Hello There, Guest!

23-06-2011, 07:20 PM | Post: #1
Offline MaydaX 
Who are PBBans?

PBBans is a private anti-cheat community that works with game server administrators, players, and subject matter experts to pool their experience and information about cheaters. As cheats are caught through PunkBuster™ violations, screenshots or demos, they are added to our Master Ban Index (MBI). The MBi can then be filtered and downloaded to suit each registered game server admin.

PBBans is a not only a community for game server administrators but for players as well. We welcome anyone seeking help with PunkBuster™ enabled games.

What does PBBans do?

PBBans offers server admins the ability to stream a PunkBuster enabled server to multiple anti-cheat sites by using the revolutionary PBBans Hub, which features live banning, live banlist updates, live ban removals and much more.

We also provide server admins with more bannable options outside of the standard PB detections such as MD5 tool scans for known cheat files, CVAR scans of known cheat cvars, submitting PB screenshots and game recorded demos.

These are some of the methods we use to catch cheaters in greater detail:

Quote:Even Balance Violations
These are PunkBuster triggered violations which are in the 50000 to 139999 range. Many of which only result in a two minute kick. They are added by Even Balance, the creators of PunkBuster. PBBans automatically bans these violations as they are cheating related.

CVAR Scans
Games that make use of CVARs have the option to have PunkBuster scan them and kick the player if they do not meet the defined checks. PBBans takes this a step further by adding known cheat cvar checks and ban players when detected.

MD5 Tool Scans
The PunkBuster MD5 tool allows admins to define file checks that can kick a user if the file md5 checksum does not match the one defined by the server admin. It can also be used to check if a file exists. PBBans uses this tool to detect the presence of known cheat files and to make sure stock game files are not tampered with to enable cheating.

PunkBuster Screenshots
These are screen captures of what a player is viewing on their screen. We give server admins the option to submit PunkBuster Screenshots of suspected cheaters for ban consideration. If deemed to be cheat related they are added to our banlist.

Game Recorded Demos
If a game supports recording demos that are viewable in first person, we give server admins the option to submit demos of suspected cheaters for ban consideration. If deemed to be cheat related they are added to our banlist.

Cheat File Match (CFM)
Some cheats replace stock game files in order to enable cheating. Using the PB MD5 Tool we can scan a stock file and if they match to a known cheat file the player is banned. This feature is unique to PBBans.

PBBans Features

PBBans also provides a number of features that: help the fight against cheaters, create a better playing environment through in-game messages and the ability to advertise through signatures, XML and RSS feeds.

Quote:Live Banning Network
Cheaters are banned on all servers on our streaming network in real time when they are caught. This eliminates them from joining another server and discourages cheating.

Ban Enforcement
When enabled, the PBBans Hub will check GUIDs of connecting players against the MBi. If a match is found, it issues a ban command. Even if your co-admin empties your banlist, a caught cheater will not be able to join the server. This may also help to reduce lag on your server. Also if the Ban Announcements flag is enabled a message will be sent to your server stating the user was kicked for a prior ban.

IP Restrictions
The IP Restriction feature when enabled searches the MBi (Master Ban Index) for a player’s ip when they join a server. If a match is found based on the admin defined parameters (Exact match or Subnets), the user is kicked from the server. The time can be set from 10 minutes to 7 days of the player receiving a ban. This is very effective for free games such as Enemy Territory, Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield Play4Free.

External Ban Lists
Since PBBans imports banlists from various anti-cheat communities; we offer the option to check supported banlists for banned cheaters. Level 1 - Connecting players are checked against the EBL Level 1 AC Sites. If a match is found, a kick command is issued. Level 2 - Connecting players are checked against the EBL Level 2 AC Sites. If a match is found, a kick and ban command are issued. We also display if a player is found on an external ban list when viewing our bans and searching though our Mastre Player Index (MPi). A list of anti-cheat communities included in the EBL can be found at the bottom of the MBi page.

Ban Announcements
When enabled, a ban message will be sent to your server when a player is banned from any server on our streaming network.

Personal Greetings
When enabled, a custom message will be sent to a server (With the correct flag enabled) when you join. This is based on your PB GUID.

Standard Join Greeting
When enabled, a single custom message will be sent to your server when a player joins.

Custom Signatures
We offer server admins the option to create custom signature images with full control of text locations, large selection of backgrounds and more (Fully customizable). We also offer server based signatures based on a number of selectable templates.

RSS and XML Feeds
We offer server admins and other users a large variety of RSS and XML feeds. Some of which include ban lists (global, game based and team based), team account data, extended server data and more. These are very handy for displaying information on websites.

A full list of what PBBans offers, information on how to join and a server setup guide can be found on our website at:
http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-beginnersguide.html

A sample pbsv.cfg to setup streaming to PBBans can be found at:
http://www.pbbans.com/mci-view-bfp4f-pbsv-39.html

Also our Information Center includes guides and information such as Setting up PunkBuster client logs (used to see kick messages, find your PB GUID), installing PunkBuster Services, using PB Screenshots, using PunkBuster setup, using CVAR and MD5 Scans and information on PunkBuster violation numbers.

-----------

PBBans has added BF Play4Free to our supported games list however due to the inability for PB commands to be used through RCON (Hope it gets resolved soon), our automated streaming setup tool will not work for BFP4F.

That also makes it difficult to solve streaming issues as well for the time being.

25-06-2011, 05:48 PM | Post: #2
Offline Jack.Sparrow 
i will add PBBans stream as soon my server is ready Smile

Jack.Sparrow | Terence.Hill | Daniel.Jackson | Danny.Ocean
Engineer [20] | Assault [20] | Medic [20] | Recon [20]
25-06-2011, 05:52 PM | Post: #3
Offline Jihad
(25-06-2011 05:48 PM)Jack.Sparrow Wrote:  i will add PBBans stream as soon my server is ready Smile

GGC already receives streams from PBBans (as well as Game-Violations and AON).
25-06-2011, 08:05 PM | Post: #4
Offline MaydaX 
(25-06-2011 05:52 PM)Jihad Wrote:  GGC already receives streams from PBBans (as well as Game-Violations and AON).

PBBans also imports banlists from other anti-cheat sites. The list of them are shown at [Moderator RIC0H edit: Please do no post a direct link to a ban list as it is classes as naming and shaming] under "External Ban List Statistics"

GGC imports our banlists but it's not updated in realtime. If I recall GGC imports once a day same as us. Our XML banlists don't show the full GUID for bans until 7 days after the ban date so their copy of our ban list would be 7 days behind our live one (If they still use the XML feeds).

Plus we have IP Restrictions that really help in free games like Enemy Territory, Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield Play4Free.

Quote:IP Restrictions
The IP Restriction feature when enabled searches the MBi (Master Ban Index) for a player’s ip when they join a server. If a match is found based on the admin defined parameters (Exact match or Subnets), the user is kicked from the server. The time can be set from 10 minutes to 7 days of the player receiving a ban.

(This post was last modified: 25-06-2011 08:14 PM by MaydaX.)
25-06-2011, 08:19 PM | Post: #5
Offline Jack.Sparrow 
(25-06-2011 08:05 PM)MaydaX Wrote:  
(25-06-2011 05:52 PM)Jihad Wrote:  GGC already receives streams from PBBans (as well as Game-Violations and AON).

PBBans also imports banlists from other anti-cheat sites. The list of them are shown at [Moderator RIC0H edit: Please do no post a direct link to a ban list as it is classes as naming and shaming] under "External Ban List Statistics"

GGC imports our banlists but it's not updated in realtime. If I recall GGC imports once a day same as us. Our XML banlists don't show the full GUID for bans until 7 days after the ban date so their copy of our ban list would be 7 days behind our live one (If they still use the XML feeds).

Plus we have IP Restrictions that really help in free games like Enemy Territory, Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield Play4Free.

Quote:IP Restrictions
The IP Restriction feature when enabled searches the MBi (Master Ban Index) for a player’s ip when they join a server. If a match is found based on the admin defined parameters (Exact match or Subnets), the user is kicked from the server. The time can be set from 10 minutes to 7 days of the player receiving a ban.

So if one guy has multiple accounts u mean? Or better like in heroes/play4free if someone change his soldier (same account) ... well this is indead nice (although i think that everyone change his ip every 24 hours) ... but a permanent solution will be better ... if one guid is banned, that all guides (same account) will be banned ... should be no problem if the devs help ... but should also possible without their help? And i dont mean this AutoAdmin/GGC integration like in heroes cause only a few use this tool. I mean a direct integration at streaming service. Smile

And one more question to IP Restriction ... will those "timebans" be stored at my gameserver or by PBBans?

(This post was last modified: 25-06-2011 08:34 PM by Jack.Sparrow.)
25-06-2011, 08:42 PM | Post: #6
Offline MaydaX 
(25-06-2011 08:19 PM)Jack.Sparrow Wrote:  So if one guy has multiple accounts u mean? Or better like in heroes/play4free if someone change his soldier (same account) ... well this is indead nice ... but a permanent solution will be better

It stops them from playing on any account they create unless they change their IP. Since it can also kick other players with the same IP, that's why we only enforce it up to 7 days from the ban date. It's not perfect but it helps slow cheaters down.

(25-06-2011 08:19 PM)Jack.Sparrow Wrote:  if one guid is banned, that all guides (same account) will be banned ... should be no problem if the devs help ... but should also possible without their help? And i dont mean this AutoAdmin/GGC integration like in heroes cause only a few use this tool. I mean a direct integration at streaming service. Smile

When you sign-in using your email and password (your ea account) it allows you to create solders called personas. In the case of BFP4F and Heroes each persona has it's own PB GUID. In BC2 and MoH the PB GUID is based on the EA account so no matter what persona you use the PB GUID is the same. The devs would need to fix that like DICE did for BC2.

In fact if they used the same data as BC2 and MoH (PB GUIDs are the same in both games for the same EA account) you could use a BC2 or MoH banlist in BFP4F.

26-06-2011, 07:54 PM | Post: #7
Offline UpGive 
just got pbbans streaming on one of 2 server (going to add second server tonight lol) still trying to validate account keep getting an error when i hit submitt (IE can not connect but will keep working on it. SO far the clan love pbbans (first time i have used it) and as for my self no complaints at all

[Image: ngsg24.png]
28-06-2011, 10:53 AM | Post: #8
Offline Jack.Sparrow 
[Netherlands] [Easy] 188.122.64.156:16569 5 secs ago MSI Link
[Netherlands] [Easy] 188.122.64.156:16568 34 mins ago MSI Link
[Netherlands] [Easy] 188.122.64.156:16570 1 min ago MSI Link
[Netherlands] [Easy] 188.122.64.156:16567 1 min ago MSI Link
[Netherlands] PBBans 188.122.64.158:16569 2 mins ago MSI Link

Woah nice to see, or are they only testing? Big Grin
There are servers who stream to PBbans from shade, u-238, silva and co ...

(This post was last modified: 28-06-2011 10:54 AM by Jack.Sparrow.)
06-07-2011, 02:31 AM | Post: #9
Offline DazzieBoi 
(28-06-2011 10:53 AM)Jack.Sparrow Wrote:  [Netherlands] [Easy] 188.122.64.156:16569 5 secs ago MSI Link
[Netherlands] [Easy] 188.122.64.156:16568 34 mins ago MSI Link
[Netherlands] [Easy] 188.122.64.156:16570 1 min ago MSI Link
[Netherlands] [Easy] 188.122.64.156:16567 1 min ago MSI Link
[Netherlands] PBBans 188.122.64.158:16569 2 mins ago MSI Link

Woah nice to see, or are they only testing? Big Grin
There are servers who stream to PBbans from shade, u-238, silva and co ...

hi jack what you see there is PBbans announcing new bans, they may not be bans from that particular server, they may be from another server, the announcements just give a little peace of mind to other pbbans streamers so they can see its actually working.

users of pbbans streaming to their server have the option to turn this off but I guess some people like to see it.

i personally prefer just to look at the bans made on my server [Moderator RIC0H edit: Please do no post a direct link to a ban list as it is classes as naming and shaming] and i see its doing its job in my server Big Grin

[Image: dazzieboy.png]

06-07-2011, 03:05 AM | Post: #10
Offline Harzach 
(06-07-2011 02:31 AM)DazzieBoi Wrote:  i personally prefer just to look at the bans made on my server [Moderator RIC0H edit: Please do no post a direct link to a ban list as it is classes as naming and shaming] and i see its doing its job in my server Big Grin

I recognize a couple of those names...

[Image: harzachatar-2-2.gif]
06-07-2011, 10:48 AM | Post: #11
Offline Jack.Sparrow 
i know what i see there, i only post my post to note that blue guys supports the streaming idea!

25-02-2012, 04:06 AM | Post: #12
Offline Okisaru 
Now that made my day for sure ! Im not in any IT stuf ... but im glad theres such a thing as PBBan. I will look towards more games with Punk Buster to expand my gaming spectrum Tongue
And i hope sites like [Removed] with their mega revenues will vanish one day for good ! Heart