to me then there is a flaw in how it picks. I am getting far too much lag for it to be a low ping server. I have a high end computer and high end internet, so I dont believe the issue is on my end. Yes, I know it is a beta. However I still doubt the picking the best ping thing.

This is completely off topic and non-related to OP. But your lag is probably due to compensation for high ping players from Australia. That's right, you're suffering because some high ping player is in the game. Happened for all BF games.

NEW stats chart: http://bit.ly/lDeAlV
Ballistics: http://bit.ly/fFJ0IK
Server Browsers: http://bit.ly/glSEgF
14-12-2010, 08:45 AM | Post: #15
Offline Nativejam 
In my personal opinion I do hope this game has a server browser. Battlefield Heroes is a more casual game and is made for the short in out play style. This game however is aimed more at the hardcore gamer. As a hardcore gamer myself, the utility of a server browser is enormous to us. Its why most shooter/hardcore style FPS games have them. We want to check we have a good ping to the server, that the location of the sever is near by, what map it has running, is it hardcore? password protected? the name of the server? Is the server empty? Who is on the server? etc etc. It's a collection of these little things that makes the gaming experience improved drastically. No offence but a hardcore gamer doesn't want to wait in a queue for a server that is deemed suitable for them.

The Play now button does have its perks, but I think you will find that a hardcore gamer loves their server browser ^_^
17-12-2010, 10:01 PM | Post: #16
Offline Antagonist318 
I find this most helpful because when I try to join a game it just says "Server Full" or I join a empty one. And is it possible to launch this game without going to this webpage and just from a shortcut. The little things help I guess.
17-12-2010, 10:42 PM | Post: #17
Offline muffinmonstaUK 
That won't solve your problem. It isn't possible to launch the game without the web browser Sad
17-12-2010, 10:59 PM | Post: #18
Offline [G1]KEL 
no, its very good wheen the game itself searchin the best server 4 u.
17-12-2010, 11:13 PM | Post: #19
Offline Karriz 
Server browser is must-have, but they did not add one to Heroes, so I doubt there will ever be one in P4F. Sad

[Image: uc.png]

Blogger Youtube Steam
21-12-2010, 05:40 AM | Post: #20
Offline penguinnn 
I have been quite eager for the Battlefield Play4Free Beta I received my key last night redeemed it and then when I installed the game I went to join a server, I was disappointed with the results as I can not connect to any Australian servers when it came up with find suitable game and then put me in a Poland server I was quite shocked, If there is any Australian servers can you let me know how to connect to them thank you.