Hello There, Guest!

14-06-2011, 08:11 PM | Post: #1
Offline Snipe0 
Well, Basrah is the best map for infrantry i've seen in this game (there aren't much maps but that doesn't matter).
The only thing what is missing is a Blackhawk.

[Image: UH-60-Black-Hawk-helicopter-344.preview.jpg]

[Image: black_hawk_narrowweb__300x440,0.jpg]

It would double the fun of the map, because a Blackhawk is only effective against infrantry, and in Oman there are too much vehicles that could kill the Blackhawk.

I think it would be awesome to pilot a Blackhawk to flag {B}, hover above the car-parking-thing and let your gunners do the work.
After they have taken out the enemies, you land the Blackhawk on the roof and start infiltrating the building.

I suggest that there can only be one Blackhawk at the time, so one team has got to get it first. I think it would be good if the first Blackhawk spawns once flag {B} is captured.

The first time the Blackhawk spawns, it would be on the side of the team that spawns near {D} (that's the US I thought).
The second time the Blackhwak spawns, it would be on {B}.

Because the the two teams always fight for {B} on Basrah, a Blackhawk would be cool to have, because {B} is a building where the Blackhawk can land.
It would also create thousands of new tactics on Basrah, because with a Blackhawk on you team's side you can;
  • Transport troops
  • Use it to spot flanking enemies
  • Hover above infrantry and let the gunners kill them
  • Send the ground troops into combat to take out the enemy's AA turret. (To protect your Blackhawk)

However, it must be able to destroy the Blackhawk, so there have to be AA turrets. I suggest to add two of them, and place them both near the spawn place of the two teams. Don't place them in the center of the map, because then it is going to become impossible to fly a Blackhawk without being hit by a heat-seeking missile.
Also, once an AA turret is destroyed, it will take a long while until it respawns. So once a group of infrantry managed it to take the AA turret of the enemy down, their Blackhawk (if they have one in the air at the moment) will be save for a long time (of course not for RPG's).

At least I want to suggest to add a message on the HUD when the Blackhawk spawns, something like "Blackhawk is ready for combat at flag {B}" or "Get that Blackhawk in the air, soldier". (No need for voice overs).
Just like the Goliath message in BF2142, but then without a voice over.

Please, if you like the idea, /sign, and if you don't like it explain why. So you give me feedback and things to think about.

Take a look at the poll to;
-----------------------------
http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=37853

(This post was last modified: 16-06-2011 07:58 PM by Snipe0.)
15-06-2011, 04:31 PM | Post: #2
Offline Gam3King 
/Sign!

[Image: TurtleSwag.gif]

15-06-2011, 04:43 PM | Post: #3
Offline roryr7 
/sign

hey check out my main account

roryr6
15-06-2011, 04:45 PM | Post: #4
Offline [WoD]Ump5 
/sign

I'wd love the helicopter battles between the teams
15-06-2011, 04:46 PM | Post: #5
Offline T-Powers 
I like the idea! But i think basra is pretty balanced and adding stuff would mabye ruin that. My suggestion is that the add quads! How does that sounds!
15-06-2011, 04:51 PM | Post: #6
Offline ffdfdfd 
I'm gonna have to say no. You make some good points but Basrah is a small map It would be pretty easy to take out the AAs and just sit in the center of the map and camp. If any vehicle will be added to Basrah it should just be a quad. But it's fine as it is.

(This post was last modified: 15-06-2011 04:51 PM by ffdfdfd.)
15-06-2011, 06:15 PM | Post: #7
Offline Gam3King 
(15-06-2011 04:51 PM)ffdfdfd Wrote:  I'm gonna have to say no. You make some good points but Basrah is a small map It would be pretty easy to take out the AAs and just sit in the center of the map and camp. If any vehicle will be added to Basrah it should just be a quad. But it's fine as it is.

Just Transport heli, no AA Smile

[Image: TurtleSwag.gif]

15-06-2011, 06:27 PM | Post: #8
Offline Celestal 
i dont think the map is big enough for a transport to land safetly in a effective position... or for a gunner to get a full view

Blush Have you ever been team switched to loseing team? then click here.
http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=39365
15-06-2011, 06:35 PM | Post: #9
Offline Landia 
Erm, no thanks. Basra is way to small for aerial vehicles and like you said it is infantry only.

(14-06-2011 08:11 PM)Snipe0 Wrote:  I think it would be awesome to pilot a Blackhawk to flag {B}, hover above the car-parking-thing and let your gunners do the work.
After they have taken out the enemies, you land the Blackhawk on the roof and start infiltrating the building.

In theory this is what would happen but in practise people would just land the Blackhawk and start spawn raping and continue to do so until it was destroyed. They'd then wait a few minutes for it to respawn and then do it again.

15-06-2011, 08:17 PM | Post: #10
Offline Coreded 
Basra is too small as some have mentioned and not too many people are skilled enough to land it very well and to use the MG (not to mention underpowered) while flying is a waste of bullets. Quads as some of you have mentioned would be a great idea. And more fair. IMO.
15-06-2011, 09:43 PM | Post: #11
Offline Vlas_Tepes 
/sign

Yes, I think is very good idea!!
15-06-2011, 09:48 PM | Post: #12
Offline eric08 
/sign but i think quads would be nice on that map

[Image: voweric08.png]
15-06-2011, 09:56 PM | Post: #13
Offline 0tomek0E 
Quads only.
Believe me, a good team would down the heli in less within 20 seconds since it gets traced. And this heli would get traced at once. Everyone has a tracer dart and there are at least 2 engis in each team.
each fires 2 bullets and it's over.

Also if we put a UH-60 we need to place the Mil-17 to ballance it between the teams.
16-06-2011, 01:04 AM | Post: #14
Offline CorporalCanuck 
GOOD IDEA!!!
It would be cool to repel off copter with ropes onto garage or any building it would be fun to control your rope and smash through window and kill infantry
16-06-2011, 01:08 AM | Post: #15
Offline XxAUZYxX 
(16-06-2011 01:04 AM)CorporalCanuck Wrote:  GOOD IDEA!!!
It would be cool to repel off copter with ropes onto garage or any building it would be fun to control your rope and smash through window and kill infantry

What are you talking about? O.o There are no ropes, breakable windows, or repelling in P4F
But I do like the idea of a transport.

I Wanna Be The Guy...You never thought to walk behind the spikes. (This post was last modified: 16-06-2011 01:09 AM by XxAUZYxX.)
16-06-2011, 02:44 PM | Post: #16
Offline Snipe0 
Ok, it could take the balance of Basrah, but the idea behind this idea is that it would be awesome to have a map where the blackhawk is being used. On Oman nobody uses the blackhawk for combat, only as transport, because there are Apaches too so why should you use a blackhawk instead.

MAYBE it isn't a good idea to add a blackhawk to Basrah, but the thing I want to see is an infrantry map where each teams use blackhawks to battle. (Something like two blackhawks hovering next to eachoter and the gunners are firing wildly. Smile

16-06-2011, 02:51 PM | Post: #17
Offline Thyrion 
i would like to see a blackhawk chopper in an infantry only map yes Smile that would be fun and allow the use of special tactics ^^

16-06-2011, 07:41 PM | Post: #18
Offline ThiDOD 
Funny to use a Choppa that is made in USA by a Russian guy (Igor Sikorsky)

Click the Sig for Rush
16-06-2011, 07:44 PM | Post: #19
Offline RepublicA 
I would /sign anything that adds more vehicles to any map.
I really see no reason why a map can't have at least a buggy or Hummer.
16-06-2011, 07:49 PM | Post: #20
Offline SkyDog13 
/sign
Though there could be a lot of spawn killing with it.

[Image: XrvwDpA.png]