Hello There, Guest!

16-10-2011, 10:50 PM | Post: #121
Offline snipe_yo_azzz 
I have a wonderful idea for a new map!!!!!

I say we throw it back old-school and go to Vietnam. the map would be mostly forest with a few trails interlaced all over the map, it would be surrounded by a high mountain (like at dragon valley). The main feature of the would be a dirt road that went through the middle of the map and halfway through the road would be a roadblock (one of the bases). There would be planes that would fly over head but the wouldn't really do anything just except look cool. This would be a full vehicle map (Helis, APCs, tanks, planes, ect.). On one end of the map there would be the US base and airfield, on the other side would be the Russian base.
The capture bases would be a small outpost in the forest, the roadblock, as i already stated, and a small village/ farming field. The village would have about seven houses in which you could wonder into for cover if needed. The field would be surrounded by trees on all side except one which would be open to the village
The vehicles would all be different, i did some research and found the most time accurate vehicles from this period. Here they are.

US Russian

A4-skyhawk-plane Mig-21-plane

PBR river patrol boat GAZ-46 amphibious car
CJ-3B MG jeep (this would serve as both
car and boat)
M-113 APC
M48 Patton medium tank BTR-60-APC
T-44-85- tank
UH-1 Huey- transport chopper
Cobra- attack chopper Mil-Mi-8-transport chopper
Ka-50- attack chopper

This is my idea for the new map please feel free to critiques necessary to make it more how you would want it. This is the era i like so if you are going to comment mean/nasty thing don't. if you want to reach my you can email me at zh5337@gmail.com.
19-10-2011, 03:29 PM | Post: #122
Offline .:Camper:. 
(16-10-2011 10:50 PM)snipe_yo_azzz Wrote:  I have a wonderful idea for a new map!!!!!

I say we throw it back old-school and go to Vietnam. the map would be mostly forest with a few trails interlaced all over the map, it would be surrounded by a high mountain (like at dragon valley). The main feature of the would be a dirt road that went through the middle of the map and halfway through the road would be a roadblock (one of the bases). There would be planes that would fly over head but the wouldn't really do anything just except look cool. This would be a full vehicle map (Helis, APCs, tanks, planes, ect.). On one end of the map there would be the US base and airfield, on the other side would be the Russian base.
The capture bases would be a small outpost in the forest, the roadblock, as i already stated, and a small village/ farming field. The village would have about seven houses in which you could wonder into for cover if needed. The field would be surrounded by trees on all side except one which would be open to the village
The vehicles would all be different, i did some research and found the most time accurate vehicles from this period. Here they are.

US Russian

A4-skyhawk-plane Mig-21-plane

PBR river patrol boat GAZ-46 amphibious car
CJ-3B MG jeep (this would serve as both
car and boat)
M-113 APC
M48 Patton medium tank BTR-60-APC
T-44-85- tank
UH-1 Huey- transport chopper
Cobra- attack chopper Mil-Mi-8-transport chopper
Ka-50- attack chopper

This is my idea for the new map please feel free to critiques necessary to make it more how you would want it. This is the era i like so if you are going to comment mean/nasty thing don't. if you want to reach my you can email me at zh5337@gmail.com.

wrong thread. lol

/fail

[Image: ?m=3]

(19-09-2011 10:12 AM)Silvanoshi Wrote:  it's just the fact that it trying to land it is like playing a very explosive form of Russian roulette.
19-10-2011, 04:08 PM | Post: #123
Offline Johnysnake 
Indeed what is that post doing here...

19-10-2011, 07:55 PM | Post: #124
Offline Sphere 
Just a side-note:
I am fully responsible for the functionality of the server
I am NOT responsible for the amount of users online. Nor is any mod here.

Get your teammates online, because spreading the word is your responsibility. I'm happy to host this server. Use it Smile

23-10-2011, 04:40 PM | Post: #125
Offline SpankZilla 
bfp4f = password not working

a little help please
23-10-2011, 06:29 PM | Post: #126
Offline Johnysnake 
(23-10-2011 04:40 PM)SpankZilla Wrote:  bfp4f = password not working

a little help please
It´s: BFP4F, not bfp4f. Wink

01-11-2011, 10:56 PM | Post: #127
Offline Wizlawz 
i have been told i echo quite a bit and i have alot of background interference.

i have checked :

echo reduction and echo cancellation and still i have this issue... any suggestions?

[Image: 1977958]
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 10:56 PM by Wizlawz.)
01-11-2011, 11:04 PM | Post: #128
Offline sirphunkee 
(01-11-2011 10:56 PM)Wizlawz Wrote:  i have been told i echo quite a bit and i have alot of background interference.

i have checked :

echo reduction and echo cancellation and still i have this issue... any suggestions?

For anybody that can help troubleshoot wiz's issue (please!), he's actually using headphones, but still broadcasts both background noise as well as game noises through his mic...I really have no idea how the game sounds are getting through since he's got cans on..??
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 11:05 PM by sirphunkee.)
02-11-2011, 10:50 PM | Post: #129
Offline Mishael777 
Question: How do I tell which match room to join for which server I'm on? Thanks.
04-11-2011, 09:03 PM | Post: #130
Online 303ConArtist 
(02-11-2011 10:50 PM)Mishael777 Wrote:  Question: How do I tell which match room to join for which server I'm on? Thanks.

You can join any room you want, I believe, and your friends can see what server you joined to follow you.

05-11-2011, 02:59 PM | Post: #131
Offline Sphere 
(01-11-2011 11:04 PM)sirphunkee Wrote:  
(01-11-2011 10:56 PM)Wizlawz Wrote:  i have been told i echo quite a bit and i have alot of background interference.

i have checked :

For anybody that can help troubleshoot wiz's issue (please!), he's actually using headphones, but still broadcasts both background noise as well as game noises through his mic...I really have no idea how the game sounds are getting through since he's got cans on..??

There are multiple reasons for this issue.

Here's a small checklist to see what might be the issue:
Make sure there is something playing on your speakers, roughly at the volume you'd have when you are playing the game (Some rock-music would do fine).

1. Is your headphone a separated channel from your speakers? (Audio-settings in Windows/Audio-panel)
1.1 Make sure, under windows, there is NO microphone boost set!
2. Make sure Teamspeak has the correct input and output set:
2.1 TS => Settings => Options => Playback: Mode [Automatically use best mode], Device [Headphone]
2.1.2 With the play-test-sound button, adjust your volume to it's best setting.
2.3 TS => Settings => Options => Capture: Mode [Automatically use best mode], Device [Microphone]
2.4 Set it on Voice Activation Detection and click "Begin Test"
2.4.1 Slide the slider-thingy to a level where, as you would talk a bit loud, you can hear yourself echo back (this is intentional echo for the testing)
2.4.2 Adjust the slider until you can't hear any echoing from your speaker.
2.4.3 Check Echo reduction, Echo cancellation and under Advanced options Remove Background noise and Automatic voice gain control
2.4.4 Set the echo reduction reduces playback by: to somewhere around 10db (that usually should do the trick)
2.4.5 Test by going online. If you still echo, set the echo reduction higher until you have found the perfect setting.

This takes some time and tweaking if your mic is sensitive.

I hope this short guide to "setting up your teamspeak" helps you. It seems to me, it's a matter of tweaking.

Some pc's however, seem to take the "audio out" as microphone. This is VERY annoying behaviour, which indeed causes massive echoing.
If this is the case, there's something set wrong in your audio-control panel in Windows.

05-11-2011, 03:02 PM | Post: #132
Offline Sphere 
(04-11-2011 09:03 PM)303ConArtist Wrote:  
(02-11-2011 10:50 PM)Mishael777 Wrote:  Question: How do I tell which match room to join for which server I'm on? Thanks.

You can join any room you want, I believe, and your friends can see what server you joined to follow you.

Well, best habit is to use a nickname on TS, that's the same (or similar) in-game. So new folks joining, can recognize you in the room and join you there.

Either that, or make sure in your description (right-click your name, change description) you clearly state who you are.

Or, if everybody knows who you are already, you could just use a different nickname.
For example, I often use "Sir Timmy the Fifth" on TS. Most people I play with, already know my ingame and TS name anyway.
But this is not advised behaviour!

Or, just state in your game "Join on the BFP4F Community Server TS! I'm in room X." That will probably make it clear too Wink

05-11-2011, 03:11 PM | Post: #133
Offline Healin4ev3r 
(05-11-2011 03:02 PM)Sphere Wrote:  
(04-11-2011 09:03 PM)303ConArtist Wrote:  

Well, best habit is to use a nickname on TS, that's the same (or similar) in-game. So new folks joining, can recognize you in the room and join you there.

Either that, or make sure in your description (right-click your name, change description) you clearly state who you are.

Or, if everybody knows who you are already, you could just use a different nickname.
For example, I often use "Sir Timmy the Fifth" on TS. Most people I play with, already know my ingame and TS name anyway.
But this is not advised behaviour!

Or, just state in your game "Join on the BFP4F Community Server TS! I'm in room X." That will probably make it clear too Wink

Where's Master Yo xD ?

[Image: xhUzq]

Honey Badger
PTFO
06-11-2011, 01:28 AM | Post: #134
Offline Sphere 
(05-11-2011 03:11 PM)Healin4ev3r Wrote:  Where's Master Yo xD ?

He's an annoying piece of panda! Tongue

Ok, back on topic.
This is to all who have/run a server on their own name.

I've created a "Server Admins channel", under password. So, you either get dragged in, or have to ask for the password.

This channel has a simple reason. IF someone is banned from your server, tell the other server-owners why.
Mind you, it is your server. The point of this room is just for information about how to hold up a server in a good way.

I will not give away the password (I can't even remember it, I just hit some random keys). To get into the server admin chat, any TS admin (me, johnysnake, the others (can't remember them)) , must give it to you. Goodnight folks!

06-11-2011, 07:06 PM | Post: #135
Offline Wizlawz 
1. Is your headphone a separated channel from your speakers? (Audio-settings in Windows/Audio-panel) i have no clue where this is : win 7 64 bit but i did find something but i dont remember how i found it but i ended up doing a some kind of wizard and now my mic is "ready for use" i guess. i found it: set up microphone
1.1 Make sure, under windows, there is NO microphone boost set! yep i found this and lowered / disabled it
2.1 TS => Settings => Options => Playback: Mode [Automatically use best mode], Device [Headphone] i dont have a headphone option
2.3 TS => Settings => Options => Capture: Mode [Automatically use best mode], Device [Microphone] i dont have micro phone option
2.4.1 Slide the slider-thingy to a level where, as you would talk a bit loud, you can hear yourself echo back (this is intentional echo for the testing)
2.4.3 Check Echo reduction, Echo cancellation and under Advanced options Remove Background noise and Automatic voice gain control i have all that checked
2.4.4 Set the echo reduction reduces playback by: to somewhere around 10db (that usually should do the trick) yep its at 10db
2.4.5 Test by going online. If you still echo, set the echo reduction higher until you have found the perfect setting.

================================================================================​===========

thx for the reply,.. now i just have to test what i have changed

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 07:32 PM by Wizlawz.)
06-11-2011, 08:32 PM | Post: #136
Offline Sphere 
(06-11-2011 07:06 PM)Wizlawz Wrote:  1. Is your headphone a separated channel from your speakers? (Audio-settings in Windows/Audio-panel) i have no clue where this is : win 7 64 bit but i did find something but i dont remember how i found it but i ended up doing a some kind of wizard and now my mic is "ready for use" i guess. i found it: set up microphone
1.1 Make sure, under windows, there is NO microphone boost set! yep i found this and lowered / disabled it
2.1 TS => Settings => Options => Playback: Mode [Automatically use best mode], Device [Headphone] i dont have a headphone option
2.3 TS => Settings => Options => Capture: Mode [Automatically use best mode], Device [Microphone] i dont have micro phone option
2.4.3 Check Echo reduction, Echo cancellation and under Advanced options Remove Background noise and Automatic voice gain control i have all that checked
2.4.4 Set the echo reduction reduces playback by: to somewhere around 10db (that usually should do the trick) yep its at 10db

================================================================================​===========

thx for the reply,.. now i just have to test what i have changed

Could you post some screenshots of what capture and playback options you have?

Also, please post your audio-card. You can find it by right-clicking "My computer" and selecting Properties.
On the right, click "Device Manager"
You'll get a list of all your devices. Expand the "Sound, video and game controllers" section and post a screenshot of what's in there.

That way, I might be able to help you a bit on the splitting-input-output settings in Windows.

06-11-2011, 08:40 PM | Post: #137
Offline Wizlawz 
come on the TS?

i am on the TS atm... it may just be easier to talk than to figure out some things in typing

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=4b3192aad1b2bd...2d397c3160]

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=d54adfebd76c2a...7a8c61d44d]

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=e7b120056497ac...332575dad0]

Attached File(s)
.jpg  SOUND DEVICES.jpg (Size: 17.25 KB / Downloads: 246)
.jpg  TS3 CAPTURE.jpg (Size: 52.36 KB / Downloads: 283)
.jpg  TS3 PLAYBACK.jpg (Size: 36.38 KB / Downloads: 249)

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 09:00 PM by Wizlawz.)
06-11-2011, 10:07 PM | Post: #138
Offline Sphere 
You have a realtek audio device. Do you have the RealTek audie drivers and panel installed?

I had a realtek, but don't have it anymore. You should install the realtek audio-panel. There, you can select an option to split inputs and outputs from mic/headset and speakers.

This will probably give you the correct options and stop the echoing.

You can find the drivers on realtek website

Best practice is to first select your soundcard type (you can find the type in the manual of your motherboard or if you bought a complete package, it should be in it's manual)

I can't tell you what type it is, only that it's a HD device, thus it should support splitted audio in/out.

p.s.
If you still have issues with your echo, please contact me via PM. So this topic stays clean from slowchat support issues Smile

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011 12:00 AM by Sphere.)
27-11-2011, 01:14 AM | Post: #139
Offline Sphere 
A few tips to help your teammates on Teamspeak:

Post, only at the start of a game something like "Hey guys, join on teamspeak! Server-info: 81.209.23.45:9993 pwd: BFP4F"

Do not spam the chat with it, you will only annoy everyone online Wink

Also, if you're a server-admin without a private teamspeak server with your P4F server, feel free to promote this server!

And offcourse, if someone keeps complaining, say "Yeah, well, stop complaining and get on teamspeak so we can really work as a team" might also help Big Grin

This server is purely a service from me, but using it to it's max makes me happy Smile

Playing P4F? Use TeamSpeak. I know, it's not a replacement for the whole "Official (US) army communication device system" and such... but hey, then again, this is a game, not the (US) Army, right?

05-12-2011, 05:42 AM | Post: #140
Offline Wizlawz 
/ TS3 Server crashed for me just now 10:41 CST

i get a NO SERVER when i try to get back on.

is it me or did anyone else just experience this?