Hello There, Guest!

01-07-2011, 11:02 AM | Post: #1
Offline Snipe0 
UH-60 Black Hawk

I had a topic about a Black Hawk in Basrah too, it's here;
http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=37432

[Image: sikorsky_uh60_blackhawk.jpg]

Ok, the Black Hawk is an awesome vehicle. Sadly enough it is only used on Oman, and I have seen no-one using it like it should be.
That is mostly because Oman has loads of vehicles, jets, apc, apaches, tanks etc. If you had to choose between an Apache and a Black Hawk, then you will choose the Apache, since it is possible to kill people as a pilot.
Because Oman has a lot of other (air) vehicles, the Black Hawk isn't used to kill, but just to crash it on A, so you can cap the flag as first.
Here are my suggestion to use that Black Hawk as a mode of transport, way to kill and to spot:

The best map for a Black Hawk would be an infrantry only map, with a normal size (like Karkand). The setting of the map doesn't really matter, but a city (like Karkand) would be fine. If you have a map where the Black Hawk is the only way to get in the air, people won't crash it because everyone loves flying.
If you give each team 1 Black Hawk, then it would be easy to fill it (with people).
It is a good idea to have 1 flag on the top of a building (a HIGH building), so you probaply need a Black Hawk to get there (although it must be possible to take the stairs to go there, so you have hard fights inside buildings too, but the best and fastest way to get there would be with the Black Hawk).

It would be awesome to see (or fly) a Black Hawk above a city between two high building, then turn 90° so your gunners face the upcoming enemy troops, let them open the fire and stay hovering at the same place.
Suddenly ( Smile ) the enemy have send their own Black Hawk in combat, and you have to take it down. The enemy's Black Hawk flies next to you and opens fire. The ground troops see two Black Hawks hovering next to eachoter and firing heavily. Then one of them explodes and smashes to the ground.

• Make the turn radius of the gunner's gun more wide, so you can aim straight forward
  • Change the color to black, it looks cooler and better, which make people use it more
  • (Maybe) explosive ammo, against vehicles like APC or tank

More things are comming, but I have to think about some things. Please sign.

[Image: Black_Hawk_Down_Super64_over_Mogadishu_coast.jpg]

Signs:
This thread has currently | 24 signs

! Every suggestion is the same for the Mi-18.
So if there is a Black Hawk in Basrah, there would be a Mi-18 too (of course) !

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​^^^^

/sign

(This post was last modified: 24-07-2011 05:45 PM by Snipe0.)
01-07-2011, 11:14 AM | Post: #2
Offline SP0(+)K 
Not even an improvement plus this has been suggested.

(02-07-2011 10:41 AM)0x5b;AUS0x5d;WhiteDeath Wrote:  [Image: spooker.png]
01-07-2011, 11:15 AM | Post: #3
Offline LeBeK 
/sign
01-07-2011, 01:34 PM | Post: #4
Offline Snipe0 
(01-07-2011 11:14 AM)SP0(+)K Wrote:  Not even an improvement plus this has been suggested.

The title says: improvement of the use of the Black Hawk, not improvement of the Black Hawk..

And where has it been suggested?

01-07-2011, 02:57 PM | Post: #5
Offline Astealoth 
the only problem with the transport helicopters is their guns are set too far back into the gunner seat and the gun turning radius is only a few feet. in bad company 2 you can turn the guns to be pointing straight forward. with the current setup it is almost impossible for an even slightly uncoordinated chopper team to make kills. the guns need more turning radius so the gunner doesnt have to absolutely rely on the pilot to aim for him. none of your suggestions will do anything to help the transport helis.

and also i think you are pretty wrong about UH60 use. i rarely see it used as just being crashed into A. the best use of a transport heli is by a solo seat switcher, land it on a hill and provide flanking cover fire against enemy positions. while this is a somewhat unintended use, it is very common. the better fix would be improve gunner turning radius so it CAN be used as intended.

[Image: p4fsiggie.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 02:59 PM by Astealoth.)
01-07-2011, 03:50 PM | Post: #6
Offline Snipe0 
(01-07-2011 02:57 PM)Astealoth Wrote:  the only problem with the transport helicopters is their guns are set too far back into the gunner seat and the gun turning radius is only a few feet. in bad company 2 you can turn the guns to be pointing straight forward. with the current setup it is almost impossible for an even slightly uncoordinated chopper team to make kills. the guns need more turning radius so the gunner doesnt have to absolutely rely on the pilot to aim for him. none of your suggestions will do anything to help the transport helis.

and also i think you are pretty wrong about UH60 use. i rarely see it used as just being crashed into A. the best use of a transport heli is by a solo seat switcher, land it on a hill and provide flanking cover fire against enemy positions. while this is a somewhat unintended use, it is very common. the better fix would be improve gunner turning radius so it CAN be used as intended.

I will add the turning radius to the list (:

01-07-2011, 04:55 PM | Post: #7
Offline 0verl0rd 
Yes so far I use the Black Hawk as a solo vehicle with me switching between pilot and gunner1/gunner2. Blackhawks are great to use (if no APC's) on oman, land on top of the house by D in a spot where AA cannot hit you, set up claymores on the stairwell, and use the mini gun tear apart D. But improved turn radius would be really nice so i dont have to adjust the helo to shoot.

[Image: CBC-1-1-1.png]

Overl0rd - Medic - 20

TheIrishEngineer - Engineer - 20

TheIrishMarksman - Recon - 20
01-07-2011, 09:41 PM | Post: #8
Offline GameKing 
Although there have been many thread with ideas how to improve the use of the Blackhawk I think this will be one of the best, so /sign

[Image: GdrJf.png]

01-07-2011, 11:31 PM | Post: #9
Offline =FreedomFighter= 
/Sign

[Image: bb7At.png]
01-07-2011, 11:46 PM | Post: #10
Offline Medic_Alert 
/sign bro. Smile

i think 1 of 2 mini guns should be gernade launchers. (dont hate me, bro)

im hip

[Image: lnr1O1l.png]
01-07-2011, 11:52 PM | Post: #11
Offline [R]ock 
(01-07-2011 11:46 PM)Medic_Alert Wrote:  /sign bro. Smile

im hip

Ok, ok
Your Hip, and im Hop

Yay!!

HIPHOP Cool

(BTW I WAS BORED LOL)

[Image: 108aiaa.png]

[R]ock: Assault Level 15
[E]atMySnipe:Recon Level 6
[C]all4ARepair Level 5

My youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/AvaYosri
02-07-2011, 12:05 AM | Post: #12
Offline 0verl0rd 
oh right /sign

[Image: CBC-1-1-1.png]

Overl0rd - Medic - 20

TheIrishEngineer - Engineer - 20

TheIrishMarksman - Recon - 20
02-07-2011, 12:30 AM | Post: #13
Offline Medic_Alert 
(01-07-2011 11:52 PM)0x5b;R0x5d;ock Wrote:  
(01-07-2011 11:46 PM)Medic_Alert Wrote:  /sign bro. Smile

im hip

Ok, ok
Your Hip, and im Hop

Yay!!

HIPHOP Cool

(BTW I WAS BORED LOL)

No bro, Smile, im so hip that it should be HIPhop.
see the difference.
im kidding Big Grin, lol

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2011 12:44 AM by Medic_Alert.)
02-07-2011, 03:22 AM | Post: #14
Offline Celestal 
i agree with everything exept the rarity and the gunners upgrade, i think transport should be available much more often and instead of upgradeing gunners range maybe the gunner should get explosive rounds, so it can threaten attack helicopters and infantry.... especially infantry because its really hard to hit them while the helicopter is in motion... gg though Big Grin

Blush Have you ever been team switched to loseing team? then click here.
http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=39365
02-07-2011, 04:04 AM | Post: #15
Offline Scrap.metal 
/Sign me in bro!
Like to see how you handle the subject. Well done!
02-07-2011, 05:59 AM | Post: #16
Offline K.Marcello 
I don't agree with blackhawks in infantry-only maps, but I do agree that the blackhawk should be more resistant to damage (reminds me of the beginning of "Saving Private Ryan" or "Enemy at the Gates" when I get in one), and the field of view should be widened for the gunners and passengers in both the Blackhawk and the MIL.

Because everything can destroy the blackhawks.

[Image: Weapon%20copy%202.png]
K.Marcello                J.Power                D.Killalea
02-07-2011, 02:32 PM | Post: #17
Offline Snipe0 
Updated the sign count. If I'm not on vacance I will try to do this daily (if necessary).

(01-07-2011 09:41 PM)0x5b;GameKing0x5d; Wrote:  Although there have been many thread with ideas how to improve the use of the Blackhawk I think this will be one of the best, so /sign
Yeah I have an other topic too, it's about Black Hawk in Basrah. Smile But that topic can (maybe) be closed if mods don't want that I opened two topics about 1 idea.

(02-07-2011 04:04 AM)Scrap.metal Wrote:  /Sign me in bro!
Like to see how you handle the subject. Well done!
Thanks (:

02-07-2011, 02:46 PM | Post: #18
Offline Medic_Alert 
On a seroius note, i think the UH-60 shouldnt be on a karkand-like map since the vechile is designed to carry passengers a long distance to their reondevou. I would like it to be used on a large map scale like operation clean sweep, fushe pass, Zalar wetlands (cant remember that one Sad), and the bf2 map with the nuclear reactors and the chinese. Tongue

02-07-2011, 02:52 PM | Post: #19
Offline Medic_Alert 
(02-07-2011 03:22 AM)Celestal Wrote:  maybe the gunner should get explosive rounds, so it can threaten attack helicopters and infantry.... especially infantry because its really hard to hit them while the helicopter is in motion... gg though Big Grin

like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvvEKwX9OHY begin at 10:50 end at 11:11.

EXPLOSIVE GUNNERS!

i know its mw3 Sad dont hate bro.

02-07-2011, 03:35 PM | Post: #20
Offline Gotcha2 
/sign

[Image: gotcha-1.png]
AKA
KillingInStyle - Tanks4Life
For some strange reason... I keep coming back to these forums. Maybe am just hoping for things to improve.....