Hello There, Guest!

15-06-2011, 06:54 PM | Post: #1
Offline Tsurany 
I understand you guys feel guilty about ripping off everyone with customizations that weren't even working properly but just rushing the customizations while it still is a huge pile of crap isn't the best way to solve it. Now everytime I get killed there is a terrible lag because of your useless customization system. I can't view my scores or type in the chat, I can barely select the spawn at base option. It's just terrible

You know that when you build an application or game you actually test it before releasing? Maybe you should do that too. And if it shows that it's a huge steaming pile of crap, fix it, don't implement it.
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2011 07:04 PM by Tsurany.)
15-06-2011, 06:56 PM | Post: #2
Offline Thyrion 
its because they cant find another way to do this... ive heard its the same as in heroes, it also laggs there...

and its not that bad... just live with it.

15-06-2011, 07:03 PM | Post: #3
Offline Tsurany 
It's not that bad? I'd rather have no lag then these stupid bugged customization options.
15-06-2011, 07:05 PM | Post: #4
Offline Thyrion 
it only laggs while respawning so who cares? and i love to see some differend armor Smile

16-06-2011, 01:43 PM | Post: #5
Offline Tsurany 
I care because in the respawning screen you can't choose to spawn at the base due to the terrible lag.
16-06-2011, 01:46 PM | Post: #6
Offline .:Camper:. 
not that bad. HAHA good joke my computer almost crashs. pff 2001 computer what of it Smile

[Image: ?m=3]

(19-09-2011 10:12 AM)Silvanoshi Wrote:  it's just the fact that it trying to land it is like playing a very explosive form of Russian roulette.
16-06-2011, 01:48 PM | Post: #7
Offline XShooter 
(16-06-2011 01:43 PM)Tsurany Wrote:  I care because in the respawning screen you can't choose to spawn at the base due to the terrible lag.

Agreed! At least they could make an option to turn on/off customizations...
16-06-2011, 02:22 PM | Post: #8
Offline Zockar 
hey hey hey
thats a BETA version
it isnt finished so dont be so pissed of (not all of you)
i dont know the problem
im playing low quality ( because i got a laptop) since my beginning
it worked with and without customization
and if you got a problem because of it lags if youre respawning
get more skills and die not so much !!!
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2011 02:22 PM by Zockar.)
16-06-2011, 09:08 PM | Post: #9
Offline Celestal 
(15-06-2011 06:54 PM)Tsurany Wrote:  I understand you guys feel guilty about ripping off everyone with customizations that weren't even working properly but just rushing the customizations while it still is a huge pile of crap isn't the best way to solve it. Now everytime I get killed there is a terrible lag because of your useless customization system. I can't view my scores or type in the chat, I can barely select the spawn at base option. It's just terrible

You know that when you build an application or game you actually test it before releasing? Maybe you should do that too. And if it shows that it's a huge steaming pile of crap, fix it, don't implement it.

i strongly disagree, the lag is very brief and after the first or second death, you should be able to peacefully select spawn again. Its well worth it to see all those customized players running around shooting other players.

Blush Have you ever been team switched to loseing team? then click here.
http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=39365
17-06-2011, 02:19 PM | Post: #10
Offline XShooter 
(16-06-2011 09:08 PM)Celestal Wrote:  i strongly disagree, the lag is very brief and after the first or second death, you should be able to peacefully select spawn again...

It depends on how many new players are joining the current server. And new players are joining all the time. EVERY time I die, a new customizations are loaded which makes it nearly impossible to spawn at the base. I think that until they fix the lag they should implement an option that allows you to turn on and off the customizations.
17-06-2011, 02:23 PM | Post: #11
Offline cdjackkid 
The customization is kind of what sells this game, that and the buyable weapons. I like the customization personally, helps me remember who's who. The lag is only for about 3 seconds then the game continues as usual.
/anti-sign

[Image: signature.png]

using my battlefield heroes sig until I get experienced.
17-06-2011, 02:24 PM | Post: #12
Offline wotertool 
(15-06-2011 07:05 PM)Thyrion Wrote:  it only laggs while respawning so who cares? and i love to see some differend armor Smile

silence, Mr I-have-a-overpowered-Inteil i7-/AMD 6 Core CPU.

Not all guys on this world have a gaming PC, it still laggs while playing.

[Image: signatureremoved21.png]

Image dimension beyond allowable limits ~Tanis

http://s04.flagcounter.com/count/E3q/bg=...geviews=1/
17-06-2011, 02:25 PM | Post: #13
Offline Celestal 
(15-06-2011 06:56 PM)Thyrion Wrote:  its because they cant find another way to do this... ive heard its the same as in heroes, it also laggs there...

and its not that bad... just live with it.

i dont think its bad either, i think customization should stay

Blush Have you ever been team switched to loseing team? then click here.
http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=39365
17-06-2011, 02:39 PM | Post: #14
Offline XShooter 
(17-06-2011 02:23 PM)cdjackkid Wrote:  The customization is kind of what sells this game, that and the buyable weapons. I like the customization personally, helps me remember who's who. The lag is only for about 3 seconds then the game continues as usual.
/anti-sign

I'm not saying to completely remove the customizations... Just to make it possible for the people with slower PCs to play the game NORMALLY. Yes, the lag does take "only" about 3 seconds, but most of the time 2 seconds are simply NOT enough to locate the mouse pointer and to select the spawn location.
17-06-2011, 03:36 PM | Post: #15
Offline [KKX]Traxx 
I just can second that! I am not able to choose my spawn point any more! But I don´t understand, why all custom items are loaded at the start, or give me the option to wait until they all are loaded!

Beside that let us choose a spawn point by default. Clicking every time is nonsens!
17-06-2011, 04:23 PM | Post: #16
Offline Krark 
Some like them and some not.
I think the best way is: turning on (loading while playing/before playing[if it is possible]) or turning off.
18-06-2011, 10:14 AM | Post: #17
Offline Vorarlberg 
I can only agree.
It is really annoying when customistion loading, particularly the "there is a problem with your connection." after customiztion so I think the best way is to make a choose at options, on or off.
18-06-2011, 10:27 AM | Post: #18
Offline ITOS 
Only loading customisations between rounds could be one solution. Turning of customisations for lowest graphical setting could also work.

Even with a gaming PC the stuttering when loading is a bit annoying.

[Image: B-194.jpg]
18-06-2011, 12:08 PM | Post: #19
Offline 420-Al-CaPWN-420 
Why can't all customizations be pre-loaded at the beginning of the round so that the game has no need to load them up everytime you get killed. Its just a bit of clothing FFS, sort it out
18-06-2011, 01:32 PM | Post: #20
Offline goodcapeweather 
i agree, customisation load is very annoying. i am able to choose where to spawn once out of probably 5 times. SO ANNOYING. i wish there was an option to turn it off, i dont care how you look like, get over yourself, i just want to kill you.