Hello There, Guest!

29-06-2011, 06:24 PM | Post: #81
Offline FlashGordon 
@5thHuddsy - I'm sorry I have no idea. Your best bet is to Google some more, experiment and maybe even try contacting Eliott Ness directly, they probably have a forum for such questions. Alternatively just lobby me to prioritise the features you need the most Wink What ingame commands are most important to you?

@MasterGoo - PM me, or email me and I'll work directly with you, to get it working on P4FCC as soon as possible.

Regards,
Pedro

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=d77e933d86e1a2...8841c42059]

Get P4FCC (built in free demo server)
29-06-2011, 07:02 PM | Post: #82
Offline DazzieBoi 
does anyone know if the banners need to be a specific size/dimension for them to work, i would like to change the standard banner for my so i can display info such as rules, site url and TS info...

and would i need to restart the server for changes to take effect?

thnx

[Image: dazzieboy.png]

(This post was last modified: 29-06-2011 07:03 PM by DazzieBoi.)
29-06-2011, 07:15 PM | Post: #83
Offline FlashGordon 
(29-06-2011 07:02 PM)DazzieBoi Wrote:  does anyone know if the banners need to be a specific size/dimension for them to work, i would like to change the standard banner for my so i can display info such as rules, site url and TS info...

and would i need to restart the server for changes to take effect?

thnx

Banners are resized to fit the space provided. To get all the detail I need into my banner I made it twice the size, so when it's shrunk it's still just about readable.

I have not actually tested it, but I'd assume you don't need to restart for banner changes any more.

Regards,
Pedro

(This post was last modified: 29-06-2011 07:15 PM by FlashGordon.)
29-06-2011, 07:34 PM | Post: #84
Offline DazzieBoi 
thanks pedro,

do you know what the actual size of the original banner is? or where i could find that info?

thnx

[Image: dazzieboy.png]

29-06-2011, 07:42 PM | Post: #85
Offline 5thHuddsy 
No problem Flash, Thanks for the response though.
I will be writing up a list of in game commands that we use in our 1942 servers that would translate to BF4F. Once I get the list together I'll Pm it it to you.

ThanksWink

[5th MR]Jhudds
5thHuddsy
http://WWW.5thmrc.com
29-06-2011, 07:53 PM | Post: #86
Offline MasterGoo 
Flash;

If BFCC is adding in game command support does that mean someone will have to leave the admin client up to even see those commands, I know things like Pro con hosting had to be up on BFBC2 for in game admin to work.

Also will bfCC be adding Sub Admins (which is a followup to my last post) not sure anyone saw it it was the last post on the previous page on this thread.

Al this popped up 2 days ago in CC what can cause this and how can we maybe fix it?

See the Attachment its the database error thing.

Edit: Added Screen Cap and Errors File hope this helps.

Attached File(s)
.jpg  ccdataerror.jpg (Size: 99.64 KB / Downloads: 54)
.txt  ApplicationCriticalErrors.txt (Size: 3.35 KB / Downloads: 57)

Bookmark Server
[Image: ncciT.png]
(This post was last modified: 29-06-2011 08:17 PM by MasterGoo.)
29-06-2011, 11:34 PM | Post: #87
Offline FlashGordon 
@DazzieBoi - I think it's something wierd like 468 × 60. A good search of the forums (or even the BFH forums) will tell you for sure. I've found it before when I went looking, on the BFH forums at least. It really helps if you make your banner twice the size. The image looks better squashed down by the game client (better at anti-aliasing of letters) than if you do the resizing yourself. I remember fussing over this for ages.

@5thHuddsey - Thank you, that would be helpful.

@MasterGoo - Yes unfortunately it's the same as it was for BFH, we have no access to the server, other than the mod manager modules they allow us to control through Rcon. This means any intelegance you wish to add on top of the game needs to be supplied by a client tool that must remain connected via Rcon, monitor the server & player data and send commands back to the server. That's how admining evolved into Autoadmin Wink

BTW, a patch earlier this evening fixed that database issue. That error was that the new user database was missing, because I didn't properly add to the deployment. Sorry for a day's worth of log tab spam!

Regards,
Pedro

(This post was last modified: 29-06-2011 11:40 PM by FlashGordon.)
30-06-2011, 03:09 AM | Post: #88
Offline thebronxbomber 
Hey guys, where/what is the serversettings.con file I need to change to make my server unranked?

Thanks Tongue

Fighting 13th Community
We are recruiting Smile
30-06-2011, 03:46 AM | Post: #89
Offline MasterGoo 
(29-06-2011 11:34 PM)FlashGordon Wrote:  @MasterGoo - Yes unfortunately it's the same as it was for BFH, we have no access to the server, other than the mod manager modules they allow us to control through Rcon. This means any intelegance you wish to add on top of the game needs to be supplied by a client tool that must remain connected via Rcon, monitor the server & player data and send commands back to the server. That's how admining evolved into Autoadmin Wink

BTW, a patch earlier this evening fixed that database issue. That error was that the new user database was missing, because I didn't properly add to the deployment. Sorry for a day's worth of log tab spam!

Regards,
Pedro

Thanks so much for your efforts.

Question: according to rcon there is Sub Admin commands to create delete and modify admins. However I don't see an Option in the CC app to add admins yet there is a login option for sub admins at the client level. Where is the admin list am I missing something?

The only app that has an admin list is EAsy that I saw

2nd Q: When in game Admin is coded in. It sounds like that admin will need to launch their admin panel and have it running in the background while they play the game. What happens if multiple admins run the app in the background at the same time?

Thanks for your time.

Bookmark Server
[Image: ncciT.png]
30-06-2011, 07:08 AM | Post: #90
Offline 5thHuddsy 
Flash,

A question.

If we have Easy running and someone wants to try your program PFCC, is there any issue in someone running PFCC while another admin has Easy running?

[5th MR]Jhudds
5thHuddsy
30-06-2011, 10:34 AM | Post: #91
Offline -=OG=-Vercetti 
(30-06-2011 07:08 AM)5thHuddsy Wrote:  Flash,

A question.

If we have Easy running and someone wants to try your program PFCC, is there any issue in someone running PFCC while another admin has Easy running?

No, you can run both at the same time.

U-238 Wrote:..when I participated in the EVGA Jeep Battles and I first heard MassiveImpulsa's voice I thought he was a girl......
30-06-2011, 03:10 PM | Post: #92
Offline 5thHuddsy 
(30-06-2011 10:34 AM)-=OG=-Vercetti Wrote:  

A question.

Ok second question,

Do I need to have Easy or BFCC running all the time to stream PB and to ensure bans remain?
We have EAsy running 24/7 on our dedicated server. Is the following statement correct?
The dedicated server is running the EAsy Server Panel 24/7. This also is running 5 other 1942 Servers Remote Consoles and Servers, 2 BC2 PRoCon Consoles, TeamSpeak Server, FTP Server and other misc. items.

If you run it on your computer, you'll more than likely lag the server a bit from multiple logins insert commands, and ultimately the server reporting back to you everything that is going on from text, kicks, PBBans, etc. Plus the ban list won't stick. You must keep it running 24/7 on your personal computer. So if we give everyone access, guess what? Everyone is required to keep it running on their computer 24/7. You shut it down and those bans won't stick. Everything is wiped. That's why it's best to set it and forget it on the dedicated server and use all in-game commands which you can do everything in game, minus a few things only at the moment until fixed, as if you were using the program itself.

Right now the sub-admins don't work correctly.

What I am understanding is that I can run both EAsy and BFCC at the same tiem and theres no issues with one interferring with another, correct?

[5th MR]Jhudds
5thHuddsy
30-06-2011, 03:12 PM | Post: #93
Offline 5thHuddsy 
(30-06-2011 10:34 AM)-=OG=-Vercetti Wrote:  

A question.

Ok second question,

Do I need to have Easy or BFCC running all the time to stream PB and to ensure bans remain?
We have EAsy running 24/7 on our dedicated server. Is the following statement correct?

The dedicated server is running the EAsy Server Panel 24/7. This also is running 5 other 1942 Servers Remote Consoles and Servers, 2 BC2 PRoCon Consoles, TeamSpeak Server, FTP Server and other misc. items.

If you run it on your computer, you'll more than likely lag the server a bit from multiple logins insert commands, and ultimately the server reporting back to you everything that is going on from text, kicks, PBBans, etc. Plus the ban list won't stick. You must keep it running 24/7 on your personal computer. So if we give everyone access, guess what? Everyone is required to keep it running on their computer 24/7. You shut it down and those bans won't stick. Everything is wiped. That's why it's best to set it and forget it on the dedicated server and use all in-game commands which you can do everything in game, minus a few things only at the moment until fixed, as if you were using the program itself.

Right now the sub-admins don't work correctly.

What I am understanding is that I can run both EAsy and BFCC at the same time and theres no issues with one interferring with another, correct?
Am I also correct in thinking that access is not limited to only 1 access point, and that there can be multiplpe access with EAsy and BFCC. So a couple of admins can have the console open at one time?

[5th MR]Jhudds
5thHuddsy
http://WWW.5thmrc.com (This post was last modified: 30-06-2011 03:25 PM by 5thHuddsy.)
30-06-2011, 04:43 PM | Post: #94
Offline Obest 
Hi FlashGordon

I join ranks of admins from today Smile.
I don't know if you find first time inexperienced user feedback helpful.

It was my first time to use your software today, when I got e-mail about server being setup and links to download BFP4FCC and EAsy Server panel in order to run it.

I have downloaded BFP4FCC first and I could go as far as work out how to start configuring server connection but it never connected and I couldn't understand why. After that I have downloaded EAsy Panel and launched it it had clear names in server connection configuration menu. I managed to connect quite easily and after I have played with EAsy Panel for a while I could understand how to run BFP4FCC.

One of the things that confused me initially was: After input of server IP address I needed to type in port number, I had server port given by server provider and RCON port number so I got it mixed up and tried to use wrong server port. But now I understand how it works.

Overall I like your menu layout I find it more user friendly then EAsy Panel. However due to number of features that only EAsy panel have got avaliable right now I use it more often.

Keep up good work. Wink
30-06-2011, 05:00 PM | Post: #95
Offline FlashGordon 
@thebronxbomber - serversettings.com is not available for direct access, you change server settings via Rcon commands. They are mostly locked down except the ones available in P4FCC. To change ranking, use P4FCC or EAsy panel. Then restart your server via your provider's website panel.

@5thHuddsy

1)Punkbuster and Bans are server-side, so no client is needed to handle that. You have to dump a load of stuff in pb settings file via your web control panel to get that to work. Search the BFH forums for the most on that. bans also have a server-side file, which keeps the offenders off your server 24/7 without any client needed. If one person bans a player, that player will show on the other admin's ban list when they refresh their data (reopen the ban window or restart their client). You are just listing and managing the list that is kept server side.

2) From my early tests, EAsy panel is not connection proof, if you lose connection (quite regular occurance) the admin tool will simply drop off and require manual reconnect. P4FCC however will recover from most connection issues, retrying to connect every 10 seconds. Just try pulling the network cable out of your PC, then plug it back in, or reset your server whilst connected, and see what happens to the two tools.

3) I have heard some say it causes extra lag on the server, but in my own [extensive] tests I was unable to notice any performance change on a full server, even when polling the server several times per second. P4FCC has been rewritten from scratch, working up from minimum Rcon traffic. EAsy panel does a lot of extra commands during any monitor cycle.

@Obest - Thanks for the feedback, I will add more notes to that first and most critical connection window. As for extra features, watch this space Wink

30-06-2011, 06:45 PM | Post: #96
Offline 5thHuddsy 
(30-06-2011 05:00 PM)FlashGordon Wrote:  3) I have heard some say it causes extra lag on the server, but in my own [extensive] tests I was unable to notice any performance change on a full server, even when polling the server several times per second. P4FCC has been rewritten from scratch, working up from minimum Rcon traffic. EAsy panel does a lot of extra commands during any monitor cycle.

What kind of extra commands are you speaking of? in particular?

[5th MR]Jhudds
5thHuddsy
30-06-2011, 08:04 PM | Post: #97
Offline Airnate 
(30-06-2011 05:00 PM)FlashGordon Wrote:  1)Punkbuster and Bans are server-side, so no client is needed to handle that. You have to dump a load of stuff in pb settings file via your web control panel to get that to work. Search the BFH forums for the most on that. bans also have a server-side file, which keeps the offenders off your server 24/7 without any client needed. If one person bans a player, that player will show on the other admin's ban list when they refresh their data (reopen the ban window or restart their client). You are just listing and managing the list that is kept server side.

2) From my early tests, EAsy panel is not connection proof, if you lose connection (quite regular occurance) the admin tool will simply drop off and require manual reconnect. P4FCC however will recover from most connection issues, retrying to connect every 10 seconds. Just try pulling the network cable out of your PC, then plug it back in, or reset your server whilst connected, and see what happens to the two tools.

3) I have heard some say it causes extra lag on the server, but in my own [extensive] tests I was unable to notice any performance change on a full server, even when polling the server several times per second. P4FCC has been rewritten from scratch, working up from minimum Rcon traffic. EAsy panel does a lot of extra commands during any monitor cycle.

@FlashGordon

1) The bans are only working locally on our server. If you close the EAsy Server Panel, the banned players are able to rejoin. The ban list will not sync to another console program especially if one ban is applied on EAsy Server Panel and someone else logs in with BFP4FCC. It would seem each program has their own command line for banning and maintaining the ban list.

I've been on the BFH website forums for the past few days. It seems others have had the same issue regarding the server ban list. As you said, the dump file requires a specific PunkBuster command line to make them stay on the server. I'm going to research this further with PunkBuster.

On a side note, we are streaming PBBans. There is a bug where if the server crashes, you must restart the server twice and then have at least one player join the server before streaming starts again.

2) I agree with you. The connection drops more often with EAsy Server Panel than with BFP4FCC, but I've created a small script on our dedicated server to reconnect automatically. I just run it as a service. It's not full proof but I'm alerted if it goes down.

3) I've seen considerable slow downs on our network performance charts. It could be our port. For every connection to the server, the client sends specific commands to make the connection. This alone creates a small spike to the server and with multiple client logins, this is an issue. For each client that connects, they would be over writing the auto messages, join messages, welcome messages, bad words lists, etc. So if there is one master client setup on a dedicated server and another client connects, those lists are no longer working. It would seem them are overwritten on the server as soon as you log in. No matter if you apply and save changes to the server or not. It seems to be acting on the principal of whoever connects last.

I haven't found a way to save those settings and lists to the server. They are ran on the client, and if the client is closed, those lists don't work. I'm sure EA will release more file access to us at a later date. Is there any way around this for now?

Overall I prefer the EAsy Server Panel since there is more customization allowed. I know both programs are in their early stages but hope they will be updated soon.
30-06-2011, 08:19 PM | Post: #98
Offline FlashGordon 
(30-06-2011 06:45 PM)5thHuddsy Wrote:  What kind of extra commands are you speaking of? in particular?

I'm sorry, that was an unguarded comment, a generalisation which I cannot confirm is still true. I just remember when I was writing Autoadmin for BFH and comparing the traffic, that there was extra unnecesary traffic, legacy commands which were no longer allowed or curently locked down. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that Ness Manager was originally for BF2, reskinned for BFH, now again for BP4F. For BFH at least, when I was looking into such things, the NM was still calling some old Rcon commands. I haven't the time or the inclination to check again. It's not an issue, and would barely affect performance. I was just 'splitting hairs' over the possibility of an extra command here or there, we're talking micro seconds, and not too many extra cpu ticks on the server.

Regards,
Pedro

(This post was last modified: 30-06-2011 08:20 PM by FlashGordon.)
01-07-2011, 12:21 AM | Post: #99
Offline thebronxbomber 
(30-06-2011 05:00 PM)FlashGordon Wrote:  @thebronxbomber - serversettings.com is not available for direct access, you change server settings via Rcon commands. They are mostly locked down except the ones available in P4FCC. To change ranking, use P4FCC or EAsy panel. Then restart your server via your provider's website panel.
Everytime I do that, restarting the server just changes it back to normal settings, it won't make it unranked D:

For multiplay, can't I edit it in clanforge?

Fighting 13th Community
We are recruiting Smile
01-07-2011, 12:47 AM | Post: #100
Offline RIC0H 
(01-07-2011 12:21 AM)thebronxbomber Wrote:  For multiplay, can't I edit it in clanforge?

Yes you can, you just need to make a new profile and select unranked.
Then you just need to tweak the tickets and whatnot to your liking in the clanforge config part.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that this is the only way to make a multiplay server unranked, as you cannot do it via an admin tool.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 12:53 AM by RIC0H.)