[Weapons] AAs and IGLAs
Hello There, Guest!

14-07-2011, 01:49 PM | Post: #21
Offline Ghost911 
(13-07-2011 06:59 PM)Herzenslicht Wrote:  Why should camper stop camping cause of needed training?

why? cuz he would need to spend some training points for AAs while he could use them for something else

(13-07-2011 08:20 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  Grenades (both kinds) are a bonus weapon so spending points to get them and make them stronger makes sense

AAs and IGLAs are a bonus weapon too
btw you can't make nades stronger- you can only have them more

(13-07-2011 08:20 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  choppers and jets still have a huge advantage over ANY other item places into the game

(14-07-2011 08:20 AM)Kaloutsikos Wrote:  Ground forces are already at a huge disadvantage against aircraft..

obviously, you both are bad players. It is very easy to take out a heli and jet with a tank and APC. You just have to time it right.

(13-07-2011 09:33 PM)Phragg Wrote:  Are you douchebags on crack or just stupid?
I really want to know what the F was going thru your minds when you thought THAT would be a great idea.

I'm not sure if, after TIER3 comes out, anyone will spend 15 or 30 points for piloting aircraft- so it means less noobs flying around/camping for apache/jet

(13-07-2011 09:33 PM)Phragg Wrote:  Morons.

duck you

(14-07-2011 08:20 AM)Kaloutsikos Wrote:  1 dmg per bullet in the jet its ridiculous..

I think it's a bit more- 5 or 7. anyway not improtant.

(14-07-2011 12:38 PM)Knorpp Wrote:  campers are at aa guns are an easy target. just shoot'em! they will learn to avoid those turrets, finally.

I'm talking about apache now and I'm pretty good pilot so I know how to avoid AAs, but still..
not that easy to gun them down from a big distance while they have already locked-on on you and shooting those rockets. even if I kill them they are back after 15 seconds in another AA or IGLA to finish me off.

(14-07-2011 01:39 PM)strangers123 Wrote:  Now you ask the developers to buff the AA to give them longer range or shorter reload or allow them to spam missiles towards the carrier hoping 1 of them will lock onto an aircraft. (even if they must be obtained by trading training points for there abilities)

No, I don't want AAs to be even better- I want them to stay as they are but for a price (in this case-5 points). And missile spaming won't work- the rockets doesn't go straight if not locked-on a target

(This post was last modified: 14-07-2011 01:54 PM by Ghost911.)
14-07-2011, 02:30 PM | Post: #22
Offline strangers123 
(14-07-2011 01:49 PM)Ghost911 Wrote:  
(14-07-2011 01:39 PM)strangers123 Wrote:  Now you ask the developers to buff the AA to give them longer range or shorter reload or allow them to spam missiles towards the carrier hoping 1 of them will lock onto an aircraft. (even if they must be obtained by trading training points for there abilities)

No, I don't want AAs to be even better- I want them to stay as they are but for a price (in this case-5 points).

In that case I misunderstood your original post and I apologize.
/Sign for the original idea

(14-07-2011 01:49 PM)Ghost911 Wrote:  And missile spaming won't work- the rockets doesn't go straight if not locked-on a target

What I am talking about is the no-lockon and missile tracking bugs/glitches, where missiles dumbfired/partially locked on missiles actually can chase aircraft and kill them.

14-07-2011, 03:55 PM | Post: #23
Offline Ghost911 
(14-07-2011 02:30 PM)strangers123 Wrote:  What I am talking about is the no-lockon and missile tracking bugs/glitches, where missiles dumbfired/partially locked on missiles actually can chase aircraft and kill them.

that I didn't know.

14-07-2011, 04:04 PM | Post: #24
Offline Knorpp 
(14-07-2011 12:38 PM)Knorpp Wrote:  campers are at aa guns are an easy target. just shoot'em! they will learn to avoid those turrets, finally.
I'm talking about apache now and I'm pretty good pilot so I know how to avoid AAs, but still..
not that easy to gun them down [...]
Well, if you cannot take them out flying, change your approach and start walking. I never fly, and I take out a lot of noobs hanging around in those turrets watching the sky. You cannot expect to be succuessfully attacking with an heli while the enemy holds the majority of AA turrets on the map. When I see good pilots, they cover behind hills and buildings to avoid detection, or the players move in as a ground force instead.
By the way, changing your tactics and adopting your play-style to the individual, current game is important, and that is actually the fun of playing against real people. They can outsmart you and you can outsmart them! Otherwise, if you always would like to play your own, same style, you will have to get a game where you fight dull software robots only.

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=78720ae81cc2b7...aa300484d2]
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 06:37 AM by Knorpp.)
15-07-2011, 12:44 AM | Post: #25
Offline Imashrub 
(13-07-2011 08:20 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  Grenades (both kinds) are a bonus weapon so spending points to get them and make them stronger makes sense

AAs and IGLAs are a bonus weapon too
btw you can't make nades stronger- you can only have them more

I think the simple fact that by training them you get MORE proves my argument, it makes the SKILL learnt STRONGER and AA's and IGLA's are NOT bonus weapons as they are available to anyone.

(13-07-2011 08:20 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  choppers and jets still have a huge advantage over ANY other item places into the game
(14-07-2011 08:20 AM)Kaloutsikos Wrote:  Ground forces are already at a huge disadvantage against aircraft..

obviously, you both are bad players. It is very easy to take out a heli and jet with a tank and APC. You just have to time it right.

If you have to "time it right" in a tank your are just waiting to be killed, try shooting a chopper flying in from max altitude in a steep swoop while the gunner peppers you and the pilot lights you up..... Oh that's right you can't. Maybe you can time it right when a bird swings out from behind a building and quick fires some tubes into your "timing it right" tank..... oh never mind that, by the time your shell would hit his chopper it is back behind the building and loling at your bonfire.

Maybe you should try harder at learning some tactics rather than just thinking you can straight up faceroll in a chopper and I will sit in my AA gun watching for you and the silly jets and tanks and cars and ground troops. Just remember though, you can move your guns, I can't.

I'm talking about apache now and I'm pretty good pilot so I know how to avoid AAs, but still..[/i]
not that easy to gun them down from a big distance while they have already locked-on on you and shooting those rockets. even if I kill them they are back after 15 seconds in another AA or IGLA to finish me off.

Really? You get hit by enemy AA and you don't fly off to be repaired? I see now why your having such big problems with them. It is clear, at least to me, that you are not a good pilot like you claim.

There is NO AA gun that can't have its lock dropped by obstruction and if you take my earlier advice you will just get out of a chopper and sit in an AA gun and learn about their capabilities and the failings so that next time when you lock and load an apache you will have a clue on how to counter AA.
15-07-2011, 11:25 AM | Post: #26
Offline Ghost911 
(15-07-2011 12:44 AM)Imashrub Wrote:  If you have to "time it right" in a tank your are just waiting to be killed, try shooting a chopper flying in from max altitude in a steep swoop while the gunner peppers you and the pilot lights you up..... Oh that's right you can't. Maybe you can time it right when a bird swings out from behind a building and quick fires some tubes into your "timing it right" tank..... oh never mind that, by the time your shell would hit his chopper it is back behind the building and loling at your bonfire.

dude, if you can't shoot then it doesn't mean that nobody can do that. and you really think that a guy in apache will take me down when his in max altitude? you cant even see ground from max altitude. and I suppose you're talking about Charlie here, right? That's a gas station. I can get cover there. and by the time he slowly flies out from his cover it will just take me an easy shot to blow him sky high.

(15-07-2011 12:44 AM)Imashrub Wrote:  Just remember though, you can move your guns, I can't.

so you say you can't turn AAs by 360 degrees?

(15-07-2011 12:44 AM)Imashrub Wrote:  Really? You get hit by enemy AA and you don't fly off to be repaired? I see now why your having such big problems with them. It is clear, at least to me, that you are not a good pilot like you claim.

There is NO AA gun that can't have its lock dropped by obstruction and if you take my earlier advice you will just get out of a chopper and sit in an AA gun and learn about their capabilities and the failings so that next time when you lock and load an apache you will have a clue on how to counter AA.

c'mon I'm playing Oman since March and P4F since December. You really think I have no tactics and knowledge? You think I don't know the weak spots of AAs? You think I don't repair my heli? seriously, cmon.
FYI Oman has 4 flags- 2 of them has IGLAs and one has a stinger. Now if I get hit from B (if I'm flying on the RU side of map) then even flying to US Carrier by right side takes some time and while I'm flying the same guy or maybe even some other camper in A or D is locking on me. Don't forget that if rocket's lock on you they WILL follow you if your flare is in cooldown mode or if there's no quick cover.

One question for you? Have you flied a jet/apache?

15-07-2011, 11:42 AM | Post: #27
Offline Ghost911 
(14-07-2011 04:04 PM)Knorpp Wrote:  
not that easy to gun them down [...]
Well, if you cannot take them out flying, change your approach and start walking.

I think you don't really understand what I mean. Ofcourse, I can go and kill everyone with my MP7 or whatever gun I'm using, but that's not the point here. Just think, now you have to spend 1 training point for a flying skill. That's not a lot. For now. But what after TIER3 comes out? It will be 10 points atleast. So, I spend my 10 points on being able to fly apache with full artillery. (Keep in mind that 10 points is a lot Big Grin). Now I'm on field flying and suddenly comes up a warning about an AA locking-on on me. The guy shots me down with no skill or anything. He doesn't even have to spend any points for that valueable gadget.
So, do you see my pain now?
I really think that for something like that you would have to spend some points.

(This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 11:44 AM by Ghost911.)
15-07-2011, 02:04 PM | Post: #28
Offline Imashrub 
(15-07-2011 11:25 AM)Ghost911 Wrote:  dude, if you can't shoot then it doesn't mean that nobody can do that. and you really think that a guy in apache will take me down when his in max altitude? you cant even see ground from max altitude. and I suppose you're talking about Charlie here, right? That's a gas station. I can get cover there. and by the time he slowly flies out from his cover it will just take me an easy shot to blow him sky high.

Reading want is said is important, reading want you think is being said is not. I said "flying in from max altitude in a steep swoop" not flying AT max altitude, if your flying down from above the tank is a steep swoop the tank can't aim high enough to hit you, the machine gunner can but your gunner will/should kill him while you blow the tank into confetti. It has to be said that you need to think about the approach because if the tank is on a hill you may want to come in from behind/in front more than if he was on level ground though.

And as for the building sure you could use that one building or you could be using the building near the crane or the one sitting by the river behind B or either the garage or wrecked building at A if your skill is high and your rocks are huge, hell I have see people use the back side of D to pop tanks heading up the alley directly from A and the building on the RU base side of the courtyard at D to get them coming in from the RU base itself as they come up over the hill.

(15-07-2011 11:25 AM)Ghost911 Wrote:  so you say you can't turn AAs by 360 degrees?

No, it can't move by 360 degrees it can however rotate 360 degrees, it's position is however fixed and therefore it has not moved.... simply rotated. Your chopper however can indeed move from location to location.

(15-07-2011 11:25 AM)Ghost911 Wrote:  c'mon I'm playing Oman since March and P4F since December. You really think I have no tactics and knowledge? You think I don't know the weak spots of AAs? You think I don't repair my heli? seriously, cmon.
FYI Oman has 4 flags- 2 of them has IGLAs and one has a stinger. Now if I get hit from B (if I'm flying on the RU side of map) then even flying to US Carrier by right side takes some time and while I'm flying the same guy or maybe even some other camper in A or D is locking on me. Don't forget that if rocket's lock on you they WILL follow you if your flare is in cooldown mode or if there's no quick cover.

One question for you? Have you flied a jet/apache?

I don't like giving out tactics but your stupidity/ignorance is starting to get annoying so I will this once tell you how to play the game given the circumstances you provided.

To begin, your on the RU base side of B meaning that both A and D can be out of range/line of sight pretty quick when you get hit by B, assuming your have flared already you would need to bank towards the lake type water body behind the building between you and D, this will keep you out of line of sight of both A and D leaving only B.

To drop the lock you need to use the boathouse and trees there to remove it as when you drop low the AA guns lock will transfer to the oil pipe and not your chopper but you still need to wait a bit to be sure and once the lock is dropped you use the river to make your path to the carrier, leaving the cover of the boathouse you head over the bridge staying as low to the water as you can because the height of the river bank should provide you with the cover needed from B.

I would suggest using the building beside the river behind B as cover until your flair is ready again as the last part is the bit where you will win or lose. Staying low head toward the ocean this will give you some cover from A and B and you should be out of range of D, once you hit the ocean fly at the very edge of the flight map being ready to flair although you will get out of range of B soon enough and the broken building at A will also offer cover.

Sounds hard but that is only a few seconds of thinking about it. I'm sure I could come up with something better if I really thought about it but to be honest I doubt it would ever be worth the trouble.

Now to your question. Yes I have flown (that's what flied looks like in English) both a jet and a chopper and I do on occasion when I need transport or as a gunner, I am not even close to being the best or even good at flying which is why I stick to being a medic, base defense, anti-air and general killer as it is the style of game play I prefer. I would rather let the fly boys do their work while I get on with mine and considering the number of good pilots and frankly the overwhelming number of bad ones (this is the group I put myself in) its just easier not to bother with them.

I really hope you can wise up enough to leave this topic right here, I have been playing P4F for 7 days and 5 hours. That's right I started playing last Friday so the fact that I can shoot large holes in your arguments, offer you suggestions that it appears you have not thought of and give you a sound tactic to avoid death by AA based, on what I'm assuming you thought was a tough situation, tells me that perhaps you may not be as skilled as you believe.

And yes I know 7 days is no time at all, and I know your going to try to argue that because I have only been playing for 7 days I have no clue on what I'm talking about I believe the evidence speaks for itself. I may only have a rank 16 medic, rank 12 engineer, rank 11 recon and rank 6 assault but I do have a very steep learning curve and I play tactical games more than anything else so when it comes to a new game it only ever takes a day or two to get the swing of things down. Hell, I finished all 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R games in a week which is why I started playing this, I figured players surely will offer something AI cannot, it just turns out that something was lack of ability to learn from their mistakes.

Now, I want to end with these simple statements, take it or leave it, but I will not be back to this thread because as I stated above you annoy me. IF when T3 comes out and jet/chopper training is as costly as people are ASSUMING/GUESSING I will be more than happy to reconsider, not necessarily change but reconsider, my stance on AA guns and the like but AS IT STANDS there is no need for AA guns or any other static weapons in game to be trainable. If there are PTE forums voice your concerns there if there is not, wait until it is in the game before you try to change anything.

The End.
(Thanks for reading my book.... School is out.)
15-07-2011, 03:20 PM | Post: #29
Offline Ghost911 
(15-07-2011 02:04 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  Yes I have flown (that's what flied looks like in English)

(15-07-2011 02:04 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  No, it can't move by 360 degrees it can however rotate 360 degrees, it's position is however fixed and therefore it has not moved.... simply rotated. Your chopper however can indeed move from location to location.

sry, English isn't my origin language and I'm only human- I make mistakes. I bet if you had to know my language you couldn't do it perfect too.

(15-07-2011 02:04 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  I have been playing P4F for 7 days and 5 hours.

I suggest you to get a life- get some fresh air, go out with your friends..

^
^
nvm, not important

(15-07-2011 02:04 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  To drop the lock.. worth the trouble.
  1. still thinking I don't know where to get cover?
  2. you forgot that there usually (practically always) are other people too who might use some vehicles to get rid of me.

(15-07-2011 02:04 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  the fact that I can shoot large holes in your arguments, offer you suggestions that it appears you have not thought of and give you a sound tactic to avoid death by AA based, on what I'm assuming you thought was a tough situation, tells me that perhaps you may not be as skilled as you believe.

So now you wanted me to write a post that would be 3 pages large where I describe my tactics, so you couldn't say that ''you have shot large holes in my arguments''? Ridiculous and I would only be wasting my time on that.

(15-07-2011 02:04 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  And yes I know 7 days is no time at all, and I know your going to try to argue that because I have only been playing for 7 days I have no clue on what I'm talking about I believe the evidence speaks for itself.

Not arguing now (right now; so you wouldn't again ''shoot a hole in my argument''), but stating a fact - if you have played only 7 days, it means that you barely know players here. And atleast half of them are campers (from my ~7 month expierence).

(15-07-2011 02:04 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  there is no need for AA guns or any other static weapons in game to be trainable

Why not? So far there are only two static weapons here- AA and TOW (you could include TOW in the same 5 points with AA). TOW isn't that good but AA is. It's incredibly good. With it you can get very much points per match. And think only - how does a good pilot (let's say JohnnySnake Big Grin) feels when some lame*ss duck destroys him with AA without anything invested in it (nor points or skill).
BTW I assume that maybe 1/5th part of all maps will have aircraft and spending 25 points (+/- 5) for both jet and heli is pretty expensive.
Would it hurt you to spend some points in AA? IT WOULD ONLY BE FAIR!

P.S. Why are you so hard against this suggesetion? Noone would force you to train it. As noone forces you to train any other skill. Or are you one of them campers?

15-07-2011, 05:59 PM | Post: #30
Offline Lord_Bingo 
Seriously. You flyboys (and galsWink sit in your wonder machines nearly impervious to attack and complain that you have to actually pay attention to a few known AA sites? Hitting an airborne target without some sort of guidance is nearly impossible and taking an Apache down with small arms fire is just not going to happen. I guess that by this reckoning I should complain that despite having på max points into the APC I still get owned by helicopters and jets -which are presently only one point each.

AA and TOW are hardly unbalancing as it is, and using them is a valid strategy. I can understand why you can get frustrated with campers -I certainly do when I am taken out by one from across the battlefield- but it is not as if it is easy as pie to use a sniper rifle effectively at long range, or as if using the AA or TOW is an automatic score. Taking up a stationary position on any battlefield -especially one that is known by the enemy- is associated with great risk and I for one have the utmost respect for a sniper who can take out a man sized moving target at range 300+ despite the above mentioned frustration.

I can accept if the ability to use the AA and TOW requires me to spend a point to become proficient, but no more. I can even follow the suggestion of spending multiple points on the AA and TOW if it means improving performance -that is: faster target acquisition and/or faster reload.

The biggest problem with aircraft at the moment is that half ones team is fighting over them and about 90 percent of these cannot fly worth a damn -which incidently is why they get shot down so quickly.
15-07-2011, 06:01 PM | Post: #31
Offline Imashrub 
I know I said I was done here, and I still feel that on the topic I am completely done, but a friend pointed something out to me and for clarity's sake I just want to say some things. The first two quotes are not attacks on your English, they are corrections to it so that you will better understand how to use them in the future. I know that English is the hardest language to learn so when I see something that needs correcting and is relevant to what I am saying I will fix it.

Secondly, just to clear things up, I haven't been playing the game for 7 days and 5 hours (well 9 hours now) straight, I just logged on for the first time 7 days and 9 hours ago and have been playing on and off since then.

And lastly I am against your idea as it stands because these static weapons are not just things that are given to you, to use the ones that are of most use you need to take control of their flag as well. Lets say someone spends 5 points training the skill and then only gets to use them for 1/5 of the game on 1/5 of the maps, effectively those points are then wasted. Also AA guns are a vital piece of base defense, lets say of the 16 players in a team only 1 person decided to spend the points, that would mean that at any given time every base controlled that he is not at will be chopper and jet fodder further unbalancing the game in the pilots favor. As it is a good pilot will be in the top few players for an omen match, remove the use of AA to untrained players and you will quickly find that only pilots will be on the top and everyone else will be far behind. No doubt that will then have people crying even more about jets and choppers which will then end up in them being down-graded in the name of "balance"
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 06:04 PM by Imashrub.)
15-07-2011, 06:29 PM | Post: #32
Offline gunn7y 
(15-07-2011 06:01 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  I know I said I was done here, and I still feel that on the topic I am completely done, but a friend pointed something out to me and for clarity's sake I just want to say some things. The first two quotes are not attacks on your English, they are corrections to it so that you will better understand how to use them in the future. I know that English is the hardest language to learn so when I see something that needs correcting and is relevant to what I am saying I will fix it.

Secondly, just to clear things up, I haven't been playing the game for 7 days and 5 hours (well 9 hours now) straight, I just logged on for the first time 7 days and 9 hours ago and have been playing on and off since then.

And lastly I am against your idea as it stands because these static weapons are not just things that are given to you, to use the ones that are of most use you need to take control of their flag as well. Lets say someone spends 5 points training the skill and then only gets to use them for 1/5 of the game on 1/5 of the maps, effectively those points are then wasted. Also AA guns are a vital piece of base defense, lets say of the 16 players in a team only 1 person decided to spend the points, that would mean that at any given time every base controlled that he is not at will be chopper and jet fodder further unbalancing the game in the pilots favor. As it is a good pilot will be in the top few players for an omen match, remove the use of AA to untrained players and you will quickly find that only pilots will be on the top and everyone else will be far behind. No doubt that will then have people crying even more about jets and choppers which will then end up in them being down-graded in the name of "balance"

Excuse me for asking, but where did you get the idea that English is the hardest language to learn? I know it's offtopic, but please enlighten me. And the guy that would invest his points in jets will also use them for only 1/5 of the flags.

[Image: eafailed.png]
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 06:29 PM by gunn7y.)
15-07-2011, 07:03 PM | Post: #33
Offline Ghost911 
(15-07-2011 06:29 PM)gunn7y Wrote:  Excuse me for asking, but where did you get the idea that English is the hardest language to learn? I know it's offtopic, but please enlighten me. And the guy that would invest his points in jets will also use them for only 1/5 of the flags.

wow you are really off-topic now.
1st-I didn't say that english is the hardest laguage to learn
2nd-noone ever caps flags with jets. that suicide. ask anybody.

15-07-2011, 07:46 PM | Post: #34
Offline gunn7y 
(15-07-2011 07:03 PM)Ghost911 Wrote:  
(15-07-2011 06:29 PM)gunn7y Wrote:  Excuse me for asking, but where did you get the idea that English is the hardest language to learn? I know it's offtopic, but please enlighten me. And the guy that would invest his points in jets will also use them for only 1/5 of the flags.

1st- The guy that I was quoting did.
2nd- F35 has VTOL, so it's not really suicide, the only thing that can stop you is some guy on AA or an APC. If there is no one, then there is really no problem. You just need a bit of luck and if there was a training for AA-s your chances for success would increase.

[Image: eafailed.png]
15-07-2011, 08:12 PM | Post: #35
Offline Ghost911 
(15-07-2011 07:46 PM)gunn7y Wrote:  
(15-07-2011 07:03 PM)Ghost911 Wrote:  

1st- The guy that I was quoting did.
2nd- F35 has VTOL, so it's not really suicide, the only thing that can stop you is some guy on AA or an APC. If there is no one, then there is really no problem. You just need a bit of luck and if there was a training for AA-s your chances for success would increase.

yeah, btw, there was some glitch that only your previous comment was visible.

15-07-2011, 08:46 PM | Post: #36
Offline Ghost911 
(15-07-2011 05:59 PM)Lord_Bingo Wrote:  Seriously.

1 point now- but there will be 20(+) after tier3. Sorry, but all what you've written becomes pretty unworthy.

(15-07-2011 06:01 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  I am against your idea as it stands because these static weapons are not just things that are given to you, to use the ones that are of most use you need to take control of their flag as well.
Yeah, dude, don't forget- there isn't a jet or apache for every individual at the time aswell.
(So people keep camping for them. But EAsy solved problem with making piloting expensive.)

(15-07-2011 06:01 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  Lets say someone spends 5 points training the skill and then only gets to use them for 1/5 of the game on 1/5 of the maps, effectively those points are then wasted.
Also AA guns are a vital piece of base defense, lets say of the 16 players in a team only 1 person decided to spend the points, that would mean that at any given time every base controlled that he is not at will be chopper and jet fodder further unbalancing the game in the pilots favor.

And if AAs are free (no training needed) then how can a guy feel after being shot down by one duck while he has spent 20 points on piloting?

Well, if playing on Oman, you can easily use AAs in from D to A,B fields, from, B to A,D and from A-sea and C. So it might be pretty well under control. (And keep in mind that there might be no pilots at all on one team).

(15-07-2011 06:01 PM)Imashrub Wrote:  As it is a good pilot will be in the top few players for an omen match, remove the use of AA to untrained players and you will quickly find that only pilots will be on the top and everyone else will be far behind. No doubt that will then have people crying even more about jets and choppers which will then end up in them being down-graded in the name of "balance"

20 points, man. 20. not 1, 2 or 3 but 20! that's almost half the points you can have at all. I bet, pilots will calmly say ''STFU'' if anybody will be whining about that.

16-07-2011, 03:57 AM | Post: #37
Offline Johnysnake 
Did i forgot to mention anything about AA´s in the Jet guide?

16-07-2011, 02:09 PM | Post: #38
Offline Lord_Bingo 
(15-07-2011 08:46 PM)Ghost911 Wrote:  
(15-07-2011 05:59 PM)Lord_Bingo Wrote:  Seriously.

1 point now- but there will be 20(+) after tier3. Sorry, but all what you've written becomes pretty unworthy.

If you think so I am afraid you might have missed my point.

As I understand it, it might be 10+ to learn to fly a helicopter AND 10+ to learn how to fly a jet after tier 3. To say that it will be so, however, is to jump to conclusions. Jets and helicopters are a game unbalancing mechanic if used correctly -just as in RL- and it is only fair that their use comes with both the associated risks of low level flying and a price of admission.

You are blowing this way out of proportions. Jets especially are sitting ducks flying at mach 2 which means that they are vulnerable to AA fire BUT that the window of opportunity to actually squeeze those rockets off is very small. If you think it is unfair when you have actually had a chance to see what tier 3 will be like then don't fly!
16-07-2011, 02:54 PM | Post: #39
Offline Johnysnake 
I´ll help you guys counting. Cause most of you don´t seem to count right. Dodgy

[Image: t3jettrainingpoints.jpg]

Training points needed to unlock next tier (2&3) In total: 7 points.
Training points needed for jet piloting Basic & advanged jet piloting skills, 19 in total.
Possible needed training point "Combat Resilience" currently increases the amount of health you recieve when repairing. Not sure if this still works with T3 ability "Ground Crew Support". 3 points in total.

Total amount training points 18 + 11 = 29 points needed to maximize jet piloting.

An experienced pilot will definitely invest training points in all possible training skills to maximize the options and abilities when piloting a jet. Which would be (currently) 29 in total. To reach this amount of points you need to be level 30.

Personaly, i think this is a good thing. Cause if you can´t fly, you ain´t gonna spend 29 valuable points to unlock all jet piloting options and abilities. So watch out for jets when we get T3. If you see one, it will most likely be a skilled pilot. Or atleast it should be, unless he is still practising.

Btw, that´s also why the suggestion about training points for AA´s ain´t gonna work. With only skilled pilots in the air, you need some "AA noobs", who try to shoot them down. Without them... The pilots will own the whole opposite ground crew badly.

16-07-2011, 04:35 PM | Post: #40
Offline Clerlic 
+10 points if you wanna fly helicopters too.