Hello There, Guest!

04-07-2011, 03:27 PM | Post: #141
Offline DazzieBoi 
(04-07-2011 02:33 PM)crazycanuck4cc Wrote:  Ok guys sorry for dumb question but where do I put type these commands? Are they ingame? I'm not use to this kind of admin tool yet. I'd like to add admins also but have not figuerd out how to. There must be a tut somewhere for ir but I've yet to find it...Ty for your patience and it is a great tool...

yea

too add admins or moderators when the tool is open and the player is in your server just rightclick on their name and select manage, then you can chose their status Wink

once you have made someone and admin or moderator they can just put the commands in the ingame chat.
i tend to use the pipe | as its not displayed in my chat then, only the actual warning/say comes up in the green chat Wink

hope that helps

[Image: dazzieboy.png]

04-07-2011, 03:30 PM | Post: #142
Offline Badger-recon44 
TY bro.. Smile

[Image: 3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif]
05-07-2011, 10:18 AM | Post: #143
Offline DazzieBoi 
ok so i tested out the mod commands for myself and /modwarn does indeed not work at the moment, no big deal, just letting pedro know Wink

i would like to add a request for a future update though if I may, option to shuffle teams, auto shuffle at the end of map IE my server runs 2 rounds so end of second round on map change, and maybe a button to shuffle teams on the fly.

It gets kind of boring when your on the dominating team all the time and its equally frustrating if you happen to be on the team being dominated.

05-07-2011, 01:28 PM | Post: #144
Offline exair 
I'd like to ask for a working ban, this thing is driving me mad that I have to ban the same griefing piece of shits every single day at least 10 times until I get sick of it and quit.

[Image: kDGVL]
05-07-2011, 01:32 PM | Post: #145
Offline spartanabc 
I always get critical error and cant seem to connect through the IP given by i3d.net

[Image: F6ZuQ.png]
05-07-2011, 01:34 PM | Post: #146
Offline exair 
(05-07-2011 01:32 PM)spartanabc Wrote:  I always get critical error and cant seem to connect through the IP given by i3d.net

Are you sure there's no space before the IP address? That made the program crash quite a few times until I realized what's wrong.

[Image: kDGVL]
05-07-2011, 01:36 PM | Post: #147
Offline spartanabc 
(05-07-2011 01:34 PM)exair Wrote:  
(05-07-2011 01:32 PM)spartanabc Wrote:  I always get critical error and cant seem to connect through the IP given by i3d.net

Are you sure there's no space before the IP address? That made the program crash quite a few times until I realized what's wrong.

yup I'm sure

[Image: F6ZuQ.png]
05-07-2011, 02:41 PM | Post: #148
Offline FlashGordon 
@DazzieBoi - Thanks for letting me know, I'll get /modsay fixed tonight. Regarding auto-shuffle - yes very good idea. Team switching opens up many new options to us, like inteli-shuffle (actually trying to balance the teams based on past performance) I'll add this to the wish list and will try to prioritise at least an auto-shuffle as soon as I can.

@exair - Autoadmin had an autokick feature which booted players by user id whenever they joined. this meant the client had to be online 24/7 to make it effective. I will add something similar to P4FCC, as a popular feature of AA was to give someone just a few autokicks punishment for a minor offence. However I'm not sure if I'll get that implimented before EAsy fix the bans. Trust me, once bans are fixed, it will be well worth the wait!

@exair - I didn't realise you found an issue with the IP address, thanks for letting me know, I'll also have that improved tonight. The app should obviously never crash, so please all, let me know directly about any crash or even any little bug that you find.

@spartanabc - When you get a crash, you get a ..MyDocuments/BP4FCC/ApplicationCriticalErrors.txt file generated. There's nothing personal in there, all I'm interested in is seeing the stack trace, to try to trace back and find what caused the crash. Please PM/email me that. I will be looking at the IP field tonight anyway, but are you sure to be entering a genuine ip address of the form xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx? Can you cut & paste it into here and get a valid location? Can you cut and paste the same details into the Easy Panel and it works there? Please PM me directly if you're still having problems and I'll take this off the thread until we resolve it.

Regards,
Pedro

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=d77e933d86e1a2...8841c42059]

Get P4FCC (built in free demo server)
05-07-2011, 04:00 PM | Post: #149
Offline [AUS]WhiteDeath 
Still waitin for that ban fix >_<
05-07-2011, 04:33 PM | Post: #150
Offline Badger-recon44 
I got one of my admins to try and use the commands in game today and he said they did not work.. adminsay hello world did not come up. I used the BF4 panel while he was in game to set him as admin. Do I have to restart the server for it to put him in as admin?

05-07-2011, 04:55 PM | Post: #151
Offline FlashGordon 
@crazycanuck4cc - The tool you used to set him as admin is the only thing that knows he is admin, in a database on your computer (../MyDocuments/P4FCC/ipaddress_port/Users.db). It is not a server feature. There may be an issue with updating the local "current player" data when updating the database data. So if that player rejoined, or you restarted P4FCC, it would then check the database and realise they are admin.

Sorry if that isn't very clear, but I will check and fix this tonight.

Thanks for the report.
Pedro

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2011 04:56 PM by FlashGordon.)
05-07-2011, 05:36 PM | Post: #152
Offline Zeromancer 
Pedro, It looks like there is something wrong with the "modsay" command. My mod gets errors when writing "/modsay hi" or "/modsay hello". The other commands work though.

Sorry my bad English,
I usually speak Viking..
[Image: 2mfn9kz.png]
(.+.) :-x-: [::]
Proud member of The Legion
05-07-2011, 06:09 PM | Post: #153
Offline Badger-recon44 
Do the admins have to have the panel for it to work foir them or do I have to have it running?

05-07-2011, 06:55 PM | Post: #154
Offline DazzieBoi 
(05-07-2011 06:09 PM)crazycanuck4cc Wrote:  Do the admins have to have the panel for it to work foir them or do I have to have it running?

as long as someone has the program running and connected to your server it should work, I keep mine running on a second PC so I dont have to give rcon pass to anyone else, i just add them as mods/admins and they are good to go. Wink

05-07-2011, 07:14 PM | Post: #155
Offline FlashGordon 
Just published an update to P4FCC.

/modsay - Fixed

ipaddress - Extra basic checks added

Not being able to use other commands for user type?
Couldn't find any problem. Please recheck.
1) Make sure the player was correctly set in the User Database
2) Make sure User Database is enabled at the time (client settings)
3) Make sure Player Commands are enabled in the client settings menu (under user database menu)

Just to be sure, I've added an extra column, showing a little icon for admins and mods (you may recognise it if you know Autoadmin). You'll notice it changes in the background as you change the status dropdown of the user management popup, so I'm confident that all is working as expected.

Regards,
Pedro

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2011 07:18 PM by FlashGordon.)
05-07-2011, 07:40 PM | Post: #156
Offline DazzieBoi 
just mailed critcalerror log,

the last update produces constant crashes for me the 0.52

tested the /modsay and |modsay on the 0.51 and still not working for me, other mod commads are working Wink

05-07-2011, 07:47 PM | Post: #157
Offline DazzieBoi 
ok i just checked my xml for the commands and modsay is not in the xml document, i will add it manually and when i can connect again ill test but i guess thats the problem Wink

05-07-2011, 08:08 PM | Post: #158
Offline FlashGordon 
Main crash bug fixed and patched.

Thanks for letting me know DazzieBoi
I will also get /modsay added in, you're right it's only there for new users, old users would not have got it added. I'll release another patch later that adds it if it is missing. Thanks for another good catch.

Regards,
Pedro

Edit: adding /modsay to existing clients is now fixed and patched to v54

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2011 08:32 PM by FlashGordon.)
05-07-2011, 08:40 PM | Post: #159
Offline Badger-recon44 
(05-07-2011 04:55 PM)FlashGordon Wrote:  @crazycanuck4cc - The tool you used to set him as admin is the only thing that knows he is admin, in a database on your computer (../MyDocuments/P4FCC/ipaddress_port/Users.db). It is not a server feature. There may be an issue with updating the local "current player" data when updating the database data. So if that player rejoined, or you restarted P4FCC, it would then check the database and realise they are admin.

Sorry if that isn't very clear, but I will check and fix this tonight.

Thanks for the report.
Pedro

I don't see that in My Documents at all

05-07-2011, 08:49 PM | Post: #160
Offline FlashGordon 
@crazy, missing /modsay was the only player commands bug I have found. I finally fixed it in latest patch v54.

The folder is actually ../BP4FCC/.., as was formerly named. It's very hard to get these old names out of code once it's in the base framework code. and ipaddress_port is replaced with your actual server ip address and port, obviously. I was just pointing out that the user database it local to your machine, so not a server side issue.

The latest patch should add /modsay back in if you were missing it.
You will then see it in a file called PlayerCommands.xml
Go through the steps in light yellow above, that was for you.

Regards,
Pedro

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2011 08:55 PM by FlashGordon.)