Hello There, Guest!

12-07-2011, 09:32 AM | Post: #1
Offline HomeSen 
Since many players seem to suffer from the "Endless Loading" problem (see image below), and most threads discussing it are many pages long and solutions are spread across the whole thread, I decided to create a "nice small list of suggestions". This list contains real solutions that for others, and a few things to check if "something is rotten in the state of Denmark" (Shakespeare)
[Image: start-screen.png]

Possible Workarounds and Fixes

Look for entries containing ea.com in your local hosts file, located here:
Code:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
You can open that file with Notepad. If there are any lines similar to these:
Code:
127.0.0.1    gosredirector.ea.com
127.0.0.1    gosgvaprod-qos01.ea.com
127.0.0.1    gosiadprod-qos01.ea.com
127.0.0.1    gossjcprod-qos01.ea.com
127.0.0.1    demangler.ea.com
127.0.0.1    vmp.tools.gos.ea.com
127.0.0.1    akamai.com
delete them, or comment them by putting a pound # symbol infront on them.

Try disabling the "Automatic Proxy Discovery", following this guide: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...p?tid=2582
Sometimes it seems like the game is "hanging" at the loading screen, but after 10-15 minutes continues as if nothing had been wrong Wink

Make sure you don't have a proxy server set, if you don't need one:
  1. Open the same window as described in the above mentioned link (in case you closed it already)
  2. Make sure the "Use proxy server" option is UNCHECKED

Make sure your InternetExplorer isn't running in Offline mode (only applies if you use another browser to start the game):
  1. Open InternetExplorer
  2. Click the File menu (if the menu bar isn't there, press [ALT] once to display it)
  3. Make sure Offline mode is NOT activated (should be the last entry above Exit)

Clear your DNS cache. DNS is responsible for getting the IP address for a given server name, and the cache might contain some invalid/old entries:
  1. Go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt
  2. When using Vista/Win7, right-click on it and select "Run as Administrator"; when using Windows XP, just click on it
  3. The "Command Prompt" window should open
  4. Type the following command into it and press [RETURN]
    Code:
    ipconfig /flushdns
  5. You can now close the command prompt

If you are living on a campus, it might be that your campus' administrator has blocked some of the required ports.
If so, ask him to open the following ports (even if you don't know what that means, he will most likely do Wink ):
Code:
Port          | Protocol | Required by
--------------+----------+------------------------------------------
11037         | TCP      | EA Master server
17502         | TCP      | EA DataCenter servers (e.g. MatchMaking)
3659          | UDP      | EA DataCenter servers (e.g. MatchMaking)
16567 - 16582 | UDP      | Game servers (e.g i3d.net)
44301         | UDP      | PnkBstrA.exe
45301         | UDP      | PnkBstrB.exe
14567         | TCP/UDP  | Game servers
1234          | TCP/UDP  | PunkBuster
18567         | TCP/UDP  | Game servers
This list isn't neccessarily complete. But that is what I have found so far, while investigations for my "soon to be finished" troubleshooting tool.

If your router supports setting up a DMZ (DeMilitarized Zone), try putting your machine into that exact zone (consult your router's manual, or tell me what exact router you use, and I'll check if I can assist you). The DMZ is less restrictive when it comes to blocking [i]might-be-malicious-traffic Wink

Try disabling your anti-virus/firewall/security-suite. If this solves the issue, consult the according manual to find out how to whitelist the bfp4f.exe through your firewall/etc.

If you have any other "security/anonymity tool", like one of the following, try disabling it:
  • PeerBlock
  • PeerGuardian
  • ProxyFirewall
  • JAP
  • Steganos Internet Anonym

Close all programs that you don't need, especially those that might "clutter" your internet connection (like e.g. Skype, Torrent, GoogleUpdater, MSN, ICQ, WindowsUpdate etc.) because if these programs "use" all your bandwidth, then the loading of the game can take very long Wink

Try clearing (read: delete all files inside) the WebCache folder located at:
Code:
MyDocuments\Battlefield Play4Free\WebCache

Try running your browser with administrative privileges:
  1. Close all browser windows
  2. Right-click on your browser's icon
  3. Select "Run as Administrator"
  4. Start the game by clicking on the "Play Now" link

Restart your router. It might sound mundane, but sometimes the easies things are solving the worst problems Wink Thanks to Danreth for that tip.

(13-12-2011 05:16 PM)CFghost Wrote:  i found a way of solving the endless loading but it will need two computers.

1. install battlefield play4free in another computer
2. start the game and see if it works on that computer
3. if it does go to:Documents\Battlefield Play4Free\WebCache and copy everything inside.
4. paste the files in a thumbdrive.
5. transfer the file you copied from the other computer to your own computer's: Documents\Battlefield Play4Free\WebCache folder.
6. start and test the game.

i hope it works for some people.Angel

(22-12-2011 05:43 PM)Bashrarz Wrote:  Hi all, I got the endless loading screen problem resolved by changing the MTU setting on my router from automatic to 1500. Previously I was unable to ping 321082-gosprapp106.ea.com [94.236.97.4]. Now I can ping this server and the game loads very fast. Hope this helps.

No matter which browser you use to start the game, the game client uses several files/libraries and settings from InternetExplorer. Thus, please make sure you have the latest stable version of IE installed.
For Windows XP this would be InternetExplorer 8.
For Vista/Win7 this would be InternetExplorer 9.

Also, try resetting IE. WARNING: This will delete all saved passwords and bookmarks Wink
  1. Open InternetExplorer
  2. Go to Tools->InternetSettings
  3. Switch to the "Advanced" tab
  4. Click the "Reset..." button
  5. Activate the "Delete personal settings" option
  6. Click the "Reset" button
  7. Close IE and start it again

Attached File(s)
.jpg  loading.jpg (Size: 274.19 KB / Downloads: 3494)

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Image: cache.png]
Thanks to cpt.stone for that awesome piece of art

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

12-07-2011, 09:33 AM | Post: #2
Offline HomeSen 
Things to check

Check if you can reach all neccessary servers:
  1. Copy and paste the following code into Notepad (or any other texteditor, you like)
    Code:
    @echo **** Contacting [321082-gosprapp106.ea.com] ****
    @ping 321082-gosprapp106.ea.com -n 1
    @echo.

@echo **** Contacting [gosredirector.ea.com] ****
    @ping gosredirector.ea.com -n 1
    @echo.

@echo **** Contacting [gossjcprod-qos01.ea.com] ****
    @ping gossjcprod-qos01.ea.com -n 1
    @echo.

@echo **** Contacting [gosiadprod-qos01.ea.com] ****
    @ping gosiadprod-qos01.ea.com -n 1
    @echo.

@echo **** Contacting [gosnrtprod-qos01.ea.com] ****
    @ping gosnrtprod-qos01.ea.com -n 1
    @echo.

@echo **** Contacting [gosgvaprod-qos01.ea.com] ****
    @ping gosgvaprod-qos01.ea.com -n 1
    @echo.

@echo **** Contacting [cdn.battlefield.play4free.com] ****
    @ping cdn.battlefield.play4free.com -n 1
    @echo.

@pause
  2. Save the file as e.g. ping_test.cmd (the extension is the important part of that Wink )
  3. Run the batch file. Your output for ALL servers should be similar to this (but in your Windows' set language):
    [Image: ping.png]

The important parts are:
  • "Response by" should NOT be 127.0.0.1
  • Number of received packages should be 1

If none of these work, please attach your DxDiag.txt and HiJackThis.log, following this guide: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru....php?tid=9

If you don't know how to ATTACH these files, here is how:
After you created your DxDiag.txt, click the "New Reply" button (do NOT use the "Quick Reply"). You can find the "Attachments" area, when you click on "New Reply" (or "Create Topic", for new topics) and then scoll down (see 2nd image).
  1. Click on "Browse" (red circle)
  2. Find the DxDiag.txt and press "OK"
  3. Click on "Add Attachment" (blue circle)
  4. When it finished uploading the file, repeat steps 1-3 for your HiJackThis.log
  5. Type a few words in the message textfield and finally press "Post Reply"

[Image: add_attachment.png]

[Image: add_attachment2.png]
(Click to enlarge)

Help us to help you! (DxDiag.txt & HiJackThis.log) | Stuck on Loading screen? | How To: Properly uninstalling the game | PunkBuster issues? Read here.

12-07-2011, 09:33 AM | Post: #3
Offline HomeSen 
<- Reserved for even more Awesome™ ->

12-07-2011, 11:20 AM | Post: #4
Offline Swiatazz 
i have still same problem....

help please...

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 48.81 KB / Downloads: 171)
.log  hijackthis.log (Size: 8.99 KB / Downloads: 146)

12-07-2011, 11:27 AM | Post: #5
Offline HomeSen 
(12-07-2011 11:20 AM)Swiatazz Wrote:  i have still same problem....

help please...

Could you please specify your actual problem, as I asked you in the other threads? In some threads you write that you are stuck at the loading screen and at the same time you write in others that you get a black/white screen with sound playing. So which of these is the case now?

Please download and install the latest drivers for:
  • your graphics card: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...ng=English
  • your sound card:
    HomeSen (originally by Mebes at the BFH Forum) Wrote:--> XP HD Audio <--
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/
    - Choose High Definition Audio
    - Check the agree box
    - Then click on next
    - Choose Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)
    - Set a system restore point.
    - Uninstall your current audio card driver.
    - Install the new audio card driver.
    - Reboot and try again.

12-07-2011, 11:47 AM | Post: #6
Offline Swiatazz 
sorry, I mean the problem of loading - Loading to me and suddenly disappears after a few seconds when I turn Battlefield

#Translate google ;|
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2011 11:52 AM by Swiatazz.)
12-07-2011, 12:21 PM | Post: #7
Offline HomeSen 
(12-07-2011 11:47 AM)Swiatazz Wrote:  sorry, I mean the problem of loading - Loading to me and suddenly disappears after a few seconds when I turn Battlefield

#Translate google ;|

That is even another issue that has nothing to do with being stuck on the loading screen nor is it related to the "black/white screen with sound issue" Wink And that is why I asked you to describe your problem more detailed Wink

What you are describing here is that the updater starts, the "Checking installation" window opens, then closes, and nothing else happens afterwards. You can find the solution for that here: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...#pid394429

13-07-2011, 11:41 AM | Post: #8
Offline Driftgee 
i can't launch the game. every time i try to it takes for ever to launch and it never starts...
13-07-2011, 12:51 PM | Post: #9
Offline HomeSen 
Have you tried all the things mentioned in the first post?

15-07-2011, 06:08 PM | Post: #10
Offline jjtongs 
I am facing a problem with the game client. The game client launches successfully but there is no "loading" animation displayed at the bottom right hand corner of the game client. The music just keeps playing in the background but nothing else happens after that. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but the problem still persists.I have even reformatted my computer but the problem is still there. Please help me. I'm desperate!

Attached File(s)
.jpg  Battlefield+screenshot.jpg (Size: 196.94 KB / Downloads: 253)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 33.04 KB / Downloads: 67)
.log  hijackthis.log (Size: 10.82 KB / Downloads: 54)

15-07-2011, 11:02 PM | Post: #11
Offline HomeSen 
It seems to me that Noton Internet Security blocks the game. Try disabling it, temporarily. If this solves your issue. Find out how to "whitelist" the BFP4F.exe

16-07-2011, 04:13 AM | Post: #12
Offline jjtongs 
I have tried that but it still doesn't work. Appreciate your help!

(15-07-2011 06:08 PM)jjtongs Wrote:  I am facing a problem with the game client. The game client launches successfully but there is no "loading" animation displayed at the bottom right hand corner of the game client. The music just keeps playing in the background but nothing else happens after that. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but the problem still persists.I have even reformatted my computer but the problem is still there. Please help me. I'm desperate!
16-07-2011, 06:05 AM | Post: #13
Offline Iono 
Same problem as jjtongs
16-07-2011, 11:35 AM | Post: #14
Offline LoneWolf_pt 
If you use windows7 and you dare, you can try what i posted here : http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=42663.
17-07-2011, 12:58 AM | Post: #15
Offline peetrr 
Thanks, uncommenting "ea" in hosts file helped me.
17-07-2011, 11:19 AM | Post: #16
Offline HomeSen 
(16-07-2011 11:35 AM)LoneWolf_pt Wrote:  If you use windows7 and you dare, you can try what i posted here : http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=42663.

I've added that to the list. Didn't think that this might solve that issue, so thank you for the "heads-up" Smile

17-07-2011, 04:51 PM | Post: #17
Offline Subjugator 
OK, thx it works again.
I did what you have posted here the 2nd time this month nowBig Grin
But I just thought, my loading screen is different from yours, so I opened a new topic. Sorry!

Thank you very much!
The world just need people like youBig Grin
17-07-2011, 05:06 PM | Post: #18
Offline HomeSen 
(17-07-2011 04:51 PM)Subjugator Wrote:  OK, thx it works again.
I did what you have posted here the 2nd time this month nowBig Grin
But I just thought, my loading screen is different from yours, so I opened a new topic. Sorry!

Thank you very much!
The world just need people like youBig Grin

Yeah, it looked like there was another issue with your game, too. And it seems like both problems (the strange game client and the endless loading) got solved for you Wink

18-07-2011, 04:29 PM | Post: #19
Offline Maziar24 
I was playing this game for two months but suddenly this endless loading screen appeared. I was expecting that EA fixes the issue but till now there is no change and I cannot fix it also (tried everything, even tried another laptop).

EDITED: I tried the hint from this link few times and finally it works now Big Grin

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...#pid347211
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2011 05:56 AM by Maziar24.)
21-07-2011, 04:35 AM | Post: #20
Offline xDargaru 
(20-07-2011 04:29 PM)HomeSen Wrote:  
(20-07-2011 03:52 PM)Solid Wrote:  first off: This=>PHP

Fixed Wink

(20-07-2011 03:52 PM)Solid Wrote:  and Search more
and find:
http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...p?tid=2582
http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...#pid347211

If that doesn't help, attach your DxDiag.txt, following the guide in my signature. This is usually caused by an outdated driver, or an unsupported video chip Wink

Well Here you go. Also did the hijackthis thing

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 41.65 KB / Downloads: 50)
.log  hijackthis.log (Size: 5.79 KB / Downloads: 47)